PDA

View Full Version : shii xie's client order

saneo
Nov 21, 2012, 10:02 AM
I got online just now and found shii xie is not on the screen any more. I still have 2 client orders from her not reported yet.

My question is: Is there any chance that I still can report those client order to her?

or Should I just simply delete those CO.

^^

Shirai
Nov 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
She won't return since she was there as an event NPC for halloween.

Just best to delete those COs since you can't report the client orders back to her.
unless she comes back in a year and you somewhat still have those COs

Miraclearrow
Nov 21, 2012, 10:37 AM
Goodbye Xie... You will be missed :(

[Ayumi]
Nov 21, 2012, 12:38 PM
Stupid me, I thought her english name would've been Xia.

Crysteon
Nov 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Xie said "xiexie" to all of us for bothering doing the helium-pitched sisters quests endlessly and disappeared mysteriously *badum tss*...but yeah, just discard those quests and wait until next Halloween!

Keii
Nov 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
I still think her name is "Shi" and it's a pun on "death", since she's a halloween themed npc.

Crysteon
Nov 21, 2012, 01:00 PM
I still think her name is "Shi" and it's a pun on "death", since she's a halloween themed npc.

Same, but people here tend to believe everything that forbidden and evil english patch tell them, lol.

[Ayumi]
Nov 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
Same, but people here tend to believe everything that forbidden and evil english patch tell them, lol.

Yeah.. like I hear people giving enemies the wrong name.... or NPCs like Joseph and Gerard and a few others...

"Hey did you do Jozef(or whatever) Order yet?"
"How hard is it to type Joseph?"

Keii
Nov 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
;2884502']Yeah.. like I hear people giving enemies the wrong name.... or NPCs like Joseph and Gerard and a few others...

"Hey did you do Jozef(or whatever) Order yet?"
"How hard is it to type Joseph?"
I've heard that the names of the NPCs are related to specific stars/space related stuff and they were changed in one of the releases of the English patch to show that. Still, truth is that with names written in katakana, ゼノ might be Xeno as well as Zeno and it's the same with half of the cast. You never no.

[Ayumi]
Nov 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
I've heard that the names of the NPCs are related to specific stars/space related stuff and they were changed in one of the releases of the English patch to show that. Still, truth is that with names written in katakana, ゼノ might be Xeno as well as Zeno and it's the same with half of the cast. You never no.

Guess it's the same when I call Eko.... Eko and people go "Who are you talking about?"

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 07:43 PM
;2884551']Guess it's the same when I call Eko.... Eko and people go "Who are you talking about?"
That's because those people are right. There are many examples of エコー being written as echo. (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC) It's probably one of the least ambiguous names in PSO2.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
@Keii: If it were like that, then the name change would be ok, but considering the arguments in the old translation thread as precedent, I'm betting that some, if not all of the name changes were more ego getting in the way of consensus than anything else.

As for Shii, vs Xie, she never seemed very Chinese-like to me, so that was an odd choice imo. If it was a Chinese name her name should have been in kanji, not katakana. Either way, no real biggie.