PDA

View Full Version : Launcher Now in some Engrish

IndigoNovember
Nov 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
The launcher has been updated to include some Engrish. For example the checking files window now reads: Work Progress, Download Status, and Install Status though the Cancel button graphic is still in Japanese.

Go start crazy theories now or something.

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 10:11 PM
IT'S A TRICK TO MAKE US THINK WE WON'T BE IP-BANNED, RIGHT GUYS?!?!?!?!?!1/ewrde

edit: mine is still in Japanese

edit 2: never mind, there it goes in EN

Shirai
Nov 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
My own isn't in english.

:(

Resanoca
Nov 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'm unsure how I feel about this. It seems I've been targeted. I'm now on their list. THEY CAN TAKE ME OUT AT ANYTIME NOW. OH DEAR GOD.

lol No, but I wonder how far this will go.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
Maybe it's a system language thing

EvilMag
Nov 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
Mine is in English :o
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/EvilMag123/launchereng.png

Seraphus
Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
The settings are in English/Engrish now also, and the option for other languages includes more languages...(well I guess that counts as the launcher)

Ezodagrom
Nov 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
o_o

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6573/pso2languages.jpg

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
Pretty sure the language settings are just for the launcher, not the actual game.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
Pretty sure the language settings are just for the launcher, not the actual game.

Then why is it English before we select English(US), and why does French do nothing? >:

Kondibon
Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 PM

Seconded. Still convenient though.

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
Then why is it English before we select English(US), and why does French do nothing? >:

I'd tell you, but my crystal ball is at the repair shop right now.

EvilMag
Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 PM
I tried setting it to Japanese and my launcher is still in English. I did save BTW.

Ezodagrom
Nov 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing that this is some sort of testing for the future english version? Or they mistakenly put the wrong version of the launcher up for download?
Who knows... o-o;

Seraphus
Nov 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
Pretty sure it is the language for the game, of course it won't do anything if they haven't implemented the other languages.(and they haven't)

IndigoNovember
Nov 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
Will edit thread name to Engrish due to some messages being in Engrish.

Edit: And done.

Edit 2: In-game is still Japanese, what did you expect?

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/759ko.png
Why is it still english

Shadowth117
Nov 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
This seems really odd... maybe its a test build for the international version? I mean all the text is quite literally as if it was Google Translated...

Amaranthus
Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 PM
This seems really odd... maybe its a test build for the international version? I mean all the text is quite literally as if it was Google Translated...

International version. Gib.
[SPOILER-BOX]Though highly unlikely.

Still gib.[/SPOILER-BOX]

:bunny:

Jkid
Nov 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
We did not expect this to happen. Then again, they know that people from other countries are playing this game, so they have to throw a bone to them

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
so they have to throw a bone to them

Oh no they don't.

Coatl
Nov 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
We will theorize for about five hours until we see for ourselves in-game.

blace
Nov 20, 2012, 11:05 PM
Or wait on Sakai to say something.

Shirai
Nov 20, 2012, 11:05 PM
Could be just a launcher with the languages available but no actual files until the NA/EU version comes out? Really have no clue, :-? Most likely a test

Gama
Nov 20, 2012, 11:08 PM
i find this puzzling.

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
Probably nothing, but kinda neat anyway.

I've determined we all need a theme park to go to during maintenance or something. Too much free time to theorize ourselves into something stupid otherwise :P

Seraphus
Nov 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
We will theorize for about five hours until we see for ourselves in-game.

Going in game won't do much. No other languages have likely been added to the actual game. What to theorize on is if this is in English for everyone and is just a mistake or not. Changed my system language/region and it still appears in English (although not sure if I made a change that would affect things).

Seeing as how most people in Japan don't speak English, if it is in English for them it probably is a mistake.

Sparzyle
Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
It just gave more permissions errors than usual :L (pso2predownload? what is that for?)

EvilMag
Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 PM

I've determined we all need a theme park to go to during maintenance or something. Too much free time to theorize ourselves into something stupid otherwise :P

I can't find anyone to ride the ferris wheel with. :(

Xaeris
Nov 20, 2012, 11:15 PM

I have one. It's called reddit.

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2012, 11:16 PM
I have one. It's called reddit.
Mine's called sleep.

Not to suggest that a bed is a "ride".

That should keep you all occupied...

BIG OLAF
Nov 20, 2012, 11:20 PM
Mine's called sleep.

inb4 'funny' (lame) comments from the usual offenders.

Also, I've just been reminded of the last maintenance and how it happened much earlier. Guess that was a one-time thing. That sucks, less play time on Tuesday nights.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 20, 2012, 11:21 PM
omg I *pray* this means some of the in-game text can be set to English (for like shops and such)...

[Ayumi]
Nov 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
Mine's called sleep.

My "bed" is a maple finish Casket. It's not a ride.
Or do I not understand what you mean?

Mike
Nov 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
It just gave more permissions errors than usual :L (pso2predownload? what is that for?)
It's what it says it's for: pre-downloading. One of the complaints that was addressed earlier was that the downloads were too big so preloading for patches was is being introduced.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 20, 2012, 11:28 PM
Sega did at one point have a theme park called Sega World. They have since shut down.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
Mine's called sleep.

Not to suggest that a bed is a "ride".[/small]
Awww
Would of been a fun ride.

Kirukia
Nov 20, 2012, 11:38 PM
I noticed this. I doubt it'll carry into the game but I guess it's still nice.

Shirai
Nov 20, 2012, 11:50 PM
Mine's called sleep.

Sadly,
I thought of a racecar bed.

Shadowth117
Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 PM
International version. Gib.
[SPOILER-BOX]Though highly unlikely.

Still gib.[/SPOILER-BOX]

:bunny:
International as in NA/EU servers. I doubt it was intentionally released, especially from the translation quality.

Cypher_9
Nov 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
Yay, I can understand what downloaded text and pre-game menu says! *does captain falcon YESHS*

Even-though those are the menus I use the least . _.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2012, 12:09 AM
it's still Google-translate wacko text, though. Kind of makes you think that it was an accident. Knowing SEGA, it probably was. Wonder if they'll have it up for long.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Sadly,

Me too, or something like it, but literally one that drives...

My brain is like somewhere else brah.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 AM
If I had to guess they won't get many reports of this and think everything is hunky doory. Most likely this is being set by the system language and so JP players that are using a JP system language will still be receiving messages in japanese. Can anyone confirm this hypothesis?

Lostbob117
Nov 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
It's most likely they will use the same launcher for the u.s version and jp version also will change your region when you change the language also for example

Locale = {
Language = "Ja",
Region = "Ja",

This is in the "user" file for pso2.

Seraphus
Nov 21, 2012, 12:44 AM
If I had to guess they won't get many reports of this and think everything is hunky doory. Most likely this is being set by the system language and so JP players that are using a JP system language will still be receiving messages in japanese. Can anyone confirm this hypothesis?

As I've said earlier, I've changed my system language to JPN and still in English. However, changing the system language still isn't the same as owning a JPN copy of Win8, right? (even though that might not even matter)

Coatl
Nov 21, 2012, 12:45 AM
it's still Google-translate wacko text, though. Kind of makes you think that it was an accident. Knowing SEGA, it probably was. Wonder if they'll have it up for long.

Gives you a preview of how the translated NA PSO2 will be like.

Macman
Nov 21, 2012, 12:48 AM
It's what it says it's for: pre-downloading. One of the complaints that was addressed earlier was that the downloads were too big so preloading for patches was is being introduced.
Don't we already do that by downloading these patches during maintenance?

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 01:00 AM
Don't we already do that by downloading these patches during maintenance?
Sega is planning on let you doing it even further in advance.

EvilMag
Nov 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
JP friend just told me his launcher is now in English...

Wonder if this was a mistake?

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2012, 01:06 AM
Mine isn't in english...

It's in engrish.-OH OHHHH

Thread title change...

Ugh, wasted joke. may as well add something semi-productive. Yeah if ANYTHING ingame actually changes to engrish. it'll probably be the options, or a scattered mess.

Or absolutely nothing will change and they'll consider the patcher turning in a different language a bug. I would.

EvilMag
Nov 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
Mine isn't in english...

It's in engrish...

You know what I mean Rawk Hawk. :>

Syklo
Nov 21, 2012, 01:13 AM
Sadly,

Me too, or something like it, but literally one that drives...

My brain is like somewhere else brah.

I thought of something else, and now I'm ashamed of it @_@

Aewyn
Nov 21, 2012, 01:54 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12757141/images/and_then_restart.JPG

GoldenFalcon
Nov 21, 2012, 01:55 AM
Was to save your settings.

Aewyn
Nov 21, 2012, 01:59 AM
SOMEONE used Google Translate to put that in place!

Chik'Tikka
Nov 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
back for a sec+^_^+ this is how they gonna beta test EN version, by giving option to have Western Languages used in JP version, then once "they" are satisfied with results SEGAC gonna .zip it (and knowing them) *mail* it to SoA where it will then be "spellchecked"+^_^+ ok, back to BLOPS2

Shirokami
Nov 21, 2012, 12:09 PM
I wonder if next week the game will be in Engrish too?
I'd be ok with it if you ask me~

CyberNei
Nov 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
Was a system messages title "System" wrote in latin characters earlier? o.o
Cuz it does for me now. Haven't paid much attention to that 'til this update.

EDIT: *looked to some old screenshots* Ah, yes it was. ._.

Angry_Ryudo
Nov 21, 2012, 02:50 PM
"Was to save your settings". I loved that sentence when I saved my settings.

Well, it seems that it still needs some linguistic adjustment, but I appreciate the effort. :D

Tcrusader51
Nov 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
Here is a thought that is very unlikely. Maybe Sega changed their mind and decided that the jpn server will be the PSO2 home base for everyone. :D

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2012, 03:35 PM
But that would be a good idea.

Sega doesn't do that kind of thing

pikachief
Nov 21, 2012, 03:52 PM
But that would be a good idea.

Sega doesn't do that kind of thing

doesn't do what kind of thing? good ideas? I agree. Well when it relates to the US/EN servers.

Galax
Nov 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
Maybe Sakai convinced SEGA that we're here to stay and even if they IP ban us all some of us will find a way back and ignore the US version?

Thus the good idea isn't SEGAs - as we all know they don't do good ideas - but Sakai's alone, as he was the one who - if I recall - said that "he didn't want to get rid of us"?

jooozek
Nov 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
Making the japanese servers official? What an awful idea. I cringe everytime when it comes to boss fights when I need to fight some warping mess...

Laxedrane
Nov 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
Well since there is a whiff of Sega following in suite of Final Fantasy XI. one of the smaller known things about that game was it was originally announce JP only. With no release scheduled outside of japan. Then later announcing it's international release then farther down the line, much to some Japanese players displeasement, announce that there will be no separation.

Which be awesome:D Unlikely, but awesome.

Aewyn
Nov 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
It's only a "Good idea" for people that want to stay on that server. For the JPs and for Sega that'd be a really bad idea.

Omega-z
Nov 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
They could designate certain Ship's/or add more for the US/EN group and move them there. But have them all together in JP to better support it. Since we know that SOA can't handle it anymore. And at the same time wouldn't worry about people jumping ship as much since it cost $ to do it. That to the JP's won't have to worry about us as much either Etc...Etc....

Aewyn
Nov 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
It's funny how some of you still blame the wrong people for what happened with PSU.

RedRaz0r
Nov 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
It's only a "Good idea" for people that want to stay on that server. For the JPs and for Sega that'd be a really bad idea.

I'd love to hear you explain exactly how that would be a bad idea for Sega

Aewyn
Nov 22, 2012, 01:30 AM
This has been discussed many times. I'm not going to reopen the debate here. Suffice to say, it's not ideal for them, nor is it ideal for us. Even though I personally desire to continue playing the Japanese version, they should not make the server completely international.

freyt
Nov 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
Oh my god I didn't go into this topic hopeful and I'm still not.

But is it so wrong to want an international server?

Is it so wrong to want to believe Sega has started to do some revolutionary things?

Is it so wrong to dream?

Can't a guy dream?

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 02:46 AM
It's funny how some of you still blame the wrong people for what happened with PSU.

I know who I blame are the right people.

Aewyn
Nov 22, 2012, 03:49 AM
If you think Sega of Japan isn't the ultimate enemy, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

It's not wrong to want an International server. By all means, dream!

GoldenFalcon
Nov 22, 2012, 04:02 AM
If you think Sega of Japan isn't the ultimate enemy, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

To expand on this, RubyEclipse told us that Sega of Japan was drip-feeding them, since Sega of Japan was in charge of localizing the content and determining what the English servers should get (certainly not their highest priority). This was coupled with needing clearance to push updates onto the 360 servers, which pushed back our updates to set dates

^ may not be totally accurate

Tcrusader51
Nov 22, 2012, 07:58 AM
To expand on this, RubyEclipse told us that Sega of Japan was drip-feeding them, since Sega of Japan was in charge of localizing the content and determining what the English servers should get (certainly not their highest priority). This was coupled with needing clearance to push updates onto the 360 servers, which pushed back our updates to set dates

^ may not be totally accurate

This is very true. Although I do have the habit of placing SoA on PSO/PSU's downfall, it truly always has been up to SoJ to decide what gets localized and when it will be complete.

I think I was the first to make up the servers being international excuse but I also said it's very unlikely. Not really because japan in general hates us but because SoJ feel we may place a bad vibe on their native customers causing them to leave. Not really sure I can blame them though. For a while, oversea players didn't know how to act and it took a threat to ip ban us all for it to calm down some.

NiteShadow
Nov 22, 2012, 02:45 PM
Engrish mode engage

Vintasticvin
Nov 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
My launcher is somewhat in english and I cant get updated due to slow connectiin :< I want back in Jp

Chik'Tikka
Nov 23, 2012, 12:36 AM
so i just patched and fiddled with the new launcher+^_^+ and i must say, who grammar checked it?? some of the sentences don't even fit in the text boxes they used (Y THEY NO RE-SIZE INVISIBLE TEXT BOX?)+^_^+

May0
Nov 23, 2012, 01:30 AM
This is very true. Although I do have the habit of placing SoA on PSO/PSU's downfall, it truly always has been up to SoJ to decide what gets localized and when it will be complete.

Since Sega no longer has to jump through microsoft's hoops for updates that should hopefully ease the process of the game being updated.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 23, 2012, 01:46 AM
Since Sega no longer has to jump through microsoft's hoops for updates that should hopefully ease the process of the game being updated.

^ M$ was in charge of PC/PS2 PSU updates too????? cause i heard they had it almost as hard+^_^+

May0
Nov 23, 2012, 02:05 AM
^ M$ was in charge of PC/PS2 PSU updates too????? cause i heard they had it almost as hard+^_^+

As I understand it the hoops for updating a free to play game on the xbox live service is ridiculous. I'm sure doing it for a P2P game was like running a marathon across cheese graters. The same thing can be said for Playstation I think but I haven't read as much about them jerking around companies regarding updates so I'll just blame Microsoft for now.

However you slice it PSO2 is distributed wholly through the internet now...and perhaps the PSPvita if Sony doesn't tank it here in the foreseeable future (and the Iphone or whatever it is). So there should be less proverbial hurdles to clear for them to update the game.

That is the logical conclusion anyway.

pikachief
Nov 23, 2012, 02:41 AM

They werent going to update PC/PS2 without updating the xbox 360 version along with it, and so for that reason, M$ was still one of the reasons PC/PS2 updates were slow.

Sparzyle
Nov 23, 2012, 03:10 AM
They werent going to update PC/PS2 without updating the xbox 360 version along with it, and so for that reason, M$ was still one of the reasons PC/PS2 updates were slow.
So Sony has to pay to the mistakes Micro$oft made :L I would like to have a PS3 version of PSO2 :c

Anduril
Nov 23, 2012, 03:15 AM
So Sony has to pay to the mistakes Micro$oft made :L I would like to have a PS3 version of PSO2 :c
You also have to keep in mind that a few years in they dropped support for the PS2 version since it was difficult to include new content for that system, with it not having a standard hard drive that could be used for large content updates. Honestly, having PSU be on consoles period was one of the major reasons for the issues that arose, and this is coming from someone who primarily played the 360 version.

Macman
Nov 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Didn't help PSOBB. :-?

Syklo
Nov 27, 2012, 11:26 PM
Launcher updated, but it's still in Engrish?

what's going on??

Maronji
Nov 27, 2012, 11:36 PM
Launcher updated, but it's still in Engrish?

what's going on??

A good, and valid, question.

You'd think they would've patched it out in this patch, if not patch it out ASAP.

ttdestroy
Nov 28, 2012, 01:05 AM
A good, and valid, question.

You'd think they would've patched it out in this patch, if not patch it out ASAP.

So this is just getting weird huh? How far will they take this I wonder?
Might we be able to select English as default for the game once the TL is done!?!?!

Aewyn
Nov 28, 2012, 01:51 AM
Probably not, since they blocked all of our credit cards. They are probably doing some testing.

LeoSan
Dec 18, 2012, 06:58 PM
we're probably getting the same launcher/files/content/downloads worldwide and the only thing that will change is if you join a japanese or American ship

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
we're probably getting the same launcher/files/content/downloads worldwide and the only thing that will change is if you join a japanese or American ship

US/EU wont exactly get everything on launch and choice for JP or US/EU wont be available during actual setup/start-up for the US/EU release. unless you mean outside wise of choosing then thats different

LeoSan
Dec 18, 2012, 07:16 PM
US/EU wont exactly get everything on launch and choice for JP or US/EU wont be available during actual setup/start-up for the US/EU release. unless you mean outside wise of choosing then thats different

you mean choosing to play on the JP servers or the US servers?
But doesn't it seem like you will be able to play the english game while connected to the JP servers?
And that the updates will most likely come out at the same time worldwide?

MetalDude
Dec 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
No, it was confirmed that international servers will be separate from the JP servers and as per usual, will be handled by everyone's favorite SoA.

And I'm not holding my breath for being completely up to date with JP servers as far as content goes. It would not surprise me at all.

LeoSan
Dec 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
No, it was confirmed that international servers will be separate from the JP servers and as per usual, will be handled by everyone's favorite SoA.

And I'm not holding my breath for being completely up to date with JP servers as far as content goes. It would not surprise me at all.

then it makes no sense to have an english setting in the launcher

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
you mean choosing to play on the JP servers or the US servers?
But doesn't it seem like you will be able to play the english game while connected to the JP servers?
And that the updates will most likely come out at the same time worldwide?

There was never gonna be international servers like everyone wanted, SoJ said so. And if you mean being connected/playing JP servers and connected to US/EU at the same time then idk about that. As for day 1 US/EU servers, don't expect everything that JP has, I feel its gonna be day 1 stuff or something unless SoA surprises us and decides to start us out with a good jump on content which I dont see happening

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 07:33 PM
then it makes no sense to have an english setting in the launcher

nobody knows for sure why they're doing all these languages settings for PSO2, i think everyones speculating its to prep it for once its available outside of Japan, read some of the old threads about this, goes from IP Lockout to future setup for US/EU release

EvilJohn
Dec 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe they'll end up making PSO2 international like pso dc i hope so at least.

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
I have a feeling it'll be just like PSU. Starting out with just a few months difference in content and then steadily lagging behind.

supersonix9
Dec 18, 2012, 09:13 PM
PSO2 going global?

Gama
Dec 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
Pso wont have global servers, and the not so international server wont be connected to the japanese servers.

so...

psu all over again.

so ill do the smart choice and stay on the jp server.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
I have a feeling it'll be just like PSU. Starting out with just a few months difference in content and then steadily lagging behind.

this is how everyone feels about it, cant really do much but i guess try it out or watch how it goes downhill after the first year-year and a half.

again there won't be an international server, keep believing, it won't happen until SoJ says so.

matter of fact, the 8 month period (or maybe more) that i feel SoA isnt even working on PSO2 yet until like a couple of months before it comes out. Seems like it might be a last minute thing for SoA to do hence bad acting etc what i really want to know if the US version will have that bad gameguard bug where your windows OS acted like it needed to be registered

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
Pso wont have global servers, and the not so international server wont be connected to the japanese servers.

so...

psu all over again.

so ill do the smart choice and stay on the jp server.

Only US/EU servers are connected. So, it's still international.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
Only US/EU servers are connected. So, it's still international.

how can a game be "international" when a country isnt connected or part of the other group?

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
how can a game be "international" when a country isnt connected or part of the other group?

Because its connected to mutiple nations. US. Plus. EU. International.
Just because its not part of Japan doesn't mean its not INTERNATIONAL.

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
The USA and Europe are apart of the same nation o.o/)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 PM
Because its connected to mutiple nations. US. Plus. EU. International.
Just because its not part of Japan doesn't mean its not INTERNATIONAL.

guess my definition of international is outdated

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
The USA and Europe are apart of the same nation o.o/)

How are they part of the same nation?! They are seperated by the Atlantic Ocean and aren't even in the same area!
Europe is in EUROPE. USA, is in NORTH AMERICA. DIFFERENT CONTINENTS. DIFFERENT NATIONS.

Edit: Not to mention totally different countries.

Metalsnake27
Dec 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
Didn't they say they are going to try to make the US/EU versions have around the same content update times as JPN?

I would hope so.... :/ I doubt SEGA will make us start at the beginning... they knew how well that went already....

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 10:17 PM

International mostly means something (a company, language or organization) involving more than one country. The term international as a word means involvement of, interaction between or encompassing more than one nation, or generally beyond national boundaries. For example, international law, which is applied by more than one country and usually everywhere on Earth, and international language which is a language spoken by residents of more than one country

Wikipedia'd for you.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Didn't they say they are going to try to make the US/EU versions have around the same content update times as JPN?

I would hope so.... :/ I doubt SEGA will make us start at the beginning... they knew how well that went already....

SoJ said they didnt want that huge content gap to happen again, that if the US gets something JP doesnt have that JP might get something equivalent and vice versus (i think, not too sure on that part)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
Wikipedia'd for you.

what would i do without you? <3

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 10:21 PM
Well just because they aren't on the same continent doesn't mean they can't be apart of the same nation.

Nation- "A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history." We are all of Phantasy Star decent and follow it's government, culture, and history!

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 10:22 PM
Well just because they aren't on the same continent doesn't mean they can't be apart of the same nation.

Nation- "A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history." We are all of Phantasy Star decent and follow it's government, culture, and history!

Just STAWP.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:22 PM

May the Holy Light guide you!

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
SoJ said they didnt want that huge content gap to happen again, that if the US gets something JP doesnt have that JP might get something equivalent and vice versus (i think, not too sure on that part)

Well I could see the second half of that happening. (Everything one would get the other [eventually] would get, or equivalent) I don't see SoA releasing the game with everything the JP servers have at NA/EU launch. Then you'd also have to believe that after the launch they would be making any content in Japanese and English at the same time to get them out together.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:31 PM
Well I could see the second half of that happening. (Everything one would get the other [eventually] would get, or equivalent) I don't see SoA releasing the game with everything the JP servers have at NA/EU launch. Then you'd also have to believe that after the launch they would be making any content in Japanese and English at the same time to get them out together.

you would think they would do that (makes life easier for them) but you know dam well they wont even consider that. they probably throw the content in JP to SoA and tell them "here's your content for them, now translate it" and SoA is like "o k boss, if you say so!" and then right after that everyone gets mad and blames everything on Edward again and maybe Clumsy or some new Admin

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
I wish I could marry Edward, he's cewl.
But yeah, I'm hoping they surprise me (and most people) and do release things at nearly the same time / launch with all currently released content, but I'm not optimistic. Why would they wanna lose the cool "We got stuff you don't" aspect

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
I wish I could marry Edward, he's cewl.
But yeah, I'm hoping they surprise me (and most people) and do release things at nearly the same time / launch with all currently released content, but I'm not optimistic. Why would they wanna lose the cool "We got stuff you don't" aspect

cuz they dont wanna seem like they cater toward they're people more than us, they wanna have a good image on them or something. anyways, im looking forward to seeing Edward being yelled with bans left and right. Hopefully Clumsy spills coffee on the servers and takes down the site and game for a few hours just to get Ed out of that jam

Gold Saw
Dec 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
Usually when I have a feeling something will disappoint in your guys case PSO2 localized. Its wise to lower my expectations to the lowest possible just in case the worst happens. That way you wont be setting yourself up for disappointment by getting your hopes up. If the end result is good you'll be twice as happy since you were expecting what you wanted to be low quality. I suggest everyone wanting the Localized version does just that.

Xenobia
Dec 18, 2012, 11:29 PM
JP + South Korea is already called "international" because its more than 1 nation.

International in gaming term may have a stronger meaning (it could truly mean"US/EU/JP/ASIA") but the true meaning is very weak. The 2 smallest nations could call themself international, although they may not even have 1% of the worlds ressources. So, dont be fooled by the word "international", it means nothing.

But even strong words can be fooled. A good example: The words "world wide" isnt always true in internet term. Many countrys are behind a huge firewall when it comes to certain content, yet we are still calling it "world wide web". Still impossible to reach the "whole worlds content", but its sufficient to use those words when one single content from any nation is accessible. So basically we can enable a single content from every nation, and call it "world wide web". Words are simply words but the truth is the only true meaning, because the truth cant be fooled, the truth is only true in one single way! But certain words apparently can be used in countless ways (so it means something, but still nothing), and those words can not represent the truth, impossible. So in order to represent the truth we will need a specified meaning, which is impossible to be fooled. For example: Limited Edition without numbers: Means nothing. Limited Edition including a clear amount of copys such as 10 000, means a lot!

moorebounce
Dec 19, 2012, 12:18 AM
Usually when I have a feeling something will disappoint in your guys case PSO2 localized. Its wise to lower my expectations to the lowest possible just in case the worst happens. That way you wont be setting yourself up for disappointment by getting your hopes up. If the end result is good you'll be twice as happy since you were expecting what you wanted to be low quality. I suggest everyone wanting the Localized version does just that.

If you brace for the worse it's easier to cope with it if it happens.

In this case why would people lower their hopes when they still have the JP version that can be translated enough to enjoy it?

BarbblerElf
Dec 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
Because lowering your hopes and still being disappointed is how people survive o-o

Now, everyone should clap hands and wish the maintenance gets done early. It worked for PeterPan

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 12:36 AM
JP + South Korea is already called "international" because its more than 1 nation.

International in gaming term may have a stronger meaning (it could truly mean"US/EU/JP/ASIA") but the true meaning is very weak. The 2 smallest nations could call themself international, although they may not even have 1% of the worlds ressources. So, dont be fooled by the word "international", it means nothing.

But even strong words can be fooled. A good example: The words "world wide" isnt always true in internet term. Many countrys are behind a huge firewall when it comes to certain content, yet we are still calling it "world wide web". Still impossible to reach the "whole worlds content", but its sufficient to use those words when one single content from any nation is accessible. So basically we can enable a single content from every nation, and call it "world wide web". Words are simply words but the truth is the only true meaning, because the truth cant be fooled, the truth is only true in one single way! But certain words apparently can be used in countless ways (so it means something, but still nothing), and those words can not represent the truth, impossible. So in order to represent the truth we will need a specified meaning, which is impossible to be fooled. For example: Limited Edition without numbers: Means nothing. Limited Edition including a clear amount of copys such as 10 000, means a lot!
i was being sarcastic when i said this to him

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 12:37 AM
Because lowering your hopes and still being disappointed is how people survive o-o

Now, everyone should clap hands and wish the maintenance gets done early. It worked for PeterPan

i've been clapping my hands for the past few hours, my hands are getting sadder every hour, my hands are tearing on the floor

Xenobia
Dec 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
I dont know the future because future is constantly changing dependable on free will. However, i would not exclude the possibility of a JP/EU/US server linkup. Those wo got no hope will always be lost.

Macman
Dec 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
So... is it just me or is the launcher really damn slow now?

EDIT: And now it's forcing file checks every time it starts, invalidating the English patch. Huh.

jooozek
Dec 19, 2012, 02:04 PM

EDIT: And now it's forcing file checks every time it starts, invalidating the English patch. Huh.

Works fine here, surely something on your end. If you can't bear with the launcher, just launch the pso2.exe with -pso2.

NoiseHERO
Dec 19, 2012, 02:16 PM

I've been getting this since the arkz ceremony update.

those file checks that take like a good minute, and it does it twice. before the game's actually starting up.

But yours could be different if you're saying it's doing the whole file check. But the launcher feeling like it takes forever to get through is definitely recent to me.

The Walrus
Dec 19, 2012, 02:27 PM
I dont know the future because future is constantly changing dependable on free will. However, i would not exclude the possibility of a JP/EU/US server linkup. Those wo got no hope will always be lost.

They've already said it isn't happening. Don't waste your time hoping it will.

Akaimizu
Dec 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
i've been clapping my hands for the past few hours, my hands are getting sadder every hour, my hands are tearing on the floor

Viciously clapped hands with crying eyes, tearing on the floor??? Wow. What imagery. We need to get Sayara in on this idea. I'd draw it myself, but I'd hardly do it as much justice.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 03:38 PM
Viciously clapped hands with crying eyes, tearing on the floor??? Wow. What imagery. We need to get Sayara in on this idea. I'd draw it myself, but I'd hardly do it as much justice.

i'd be curious to see how this turns out

Xenobia
Dec 23, 2012, 02:33 PM
They've already said it isn't happening. Don't waste your time hoping it will.

Yes and most users said "free to play" will never happen and now it did happen.

Without linkup EU/US may see the demise, there is no hope, so can simply screw it. Over 10 years of negative history got a strong meaning.

I wont be supporting a splitted approach. SEGA may just shut down the server and screw all my data at some point, and i would be powerless. Its of no use, as long as JP is in some way shared it got the highest chance of survival and overall integrity, im sure about. So i wont be playing it because i got no time for managing server shutdowns, update delay, update lack and all the other hassle. My time is the most precious thing in my life and i got no time supporting inferior or narrow minded solutions, so if SEGA is reading this i tell them again: I got no time in order to be part of your restrictive policys for whatever reason. I can spend the time at thousand of other stuff, so i am in fact a very busy being and i wont be accepting any solution unable to meet the maximum experience because i do deserve that kind of condition.

The Walrus
Dec 23, 2012, 02:50 PM
There's a difference between what the fans said they thought would never happen, and what Sega themselves outright said isn't happening.

It's not like SoJ really cares all that much about the gaijin anyway

Xenobia
Dec 23, 2012, 03:23 PM
So they can live with the consequences and should not put theyr expectations considering theyr so hated "Gajins"to high. But i dont think that they got any at all because all they mostly care is the JP players, since its still theyr biggest fanbase.

However, future is unknown and the potential of US/EU is much higher because of the sheer numbers of possible players (its over 1 billion) is telling a clear language. China/India/Brazil is another market with high potential, so JP will someday face reality.

Besides, english patch is against the TOS, but playing on the server itself is already against the TOS (outside JP). So both ways will basically break the TOS, although a patch is easyer to be detected*. I dont think that they are good at detection, else they would not need the support from a inferior Game Guard (comes pretty close to a Rootkit), they would have a own protection mechanism already. *If they truly want to detect people, they just need to use IP detection, no hassle at all without any difficulty, but its hostile and because of its nature, it may create new problems, so i guess they will consider such acts carefully.

Although, I do not generally think that the Developer Team (Sonic Team) is a Gajin hater, that would be wrong. They are trying theyr best in order to make stuff possible and to get in touch. However, they simply got a near unspeakable amount of incompetence when it comes to any matters outside JP because they simply got close to no force outside JP. The JP itself is a bunch of JP minded and JP speaking Devs with close to zero knowledge about EN language, as far as i can tell. The hilarious thing however is the fact that there is people who already translated the game without any payment and they are not even allowed tho. Yet they still did it, its just a clear sign of how easely such stuff could be done in term SEGA will truly care for Gajins and in term they feel like doing a real execution toward translation. Surely there is not much willpower, but at the same time a lot of incompetence.

Well the entire situation is somewhat hilarious but i cant say much more than that, its simply harsh reality, the shadow in the back of a shiny game.

Syklo
Dec 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
Besides, english patch is against the TOS, but playing on the server itself is already against the TOS (outside JP). So both ways will basically break the TOS, although a patch is easyer to be detected*. I dont think that they are good at detection, else they would not need the support from a inferior Game Guard (comes pretty close to a Rootkit), they would have a own protection mechanism already. *If they truly want to detect people, they just need to use IP detection, no hassle at all without any difficulty, but its hostile and because of its nature, it may create new problems, so i guess they will consider such acts carefully.

Although, I do not generally think that the Developer Team (Sonic Team) is a Gajin hater, that would be wrong. They are trying theyr best in order to make stuff possible and to get in touch. However, they simply got a near unspeakable amount of incompetence when it comes to any matters outside JP because they simply got close to no force outside JP. The JP itself is a bunch of JP minded and JP speaking Devs with close to zero knowledge about EN language, as far as i can tell. The hilarious thing however is the fact that there is people who already translated the game without any payment and they are not even allowed tho. Yet they still did it, its just a clear sign of how easely such stuff could be done in term SEGA will truly care for Gajins and in term they feel like doing a real execution toward translation. Surely there is not much willpower, but at the same time a lot of incompetence.

Well the entire situation is somewhat hilarious but i cant say much more than that, its simply harsh reality, the shadow in the back of a shiny game.

Firstly, what were the asterisks (*) for? I was looking for fine print, and I couldn't find any.

Secondly, that was a bold statement (badum-TCH) you made; English is compulsory in japanese education FYI. Like, heavily mandatory. It is ironic though if you compare that fact with the "Engrish quality" of the launcher but like others said, this isn't catered for the "gaijins" right now, so a professional transation by them probably isn't necessary AT THE MOMENT

Lastly, I'm not bored. #totallyrelevant

Xenobia
Dec 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
I dont care engrish, i do care bad will. I cant honestly make them responsible because that would be even more of a badum than incompetence itself. Yes, the stuff is probably catered for the stars, the one inside Japan, so i guess its true that we have some "Gajin-Mentality".