PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Fraps no longer works with the latest gameguard?

Para
Nov 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
I noticed that with the new gameguard updates, you cannot seem to use fraps anymore. It seems like it is extremely difficult to start recording and also to end a record session. Even after you try to end a session, gameguard seems to block the write to HDD for fraps, preventing it from spitting out the avi file.

Anyone else have similar problems and have a different program that might work?

Reiketsu
Nov 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
I noticed that with the new gameguard updates, you cannot seem to use fraps anymore. It seems like it is extremely difficult to start recording and also to end a record session. Even after you try to end a session, gameguard seems to block the write to HDD for fraps, preventing it from spitting out the avi file.

Anyone else have similar problems and have a different program that might work?

Yes, same problem >_>"
I tried out a few different programs, but the only one really working for me is Bandicam. It's actually quite good. Only downside is the watermark of the trial version, but... I'm not going to pay 30$ to get rid of a stupid watermark, just because I wanna record a few PSO2 vids xD"

Husq
Nov 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
Fun thing is, afterburner seems to be working fine now with the latest update. The previous gameguard version had some troubles with it, it worked sometimes and sometimes it just won't work.
afterburner 2.3 supports vfw, so if you don't want to edit your captures, you can now capture directly into h264 or any other codec.

Dinosaur
Nov 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
What's FRAPS?

[Ayumi]
Nov 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
What's FRAPS?

I was just about to ask that same question.
Was wondering if it's that hacking device those hackers used.

gravityvx
Nov 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
My sarcasm meter is broken, can't tell if serious.

Reiketsu
Nov 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
It's just a program to record gameplay footage... xD

eharima
Nov 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
spam here; enjoy no reply and long waiting update. it was about 8 months for mpc-hc...

How can I report a false positive or unrepaired file?

Please compress the files into a ZIP file password protected as “infected” and send us the files to
[email protected]

[email protected]

Further information such as detailed descriptions, screenshots, and your system and browser specifications are very helpful.

http://global.nprotect.com/support/faq.php?faq_menu=5

Misaki Ki
Nov 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
Version 3.4.5 works for me still

Eman2417
Nov 21, 2012, 08:31 PM
lolwut hacking device?
I thought everyone knew about fraps.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 02:50 AM
lolwut hacking device?
I thought everyone knew about fraps.

I don't record anything, sorry.

Yden
Nov 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
Fun thing is, afterburner seems to be working fine now with the latest update. The previous gameguard version had some troubles with it, it worked sometimes and sometimes it just won't work.
afterburner 2.3 supports vfw, so if you don't want to edit your captures, you can now capture directly into h264 or any other codec.

Strange, I haven't been able to get afterburner to work for a while when it comes to recording.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 23, 2012, 12:41 AM

+^_^+ oh god, ima get on right now to try out x264vfw+^_^+ Dxtory supported it, but it was was too resource heavy, AB works great, but mjpeg is "meh"+^_^+
EDIT: oooo, so crystal clear+^_^+ i even upped my encoding resolution to 900x1600 without adverse effects+^_^+

Arika
Nov 23, 2012, 01:40 AM
Fraps work fine to me, here I just record newest video in 1920x1080

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2884985&postcount=614

Reiketsu
Nov 23, 2012, 07:48 AM
Fraps work fine to me, here I just record newest video in 1920x1080

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2884985&postcount=614

What? But how come? It doesn't work for me...
I noticed when I play in window mode and have the folder where the videos get saved in open in the background...
If I press the record key two times, a video file icon appears for like a split second, but that's it. It actually doesn't save anything I try to record... ._.

And Afterburner doesn't work for me, either, because I get that weird "failed to initialize display driver wrapper" error, when I try to start it >_>"

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 23, 2012, 09:08 AM
No problems here with it working, running Nvidia GTX570 on driver 306.97. Fraps version is 3.5.9

Husq
Nov 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
I noticed when I play in window mode and have the folder where the videos get saved in open in the background...
If I press the record key two times, a video file icon appears for like a split second, but that's it. It actually doesn't save anything I try to record... ._.

And Afterburner doesn't work for me, either, because I get that weird "failed to initialize display driver wrapper" error, when I try to start it >_>"

You are using the full version of fraps right? The free version only allows you to record 10sec.
In any case make sure your graphic card driver is up to date.

Reiketsu
Nov 23, 2012, 10:27 AM
You are using the full version of fraps right? The free version only allows you to record 10sec.
In any case make sure your graphic card driver is up to date.

Yes, the full Version >_<
And okay, I'll try updating the driver then :/

Arika
Nov 23, 2012, 10:33 AM

your window is Window 7 or Window 8?

Also, I play on real Full-screen mode. (the one that allow interaction)

Reiketsu
Nov 23, 2012, 10:48 AM
your window is Window 7 or Window 8?

Also, I play on real Full-screen mode. (the one that allow interaction)

I have Windows 8 and I normally play in window mode >_<