PDA

View Full Version : Event Emergency Code: Screenshot

Ce'Nedra
Nov 19, 2012, 01:44 PM
http://meji.se/pso/screenshothead1.gif

Greetings all Arks!
Yosh, it's time for another screenshot contest in which everyone here on PSO-World can participate. Human, Newman, Cast, even Rappies may enter.

This time we will have 2 categories which you can sumbit screenshots to. One category for funny and hilarious pictures and one for action shots.
That means this contest will have 2 winners, each receiving a whole sum of 1000 AC.

Contest Rules:

You may enter both categories
You can't win both categories
You can only submit 1 image per category
No duplicate pictures, take a different one for both categories
Multiple players may be in one image, but only the one submitting the image may be the winner.
In case you're submitting two images (1 for each category), I ask for these with multiple characters and accounts to use the same character.
Pictures taken before this contest was created are not allowed. I hope everyone is fair enough on that themselves, this is to make people actually "work" for their price and not just upload a picture they have sitting around for months.
You may change your entry as long its still one image per category
Turning off the HUD is highly preferred for the action category. If you don't know how to ask around, its not that hard.
Graphic level will not be judged, not everyone can play this game with the best graphical settings.
Editing of special effects and/or objects is not allowed. However, cropping your image and adjusting brightness/contrast and color (Black & White, Sepia, etc) are allowed.
Players from all ships can enter this contest
The prize (1000 AC) will be given in the form of a WebMoney code.

To submit your entry simply send me a PM (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=37634) with the URL to the picture(s) so that I can download them. Make sure to label which picture you want for which category so I don't mix it up.

There will be no voting poll, since the winners will be ranked and selected by 5 different judges. The top-10 images of each category will be posted when announcing the winners.
I hope you all will give me and the judges some very cool screenshots to judge. I personally can't wait to see what you guys will bring with the previous contest still in my mind.

As for the deadline, no submits will be accepted after Thursday 20th of December 10:00 PM GMT (5PM EST)

Minna-san, ganbatte!

Meji
Nov 19, 2012, 01:50 PM
Time to gather up all of my Doodoo NPC's and get some creepy screen shots!
Oh yeah, I'm on a roll! :hamster:

Naoshi
Nov 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
even Rappies may enter.
Yay!

Graphic level will not be judged, not everyone can play this game with the best graphical settings.
Double yay!

Amaranthus
Nov 19, 2012, 02:27 PM
The banner is awesome.
[SPOILER-BOX]Nou. I'm not spamming! But srsly, dat banner is just awesum.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Love them categories as well.

Game on!

:bunny:

CelestialBlade
Nov 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
This one's gonna be really fun :wacko:

Griffin
Nov 19, 2012, 03:19 PM
Next time, contact me for a sexy contest banner. These skills are free, homeslice.

Mysterious-G
Nov 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Challenge accepted~!
I am a little rusty, but please bear with me!

Smithee
Nov 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
Challenge accepted~!
I am a little rusty, but please bear with me!

Not sure if pun. Also which is the screen shot key?

Reiketsu
Nov 19, 2012, 04:39 PM
Not sure if pun. Also which is the screen shot key?

Just hit 'print screen' and ba-dam!

Smithee
Nov 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
Just hit 'print screen' and ba-dam!

the ingame screenshot?

Reiketsu
Nov 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
the ingame screenshot?

Yes, if you want to take an in-game screenshot, you just have to press 'print screen'.
Alternatively, you can use the screenshot option over the quick menu.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 19, 2012, 05:13 PM
The banner is awesome.
[SPOILER-BOX]Nou. I'm not spamming! But srsly, dat banner is just awesum.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Love them categories as well.

Game on!

:bunny:

Credits and all for the banner to Meji-sama~

Already got my 1st entry. You guys got a full month, just remember only 1 chance to submit (per category) so choose wisely.

superBlast
Nov 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
Contest? I love contests even if i don't win lol. And if i do win I can get 1000 or 200AC..... that means I can make BlastGirl for free!!! I won't have to stare at a robot for hours anymore!!! This is for BlastGirl! Chaaaaarge!!!!! *Runs off in the distance laughing like he's completely insane*

Ok seriously, this awesome. I'd be happy enough if I actually get in the top ten tbh lol. Good luck everyone!

Crystal_Shard
Nov 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Love the Space Tuna Surfing in the banner. :3

Anyway, I'll be back to being free during December, so I'll see if I can catch a good shot while getting back up to speed with rare hunting and meseta earning. Goodness knows my screenshot timing is awful, but who knows? Maybe I might get lucky.

Syklo
Nov 20, 2012, 02:04 AM
Do the screenshots have to feature us?

Ce'Nedra
Nov 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
Do the screenshots have to feature us?

It has to show your character yeah.

Also I got asked if adjusting contrast is allowed among the brightness adjustment. This will be allowed and I will edit it in the first post.

Syklo
Nov 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
It has to show your character yeah.

Also I got asked if adjusting contrast is allowed among the brightness adjustment. This will be allowed and I will edit it in the first post.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

I was going to submit Gettemhart with his derpface....

Ce'Nedra
Nov 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

I was going to submit Gettemhart with his derpface....

You could always just ninja behind him. sorta

It's about your character in a funny moment or in action pretty much~

Syklo
Nov 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
You could always just ninja behind him. sorta

It's about your character in a funny moment or in action pretty much~
It was screenshotted during a story event cutscene.......at just the right moment :)

Ace-zatzu
Nov 20, 2012, 09:45 PM
awesome! *hmm what should i do?*

Syklo
Nov 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Btw, does anyone know of a way to TEMPORARILY screenshot HUD-less?

As in, press *** key with prntscreen to screenshot without HUD?

I read somewhere that using T works, but it doesn't.....

TenebriS
Nov 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
Btw, does anyone know of a way to TEMPORARILY screenshot HUD-less?

As in, press *** key with prntscreen to screenshot without HUD?

I read somewhere that using T works, but it doesn't.....

There is no "temporary" turning off, you have to turn it off in the options.
You can turn it off in the options and turn back on anytime tho O:

GoldenFalcon
Nov 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
I remember reading that in the closed beta test, Shift+Printscreen (or something) did that, but they just changed it into an option instead so that people actually knew it was a thing

Syklo
Nov 21, 2012, 03:04 AM
There is no "temporary" turning off, you have to turn it off in the options.
You can turn it off in the options and turn back on anytime tho O:
Still a pain.

I remember reading that in the closed beta test, Shift+Printscreen (or something) did that, but they just changed it into an option instead so that people actually knew it was a thing

Should've kept the shortcut...
And I don't suppose there's a way to change the "Direct chat" shortcut key?

Rika-chan
Nov 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
Is it possible to change your entry? ><

Ce'Nedra
Nov 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Yes it's possible, I think I forgot to mention that ^^;

Ce'Nedra
Nov 25, 2012, 01:52 PM
So far I get some action shots and only one for the funny category. I hope this will change otherwise that will be an easy victory.

Reiketsu
Nov 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
So far I get some action shots and only one for the funny category. I hope this will change otherwise that will be an easy victory.

Don't be so incredibly impatient :/
Your fault for setting a deadline until December 20th!
That's a looooong time... Personally, I'd wait till the very end, like the last day and then browse through all my pictures to pick an entry.
Otherwise, the chance is very high I end up taking better screenshots and revising my entry over and over again, lol

BIG OLAF
Nov 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, if you still have almost a month until the entry cutoff date, you're not going to be getting that many entries until the last week or so. Most will probably enter within the last 24 hours. So just be patient.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
I never said I was impatient, I know very well most people wait till last week or even the last day, was just stating something for so far. I actually ment to say that I hope more people will give the funny category a shot and it won't end up with like 2 or 3 pictures only.

Also people are allowed to change their pictures later on, its in the rules even, just as long its 1 per category and happens before the deadline~

Syklo
Nov 25, 2012, 06:07 PM
I finally have my submission in :)

Will I get disqualified if I send in a submission for the humour category that doesn't feature my own character?

Ce'Nedra
Nov 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
Well not disqualified as a person but you're picture won't be accepted. We want to see the characters themselves in both categories. You are allowed to have others in it but only the up loader of the picture can win.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 1, 2012, 07:40 PM
Bump~

18 days remaining

Meji
Dec 4, 2012, 10:43 AM
The colors in the upcoming parallel universe's looks radical. I bet these will be nice places to take cool screenshots. *hint, hint*

Link1275
Dec 4, 2012, 11:41 AM
Still a pain.

Should've kept the shortcut...
And I don't suppose there's a way to change the "Direct chat" shortcut key?

You can disable it in the options.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 6, 2012, 08:53 AM
2 weeks left people~

I can tottaly see people upload pictures of the current visual bug for the Funny Category XD

Rika-chan
Dec 6, 2012, 05:17 PM
Now that we can hid the HUD except for chat bubbles, prepare for my entry to be changed...again!

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
Reminder for everyone:

Only 7 days and 8 hours remaining!

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
But i has no inspiration for teh funneh SS :(

Ce'Nedra
Dec 16, 2012, 05:13 AM
That's too bad ;o

You'll think of something before the deadline ends Thursday ;o

LinkKD
Dec 18, 2012, 01:16 AM
Ce'Nedra

is the commedy category submission allowed to make use of the in-game chat and such?

just checking before I send...it's the last day now, so I have to send today @_@.

'been too busy lately...probably wont be able to submit something for the action category...unless I have something that I took after the contest started.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 18, 2012, 05:35 AM
Yes that ofcourse is allowed, it just must show your own char in it as well that's all. It's about your char being in funny or weird moments.

Also the event still runs for 2 days, 10 hours and 25 minutes so you still have some time :P

Ce'Nedra
Dec 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILFddYxKOM

Cmon people, last chances to submit!
Also 23 hours remain, I would have posted it a hour ago if Dark Falz didn't spawn

Ce'Nedra
Dec 21, 2012, 05:31 AM
So I got the results of the entries and I'm quite dissapointed in the amount of people that entered. Probarly has to do with the fact I don't hand out godlike AC like Tenebris or something =w= Then again this is only my first event and if I were to handle his AC numbers for example that would mean I would be handing out 12.000 AC total, thats a bit to much for a first time event for me. If I ever host another event in the future I will however increase the rewards.

Anyway here are the stats

Funny: 12
Action: 13
Total: 25
Number or participants: 17

At least everyone who entered has more chance to win now~

Syklo
Dec 21, 2012, 05:42 AM
Wasn't even doing it for the prize -w-
Just entered for the hell of participating :O

Ce'Nedra
Dec 21, 2012, 05:43 AM
Oh I'm sure there are some people who do it more for the price, not everyone can get AC etc and this would be an ideal chance heh.

Anyway thanks to these who did participate~

Dragonlily
Dec 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
How's this contest going? I know the end date was the 20th. Just thought I'd ask for an update! ^^

Ce'Nedra
Dec 26, 2012, 06:10 AM
the screenshots have be send to the judges, its now waiting till I receive the judging from each judge. I hope to be able to announce the winner on the 1st of January but it might be later.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 3, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hey guys quick update.

All the judges are done so I just have to progress the scores and then I will be able to announch the 2 winners. I also wait for Sutocorp to send me the webmoney codes for the prices. I will make a new topic with the winners and all participants somewhere today/this weekend. Sorry for the delay ^^;

Topic can be locked.