PDA

View Full Version : New Arks Lobby Theme Music?

casshern
Nov 21, 2012, 10:39 PM
Is there any way to get back the original lobby theme music? The new lobby theme music just doesn't feel right.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2012, 10:40 PM
Nope! I like the lobby theme. It reminds me of the Parum Unity Celebration from PSU.

DoubleCannon
Nov 21, 2012, 11:01 PM
Is there any way to get back the original lobby theme music? The new lobby theme music just doesn't feel right.

whaaa? I love the new theme, way better than that crappy halloween music! Feels kinda like a mario theme haha but I like it

Griffin
Nov 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
It reminds me of FF12 tbh. It doesn't fit, but I do like it.

Priest
Nov 22, 2012, 02:16 AM
You'll just have to turn down the BGM in the options and stream dubstep. I think that's what everyone else does.

Angelo
Nov 22, 2012, 02:25 AM
I can't stand the new lobby music. It's probably the worst track in the game so far. As for whoever said it sounds like Mario music... I want to know what cheap Mario knockoff you've been playing.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
It reminds me of Parum. I hate it.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 02:51 AM
I like victorious music...in doses. Preferably when accompanied by a victory. This has already gotten old for me.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 03:20 AM
Also thinking about it while I'm hearing it right now in the backgorund... it makes me think of the times I would sit and talk to friends on PSU after completing a mission... in the mission and the stupid Mission Clear mission would go over and over and over again until I had to mute the damn thing.

How long until this is gone? Please tell me in a week.

Angelo
Nov 22, 2012, 03:22 AM
;2884674']Also thinking about it while I'm hearing it right now in the backgorund... it makes me think of the times I would sit and talk to friends on PSU after completing a mission... in the mission and the stupid Mission Clear mission would go over and over and over again until I had to mute the damn thing.

Well... Christmas should be coming soon...

In that case we better get the awesome Christmas theme from PSU and not the piece of garbage one from PSO.

Better yet, the Holiday lobby music from Episode III beats them both out.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 03:23 AM

In that case we better get the awesome Christmas theme from PSU and not the piece of garbage one from PSO.

I remember the PSO Christmas music, but I can't remember PSUs. What was it?

NoiseHERO
Nov 22, 2012, 03:26 AM
Pretty boring lobby to me...

Also it sounds so lame when non-square-enix/nintendo games try to make orchestra music.

/Not even gonna dodge incoming tomatoes they'll just miss because the throwers have bad taste in music and lobbies.

I miss the halloween lobby already.

PSU's christmas lobbies were bangin' as hell though. REALLY set the mood.

Keii
Nov 22, 2012, 03:32 AM
;2884674']How long until this is gone? Please tell me in a week.
December 5th.

Angelo
Nov 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
Also it sounds so lame when non-square-enix/nintendo games try to make orchestra music.

/Not even gonna dodge incoming tomatoes they'll just miss because the throwers have bad taste in music and lobbies.

Got two tomatoes for ya... duck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTjYMzaI_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTA9hbn6WA

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 22, 2012, 08:24 AM
This track normally appears right before you create a character during the opening scene on the campship

DoubleCannon
Nov 22, 2012, 08:56 AM
I can't stand the new lobby music. It's probably the worst track in the game so far. As for whoever said it sounds like Mario music... I want to know what cheap Mario knockoff you've been playing.

take it easy there lol.. and mario at the olympic games is where I was talking from lol.

Although I do really want a PSO style theme, like the start menu of PSO1... need more of that kind of theme. Something to shoot me back 11 years!

Reiketsu
Nov 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
I like the new lobby theme... it doesn't beat the Halloween music, but it's certainly far better than any other lobby music we had so far :/

Alucard V
Nov 22, 2012, 09:36 AM

;2884674']Also thinking about it while I'm hearing it right now in the backgorund... it makes me think of the times I would sit and talk to friends on PSU after completing a mission... in the mission and the stupid Mission Clear mission would go over and over and over again until I had to mute the damn thing.

Pretty boring lobby to me...

I miss the halloween lobby already.

PSU's christmas lobbies were bangin' as hell though. REALLY set the mood.

So much hate going on. I'll admit it's a little out of place, but it's not bad given that it's for a Formal event. That being said I kind of think some of the new content it out of place as well mainly the Arks Trainee Male Uniform as it looks more like a Officer's Ceremonial Uniform then something for a student of a military academy.
I guess Sega didn't want to rip off Valkyria Chronicles 2 twice with a Lanseal Uniform. Tho I kinda wish they had.
It's still just a small grip tho.

BIG OLAF
Nov 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
;2884677']I remember the PSO Christmas music, but I can't remember PSUs. What was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPfkN5njUM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPfkN5njUM

JanosA
Nov 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm just glad the Halloween lobby music is gone....

Reiketsu
Nov 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
Well, in all honesty, the music in this game sucks for the most part, anyways xD"
Only the boss themes are cool and the theme for ruins, other than that... the soundtrack is just lame. I have the game sound turned off most of the time which I actually never did with any other game before, lol
Among all that dullness, I think the new lobby theme actually sticks out quite a bit as one of the better music tracks :-?

casshern
Nov 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
OHH ... so there is a new theme for each season of the year? are they ever going to go back to this theme though? I post link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbjENPi13c

and to comment on the halloween theme, i just googled it as well, and I don't like it much either.. But.. I wasn't playing PSO at the time because of school so I didn't even realize there was a change.

casshern
Nov 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
I really liked all the tracks IMO .. I'm thinking people have their preferences.. my friend does too, but my brother doesn't, and has game sound turned off

JanosA
Nov 22, 2012, 10:08 AM
OHH ... so there is a new theme for each season of the year? are they ever going to go back to this theme though? I post link below

click here for what i thought was original lobby theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbjENPi13c)

and to comment on the halloween theme, i just googled it as well, and I don't like it much either.. But.. I wasn't playing PSO at the time because of school so I didn't even realize there was a change.

yes....

Reiketsu
Nov 22, 2012, 10:10 AM

click here for what i thought was original lobby theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbjENPi13c)

We didn't have that one in a while now and I'm actually glad about it, because it's probably the track I'm tired of the most :/
They should just put a remix of the Pioneer 2 theme in there, dammit!! (And yes, a remix, not the original one, because they should stop being so incredibly lazy, when it comes to music >_>")

I really liked all the tracks IMO .. I'm thinking people have their preferences.. my friend does too, but my brother doesn't, and has game sound turned off

And well, sure... if you like it, I'm glad for you xD
But all the field music didn't leave any kind of impression on me and isn't memorable at all, Ruins being the only exception...
The boss music is super awesome, though, which really makes me believe they only put effort into the boss themes and everything else was kinda half-assedly composed in a few hours...

Sparzyle
Nov 22, 2012, 10:15 AM
I think they eventually back to that normal theme but hey! these days are for celebrating the ARKS aniversary or something like that, celebrating that we are the heroes(still...?), how could such a great theme would not fit?

It even makes me do random posing
[spoiler-box]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035722_051.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035141_040.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035135_039.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Macman
Nov 22, 2012, 10:25 AM
You'd think they'd save this commemoration lobby for when the game is a year old or something.

Reiketsu
Nov 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
It's probably because we're about to experience the first climax of the game...
Now they want us to feel all heroic and shit, but wait until the next big update when Falz obliterates like 90% of the ARKs fleet... then we'll get a mourning ceremony lobby for a month, lol

Alucard V
Nov 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
I think they eventually back to that normal theme but hey! these days are for celebrating the ARKS aniversary or something like that, celebrating that we are the heroes(still...?), how could such a great theme would not fit?

It even makes me do random posing
[spoiler-box]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035722_051.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035141_040.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/PSO2%20November%20Stuff/pso20121122_035135_039.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I still say it's out of place. If they started this on the anniversary of the PSO JP release date made it a In Memory of Pioneers event I'd be the 1st /la salute. But its not.:cry:

Edit: Tho I guess December 21 would be cutting it a little close with Christmas & the Doomsday.

Eman2417
Nov 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
The music in this game is great, idk what yer talking about.
Caves is the only exception.

Griffin
Nov 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
I am not fond of enemy nearby themes myself. They are too chaotic and not as memorable. Boss themes are great.

Meji
Nov 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
Just wait until Jingle Bells keeps looping in the lobby. Then you'll know what a "bad lobby theme" sounds like. Especially if it's only 30sec long, and loops. Just like the good old days.

Sparzyle
Nov 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
You'd think they'd save this commemoration lobby for when the game is a year old or something.
I think so, but hey, they finally put a event song that is pure 100% PSO2. Also as Reiketsu said it's because the final battle against Dark Falz which is shown at the new matterboard & all that heroic stuff.
Maybe they'll put another song next year and not caring about ARKS Ceremonial when they release EPII or something...:-?

I still say it's out of place. If they started this on the anniversary of the PSO JP release date made it a In Memory of Pioneers event I'd be the 1st /la salute. But its not.:cry:
Edit: Tho I guess December 21 would be cutting it a little close with Christmas & the Doomsday.
I start to think Naberius is actually Ragol and that's why there's Ruins with these Falz's monoliths, so if they find Pioneer or some data around the Ruins maybe they could make a homage to those Hunters P:

I haven't put much attention to the Story translation thread though...:-?

Mizunos
Nov 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
The music in this game is great, idk what yer talking about.
Caves is the only exception.
No it's not. There are a lot more bad, unmemorable soundtracks in this game than decent ones.

Alucard V
Nov 22, 2012, 11:54 AM
I start to think Naberius is actually Ragol and that's why there's Ruins with these Falz's monoliths, so if they find Pioneer or some data around the Ruins maybe they could make a homage to those Hunters P:

Its not the same Ruins tho. Ragol's were a whole Ancient Spaceship wile what's on Naberius could just be bit and peaces of a Ark Scout Ship.

BIG OLAF
Nov 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
Its not the same Ruins tho. Ragol's were a whole Ancient Spaceship wile what's on Naberius could just be bit and peaces of a Ark Scout Ship.

I noticed that the architecture of the 'destroyed' buildings in the Ruins closely resemble the look and feel of the Dome from the Forest in PSO.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPfkN5njUM
Oh! I remember it now!
Yeah I really liked this a lot.

You're a cruel cruel individual.

They better, the original default lobby theme felt very PSO-ish to me (which I usually like)

I think so, but hey, they finally put a event song that is pure 100% PSO2. Also as Reiketsu said it's because the final battle against Dark Falz which is shown at the new matterboard & all that heroic stuff.
Maybe they'll put another song next year and not caring about ARKS Ceremonial when they release EPII or something...:-?

No it's not. There are a lot more bad, unmemorable soundtracks in this game than decent ones.

I noticed that the architecture of the 'destroyed' buildings in the Ruins closely resemble the look and feel of the Dome from the Forest in PSO.

Earlier this week I've been feeling as if this is a PSO reboot.
I have my reasons why.
One is the game starts off like the 1st few quests of PSO (Training and such)
Which then leads to searching planets while living on ships (well...)
But anyway this is not what it lead me to this, it's mostly Ruins.

This place looks like it has 2 parts to it. The ruins looks like it was based on a city or monument once, but as you know, ruins don't crumble like this over time. It looks like something crashed or exploded in the area which led to 2 things to me.

1. Either it's from an explosion from Falz like she/it did back on the 1st scene of PSO or
2. Something huge crashed into the area which might be the some sort of a meteor or spaceship or something which might be where Falz is trapped.

But I've also been having ideas since the beginning that it's based after PSO as these Arks feels a bit like a mixture of Arkz and Pioneer.
They're organized like Pioneer, but seems a bit ruthless a few times with a "by any means necessary" vibe when it comes to getting something done.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
I like it kinda, and it reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy somehow ;o

I'm also glad the halloween music is gone, I got bored from that from years of PSO1...I just hope they won't recycle Christmas, Eastern and Valetine as well from PSO1 ;-;

Game needs more PSO Ep3 tracks.

Alucard V
Nov 22, 2012, 12:34 PM

;2884778']Earlier this week I've been feeling as if this is a PSO reboot.
I have my reasons why.

This place looks like it has 2 parts to it. The ruins looks like it was based on a city or monument once, but as you know, ruins don't crumble like this over time. It looks like something crashed or exploded in the area which led to 2 things to me.

1. Either it's from an explosion from Falz like she/it did back on the 1st scene of PSO or
2. Something huge crashed into the area which might be the some sort of a meteor or spaceship or something which might be where Falz is trapped.

But I've also been having ideas since the beginning that it's based after PSO as these Arks feels a bit like a mixture of Arkz and Pioneer.
They're organized like Pioneer, but seems a bit ruthless a few times with a "by any means necessary" vibe when it comes to getting something done.

I thought I was stating the simplest cause and effect. In that Darkers could take down a ship be numbers alone. But we wont know for sure till the story's translated.

LinkKD
Nov 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
I actually like the new lobby song, makes me feel like I'm in Highwind 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnl6NoEVdo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnl6NoEVdo

Griffin
Nov 22, 2012, 01:50 PM
You say the right stuff, Link. I nostalgia'd in my pants.

[Ayumi]
Nov 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Guess it doesn't help that I was never a fan of FFVII, huh? Lol

Laxedrane
Nov 22, 2012, 02:11 PM
I personally like the new theme. It's a nice break from the usual tracks in the game. Better by contrast I guess. It isn't a particularly great theme but it's a nice change of pace for me. Although I can see how it's very LOUD score can get annoying to some people.

Griffin
Nov 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
;2884803']Guess it doesn't help that I was never a fan of FFVII, huh? Lol

NO. GET OUT.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
;2884778']Oh! I remember it now!
Yeah I really liked this a lot.

You're a cruel cruel individual.

They better, the original default lobby theme felt very PSO-ish to me (which I usually like)

Earlier this week I've been feeling as if this is a PSO reboot.
I have my reasons why.

Games like PS and Zelda always seem to border between being semi-connected sequels and being reboots. They tend to have similar elements at the start and all throughout the game, but update mechanics to keep with the times. They also add entirely new elements as they go. This has been noticeably more dramatic with PS than Zelda, but the general idea is the same.

Even if they say they're not connected, they do tend to have things surface that connects them because fans fucking love that shit (Myself included).

It's my greatest hope that the story will have us discovering a civilization where Falz actually won the battle, and we're forced to deal with the aftermath. Having Falz be formidable after a victory plus 1,000 years to gain strength would be interesting, and would certainly rival the arks fleet (Which is something necessary to make the story remotely interesting, because as it is we can just nuke everything from orbit...with a thousand nukes).

Zyrusticae
Nov 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
I take great issue with that assertion, sir. Your taste may simply not coincide with that of the creators'.

And now, every track in the game that I enjoy:
[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjnnnZNfIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvi7fSt6dpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14k1ECs5ofY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MnxUgaw2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlOFJ0OdpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y5W_WEHys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMdjIeJaPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc8ID3M2mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyLdwfC5Ew
[/spoiler-box]
Yep, that's more than half of them. ;-)

Link1275
Nov 22, 2012, 05:27 PM

What's wrong with Jingle Bells?

Seconded.

Seriously? Doomsday? Come on. The world won't end like turning off a light bulb when the clock hits midnight and says it's the 21st. You're forgetting that that method is flawed. Saying it ends on the 21st is rather stupid whereas the world will not become the 21st at one time.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
What's wrong with Jingle Bells?

Seconded.

Seriously? Doomsday? Come on. The world won't end like turning off a light bulb when the clock hits midnight and says it's the 21st. You're forgetting that that method is flawed. Saying it ends on the 21st is rather stupid whereas the world will not become the 21st at one time.

No, YOUR method is flawed. Don't question the Mayans, who are well known for seeing threats to civilization as they know it long before they arrive.

Link1275
Nov 22, 2012, 05:53 PM
No, YOUR method is flawed. Don't question the Mayans, who are well known for seeing threats to civilization as they know it long before they arrive.
I'm just pointing out that the universe and ect. do not follow time zones and calendars that humans have made to track the movement of this planet. In other words you can't put a date on a calendar and say the world will blow up on that day.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm just pointing out that the universe and ect. do not follow time zones and calendars that humans have made to track the movement of this planet. In other words you can't put a date on a calendar and say the world will blow up on that day.

I think you might have missed the joke where I said the mayan prophecy is bullshit. And, really, most people only say things about it jokingly.

Syklo
Nov 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
I take great issue with that assertion, sir. Your taste may simply not coincide with that of the creators'.

And now, every track in the game that I enjoy:
[spoiler-box]
PSO2: Snow/Fang Banshee & Banther Duel Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjnnnZNfIk)
PSO2: Big Vader Duel Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvi7fSt6dpo)
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Tundra Battle BGM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14k1ECs5ofY)
Phantasy Star Online 2 Music - The Floating Continent (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MnxUgaw2o)
PSO2: Quartz Dragon Duel Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlOFJ0OdpI)
Phantasy Star Online 2 Music - Subterranean Tunnels 2 (Mines) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y5W_WEHys)
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Ruins Theme (Enemies Near) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMdjIeJaPs)
Phantasy Star Online 2 Music (?) - Vol Dragon - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc8ID3M2mo)
Phantasy Star Online 2 Music - Dark Ragne (All Phases) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k)
PSO2 Closed Beta: Emergency Code Duel (Miniboss) Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyLdwfC5Ew)
[/spoiler-box]
Yep, that's more than half of them. ;-)
I remember there was a thread having videos to most of PSO2's soundtrack but I can't find it.

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

Sparzyle
Nov 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
I remember there was a thread having videos to most of PSO2's soundtrack but I can't find it.

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?
Here it is
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194501
there's almost every song from PSO2 on these Youtube channels

Also Happy Musician's Day Hideaki Kobayashi & Co. for making all these amazing PS online soundtracks P:
like they do care or even could see this...:wacko:

Alucard V
Nov 22, 2012, 09:17 PM

Not seriously. That was a joke. :sleepy:

EXPFULL
Nov 24, 2012, 10:32 AM
I think it's ace!