PDA

View Full Version : *Spoiler* Chapter 8 Speculation Thread

Kion
Nov 23, 2012, 08:22 AM
Update: Edited version. Thanks for all of the input!
[spoiler-box]
Phatasy Star Online 2 Chapter 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMWsqzH3GrY
Youtube Credit: Maronji

AP 238/4/1 10:00

Zeno: Hey [player]. Are you come here to investigate too?
Zeno: As long as you're here, you want to tag along with us?

Option
1) *Go with Zeno and Echo
2) Go by yourself

Zeno: That's the spirit, plus I'd be at ease with you here.
Echo: Aren't you forgetting someone?
Zeno: Right, you too.
Echo: You don't seem to be paying attention to me at all lately.
Zeno: It's because you need to learn to stand up for yourself!
Zeno: You don't think it's getting old clinging on me all of the time?
Echo: but I dont't...
Zeno: Huh, did you say something?
Echo: Who do you think you're talking to? Come on [player], let's get going.
Zeno: She seems down, but if she's still feeling good enough to get that angry, then she's probably okay.
Zeno: By the way, [player]. Be on your guard. I've got a bad feeling about this place.

Chapter 8 Descent of the Dstructor

Echo: What's this shaking?
Zeno: An earthquake? No, but something's different. Almost like something in the earth is stirring.
Echo: Something? Zeno what do you mean?
Kasura: Basically he means that this place is dangerous.
Echo: Who said-
Kasura: Sorry to surprise you.
Kasura: And you can relax, I'm just an ordinary Arks like you.
Zeno: If you're just an ordinary Arks, then what are we supposed to be?
Zeno: One of the top three hero's of the Six Pillars of Arks, Kasura.
Echo: You mean the highest rank?
Kasura: If you know who I am then that makes explaining things easier.
Kasura: As a top ranking member of Arks I recommend retreating immediately.
Kasura: But I guess I'm not one to talk as I'm heading this way alone.
Kasura: As long as you're here, would you like to accompany me?

Option
1)*Agree
2) Refuse

Zeno: Are you sure we wont just get in the way?
Kasura: Not at all. I'm just here to gather information.
Kasura: Besides I'm not much for fighting, So it's actually beneficial for me to have someone along in case something happens.
Kasura: Also there's a lot of information about this place that I think needs to be explained.
Zero: Looks like we don't have time to stand around and talk. Let's go.
Kasura: Appreciated.
Kasura: Everyone let's go.

AP 238/4/1 11:00

Echo: Why are there so many darkers here?
Zeno: My thoughts exactly. Hey Kasura, what's going on here?
Kasura: This is only something I was told, but are you aware of what happened here on Naberius 40 years ago?

Option
1)* Final battle with Dark Falz
2) A large scale climate change

Kasura: [player], you've done your homework. Exactly that. The final battle with Dark Falz took place here.
Kasura: 40 years ago the first generation Legias, first generation Kasura and first generation Claris Cleiss defeated dark falz on this planet.
Echo: Dark falz...?
Zeno: What are you talking about? Haven't darkers just started appearing recently?
Kasura: That is a lie.
Echo: You mean Arks has been lying to us?
Kasura: Yes in order to disguise Naberius as a safe planet.
Kasura: So that normal Arks wouldn't discover the true nature of what lay hidden here.
Zeno: I don't understand. What does that accomplish? What are they hiding here?
Kasura: The fiction that holds Arks together is hidden here.
Kasura: Proof to deceive Arks members that Dark Falz was destroyed lays here.

AP 238/4/1 11:20
Ghettemhalt: So you've come.
Ghettemhalt: Oh, and a lot more character's have gathered here. Fuhahaha!
Zeno: Ghettemhalt, just what are you doing here?
Ghettemhalt: Can't you see? I'm on a picnic.
Zeno: Don't fuck with me! Was that rumbling your doing?
Ghettemhalt: Shut your trap. Shina, is it ready yet?
Shina: Just a moment.
Kasura: That's Cralisa! That's supposed to have been lost. What's it doing here?
Kasura: A user has already been entered? But if the seal has been broken. Everything...
Kasura: If the seal is broken, everything is over. We need to get her away from the Clarisa!
Ghettemhalt: I won't let you.
Ghettemhalt: You understand right? Something fun is going to happen.
Ghettemhaly: [player] it excites you too right? This malicious feeling that surrounds this place?
Zeno: Are you freaking gone insane!?
Ghettemhalt: Gone insane? I never particualrly cared for sanity to begin with!

AP 238/4/1 11:40
Ghettemhalt: Fun, hahaha! This has really been fun!
Zeno: You crazy bastard. You think you can beat the four of us?
Ghettemhalt: Hey Shina, it's still not finished yet?
Shina: Just a little more.... but.....
Ghettemhelt: Oh, so "just a little longer eh?"
Ghettemhalt: Hey Shina, for me you would do anything right?
Shina: Of course.
Ghettemhalt: That's good. Well then sorry, but...
Ghettemhalt: die for me!
Shina: -
Zeno: Ghettemhalt, you bastard!
Ghettemhalt: And why are you getting angry Zeno?
Zeno: Why would you kill your own comrade?
Shina: Ghettem- -hal -sama
Shina: Was Shina able to be of service to you?
Gheetemhalt: Yes Shina. Thanks to you that guy will come back.
Kasura: Using that method...
Zeno: What's going on?
Kasura: This torrent of photons. Dark Falz revival....
Ghettemhalt: Come on Dark Falz? You're strong right? The strongest right?
Ghettemhalt: Show that power to me, the power to destroy everything.
Ghettemhalt: I'll tear and shred all of it.
Ghettemhalt: What's.... this? What the hell is going on..?
Zeno: Ghettemhalt!
Kasura: Don't get any closer. You'll get pulled in too.
Zeno: Get pulled in? Kasura, how do you know about all of this?
Kasura: The continuation of what was explaining before...
Kasura: 40 years ago, Arks defeated Dark Falz, but they weren't able to destroy him.
Kasura: They only only able to seal him. And have kept him sealed on this planet.
Kasura: In order to make everyone think that he was really gone.
Zeno: What-?
Echo: So that monument?
Kasura: -is where Dark Falz is sealed. Only that seal has just been broken now.
Ghettemhalt: Shit! Shit! Just what is going on here? Damn it!!
Ghettemhalt: Don't come inside of me!
Kasura: Dark Falz is essentially the same as darkers.
Kasura: Which is infect and control what they consume.
Ghettemhalt: Damn it!!!! SHina! Hey Shiina!
Ghettemhalt: I... I... we. WE....
Ghettemhalt: We...
Ghettemfalz: I see!I see!I see!I see!I see!I see!I see! Fwahahaha hahahaha!
Ghettemfalz: It's been too long! The blue sky, the green grass.
Ghettemfalz: I'm a being of conflict. It has been far too long.
Zeno: This isn't Ghettemhalt. What are you?
Ghettemfalz: Be in awe! I am the great and mighty Dark Falz Elder!
Kasura: Dark Falz...!
Echo: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh-
Ghettemfalz: Blood in pumping through my veins. Destructon, I crave it.
Ghettemfalz: You arks have the plessure of being the first ones crushed by me.

AP 238/4/1 12:00

Ghettemfalz: Slightly impressive. This fight feels good to this stiff body.
Zeno: It had no effect on him!?
Kasura: He's still incomplete. Stopping him is impossible, but retreating isn't an option either.
Kasura: If he regains his full strength there will be no way to stop him.
Zeno: Damn it...
Zeno: Echo and [player] take Shina and retreat!
Echo: Zeno, what are you saying? I'm going to stay and fight with you.
Zeno: I'm saying you should stay out of the way!
Zeno: Please, [player] I'll by some time, so please at least save these two.
Kasura: I'm with you Zeno.
Zeno: Kasura...
Kasura: DOn't forget I'm one of the Six Pillars of Arks. We may still have a chance to rn after buying some time.
Echo: But ... Zeno....
Zeno: Shut up! Take the wounded and retreat. That's an order Echo!
Echo: ...
Zeno: Sorry, let me do this.
Zeno: As you're mentor I can't let myself look bad in this kind of situation.
Echo: Zeno come back alive. Promise me! If you don't I'll never forgive you!
Zeno: I hear ya! Now shut up and go!
Ghettemfalz: Are you ready Arks?
Zeno: You were waiting for us? You're suprisingly considerate of people's conversations, Dark Falz.
Ghettemfalz: I have no interest in weakling who aren't willing to fight.
Zeno: Then I guess I'll have to step up to your expectations!
Kasura: Let's go.

AP 238/4/1 13:00
Echo: What... was that!!!? What the hell was that?
Echo: You can't tell me, that's dark falz?
Echo: Zeno! Zeno! Please, answer me! Come back, Zeno!
Echo: Zeno!

Chapter 8 Descent of the Destructor End

[/spoiler-box]

Mysterious-G
Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for translating this, Kion. Much appreciated. ^^
As for that battle with Dark Falz that was mentioned, I really doubt they were talking about the PSO fight there. So I still do not see any connection to the first game, as of yet.

Kion
Nov 23, 2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah, since it mentions the Arks, it could still be a larger difference than 40 years. But I think at least a connection between Ragol and Naberius has somewhat been established.

Mysterious-G
Nov 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
How is that?

Maronji
Nov 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
I addressed this in the translation thread, but due to suspected sleep deprivation, I accidentally cut a scene out. It's on the translation thread now, and I'm in the process of adding annotations to link them together for now until I re-render, re-encode, and re-upload it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Added the annotations. I'm in the process of re-rendering the edited footage, so it'll be a while before I have the fixed version posted.

Kion
Nov 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
How is that?

They are already set up a bunch of parallels like the native creatures, the fores area, the dark falz ruins and the fact that the game is called pso2. I agree that I don't think the events described in the story mode describe the end of PSO. 40 years is a pretty short time for pioner 2 and hunters to be forgotten about. But I think at least location-wise it's the place.

Link1275
Nov 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
How is that?
Falz was sealed on Ragol.

They are already set up a bunch of parallels like the native creatures, the fores area, the dark falz ruins and the fact that the game is called pso2. I agree that I don't think the events described in the story mode describe the end of PSO. 40 years is a pretty short time for pioner 2 and hunters to be forgotten about. But I think at least location-wise it's the place.

Falz also revives once in a 1000 years so....

pikachief
Nov 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
you only seal him in PSO? also couldn't he have left Ragol and went somewhere else, then these 3 people sealed him and then he got released 40 years later? Or we killed him or sealed him, then 1000 years passed then he rose, and they sealed him again for 40 years.

Also NOTHING implies that Naberius is Ragol. Just because there's 2 areas with PSO named levels and Dark Falz is on the planet doesn't make it ragol :/ Not saying its not, but I think any place with Falz on it would be called Ruins.

DoubleCannon
Nov 23, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just wanted to point out, didn't Sakai say that PSO2 story is in no way connected to PSO1?

And what about PSU, dark falz was there to, hes everywhere! Naberius can't be Ragol, in 40 years in no way does it makes sense that Dark falz is sealed on Ragol and suddenly all is forgotten about this event and the planet was then changed to what it is from Ragol, I see no Boomas! lol.. am I even making sense here?

pikachief
Nov 23, 2012, 03:10 PM
Just wanted to point out, didn't Sakai say that PSO2 story is in no way connected to PSO1?

And what about PSU, dark falz was there to, hes everywhere! Naberius can't be Ragol, in 40 years in no way does it makes sense that Dark falz is sealed on Ragol and suddenly all is forgotten about this event and the planet was then changed to what it is from Ragol, I see no Boomas! lol.. am I even making sense here?

Yea PSO and PSU are not connected to PSO2 (at least not originally though, it could've been changed down the line but who knows)

I think he also said they were deciding to call it PSO2 or PSU2 and they decided to go with PSO2

Rien
Nov 24, 2012, 07:18 AM
This is the biggest Falz I've seen.

Blizz3112
Nov 24, 2012, 07:56 AM
I love how Falz nonchalantly flies off somewhere in space... "Toodles..."

darkante
Nov 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
Any reason he doesn't just try to smash the planet to oblivion? Seems odd that he just flies off if he is supposed to be DF.

Blizz3112
Nov 24, 2012, 08:26 AM
Any reason he doesn't just try to smash the planet to oblivion? Seems odd that he just flies off if he is supposed to be DF.

I assume its because he is still brittle (you just barely formed) and is still recovering from his sleep... No point in causing harm on yourself, right? ;-)

DoubleCannon
Nov 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
Falz has left to go create a planet and then travel to terrorize PSU! I called it lol

Arika
Nov 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
Question :

1. What does the two kanji that Faiz Hunarl speak for his name mean? He doesn't simply say he is Dark Faiz, but he said 2 word that specific into his name there. I couldn't read that two kanji nor understand the meaning.

2. When you translate as "Top 6 of Arks" actually, Japanese doesn't write it like that. Could you please direct translate that part too? I want to know the exact meaning of it. (I could also guess that it mean something like 6 pillars, but not good enough to get exact meaning. I know it isn't exactly top 6 of arks either though)

Link1275
Nov 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
Question :

1. What does the two kanji that Faiz Hunarl speak for his name mean? He doesn't simply say he is Dark Faiz, but he said 2 word that specific into his name there. I couldn't read that two kanji nor understand the meaning.

2. When you translate as "Top 6 of Arks" actually, Japanese doesn't write it like that. Could you please direct translate that part too? I want to know the exact meaning of it. (I could also guess that it mean something like 6 pillars, but not good enough to get exact meaning. I know it isn't exactly top 6 of arks either though)
I think he said Falz Hunar, or he might of added Gettemhart's name to his own.

CelestialBlade
Nov 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Shouldn't Naberius be a molten wasteland by now? There's no way life on that planet survives the trauma from Dark Falz bursting out of it. You're talking an enormous ocean of magma where it burst out and the rest of the crust stricken with massive earthquakes.

If Naberius is perfectly fine in the next chapter I'm gonna be pissed.

Kion
Nov 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Question :

1. The characters before his name are 巨躯 (きょく) meaning large or grand. How ever what he seems to be saying is "Elder" in katakana. Thing about japanese characters is you can actually give them your own pronunciation. Like Light ライト written 月 in death note. Or Real リアル written as 現実 in Lover's Again by Exile. Since I didn't know where they were going with it, i put it to the side until I could see where they are gong with it.

2. 六芒均衡. 六芒星 means a six sided star and 均衡 means equilibrium. I have no idea what to make of this in english (hexabalance?). On the japanese wiki this is how it's described:

アークス中でトップクラスの実力を持ち、絶対的命令権を与えられた6人。三英雄もこの中に含ま れる。選定は 実力のみで選ばれ、設立から40年弱経過している。トップクラスの実力=生存率が高く経験が長 い者たちを意 味するため、三英雄とともに士気向上の旗印という存在意義がある。「どうみても普通のちいさな 女の子もその 一人」という噂らしい。なお末席である六のヒューイは「努力していたら強制的に据えられた」と 語っている。

But basically it refers to the strongest six arks members. So I'm thinking maybe "Elite Six" or something?

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
inb4 Zeno comes back somehow (Falz manifest whatever blahblah), and becomes the villain in 'Episode II' and is basically an Olga Flow knockoff

I'd say it's possible, since by seeing how similar-looking Falz is to his PSO form, SEGA just can't stop cranking that nostalgia.

Kion
Nov 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yea PSO and PSU are not connected to PSO2 (at least not originally though, it could've been changed down the line but who knows)

I think he also said they were deciding to call it PSO2 or PSU2 and they decided to go with PSO2

Well there is this: http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/08/120821a.html

In chapter 8 we get that Kasura, Legalas and Claris Klein defeated Dark Falz 40 years ago. We've seen Kasura and Legalas, so I googled claris klein and I found that page which....

http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_0204.jpg
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_0206.jpg
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_0210.jpg
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_0203.jpg

Shows that the rod used to seal Falz was hers. Which wouldn't be anything and of itself. Except.
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_0302.jpg
The mother ship is the same shape.
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/08/120821a_9901.jpg
And Red Ring Rico musing about Klein's rod fragments.

Take it as a grain of salt. I never made it through PSP2i, and don't know enough about Phantasy Star lore to really make a solid arguement that it really is the same place.

Kion
Nov 24, 2012, 11:31 AM
inb4 Zeno comes back somehow (Falz manifest whatever blahblah), and becomes the villain in 'Episode II' and is basically an Olga Flow knockoff

I'd say it's possible, since by seeing how similar-looking Falz is to his PSO form, SEGA just can't stop cranking that nostalgia.

I'm waiting to see the next Shina conversation. Up until chapter 7 you've been able to go back with the matterboard. I wonder if there will be a do over story mission.

But yeah, mid mission when Echo says, "Zeno you have to come back", you knew he was a goner :p

Jakosifer
Nov 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
This is the biggest Falz I've seen.

We're totally killing him Lavos style. ONE OF THOSE LITTLE SPACESHIPS IS ACTUAL FARZ.

Omega-z
Nov 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
At the moment It could be anywhere in time to PSO, PSU....etc. It could be a War Pre - PSO, Post War with the help of the altered time line form PSP2i , or after PSEP with PSU meeting Pre/Post PSO, or even from the Classic's/Zero at this rate. There is not enough data to go on at all to make any connection as of now still. There are still people we known nothing about. So far all I see is that they're finally getting to the story of why some of the thing's are there but not everything yet, even with the planet. Just the Arks related stuff so far which is like maybec 10% of the full story.

Arika
Nov 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
1. The characters before his name are 巨躯 (きょく) meaning large or grand. How ever what he seems to be saying is "Elder" in katakana. Thing about japanese characters is you can actually give them your own pronunciation. Like Light ライト written 月 in death note. Or Real リアル written as 現実 in Lover's Again by Exile. Since I didn't know where they were going with it, i put it to the side until I could see where they are gong with it.

2. 六芒均衡. 六芒星 means a six sided star and 均衡 means equilibrium. I have no idea what to make of this in english (hexabalance?). On the japanese wiki this is how it's described:

But basically it refers to the strongest six arks members. So I'm thinking maybe "Elite Six" or something?

1. On that part, so the name is something like Elder Faiz then? I couldn't hear his pronounce clearly either, but it is far from kyu-ku (きゅく)

2. I guess "six balance of the Arks" seem correct as direct translation. But in the most anime case, I usually hear their English word become something like "six pillars" instead. (since pillar refer to thing that hold the balance of the building)

Omega-z
Nov 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hmm, The whole 6 thing makes me wonder if there the one's who put Dulk Falz on Ragol with the "muut ditts poumn" spell they find on this planet from the reckage......A World Ship/Neo Plam/Noah? and reseal him with the 6 pillar's of Balance which Rico talk's about in PSO/ and finding fragment to boot too. Hmm it could mean that Shion could be Rico lol don't think so could be a bloodline of her (reason why the symbol on her badge). And has to fix the time line to help them (ia. The future group to win against Falz later). Which one of the two PSO time line's will stay is unclear, One has Falz completely gone and the other just destroyed until the next 1k year's but better character wise.:-? But Like I said before it's way to early to tell what everything is at this point and is just left to more likely Theory crafting then real Cannon, Which can be fun until we know for sure.

another thing is the traveling Arks seem to be more PSU in origin then PSO, just my 2 cents.

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
People tend to forget that there's more than one Dark Falz. While he is the same being, he has many different bodies. Hive-mind, etc.

Omega-z
Nov 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
^True which most of them are from the classic's/PSU all other's come from those two, They usually take the from of there Host bodies.

Zyrusticae
Nov 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Wow. So Clarice Clais is, at a minimum, at least 60 years old now? And she looks like THAT?

WHAT IS HER SECRET?! :O

XbikXBd
Nov 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
Well the last scene shows a glimpse of a alternate path like in the 1st episode. so maybe another out come could happen.

Omega-z
Nov 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Zyrusticae - I say Time travel, There's so much of it in this game makes you wonder or this Cryogenic Sleep for the time Falz break's free. Since they knew that the seal was very temporary.

NoiseHERO
Nov 24, 2012, 02:27 PM
We're totally killing him Lavos style. ONE OF THOSE LITTLE SPACESHIPS IS ACTUAL FARZ.

> spends episode 2 getting badass time traveling spaceship.

> Name's it "Regular Cruiser."

> crashes it into Dark Falz face and drives through to his core using the Time Travel warp speed.

> Ultimate showdown inside of his core.

Mysterious-G
Nov 24, 2012, 04:43 PM
Speculating at this point still is kind of pointless. Personally, I feel that they barely explained anything about the core of the story as of yet. I do, however, strongly believe PSO2 will play out to be a recreation of the classic series and PSIV, especially. And by that I mean it will mirror and mirror it only, not having any connection to the other games of the series.

One of the early trailers mentioned the Profound Darkness, which in the classic series was the ultimate evil sealed away behind the three planets as a seal. The seal was created and looked over by the Espers. The seal would weaken every 1000 years and a tiny bit of the Profound Darkness would leak out. This part was Dark Falz, seeking to destroy the planetary seals in order to free his complete self.

How could this mirror to PSO2?

In PSO2 the heroes sealed away Falz or maybe even the Profound Darkness after a long and tiring battle. Afterwards they created the Arks to oversee the seal they created, just like the Espers did. In case the seals ever were to break they created the giant arc (that looks like a sealing device as someone pointed out), which would be able to seal the Profound Darkness as a whole if it ever were necessary. I think the giant Dark Falz we saw in chapter 8 is still just a fragment of the Profound Darkness, which will eventually show itself in course of the game. What supports this theory? Well, we all know of the masked figure, which is really probable to be another Dark Falz since it looks just like possessed Gettemhart. This points to our giant friend just being one part of a complete whole together with the masked figure. I suspect the other two planets to hold one more seal each as well, just like in the classic series.

Well, that's my theory. I still don't believe in a connection between the PS continuties for various reasons. Only PSO seems like it could possibly be connected to PSO2, but even that is unlikely. Before Episode III, PSO could have played out to be a sequel to PSII (as was planned in early development stages), but after Episode III it became apparent they had given up on that idea: They had created a backstory for Falz that was just way too different from the classic series. Falz was permanently killed in Episode III, too. And since I think PSO2 is a recreation of the classic series that makes a connection between the two games unlikely to me.

Why no connection to the classic series, maybe this is a prequel to the old games?
No, Algol is way too different. Look at those planets.

Rien
Nov 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
Wow. So Clarice Clais is, at a minimum, at least 60 years old now? And she looks like THAT?

Photons.

Flame
Nov 24, 2012, 11:11 PM
could this story get any less interesting? It doesn't help that the in game engine cutscenes are embarrassing to watch. Where are the relatable characters you root for or a sense that you're involved in in something worthwhile. We still have no idea where the ARKS or Darkers come from or why we should care about any of this. I actually laughed when I heard that FOnewm character casually remark that they had defeated falz 40 years ago and sealed him away.

Who's writing this trash?

Kion
Nov 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
Who's writing this trash?

I don't think that's bad as the fact that pso came out 10 years ago and this is the best they can do? I don't think the story is bad as much as how it's presented. PSO's story was simple, but it was done indirectly meaning that you had to get a lot of the story through inferring information you gained from quests.

Since PSU there's been a huge gap between gameplay and story. You have the actual game which is a lot of fun to party up and play with friends. And then you have the story mode, which despite everyone being on the server, for some reason YOU are in the middle and YOUR character is the hero for no real reason at all. PSZ, PSP, PSP2 were all the same with your character being in the center of everything while not offering anything to the story which was driven by painfully boring anime cut scenes.

As bad as the story is, I could almost forgive it for being pieced together with a bunch of generic character. What really annoys me is the glaring plot holes in a lot of the quests.

Rojio: The tropical forest leads directly to tundra. This is extremely unusual.
Furrie: I'm going to go around on foot looking for the Lillipuffs. It's not like we have interstellar space travel or any technology that would assist in scanning for light forms.
Player: Yeah, there's some broken weapon with special properties. Let's just pick a fucking planet and start looking at random.
Aki: As you can see getting infected by the darkers has altered the behavior of the dragon clan.
Ghettemhalt: Yeah I have no back story, and no real explained reason for being a huge asshole. Why don't I break the seal on this unimaginable evil for no reason at all except that the plot requires it.

And did this annoy anyone else mid mission?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/stop_her.png
He's busy with three people: STOP HER!

Flame
Nov 25, 2012, 12:00 AM
IWhat really annoys me is the glaring plot holes in a lot of the quests.

Rojio: The tropical forest leads directly to tundra. This is extremely unusual.
Furrie: I'm going to go around on foot looking for the Lillipuffs. It's not like we have interstellar space travel or any technology that would assist in scanning for light forms.
Player: Yeah, there's some broken weapon with special properties. Let's just pick a fucking planet and start looking at random.
Aki: As you can see getting infected by the darkers has altered the behavior of the dragon clan.
Ghettemhalt: Yeah I have no back story, and no real explained reason for being a huge asshole. Why don't I break the seal on this unimaginable evil for no reason at all except that the plot requires it.

amen dude, nothing makes a lick of sense. It's like they have no plan or general idea of what this story is about. It's all just randomly placed cutscenes with npcs spouting gibberish.

Kinujou
Nov 25, 2012, 12:05 AM

Actually he wanted to release falz because he wanted to kill falz. I think his personality is near something like akuma from street fighter, who looks for strong people to beat/kill.

We still have no idea where the ARKS or Darkers come from or why we should care about any of this.

Arks came from the three heroes and three others, after falz was sealed the first time, as a way to keep the seal in check. They kept quiet about the seal in order to prevent people for trying to break it, which exactly what happens when Ghettemhalt finds out. He considers fighting something like the being that the source of all darkers a worthy challenge, so first thing he did after finding that info is...well...have the seal broken!

Flame
Nov 25, 2012, 12:14 AM
Arks came from the three heroes and three others, after falz was sealed the first time, as a way to keep the seal in check. They kept quiet about the seal in order to prevent people for trying to break it, which exactly what happens when Ghettemhalt finds out. He considers fighting something like the being that the source of all darkers a worthy challenge, so first thing he did after finding that info is...well...have the seal broken!

then there has GOT to be a way to deliver this story better. Also what do you mean by 3 heroes and 3 others? As opposed to 6 heroes. Also where was any of this stated?

Kinujou
Nov 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
then there has GOT to be a way to deliver this story better. Also what do you mean by 3 heroes and 3 others? As opposed to 6 heroes. Also where was any of this stated?

the six balances of the arks are the ones who started arks, after the three: Legalas, Kasura ,and Claris Cleis defeated dark falz. Since he was too powerful to actually kill/truely defeat, he was instead sealed with claris' weapon. (It's spectated thats why her weapon looks like a darkened version of the weapon you created, as well to why it was able to break the seal.)

The other three, Sara, Maria, and Huey, are considered the top three arks members alongside the last three, and make up the top six/grand six/six pillars/six whatever-sounds-elite-enough.

it's stated in the very translation in the first post, the part about the falz sealing and the ones founding arks. As for the six themselves, there are event tabs that give info about them, and you meet each one of through them.

Flame
Nov 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
the six balances of the arks are the ones who started arks, after the three: Legalas, Kasura ,and Claris Cleis defeated dark falz. Since he was too powerful to actually kill/truely defeat, he was instead sealed with claris' weapon. (It's spectated thats why her weapon looks like a darkened version of the weapon you created, as well to why it was able to break the seal.)

The other three, Sara, Maria, and Huey, are considered the top three arks members alongside the last three, and make up the top six/grand six/six pillars/six whatever-sounds-elite-enough.

it's stated in the very translation in the first post, the part about the falz sealing and the ones founding arks. As for the six themselves, there are event tabs that give info about them, and you meet each one of through them.

so arks was founded. . .by some teenagers? Who haven't aged in 40 years?

Maronji
Nov 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
And did this annoy anyone else mid mission?
[spoiler-box]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/stop_her.png[/spoiler-box]
He's busy with three people: STOP HER!

Well, if I thought about it from a roleplaying perspective, I'd be worried about my friends, who are fighting an egotistical, battle-hungry maniac that's trying to unleash a powerful force that none of us could even begin to understand. Every second I spend not helping them is another second they could get hurt, or even worse, killed, and that's the last thing I'd want to happen, if I could so avoid it.

Then there's the matter of Shina. Okay, yeah, I could try to stop her, but can I stop her? Will I have to go through her as well to end this insanity, as much as I don't want to? I don't think she's a bad person on the inside, but Gettemhalt/whatever is a terrible influence on her. Even if I could stop her, can I do it in time to save my friends? Or, the alternative, would stopping her just play into the enemy's hands anyway?

There's no way to tell, no way to be sure. You can't be certain that you can stop her, and you can't be certain that stopping her would end it then and there. Unless both of them were dealt with before they could escape (assuming that stopping Shina doesn't screw you from the get-go) and it was ensured that they can't try to do it again, that element of uncertainty remains. Unless you're a battle-hardened badass or have sealed away your emotions, only striving to complete the mission using whatever means necessary, you're probably just another soldier, another face in the crowd that got dragged into this mess whether you liked it or not. If you ended up in that situation and were forced to make a choice, there's no way of knowing if you'd be ready to make the right one or not.

...Okay, I dragged that one on longer than I meant to, but chances are you know where I'm going with this by now. I'm not trying to defend the way they made this play out (they probably could've done much more with this, given the time, resources, and a little creativity). I'm just... trying to give a different perspective on how you can view the situation.

In other news... I've really gotta go back and hit up the other two story paths, but... I'm kinda caught up trying to beat Little Busters right now (just the last two routes left, so I'm almost there), and I'm honestly not looking forward to fighting either the Fang or the Snow duo...

I won't lie. That whole "sealed Dark Falz 40 years ago" thing with how they look at this point in time still has me thinking in circles.

Any chances that someone can shed some insight on this?

Kion
Nov 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
Well, if I thought about it from a roleplaying perspective, I'd be worried about my friends, who are fighting an egotistical, battle-hungry maniac that's trying to unleash a powerful force that none of us could even begin to understand. Every second I spend not helping them is another second they could get hurt, or even worse, killed, and that's the last thing I'd want to happen, if I could so avoid it.

Any chances that someone can shed some insight on this?

Well you can get one or two friends killed by some guy. Or you can let an unimaginable evil wreak havoc on billions of billions of people.

And for the three heros who defeated Falz. The word Kazura uses when explaining that is 初代, meaning either the first, or foundation. He uses that word to describe each character individually. For this I also brushed it off until I had more material to compare it with. The other option is maybe they're all robots?

Kyra Tierney
Nov 25, 2012, 06:20 AM
Clarissa must be a time traveller, it also explains why are there two of her rods.

On the topic of time travel: Xeno survives, goes back in time and tries to find the rod before player does it and goes as far as trying to kill him/her if it helps to prevent Dark Phallus' revival.

Rien
Nov 25, 2012, 07:58 AM

We've seen photon manipulation do a lot of shit.

I really don't see how it can't stop aging.

King_Rappy
Nov 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
I guess since he refers to himself as "Elder" Dark Falz, that would mean his true form is the enemy labeled in the game's files as "dpfishelder." Presumably in episode 2 we'll fight the insect-type Dark Falz.

The keywords in the original PSO2 reveal trailer mention a sealed Dark Falz, an indignant Dark Falz, and a pure Dark Falz.

So that's one out of the way. The second is most likely the insect one, and the third... Well, I don't know if it's pure as in purified or pure as in pure evil. So who knows. The trailer also mentions the Profound Darkness but who knows if we'll fight him.

As for the ageless 6 pillars, maybe they use something like the newman anti-aging cream from PSO episode 3?

One last thing: Why does everyone keep calling that CAST Legalas? It's Regias or Legias. I don't know how one gets レガラス from レギアス. Same with Claris Cleiss/Kleiss becoming Claris Klein.

ShinMaruku
Nov 25, 2012, 10:39 PM

She's a witch. :E

Kion
Nov 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
As for the ageless 6 pillars, maybe they use something like the newman anti-aging cream from PSO episode 3?

Here's what Kasura says that really has me confused as to how to translate it.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/confuse.png

He adds 初代 in front of each person's name. So it could be "first generation Kasura", ect. But It's hard to make sense out of unless there's more story context to compare it to. I still have matter board 7 & 8 to translate so maybe that will offer some clues. It's definitely weird that none of them would age. I've definitely seen a trend in anime where everyone is young to appeal to the target audience. I feel like the original Gundam had a range of older character, and then in Gundam Seed Destiny everyone looks 25 years old.

One last thing: Why does everyone keep calling that CAST Legalas? It's Regias or Legias. I don't know how one gets レガラス from レギアス. Same with Claris Cleiss/Kleiss becoming Claris Klein.

That's mostly my bad. I'm bad with names in real life in general and I hate katakana with a passion. I called Ghettmhalt, "Ghettmurt" for a while mostly because I look more at the content of what people are saying rather than being too focused on the proper way to write each person's name. So think of those wrong names as short notation for rough translation purposes. I'll fix the first post once I get home from work today.

Also I have to say thanks to everyone that's posted in this thread. I'm mostly going for rough translations so that the community get's a sense of what s going on in the story. The constructive criticism brought up in this thread has really improved the quality of aspects that I overlook. I know not everyone is a fan of spoilers on the same page, but I really plan on making a new topic for every chapter that comes out as the input is really helping a lot!

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2012, 01:18 AM
Well, if I thought about it from a roleplaying perspectiv-

I don't consider any of these dweeb story characters my friends, and I'm sure most of my real friends can solo gettumfart if they felt like it.

So I'd go with common sense and tackle the emo boob loli doing her cliche ancient language murmuring the words that'll bring about a galaxy wide apocalypse.

Kion
Nov 26, 2012, 01:30 AM
Plus I mean, you could whack her on the back of the head, take the rod and run, push her out of the way. It doesn't seem like stopping her would take any longer than a couple of seconds.

Renvalt
Nov 26, 2012, 01:49 AM
Assuming of course she doesn't take out her own weapon and blast you once she wakes up (and that also factors in whether Gettemhalt notices you or not - high odds he will considering how much the asshole seems to fawn over Shina).

Did anyone even notice how he was screaming for Shina at the end before Dark Falz completely possessed him? It almost sounded like fright - kinda like remorse, in a way.

Also, Shina ain't dead - she's just comatose and critically injured (Gettem's punch had to puncture a few organs at the very least).

And regarding Legias, is it bad of me to call him Regulus instead of Legalas (or Legolas, as I know some Derpheads may call him)?

Rien
Nov 26, 2012, 02:02 AM
Here's what Kasura says that really has me confused as to how to translate it.
He adds 初代 in front of each person's name. So it could be "first generation Kasura", ect. But It's hard to make sense out of unless there's more story context to compare it to. I still have matter board 7 & 8 to translate so maybe that will offer some clues. It's definitely weird that none of them would age. I've definitely seen a trend in anime where everyone is young to appeal to the target audience. I feel like the original Gundam had a range of older character, and then in Gundam Seed Destiny everyone looks 25 years old.

If he's using Shodai Kasura/Claris/Regius, it can imply that they are not the originals, but rather reincarnations of some sort, making them the Nidai (second generation) version. This can be backed up by Kasura not referring to himself but rather his name with Shodai in front of it.

Perhaps there's some sort of ability to transfer a soul into another body, making this plot somewhat like the anime Kiddy Grade, where the two heroines constantly have spiritual successors who share the same power.

Also for the pronounciation of Claris/Klaris' name, if Patty, Tia/Tea, Jean/Jan and Kasura's voices are anything to go by, her name would be pronounced "Claris Creiss" (replace C with K if you want)

Alenoir
Nov 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
The Rokubousei "names" are passed down whenever a new one becomes that position IIRC. This was info given to you from Patty/Tia back in like the first or second chapter of the story. (I thiiiink it was one of the field event plates in blue.)

Kion
Nov 26, 2012, 02:48 AM
Looks like my unwillingness to translate "non-essential" blue events has come back to bite me in the ass. Mystery solved.

Edit: Back from work. First post updated with edited content.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
Assuming of course she doesn't take out her own weapon and blast you-

No.

They're both noob.

Just give her a blow to the neck with your truck sized sword, then combo this cunt to death if he tries to moon atomize her. If she can be brought back to life without a head.

That's my roll playing perspective!

Not like this game needs anymore weird looking douchebags with anime longcoats and big boobed lolis.

Zyrusticae
Nov 26, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure his name would transliterate to "Legius" (it's an actual word, same pronunciation). And I suspect her name is Clarice Kreiss as, again, both Clarice and Kreiss are actual names (though Claris was once in use, it's really just a corruption of Clarice and considerably less common).

And that thing about the name being passed down... certainly makes a lot of sense. Ah, the things you miss when you don't read everything...

Renvalt
Nov 27, 2012, 02:30 AM
No.

They're both noob.

Just give her a blow to the neck with your truck sized sword, then combo this cunt to death if he tries to moon atomize her. If she can be brought back to life without a head.

I was talking about a cheap shot from Gettemhalt - the way I see the whole Gettem x Shina bit just before Falz-ation occurred, is that Gettemhalt was chickening out. In which case he's an even bigger douche than I thought. Glad I got locked out of my account in that case.

Not like this game needs anymore weird looking douchebags with anime longcoats and big boobed lolis.

Hers can't be any bigger than the crimesack that is Matoi-chan (and she doesn't even do much in the first place) or, dare I say this, Uruk? I mean, hell, I can come up with a number of NPCs who have bigger racks than Shina (hers aren't the biggest, from what I've seen).

Forget that question, why the hell are you so concerned with anime stereotypes when you ain't even Japanese? It's not like America gives a shit about 2D Entertainment anyways - and they certainly don't give a damn about 3D unless the actors are real people or they can blow up some demonic terrorists along the way (which most of the time happen to be Muslim).

tl;dr - Gettemhalt's a cowardly douche, Shina's outcold, Echo's a whiny overcliche, and Dark Falz threatens us to destroy us all. End of story.

Kion
Nov 27, 2012, 02:46 AM
End of story.

Or is it? I was thinking that we see that we see in this chapter that Ghettemhalt get's purple hair and is about the same height and size of the masked man. I was thinking the masked man was a different person entirely since they met in chapter two. But if the masked man really is Ghettemhalt, then he's out searching for part's of Clarisa's rod which his past self is after anyways which brought him into existence into the first place anyways....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APH1LIJaq7A

Renvalt
Nov 27, 2012, 03:33 AM
@Kion - I was trying to be snide towards Rock saying this:

Since I can tell he's the kind who wouldn't bother to read one of my long-ass rants, because he's too busy insulting Japanese stereotypes and playing games like CoD with immature little kids (Note: I'm blowing this second one WAY out of proportion because I don't know Rock, but his attitude says to me he isn't very mature).

That's what the tl;dr was meant for, because I thought it'd blow over the whole sentence above it.

Sp-24
Nov 27, 2012, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that the masked man is Zeno.

Kion
Nov 27, 2012, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that the masked man is Zeno.

So Zeno goes back in time to stop player from getting the rod? So then Shion is there to make sure the player got the weapon fixed by Zig so it could be stolen by Ghettemhalt?

And if Zeno went back in time to stop Ghettemhalt, then at worst he could have gone to the monument to stop Shina from breaking the seal because he knew where his past self would be at the time and place and yet he doesn't?

Sp-24
Nov 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
Well, I'm almost certain that a super-mysterious darker who knows you, masks his face and voice from you, Eko and Zeno and uses a generic sword that looks just like Zeno's is the same guy who recently heroically sacrificed himself but hasn't been confirmed to be dead. He most likely got brainwashed and sent to the past by Falz, and not on his own will.

ShilohSham
Nov 28, 2012, 10:52 PM
As for Zeno being the masked man it could be, but more or less I believe PSO2 to be a reboot. as while It has elements of the older games. A lotta events have change or are outta place but that just my guess.

I know that Falz hunar was name seal 1 of 3 darkness or something like that in the game files, from data miners. so I really don't think we get just dark falz as a final boss or will the story even be near the end

tinfoil hats on I foresee at 3 arcs

1 of dark falz
1 of olga flow
1 of The Profound Darkness

But that just a guess

Link1275
Nov 28, 2012, 11:33 PM
As for Zeno being the masked man it could be, but more or less I believe PSO2 to be a reboot. as while It has elements of the older games. A lotta events have change or are outta place but that just my guess.

I know that Falz hunar was name seal 1 of 3 darkness or something like that in the game files, from data miners. so I really don't think we get just dark falz as a final boss or will the story even be near the end

tinfoil hats on I foresee at 3 arcs

1 of dark falz
1 of olga flow
1 of The Profound Darkness

But that just a guess
Problem, Olga was Heathcliff Flowen after he was mutated and had a computer shoved in him.

ShilohSham
Nov 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Problem, Olga was Heathcliff Flowen after he was mutated and had a computer shoved in him.

That is why I view PSO2 as a REBOOT ^^ also there just guesses. any tid bit could be wrong or off

Renvalt
Nov 29, 2012, 03:11 AM
So Zeno goes back in time to stop player from getting the rod? So then Shion is there to make sure the player got the weapon fixed by Zig so it could be stolen by Ghettemhalt?

And if Zeno went back in time to stop Ghettemhalt, then at worst he could have gone to the monument to stop Shina from breaking the seal because he knew where his past self would be at the time and place and yet he doesn't?

The Law of Unavoidable Undeniability: No matter how much you know about something in time, there's no changing it 100%.Taken from a Twilight Zone story about a man in 18th Century America who gets catapulted into the few days before Abe Lincoln's death and yet cannot prevent HIS death, but somehow manages to change the fate of one of the servants whose father was a police officer during the incident.

Zeno may have known about Dark Falz coming back, and he might have been catapulted back to make sure Clarisa didn't end up in Zig's hands, but it did anyways. The one thing we DID do, however, was somehow create some kind of possibility (most likely through Matoi's rescue) to actually make Falz wish he hadn't come back (AKA kill him).

This whole affair started when we let our fear blind us to Matoi's cries for help (which were snuffed out by Darkers when we got done with Afin's shit), then Shion shows up somehow to give us a second chance at saving the future (one in which I assume Dark Falz destroys the entirety of the ARKS, including Oracle) through rescuing Matoi.

I have a STRONG feeling Matoi's going to play into this heavily somehow. We didn't rescue her for no reason - that girl was probably scared shitless straight into amnesia - and it's taking her a good while to recover. Whatever Matoi knows about Dark Falz is obviously going to be the key to resetting the future.

So while we couldn't change the key point in the Apocalypse Timeline, we COULD change the end result of what occurs AFTER Falz' rebirth. And Matoi holds all the answers to how we can do it.

Sp-24
Nov 29, 2012, 04:46 AM
Well, obviously Matoi has something to do with the story, if rescuing her is so important, and she feels the need to remind you that she still can't remember anything for the entire duration of the story. Also, if all Phantasy Star games are of any indication, Dark Falz cannot be killed, destroyed, or otherwise not recycled into every single Phantasy Star game ever.

I get a feeling that Matoi herself is either a key to sealing Dark Falz or is a part of Falz, and you will be supposed to feel bad about either sacrificing or just losing a pointless character when the time comes.

gigawuts
Nov 29, 2012, 05:16 AM
Well, obviously Matoi has something to do with the story, if rescuing her is so important, and she feels the need to remind you that she still can't remember anything for the entire duration of the story. Also, if all Phantasy Star games are of any indication, Dark Falz cannot be killed, destroyed, or otherwise not recycled into every single Phantasy Star game ever.

I get a feeling that Matoi herself is either a key to sealing Dark Falz or is a part of Falz, and you will be supposed to feel bad about either sacrificing or just losing a pointless character when the time comes.

Spoilers for PSO1 in this.

Man, this is such an ongoing theme too. In PSO1 rico was an integral part of the story without ever being seen except at the end, but this matoi character is standing around being meaningless all along. They're really missing their opportunity to make the character remotely important, aside from the invariable deus ex moment. Rico had that whole thing where you never even had a choice, but instead were too late. How late? It could've been days, minutes, it's never said (Or was that explosion in the intro her conversion? I've heard multiple theories on that, but my interpretation is that since communications were working until that explosion then it was just him fully busting out of the ship, setting everything haywire, which would have been when Rico went off to investigate what was going on. In my mind the player is all of a few hours short of catching up to Rico).

Matoi, though? Already saved, still not caring. Throw her in the fire, I don't give a fuck. I have zero investment in this character. I'd be more upset about losing Hans, at least that dude gives enough of a shit to contact me from time to time.

Matoi is what really seals the deal for me with "they're phoning this shit in every patch."

Kion
Nov 29, 2012, 05:39 AM
Matoi, though? Already saved, still not caring. Throw her in the fire, I don't give a fuck. I have zero investment in this character. I'd be more upset about losing Hans, at least that dude gives enough of a shit to contact me from time to time.

Matoi is what really seals the deal for me with "they're phoning this shit in every patch."

That's kind of what gets into me. In one of the matterboard events Shion comments that something happened to Ghettemhalt 10 years ago and he stopped trusting people. Which is why she wants to help him. When unsealing dark falz Ghettemhalt says that he wants to destroy falz. It's like part of what happened 10 years ago, and his character may have reasons for unsealing falz, but none of this information has been presented to the player at all. And the story just comes off as derived and cliche. The content seems like it's there, i wish they were doing a better job of telling it.

Renvalt
Nov 29, 2012, 05:49 AM
Spoilers for PSO1 in this.

Man, this is such an ongoing theme too. In PSO1 rico was an integral part of the story without ever being seen except at the end, but this matoi character is standing around being meaningless all along. They're really missing their opportunity to make the character remotely important, aside from the invariable deus ex moment. Rico had that whole thing where you never even had a choice, but instead were too late. How late? It could've been days, minutes, it's never said (Or was that explosion in the intro her conversion? I've heard multiple theories on that, but my interpretation is that since communications were working until that explosion then it was just him fully busting out of the ship, setting everything haywire, which would have been when Rico went off to investigate what was going on. In my mind the player is all of a few hours short of catching up to Rico).

What I really hope they don't do with Echo is turn her into some mopey female. Zeno's gone, but is he gone for good? Will Echo throw a fit over it? Will Zeno go out in style or lame as he ever was?

Really, I'm starting to wonder if Japan's trying to brainwash us using moe-fied sex appeal in order to make us Westerners too addicted to their shit. I don't hate Japan, but some of the shit humans do sometimes makes me wonder if we aren't our own worst enemy.

But yeah, for Matoi to be absent for, what, 7 episodes - truly a sign of plot fail.

Sp-24
Nov 29, 2012, 06:00 AM
This has nothing to do with "us" - PSO2 is oriented on Japan first, and this includes plot structure and delivery and character templates and development that Japanese (apparently) like more than we do.

This plot is one of so many reasons why I think that the international version of the game is going to be a throwaway piece of crap, and yes, I'm going there again, sorry.

Renvalt
Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
This has nothing to do with "us" - PSO2 is oriented on Japan first, and this includes plot structure and delivery and character templates and development that Japanese (apparently) like more than we do.

Given what I've seen of a good amount of today's gamer population (remember, we 90s gamers don't exactly count anymore, at least not when it comes to the money makers in the marketing schemes), the only plots that interest them only work if a single character looks good, is male, preferrably has some derpy attack (read as Naruto/Bleach) - OR, it tends to use its plot as a scapegoat for wars that never make sense (looking at you, CoD)....

I read a story a bit ago about how women gamers are speaking out about how sexually biased the industry is (this article is unrelated to the topic, well, sorta), and that men seem to view the females of the virtual world as nothing more than sex symbols. It shows a pretty good picture of most American gamers (I can't say for certain that stuff like this happens in Japan as bad as it does over here) that they think video games are for men only, and that any women who play games are rare treasures that they apparently "fight" over to get the right to "claim" them, if you know what I mean.

It's really sad. People's minds refuse to embrace creativity, or the desire of someone to try something different. It's like we desire this "image" of perfection that must always be maintained, lest some hacker dweeb decide to say "Do wut I say or ur server goez down cuz mah bother taught me how to take down servers" and then actually have the intelligence (or lack thereof) to follow through on it.

This plot is one of so many reasons why I think that the international version of the game is going to be a throwaway piece of crap, and yes, I'm going there again, sorry.

I can agree with you there - only because I think Americans are divided into two groups - those who are nostalgia fags and those who worship CoD/WoW as the pinnacles of gaming without, y'know, really giving a damn to get good at said games.

There will be those who will play it as Mystery MMO X of the Year and then there are those who will play it expecting the possible rebirth of Nei/Rika/Alys/etc. and not get it. Both will quit, but for totally different reasons.