http://pso2.jp/vita/

http://pso2.jp/vita/teaser/image/layout/detail.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/150/G015005/20121122006/

eharima
Nov 21, 2012, 09:40 PM
dat date

blace
Nov 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
Why are they using Fighter, Gunner and Techer as the classes? It's kind of misleading to show those classes when you need to level each type to 30 before it's unlocked.

DarK-SuN
Nov 21, 2012, 10:01 PM
Simple, because some people already have them unlocked since PC and Vita are connected, you use the same account, so some people already have them unlocked from the start on the Vita.

Also, the "Skeleton Dragon" boss shown in that site, it was partially found in the current game client, unfinished it seems if I remember.
Surely related with Episode 2 of the PSO2 story and the Vita version comes out when Episode 2 starts.

Sparzyle
Nov 21, 2012, 10:20 PM
Wait what? a Darker Dragon boss?
Sakaaai!!!
It looks like a PSO darker with those photon light dots P:

eharima
Nov 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
why is 'block 01' in English on the vita server ????????????????????????????????

[spoiler-box]FUEL UP THE SPECULATION!!
http://www.4gamer.net/games/150/G015005/20121122006/TN/003.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
Is that a beast?

lol

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2012, 10:29 PM
Giant, demonic, pink SEEDarker pterodactyl thingy. Fucking cool.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
Is that a beast?

lol

Probably just hair and other accessories. XD

Looking forward to Vita Release, but still holding out hope that we won't be account locked to memory card in the end. Likely a false hope though.

Edit: just noticed something that might be significant. The teaser states specifically "Costumes" rather than "Costumes and Parts". A hint that fleshies can cosplay as the PSPo2 default Casts?

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
The official twitter account says that signups for the Vita closed beta will start up sometime next month so if you've been waiting, you'll be able to play soon.

Nerineri
Nov 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
hmm, I read it from the contents for premium there. Is it just me or did I translate it wrong for the first content? 1. 2 costume set (choose 2 out of 8 ) ?

I wish I translate it wrong.

Mike
Nov 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
hmm, I read it from the contents for premium there. Is it just me or did I translate it wrong for the first content? 1. 2 costume set (choose 2 out of 8 ) ?

I wish I translate it wrong.
Nope, that's right. You get have to pick two from the eight costumes.

Nerineri
Nov 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
aw what...so much for getting beast, newman, and human clothes T-T

Crystal_Shard
Nov 22, 2012, 01:35 AM
Wait, choose only 2, not the whole set? Suddenly the bundle looks a lot less of a good deal... sounds like they'll give you two tickets and you'll have to go redeem it from the Recycle/Exchange Shops. I hope you at least get a chance to look at the outfit beforehand...

Mike
Nov 22, 2012, 01:58 AM
You'd have to spend almost 21,000 yen to get all of the costumes. Totally not worth it. Even less worth it when you can play a game where the costumes are all purchasable with meseta is only the flip of a switch away.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
Nope, that's right. You get have to pick two from the eight costumes.

lol

and I'm supposed to pay money for this

cute

Crystal_Shard
Nov 22, 2012, 02:42 AM
You'd have to spend almost 21,000 yen to get all of the costumes. Totally not worth it. Even less worth it when you can play a game where the costumes are all purchasable with meseta is only the flip of a switch away.

Yeah, not planning to get all of them now.

On the one hand, getting all 8 costumes also nets you 4 mag devices, 4 sets of music disks and stickers (assuming these are for the game and not physical items), which would mean an inordinately high amount of meseta through the MyShop, but on the other hand, I don't think all of this is worth US$250-260. There's no guarantee that the market will stay stable enough that all those extra goodies will actually provide a decent ROI.

I have to hand it to Sega on designing a fairly attractive money trap.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 02:45 AM
By that logic you get tons of bonuses for preordering games at every location with a unique preorder bonus just to get the code to redeem all on the same account. All you need to do is spend money!

Which, let's be frank, I'm sure there are people who do that.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 22, 2012, 02:55 AM
There are. XD Seems to be quite a habit in Japan at least, so I'm sure Sega will have quite a few people buying extra sets to collect as well as to sell.

Mike
Nov 22, 2012, 02:59 AM
Seems to be quite a habit in Japan
Bonuses for different store chains happen all over the world unfortunately. Bonus characters A & B if you order at retailer C, extra weapons D & E if you preorder at retailer F, etc etc. Really annoying if you want the "full experience." At least the costumes with this aren't given away at random.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 03:11 AM
So I don't get all of them? I guess I'm not buying it no more.
All I wanted was the clothes. I'll just get it free now.
I'll save up and buy the clothes from the player shops. Sorry.

NoiseHERO
Nov 22, 2012, 03:19 AM
My face when we get some piece of awesome news. then it's later ruined by something added to said news.

"Yeah you can get all the PSP2 outfits with vita version!"

/months later

"But you have to buy the premium package"

Okay...

/2 days later

"And you can only choose two"

SEGA!!!

I swear they've been handling their news like this ever since we've been waiting on this game and they tell us it's F2P at the last minute.

EXPFULL
Nov 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
preordered two. one to give away on the podcast!

the dream of being able to play pso2 on the toilet is becoming more real with each passing day :D

r00tabaga
Nov 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Looks like SNES graphics. Very underwhelming considering how strong the Vita is. Lazy.

Shadowth117
Nov 24, 2012, 06:10 PM
Looks like SNES graphics. Very underwhelming considering how strong the Vita is. Lazy.

Um, what? You're really saying that this:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/150/G015005/20121122006/TN/003.jpg

resembles this in detail?:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2f/Star_Fox_-_Gameplay.png/224px-Star_Fox_-_Gameplay.png

If so, I'd look into some things they call "glasses". Not to mention that PC version is underwhelming in the first place. Expecting a handheld version to have better quality is just silly.

Keii
Nov 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
After playing it on TGS I can confirm that the resolution is lower, textures are uglier and there's aliasing visible here and there, but for this kind of game it really looks great for a handheld (yes, even as strong as Vita).

r00tabaga
Nov 24, 2012, 11:17 PM
Ok, sorry PSP visuals. Looks like pspo2 instead of pso2. Check out some Vita games and tell me they are not being lazy. I was hoping for mid-grade PC'ish graphics at the very least. I know, I know it's gameplay that's important but this is unacceptable if those are final build screenshots.

Dinosaur
Nov 24, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ok, sorry PSP visuals. Looks like pspo2 instead of pso2. Check out some Vita games and tell me they are not being lazy. I was hoping for mid-grade PC'ish graphics at the very least. I know, I know it's gameplay that's important but this is unacceptable if those are final build screenshots.

You have to understand that the game was made for PC optimization. If the game was Vita-only, it would be a different story since the game engine would be optimized strictly for the Vita. Also, consider 12-man PSE bursts. If the graphics were any higher on the Vita in that situation, it would probably blow up*

*over-dramatization since sarcasm doesn't exist here

blace
Nov 24, 2012, 11:43 PM

Have you played some of the newer games on the Vita? The comparison with older games, like Uncharted, is that it looks more like PSP era games, Assassin's Creed III Liberation.

Limited action versus improved game engine. Handhelds have more limitation to them anyway, can't expect them to exceed what a computer can handle with their nearly limitless chances to be upgraded.

r00tabaga
Nov 24, 2012, 11:57 PM
I have quite a few vita games and was really just expecting more. I think the Ragnarok demo shows what pso2 COULD look like & Ragnarok is considered a visually weak game. I will have to see it in person I guess.
The PSE bursts will be demanding for a handheld but Dynasty Warriors is fine with tons of crap going on. Who knows, maybe it can still be optimized before 2/28.