PDA

View Full Version : I can't kill Quartz Dragon

Zyrusticae
Nov 23, 2012, 09:32 PM
Seriously, I just can't. On my fighter, anyways. I've tried so many times now and the bastard just gets me right before the end with the 4-hit combo (which only needs to land three times to KO me) or the stupid artillery laser barrage that barely even has a tell. I even got a dagger with poison III just to weaken the damn thing, but nope, can't kill the bugger fast enough.

Where is everybody!? Why is no one joining my games!? I can't kill this damn thing alone, goddammit! Even the bots are completely useless! AND I HAVE TO KILL THIS THING SEVEN TIMES! ARRRRGH!

Rika-chan
Nov 23, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'd help you, but I'm not on the same ship :<

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
His artillery laser has a massive tell. He shrieks very loudly and distinctly (different from any other shriek) before he does it. Don't feel bad about it, I know a few people that have...issues with good ol' Cutie (cutie = QD =Quartz Dragon).

Also, if you would like assistance, I'll help you. I was about to log on.

Gold Saw
Nov 23, 2012, 09:39 PM
I can solo the dragon on my gunner. I'm on ship 10 though otherwise I would have no problem helping you beat him.

Zyrusticae
Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, I know classes other than hunter/fighter have an easier time with him, thank you very much.

JUST PUT AN END TO MY MISERY OHMIGAAAWD I'VE BEEN AT THIS FOR TWO HOURS AND STILL NOTHING

My last run I died at the very beginning from a whack and two lasers (YAY CONFUSE!), LOL at that one. Good fucking grief.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
I'll help if you need it

I recommend getting a third person too

Jakosifer
Nov 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
It's easy enough once you figure out patterns and tells, once you do that its the most fun boss in the game. AND I CAN SEE THAT YOU GOOD YOU GOOD.

Purple Lamplight
Nov 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
abloo bloo bloo i cant kill quartz dragon i need a party
Then go find a party to do it with you

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
We still have one more spot open in our party, Block 20.

Shinmarizu
Nov 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
Lots of step attacks, and chipping away. I'm not sure what your main weapon is as Fighter, only that it takes time and practice (as it is with all things). Especially for Fighter/Hunter or Hunter/Fighter.

Oh, and at least you only need 7 of him. I need... far more than that.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
We still have one more spot open in our party, Block 20.

"Party in limited area"

yunamon
Nov 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
Follow this pattern for massive damage on QD-chan:

Right Wing > Left Wing > Tail > Horn.

Break them ALL!

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
"Party in limited area"

you've gotta catch us before we hit area 3.

vPharaohv
Nov 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
You could try this strategy: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDUyOTEwMTAw.html

gravityvx
Nov 24, 2012, 12:03 AM
Just for the record, you should take out it's wings first with daggers(nearly impossible for it to hit you up there), use Raging Waltz to get up there and whatever other PAs on it after. Then work on its horn with sword while just guarding anything it throws at you, the only thing you really need to dodge are the lasers if it caught you at long range, and when it uses those thrusters to smash into the ground. Is actually really simple after you get the hang of it.

Lostbob117
Nov 24, 2012, 12:10 AM
Do you not have friends on pso2 at anytime? I mean honestly there has been two meet ups for psow just grab random friends and ask for help from them when you need it, I'm sure someone will help you.

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2012, 12:11 AM
We already completed all the Quartzes he needed.

Lostbob117
Nov 24, 2012, 12:15 AM
We already completed all the Quartzes he needed.

Still what I said should help him in the future to avoid making another topic and maybe asking friends on pso2 or maybe his team. (If he's in one.) If it does not tell him he should start doing that then, that is sad.

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2012, 12:20 AM
Your insight is deeply appreciated, thank you.

.Jack
Nov 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
B-38 is the VH FC Block. There's usually a good-sized if not full MPA going on there most of the times and those dragons tend to spawn there quite a lot.

Syklo
Nov 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
It's easy enough once you figure out patterns and tells, once you do that its the most fun boss in the game.\

I have yet to unlock very hard mode but I find this statement true to me, even on just hard mode :)
(And I'm also a fighter)

Keii
Nov 24, 2012, 03:41 AM
Where is everybody!? Why is no one joining my games!? I can't kill this damn thing alone, goddammit! Even the bots are completely useless! AND I HAVE TO KILL THIS THING SEVEN TIMES! ARRRRGH!
I told you I'll help! :P
Just make that twitter account already/start using the one you have and shoot shoot me a tweet (https://twitter.com/Hasemo).

Rien
Nov 24, 2012, 06:45 AM
His artillery laser has a massive tell. He shrieks very loudly and distinctly (different from any other shriek) before he does it. Don't feel bad about it, I know a few people that have...issues with good ol' Cutie (cutie = QD =Quartz Dragon).

Also, if you would like assistance, I'll help you. I was about to log on.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/6VMLd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Is it cute now?

NoiseHERO
Nov 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
How to beat quartz with fighter:

>stand next to his neck(His BS melee attacks never reach me there + I do most damage from there) and tornado dance/d'arch the fuck out of him 2 or 3 times then run like a little girl before he stunlock kills you.

>Repeat until you're sure it's time to whip out the daggers.

>Possibly die anyway and get a friend to help.

Z-0
Nov 24, 2012, 09:20 AM
I personally think RA is much worse because RA dodge is garbage hughughughughugh. Yeah, yeah, Weak Bullet, but it only gets you so far you know, it's not an insta-win button. Still not hard, but it's much easier to solo on Hunter/Fighter by far (unless you get a boss that's pretty much sleeping).

Also, Daggers. :\ Much easier to solo him using Double Sabers, simply because Deadly Archer is ranged, the charge can be cancelled and the attack itself is much faster than the dagger PAs, thus allowing you to cancel with Step faster. Barring that, use Sword with Just Guard. And unless you're interested in Quartz Souls, no point making the effort to break all the parts.

gravityvx
Nov 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Will leave this here too, my fighter vs quartz :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbtP3O3N08

lagnarok
Nov 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Here is one of my teammates Soloing with Hu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6MZk-zWbE&feature=plcp

It was restricted play (SoA style they call) with no armors, etc.

Macman
Nov 24, 2012, 12:45 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/6VMLd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Is it cute now?
The fact that it has a totally unfitting anime loli voice in the story mode makes this picture so much weirder.

MissMalice
Nov 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not really leveling Fighter anymore, so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I recently found out that the Twin Dagger shift action (the spinny jump thing) is actually a dodge. I haven't mastered the timing down, but here's a short clip of Sephira's Fighter using the shift action to dodge the laser beams~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzyZWvxt7TM

mommy_cornelia
Nov 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
here you have another solo QD battle, as HU tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRf86n_awn0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRf86n_awn0

Zyrusticae
Nov 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Man, these videos just make me feel bad.

(I don't even have Just Guard, either, so...)

Doesn't matter tho, because I'm done FOREVER. I AM NEVER FIGHTING THAT STUPID THING EVER AGAIN AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Lordie, people didn't miss a beat to come in here and show off their l33t sl<illz or whatever.

But yeah, you should get Just Guard.

gigawuts
Nov 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
Man, these videos just make me feel bad.

(I don't even have Just Guard, either, so...)

Doesn't matter tho, because I'm done FOREVER. I AM NEVER FIGHTING THAT STUPID THING EVER AGAIN AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

Don't feel bad man, I have a hard time with it too. In my case I'll be cruising through just fine until I get hit with one of his dashes after a barely mistimed dodge. This dash will either A.) hit me twice, killing me, because that bug is bullshit and never fails to veaporize me with 2x 500+ hits when one normal dash barely breaks 400 most of the time, or B.) hit me with a dash, turn back around and hit the ground and me, sending me up again, pull out, then hit the ground and me a third time so that before I even touch the ground to do absolutely anything about it I'm dead.

Stun and flinch are bullshit in this game. PSO1 added invulnerability after a 25%+ damage hit for a reason: stun and flinch are bullshit.

As for everyone posting their uberleet videos, yeah, most of us do that just fine too until we get hit with one single attack that stunlocks us into 2-4 more hits. No amount of skillz will allow you to do anything differently after you've been stunlocked, either via being knocked airborne or otherwise. And yes, everyone makes mistakes. Even everyone posting videos here.

Flame
Nov 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
Don't feel bad man, I have a hard time with it too. In my case I'll be cruising through just fine until I get hit with one of his dashes after a barely mistimed dodge. This dash will either A.) hit me twice, killing me, because that bug is bullshit and never fails to veaporize me with 2x 500+ hits when one normal dash barely breaks 400 most of the time, or B.) hit me with a dash, turn back around and hit the ground and me, sending me up again, pull out, then hit the ground and me a third time so that before I even touch the ground to do absolutely anything about it I'm dead.

Stun and flinch are bullshit in this game. PSO1 added invulnerability after a 25%+ damage hit for a reason: stun and flinch are bullshit.

As for everyone posting their uberleet videos, yeah, most of us do that just fine too until we get hit with one single attack that stunlocks us into 2-4 more hits. No amount of skillz will allow you to do anything differently after you've been stunlocked, either via being knocked airborne or otherwise. And yes, everyone makes mistakes. Even everyone posting videos here.

You just don't have the skillz to beat what is clearly a perfectly balanced boss in a perfectly balanced game. Just look for his CALL SIGNS. After all, every attack in the game CAN be dodged if you have enough practice.

ahem

I haven't even attempted fighting quartz dragon alone. Heaven help me when the day comes that I need to.

gravityvx
Nov 24, 2012, 04:25 PM

No one has said anyone was uberleet, pretty sure everyone in here was being pretty helpful posting those videos. In every single one you can clearly see different ways to kill the dragon solo, and can very clearly see how the dragon reacts before each of it's special attacks which is very helpful to anyone unfamiliar with those. Obviously people make mistakes, and seeing different ways to handle a situation lessens the chance you make those said mistakes after you put what you've seen and read into action and get more experience. As for stunlocking bosses, I'm completely fine with them being able to completely destroy you at any given moment, makes the battles much more fun & intense. :)

gigawuts
Nov 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
I didn't realize uberleet was ever anything but a sarcastic term.

And you're fine with being stunlocked into death, okay cool. Go you. I never said you weren't. I said I wasn't. It's frustrating to be stunlocked repeatedly when you're tired at the end of a day and none of your friends are online to help you, and you really don't feel like dealing with idiot weeaboos idledancing in the lobby.

gravityvx
Nov 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
I have no idea what the hell the lobby has to do with anything at all, but it sounds like you're implying you don't like bosses stun locking you just because you're tired? Alright then. If it's frustrating to fight a boss that you don't want to put effort into killing just because you're "tired" then your best course of action would be to not fight it, find randoms to help, or I suppose make more friends. But it's definitely not bullshit for bosses to be lethal as piss easy as the rest of this game is.

gigawuts
Nov 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
Why, thank you for your unsolicited advice. I knew I could rely on PSOW to tell me how to do things with regards to the way I enjoy games and the things I enjoy in them, and gracing me with their wisdom on how to solve a problem I did not ask for advice for and solved a while ago before the persons in question even knew I had it.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
I actually need to get this done as well. If I had come in sooner I would've assisted to kill two (actually seven) birds (/dragons) with one stone (or four players).

Syklo
Nov 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
Also, Daggers. :\ Much easier to solo him using Double Sabers, simply because Deadly Archer is ranged, the charge can be cancelled and the attack itself is much faster than the dagger PAs, thus allowing you to cancel with Step faster. Barring that, use Sword with Just Guard. And unless you're interested in Quartz Souls, no point making the effort to break all the parts.
Actually, breaking both wings will cause QD to crash when it performs its "Super-sky-attack" (where she flies off-map), similar behaviour to breaking vol dragon's tail.
Also, I find daggers much more effective than double sabers (I've yet to fight with DS though,) mainly because attacks in midair are cancellable with the weapon action (shift)

I'm not really leveling Fighter anymore, so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I recently found out that the Twin Dagger shift action (the spinny jump thing) is actually a dodge. I haven't mastered the timing down, but here's a short clip of Sephira's Fighter using the shift action to dodge the laser beams~

I'm not sure what you thought it was before but it's technically a point-blank 360° attack, mainly used to parry.
ALL Dagger slashes can parry attacks, as well as some double saber slashes. This is why you may see a "Just guard" effect when using a normal attack combo (and it's also why Orchestra is that much awesome, since you'll parry attacks in front of you about 80% of the time you're using it,).

And a neat tip for dagger users: When on the ground, the shift action (twirl) can be used twice in a row, extending the duration of your "parry". This is because the first twirl actually puts you airbourne (hence, the twirl acts as a "jump" for TD gear), and since you're airbourne, you can still twirl again, however the lag phase that comes after twirling airbourne will most likely put you back on ground and render your incapable of action for a little short of a second.

MissMalice
Nov 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure what you thought it was before but it's technically a point-blank 360° attack, mainly used to parry.
ALL Dagger slashes can parry attacks, as well as some double saber slashes. This is why you may see a "Just guard" effect when using a normal attack combo (and it's also why Orchestra is that much awesome, since you'll parry attacks in front of you about 80% of the time you're using it,).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/132235237564.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

This is why I don't play Fighter anymore. c:

Skyly HUmar
Nov 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Heres a couple tips for ya.

His missiles dont reach under his belly so you can constantly attack there, if hes doing the 4 hit combo Just Guard it, block the first, move one step up and take advantage of the invincibility to avoid the second hit, guard the third and the fourth wont hit you. Or if youre using daggers just dash twards his legs. When he does the light rain he will do a wierd roar thats your cue to run, or time your dagger block just right and you can block all of it.

Syklo
Nov 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/132235237564.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

This is why I don't play Fighter anymore. c:
eh, whatever suits you i guess..

Coatl
Nov 25, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just guarding with daggers is easier than just guarding with any other HU weapon.
You get a pretty obvious 360 degree window lol.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
Just guarding with daggers is easier than just guarding with any other HU weapon.
You get a pretty obvious 360 degree window lol.

The 360 does help alot, but the timing is a little more picky. If you got it its all good though XP.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2012, 04:01 PM
A properly timed dagger parry will both dodge, and then do a no-damage, no-pp guard that extends into another guard for each consecutive hit. This is practically DESIGNED for fighting quartz.

Coatl
Nov 26, 2012, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c

Or just do this.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
PSO2 Quartz Dragon Punchout - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c)

Or just do this.

Takes.. for EVUUUURRRRR

And why's it called punchout if she ain't usin' punchout fists. D:

and why isn't n*gga stole my bike playing in the background. D:

But yeah, dat neck blind spot. Just watch out for that laser rain that you're never gonna dodge from there if your connection sucks.

Syklo
Nov 27, 2012, 12:59 AM
After about 7 tries, finally got the hang of QD on VH...

Pretty cool to watch myself spin in slow-mo while blocking QD's light rain :)