PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Vita version - release date and a "Special Package"

Keii
Nov 20, 2012, 06:33 PM
From siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/20/phantasy-star-online-2-coming-to-vita-in-february-with-for-pay-special-package-edtion):

Sega is bringing Phantasy Star Online 2 to PlayStation Vita and like the PC version it’s free. Vita and PC players are in the same virtual world. You can even play with your PC character on the Vita and keep any items you earned since Phantasy Star Online 2 uses a shared server.

While the game is free, Sega also plans on selling Phantasy Star Online 2 in stores as a special edition. This bundle includes:

Eight costumes (two for each race) from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Clad Cannon (launcher), Clad 6 (rod), and Wing Spada (sword) weapons from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
A Mag evolution device
Premium Set for 30 days
Fun 1000 ticket
Decorative Little Wing Stickers
A music disk with songs from Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2.

The Phantasy Star Online 2 Special Package will cost 5229 yen ($64). The free version and special package will be available on February 28, 2013.
Lock if old.

Maronji
Nov 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
Eight costumes (two for each race) from Phantasy Star Portable 2.

*insert dramatic "NO" scream here*

Well, time to start looking for a job.

gigawuts
Nov 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
Depending on how much that is I might buy it, honestly.

I'm talking, like, 30 bucks. Which I doubt it will be.

Keii
Nov 20, 2012, 07:05 PM
Depending on how much that is I might buy it, honestly.

I'm talking, like, 30 bucks. Which I doubt it will be.
Judging by the Japanese price, it will probably cost a bit less than your usual Vita game (since those are around 6000-7000 yen).

Angelo
Nov 20, 2012, 07:41 PM
So... considering that their goal was and still is to make the game cross compatible across PC and Vita I'm assuming you'd use the same account for both.

What's to keep me from buying this and then just using all the swag on the PC version?

gigawuts
Nov 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
Nothing probably, and I would imagine they did that intentionally so they can sell copies to people who don't even have vitas.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
Oh ho. I never did get the box set for the PC version but this is something I will probably dig getting. Be great if I'm somewhere with no computer but can still access the internet on my Vita.

Laxedrane
Nov 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
Question. Is it possible to get around the region lock for vita(If there is one, i dont know) to be able to get this work on a us vita. Cause I could convince a friend to play if so?

[Ayumi]
Nov 20, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Sega!
Looks like I'll have Premium once in my PSO2 life.
I planned on buying this since day 1.
I didn't even know they were planning on making one free and one paid.

I would buy it even if it was $100.

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 09:26 PM
I don't even have a Vita, and probably never will, and I'm contemplating buying this just for the Rosentriem code. I must fucking have that outfit.

Reiketsu
Nov 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah... dammit, that settles it... I'm going to import the vita version... can only hope it won't be too expensive >_<"

blace
Nov 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
$64 + middleman markup + shipping. This will probably break my wallet, but at least we get a set date.

Also, there's no region lock on the Vita, but you'll probably want to invest on a second memory card as content on them is locked based on account.

Mike
Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 PM
Also, there's no region lock on the Vita, but you'll probably want to invest on a second memory card as content on them is locked based on account.
Not to mention that you'll probably need a fair amount of space to use future updates.

[Ayumi]
Nov 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
I don't even have a Vita, and probably never will, and I'm contemplating buying this just for the Rosentriem code. I must fucking have that outfit.

I've planned long ago I was not going to get a Vita at all... until PSO2 was announced for it.
I never bought one (yet) and was going to get one and then wait for PSO2, which I thought was stupid in the long run so I decided to wait until PSO2 was released and then get it.

Yes, I know getting a Vita for maybe one game ever is stupid... but I don't care.

$64 + middleman markup + shipping. This will probably break my wallet, but at least we get a set date.

Not to mention that you'll probably need a fair amount of space to use future updates.

Good thing I only have a japanese PSN account.
I wonder how big of a card I would need though.

Link1275
Nov 20, 2012, 10:38 PM
Question. Is it possible to get around the region lock for vita(If there is one, i dont know) to be able to get this work on a us vita. Cause I could convince a friend to play if so?
There is NO region block on ANY NEW Sony Playstation system.

;2884193']I wonder how big of a card I would need though.
I would grab at least 16-32GB, as the game is already over 8GB(by like .15 GBs lol).

[Ayumi]
Nov 20, 2012, 10:43 PM
There is NO region block on ANY NEW Sony Playstation system.

I would grab at least 16-32GB, as the game is already over 8GB(by like .15 GBs lol).

Do they come bigger?
I honestly never fully researched the Vita except one video review I saw by someone on youtube long ago... and the one time I touched one back in Spring at a store.

blace
Nov 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm just hoping the game cartridge itself makes up for most of the data just so I don't need to buy a third memory card.

Edit: 32GB is the highest, may jump to 64GB like some current micro SD's, but don't count on it. The game on PC will always be large, they'll probably reduce the size to about 2GB. A look at any Vita game and you'll see games with a fourth of the size PSO2 PC is.

[Ayumi]
Nov 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
I'm just hoping the game cartridge itself makes up for most of the data just so I don't need to buy a third memory card.

Edit: 32GB is the highest, may jump to 64GB like some current micro SD's, but don't count on it. The game on PC will always be large, they'll probably reduce the size to about 2GB. A look at any Vita game and you'll see games with a fourth of the size PSO2 PC is.

I've been feeling/theorizing (that might not be an english word, but I don't care) that PSO2 might live until around the year 2016 to 2020, Even if small, something tell me within that time for the Vita it will get bigger than 32GB, but maybe I'm also looking too far into the future.

blace
Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 PM
;2884229']I've been feeling/theorizing (that might not be an english word, but I don't care) that PSO2 might live until around the year 2016 to 2020, Even if small, something tell me within that time for the Vita it will get bigger than 32GB, but maybe I'm also looking too far into the future.

The Vita version could end before the PC did, or an update to the Vita making all current Vitas useless for a game like this.

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
;2884193']Yes, I know getting a Vita for maybe one game ever is stupid... but I don't care.

Wellp, I got a PSP for Phantasy Star Portable/2 only, so color me stupid, I suppose. I considered (and still do consider) the investment worth it.

So, I wouldn't be opposed to doing it again, it's just that I can't see myself ever really playing PSO2 on the Vita when I have my PC. I'm never "out places" often enough, or for long enough, to warrant having a Vita, and the portable version of PSO2 on my person.

NoGoBoard
Nov 21, 2012, 01:29 AM
Something I believe people have failed to notice is that it says 8 costumes for all the races (2 for each race).

There are currently 3 races.

Guess we know when Dewmans are coming out.

Resanoca
Nov 21, 2012, 01:32 AM
Something I believe people have failed to notice is that it says 8 costumes for all the races (2 for each race).

There are currently 3 races.

Guess we know when Dewmans are coming out.Did you ever play PSP2? I'm pretty sure it speaks of the four races in PSP2. Human, Newman, Cast, and Beast.

blace
Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
There's a problem with that though, the screenshots showed those costumes(minus the parts) on humans and newmans. I'll have to dig around to find those screens.

Edit: Ok, got ninja'd but what he said. Still looking for screens anyway.

NoGoBoard
Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
Did you ever play PSP2? I'm pretty sure it speaks of the four races in PSP2. Human, Newman, Cast, and Beast.

Ah, right, I often forget about Beasts. I'm thinking of Infinity.

blace
Nov 21, 2012, 01:34 AM
Found the news post: http://www.pso-world.com/news/02474-new-phantasy-star-online-2-jp-costumes-highlighted-official-blog

Just those costumes.

Edit: And again, I'm late to post.

Finalzone
Nov 21, 2012, 01:53 AM

It would be simple to download only the difference between old and new files, then rebuild them inside the system should some small change happen.

Rien
Nov 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
I hope they're tradeable ._.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 21, 2012, 02:22 AM
@Rien: More than likely to be tradeable.

The list of goodies in this one looks much more promising (and profitable! :3) compared to the last set. I wonder if this will become a habit for Sega...

Two items I'm curious about.

It says "costumes" not "costumes and parts". Does this mean that these are all all race outfits?
Is this going to be something we'll have to redeem on the Vita version only? Probably not, but just a concern.

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 02:34 AM
It would be simple to download only the difference between old and new files, then rebuild them inside the system should some small change happen.
For system updates, sure, but when you get in to stuff like content updates, then you're going to need space.

Also, since relavent, Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/11/121121b.html) lists the closed beta test for the Vita version as starting in January of next year.

Alisha
Nov 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
i own a vita and since i just i just shelled out $90 for srw on ps3 ill pounce on this too. kinda disapointed its only the psp2 outfits. i liked eternal form for female cast. the female newman outfit on infinity was good too.

RedRaz0r
Nov 21, 2012, 12:13 PM
So I don't own a Vita and don't know much about it, but if I pick one up, is there any way I'll be able to actually download and play the JP PSO2 on it if I live in America?

blace
Nov 21, 2012, 12:17 PM
Create a JP PSN account and download the game from the PS Store while logged in to JP PSN.

Keii
Nov 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Create a JP PSN account and download the game from the PS Store while logged in to JP PSN.
This, but remember that you will have to format your memory card (you can back up the files, no worries) to change the Vita account to the US/EU one.

RedRaz0r
Nov 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
This, but remember that you will have to format your memory card (you can back up the files, no worries) to change the Vita account to the US/EU one.

Right on, thanks guys...looks like I'm grabbing myself a Vita lol

Gardios
Nov 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
I was planning to get a VITA for PSO2 anyway and I love the Beast costume so I'll probably get it. Too bad I don't have a female character to make use of the other costumes...

I'm just so hyped for this since portable means more play time for me. <3

LightBreaker
Nov 21, 2012, 05:56 PM
Does this package actually include the game? If it does then you should be able to play it without having to format the memory card. I have imported several games where I was able to play both online/offline on my vita without formatting and switching accounts.

Keii
Nov 21, 2012, 05:59 PM
Does this package actually include the game? If it does then you should be able to play it without having to format the memory card. I have imported several games where I was able to play both online/offline on my vita without formatting and switching accounts.
That's a good question, I'm wondering this myself. Not that the lack of the game cart will stop me from buying it, but still...

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
It should. It would be very strange if it didn't. Even the boxed copies of PSO2 for PC came with the game on a couple of DVDs.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 21, 2012, 10:49 PM
For 5229 yen, if it did come with it's own expandable game cart, that would make this an even better package indeed. As it is, I suspect it's more like those accessory packages that came out for certain games on the PSP, and will just have a piece of paper and a manual inside.

Keii
Nov 22, 2012, 03:00 AM
The Special Package has been confirmed to contain the game card! At least that's what they list in the "contents" part of the teaser site (http://pso2.jp/vita/).

Vintasticvin
Nov 22, 2012, 03:16 PM
Is this for the english or Japan version?

redroses
Nov 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
I just read on bumped that you only get to pick two costumes out of the eight :c Which is actually pretty mean. The eight costumes would have been the only reason to ever want this for me.

Taigerr
Nov 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
Surely this will see vita sales go through the roof Japan-side.... Don't know why people love to hate the vita..... Expensive yes but a gorgeous machine all the same.... I wouldn't write it off just yet.... Anyone see Killzone Mercenary gameplay trailer?.... That and pso2 will do me....

Keii
Nov 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
Is this for the english or Japan version?
Japan, the English version hasn't been announced yet. Same with the Smartphone version.

r00tabaga
Nov 22, 2012, 07:10 PM
What are the chances an English patch would be possible for the vita version?

blace
Nov 22, 2012, 07:22 PM
What are the chances an English patch would be possible for the vita version?
Unlikely and will most likely mean tampering with the games data, sort of like translation patches for PSP games.

r00tabaga
Nov 22, 2012, 07:52 PM
I really hope they do a us vita version.....I'm not sure why they are not announcing it yet. Annoying. Don't they want my money?

dioje
Nov 22, 2012, 08:19 PM
This isn't going to do anything for the Vita sales lol, maybe a boost like ten thousand but only for that week. That being said that doesn't mean everyone WITH a Vita isn't going to get it

Link1275
Nov 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
I really hope they do a us vita version.....I'm not sure why they are not announcing it yet. Annoying. Don't they want my money?
They want it, but they're handing out a free vita version too so... Also, they may not think it's worth it with the international release so...

blace
Nov 22, 2012, 08:49 PM
Seeing how gimped the western release of PSU, PSP, and PSP2 were, probably not getting it due to resources expended on such a game and those rentable Alienware chair/pc thing

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
This isn't going to do anything for the Vita sales lol, maybe a boost like ten thousand but only for that week. That being said that doesn't mean everyone WITH a Vita isn't going to get it

You'd be surprised how many people buy a system for exactly one game, even if it's just a handheld. A vita is a lot cheaper that a new games capable PC. You'd also apparently be surprised how many people wait to buy a console until a game's release day. Whether they get buyer's remorse afterwards or not is irrelevant, lots of people do sit on the fence until the last day until they cave and say fuck it.

yunamon
Nov 22, 2012, 11:45 PM
You'd be surprised how many people buy a system for exactly one game, even if it's just a handheld. A vita is a lot cheaper that a new games capable PC. You'd also apparently be surprised how many people wait to buy a console until a game's release day. Whether they get buyer's remorse afterwards or not is irrelevant, lots of people do sit on the fence until the last day until they cave and say fuck it.

I bought one last week just for Persona 4 the Golden...

Keii
Nov 23, 2012, 03:31 AM
They've released 0 information about the Western release since... September?

[Ayumi]
Nov 23, 2012, 03:34 AM
I've been thinking and sadly think I'm canceling my plans on getting a Vita now.
I'll just wait until the game is released and buy those clothes from player shops.
2 out of 8 from the clothes really killed it for me.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 23, 2012, 04:51 AM
I'll probably try to borrow a Vita from a friend of mine to take a look during the Beta. If it's good enough, I'll go ahead with getting one myself. Based on Sega's current track record, I suspect that there will be some items that will be unique to the PSN and the Vita version that the PC version will not have.

As for the Premium Package, I am quite likely to purchase at least one copy still. In fact, before the 2 outfit restriction was revealed, I was actually quite keen to buy a second set as well, but those plans are on hold until we get more details about the package.

Alenoir
Nov 23, 2012, 05:09 AM
In order to sign up for the Vita beta you need to do it through the JP PS Store. (Gotta download a small file so your account signs up for it.) So... those with a Vita but have it in another region, time for a new memory card. Those looking to borrow, check with your friend first.

Edit: Also keep in mind that you most likely have to stay in the JP PSN account during the duration of the beta if you plan to play 'till the end. (Unless you feel like resetting your system often. .-. ) Don't know how it'll work with the game card version.

Taigerr
Nov 23, 2012, 05:37 AM

A bit premature your statement and you lol too soon IMHO...... Games do sell systems..... I bought xbox only for gears of war i never played any other game on it... Japan is a gaming on the go type nation look at how many psp units monster hunter alone shifted..... Look at the traction pso2 has already made and if you can use your game character on pc and vita its a no brainer......

Taigerr
Nov 23, 2012, 06:52 AM
Is there any decent vita gameplay footage from TGS? All I could find was this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDRpqtCADk&feature=related

ShiroiRen
Nov 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
A question that's bogging my mind is if they'll do the same for the US version later on too?

blace
Nov 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
No announcements on that, only time will tell.

Gold Saw
Nov 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
I ordered mine already I have a vita but I just want the extras that come with it. I do not plan on playing the vita version unless I'm on the go.

Miwako
Nov 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
Ami Ami has the pre-orders for the CE for cheaper then posted! Good news with Ami is you don't have to pay for it till it comes out but you can have the pre-order sitting there waiting. Got 3 copies on pre-order today.. Hope they do this much for the NA release but like all the old separate server games they always got all the treats that NA didn't get. I am hoping they don't carry on with that but the track record already shows they were much more spoiled then the NA on the Japanese servers... Only time will tell I guess:-?

fatelinka
Nov 28, 2012, 03:42 AM
So I litterly JUST bought a Vita since it had a bundle price...then I look into this site and find out that PSO2 is coming out with a bundle also....Darn.

blace
Nov 28, 2012, 03:55 AM
So I litterly JUST bought a Vita since it had a bundle price...then I look into this site and find out that PSO2 is coming out with a bundle also....Darn.
It's not that kind of bundle as it's the game with special promotion content.

r00tabaga
Nov 28, 2012, 08:34 AM
Is there any decent vita gameplay footage from TGS? All I could find was this Phantasy Star Online 2 PlayStation Vita Gameplay [JP] HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDRpqtCADk&feature=related)

That video does the Vita version of the game more justice than the blocky screenshots I've seen so far. Thx for sharing.

Keii
Nov 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
Is there any decent vita gameplay footage from TGS? All I could find was this Phantasy Star Online 2 PlayStation Vita Gameplay [JP] HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDRpqtCADk&feature=related)
Martin from Red Sun Gamer (http://www.redsungamer.com) recorded a 2 part of Vita gameplay from TGS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8zLSFhI0Q&feature=plcp"]Phantasy Star 2 PSvita TGS 2012 [/url][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MnEDvlBDs&feature=plcp

eharima
Dec 2, 2012, 09:02 PM
huh?

Vita owners, puzzle me this; is it true that the 3g version DOSENT allow real time constant online play?
as in, pso2 WONT work with the 3g model, and will have to be wi-fi connected all the time?

The obvious work around is to use my mobile as a wifi hotspot, but it seems fucking retarded to offer a 3g device that dosent support anything but turn based online play. >almost2013.

I've seen a fue sources, but was wondering if anyone can clarify, or if there are actually any online real time games like pso2 out for vita now that work on 3g...

even on the sony site, they use dubious wording like, real time scores
i know they support instant messaging, picture chat ect but apparently not continuous connection.

also, hows the battery life? and is there reasonable screen dim?

thx ^^

blace
Dec 2, 2012, 09:16 PM
huh?

Vita owners, puzzle me this; is it true that the 3g version DOSENT allow real time constant online play?
as in, pso2 WONT work with the 3g model, and will have to be wi-fi connected all the time?

The obvious work around is to use my mobile as a wifi hotspot, but it seems fucking retarded to offer a 3g device that dosent support anything but turn based online play. >almost2013.

I've seen a fue sources, but was wondering if anyone can clarify, or if there are actually any online real time games like pso2 out for vita now that work on 3g...

even on the sony site, they use dubious wording like, real time scores
i know they support instant messaging, picture chat ect but apparently not continuous connection.

also, hows the battery life? and is there reasonable screen dim?

thx ^^

From what I understand of the 3G function, you had very little data to work with, so the possibility of online play through 3G was impossible. By limited I mean only 200mb of data, that's right 200mb. You have to consider that PSO2 Vita version is currently only for Japan and I imagine they have shops that act as hotspots.

As for battery life, it's nothing spectacular, it has about the same time as the 3DS, but I haven't had much trouble with the battery.

eharima
Dec 2, 2012, 09:28 PM
From what I understand of the 3G function, you had very little data to work with, so the possibility of online play through 3G was impossible. By limited I mean only 200mb of data, that's right 200mb. You have to consider that PSO2 Vita version is currently only for Japan and I imagine they have shops that act as hotspots.

As for battery life, it's nothing spectacular, it has about the same time as the 3DS, but I haven't had much trouble with the battery.

hmmm? what do you mean by, ''you had very little data to work with''?
as in data provided by the network carrier?
how is that a sony problem? how can it be impossible when i can use my phone as a wifi hotspot and use 3g as a spoof, provided its fast enough, im sure packet compression is good, plus 4glte is here, which is as fast as shit wifi.

looks like the safe bet to get the wifi version, save money on that and a shitty price plan for data and just use my phone as a hot spot, truly lulzy there sony.

I never had a 3ds, infact the last handheld i had was, well... a gameboy colour in like 1994 or something.

what we saying in hours? 4 hours? 8 hours gaming on wifi?

blace
Dec 2, 2012, 09:35 PM
hmmm? what do you mean by, ''you had very little data to work with''?
as in data provided by the network carrier?
how is that a sony problem? how can it be impossible when i can use my phone as a wifi hotspot and use 3g as a spoof, provided its fast enough, im sure packet compression is good, plus 4glte is here, which is as fast as shit wifi.

looks like the safe bet to get the wifi version, save money on that and a shitty price plan for data and just use my phone as a hot spot, truly lulzy there sony.

I never had a 3ds, infact the last handheld i had was, well... a gameboy colour in like 1994 or something.

what we saying in hours? 4 hours? 8 hours gaming on wifi?
It's a separate network carrier, in the US it's AT&T, regardless the coverage you get with their plan is spotty and unreliable.

Battery life is about 3-5 hours if you're playing online, 7-8 offline.

eharima
Dec 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
well, thanks for the help. I guess time will tell next years launch! ^^

RedRaz0r
Dec 3, 2012, 02:02 AM
Wait, so just to clarify if i read this correctly a few pages back, I can buy the boxed version and play on the JP server with a US PSN account? And if so, can I still use the same character and account I use on PC?

blace
Dec 3, 2012, 02:20 AM
Wait, so just to clarify if i read this correctly a few pages back, I can buy the boxed version and play on the JP server with a US PSN account?
You have to remember that it'll be online only and that it may require a JP PSN account to even access. Wait for feedback after the Vita version is released before attempting.

And if so, can I still use the same character and account I use on PC?
Shared servers/ID's, if that doesn't tell you anything, don't know what will.

RedRaz0r
Dec 3, 2012, 02:28 AM
You have to remember that it'll be online only and that it may require a JP PSN account to even access. Wait for feedback after the Vita version is released before attempting.

Shared servers/ID's, if that doesn't tell you anything, don't know what will.

Right on, thanks much