Nov 23, 2012, 12:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yoOYG.png

you will be missed...

Renvalt
Nov 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
They killed Xeno! Those bastards!

Zyrusticae
Nov 23, 2012, 01:12 AM
Fun fact: Play through the story mission again and take the other paths, and he'll be available again!

Oh, Sega!

Griffin
Nov 23, 2012, 01:25 AM
Wait, he was important?

Gold Saw
Nov 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
I always tell myself not to go into spoiler threads. It never works.

Maronji
Nov 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
I always tell myself not to go into spoiler threads. It never works.

You mean kinda like how I tell myself not to look at the hidden spoilers for something I'm in the middle of on TVTropes and I do anyway? I know that feel.

Also, crap.

plasism
Nov 23, 2012, 01:40 AM
Oh wow, did that happen in chapter 8? I'm almost there to the 2nd orange node. Oh man and I thought "he" was gettemhard... or did Xeno sacrifice his own life?

Renvalt
Nov 23, 2012, 01:46 AM
Oh wow, did that happen in chapter 8? I'm almost there to the 2nd orange node. Oh man and I thought "he" was gettemhard... or did Xeno sacrifice his own life?

You'll find out soon enough. But I can say that if you're a person who hates cliches, then you may have a strong reason to hate Echo afterwards.

plasism
Nov 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
You'll find out soon enough. But I can say that if you're a person who hates cliches, then you may have a strong reason to hate Echo afterwards.

Lemme guess... damsel in distress... then I can guess what happens... soooo cliche...

Keii
Nov 23, 2012, 03:28 AM
Fun fact: Play through the story mission again and take the other paths, and he'll be available again!

Oh, Sega!
Yeah, I was really happy when it happened - thought I've lost my chance to get Zeno related titles for good.

Renvalt
Nov 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
Lemme guess... damsel in distress... then I can guess what happens... soooo cliche...

Nope. Something else. Any anime with a female lead tends to do this often.

Just do the story and you'll see.

CelestialBlade
Nov 23, 2012, 06:16 AM
Huh, usually it's the female making the sacrifice in Phantasy Star games.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Nov 23, 2012, 06:32 AM
Huh? My Rival Xeno dies in the Falz Hunar fight? So not only do I get to kick Genttemharts 38 inch neck Ass twice but My Rival for Echo's love is KIA. though, I expected him alive to see Echo kiss Lovrina.

[SPOILER-BOX]But who am I kidding, I really hated him. we really didn't need another White Male lead Protagonist. Gonna hop in my NEXT and Over-red Boost around Old Piece City. Victory Lap!!!!!!![/SPOILER-BOX]

Mysterious-G
Nov 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Honestly, the title of this topic is way enough to guess who will die. Please change it.

Resanoca
Nov 23, 2012, 09:23 AM
It's also impossible to NOT look at this. "Oh, spoilers of someone dying. Not gonna look." Then you click it because you can't resist. >:

Also, I laughed at the foreshadowing of it beforehand.

EvilMag
Nov 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
TBH...I predicted this would happen.

Now if you want to know what will fully happen after this, go play PSZero and the similar thing will happen on PSO2.

D-Inferno
Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5CCLAZ-zb8

For those who don't like the Matter Board.

Echo's "cliche" starts at 00:50 I believe.

End of chapter spoliers:
Falzhart looks similar to the Masked Man (note: they are not the same). Perhaps the Masked Man can transform into a certain datamined enemy (no, not the unused rare fish).

Blizz3112
Nov 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
As long as Echo grows as a character from this, instead of becoming Emo, I'm okay with this...

Boltzmann
Nov 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
That's wonderful. Not only I never got along well with Zeno but it also always bugged me that he had to get just the best female character in the cast as his romantic interest. All the best for Echo(and now I've got a reason to stop lazying around and work towards those story quests)

terrell707
Nov 23, 2012, 12:42 PM

Oh, Sega!

He becomes available because of a bug? Or does it reverse what happened?

gigawuts
Nov 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I was really happy when it happened - thought I've lost my chance to get Zeno related titles for good.

This is something I'm glad they did. This is one of those times where gameplay is more important than canon, lore, etc. Permanently removing something like that for something you may not even be aware will lead to that removal isn't cool. I'm glad they said fuck it and let you get him back.

Now they just need to add an optional grinding minigame, where failure results in definite grinding loss but success results in a higher chance of success...Something, anything that adds player skill and control to the mix.

Keii
Nov 23, 2012, 01:10 PM
He becomes available because of a bug? Or does it reverse what happened?
It's not a bug, story quests having two paths revolve around the idea of being able to make different things happen based on your choices or something like that. I think one of the NPCs mentioned it in the beginning.

Jakosifer
Nov 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
Now motivated to actually finish up Matter Boards just to beat up Douchehart/Gettemwet, I've been waiting for that since his very first appearance. What a dick.

Kion
Nov 23, 2012, 01:31 PM

This entire story is just a bunch of cliche's mashed into one. I hate how all 80% of the dialog is "take care of yourself", or "dont overdo it". Really if you don't have anything to write, you don't need to write it. It's a waste of money to hire people to voice act pointless dialog.

And I am uber pissed at Dark Falz talking in this chapter. Really Sega, really? I always thought the point of dark falz was he was supposed to be this being of dark power unable to be comprehended, and he's all like "come at me brah!". And really a bad reverb effect was the best they could do on him? He sounds like a bitch, least they could of done was at least make him sound ominous.

Link1275
Nov 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
This entire story is just a bunch of cliche's mashed into one. I hate how all 80% of the dialog is "take care of yourself", or "dont overdo it". Really if you don't have anything to write, you don't need to write it. It's a waste of money to hire people to voice act pointless dialog.

And I am uber pissed at Dark Falz talking in this chapter. Really Sega, really? I always thought the point of dark falz was he was supposed to be this being of dark power unable to be comprehended, and he's all like "come at me brah!". And really a bad reverb effect was the best they could do on him? He sounds like a bitch, least they could of done was at least make him sound ominous.
He talked in PSZ too...

Amaranthus
Nov 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hmm.. haven't been doing MB stuff.. I'd like to beat up Gettemhart too but would hate to see Zeno die. Dx And wth! at least state it was a major spoiler or something.. What I was expecting to see when I clicked this was the whole battle between Gettemhart and stuff (which is kinda old news) so I clicked away.

:I

TenebriS
Nov 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
Dx And wth! at least state it was a major spoiler or something.

Check the thread name
JP PSO2 Goodbye Old Friend...{Warning: Spoilers}

If you dont want spoiler just avoid that threads?

Mysterious-G
Nov 23, 2012, 04:55 PM
He talked in PSZ too...

To be fair it really was not much dialogue in PSZ and what he said was as ominous and vague as could get. Yeah, PSZ Falz is still my favorite rendition of him, I can easily dig his design after getting to know about Hindu religion a bit.
I actually also like the Falz we see this time around. The ARKs are an entire army and the Darkers feel just like that as well. A Darker general with personality does fit, more so than a non-talking ominous, vague dark God ever would.

@Tenebris: US ELECTION2012 Welcome for another run, good friend! {warning: Election spoilers}
Alas, the title is still too obvious. Just my 50 cents.

TenebriS
Nov 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
@Tenebris: US ELECTION2012 Welcome for another run, good friend! {warning: Election spoilers}
Alas, the title is still too obvious. Just my 50 cents.

Old friend could still mean anything.....

but hey its up to you if you want to be butthurt over such a thing~

Resanoca
Nov 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, the title name does kind of spoil the fact someone will most likely be dying.

Perhaps change it to something like... "Story Discussion. MAJOR SPOILERS".

GospelDS
Nov 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
Check the thread name
JP PSO2 Goodbye Old Friend...{Warning: Spoilers}

If you dont want spoiler just avoid that threads?

Doesn't help, if the thread title itself already contains a spoiler.
I find it most funny when people do this pattern:

Step 1: mention spoiler about the story
Step 2: give a warning there might be possible spoilers about the story

Sure, 'old friend' is relatively vague, but it doesn't require much detective skills to figure out the possible victims.
'friend' indicates it has to be a character rather close to the player.
'old' indicates it has to be a character that has been around for a while, possibly since the beginning of the game.

There are only three who fit these criteria: Ekou, Xeno and Afin.

gigawuts
Nov 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
Doesn't help, if the thread title itself already contains a spoiler.
I find it most funny when people do this pattern:

Step 1: mention spoiler about the story
Step 2: give a warning there might be possible spoilers about the story

Sure, 'old friend' is relatively vague, but it doesn't require much detective skills to figure out the possible victims.
'friend' indicates it has to be a character rather close to the player.
'old' indicates it has to be a character that has been around for a while, possibly since the beginning of the game.

Or maybe it means we beat falz. As far as old friends go, there aren't many PS characters we're all more familiar with than falz that are still in this PS game.

Kion
Nov 23, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah, the title name does kind of spoil the fact someone will most likely be dying.

Perhaps change it to something like... "Story Discussion. MAJOR SPOILERS".

That's the title of the tread I started and no one is posting in it.

yunamon
Nov 23, 2012, 10:18 PM

Why not GAYbo!?