PDA

View Full Version : December Tidbits: Weapon Abilities (Not Affixes)

Heat Haze
Nov 26, 2012, 01:40 PM
Courtesy of Bumped.org.

PSO2 JP: December Tidbits

This post is updating live and will change as more information is gathered.

Aside from the long list of gameplay changes mentioned previously, a few new features are planned for the December update.

Weapon Potential Abilities:

Certain weapons have hidden special abilities.
It is unknown at this time if it applies to all weapons.
The current example they gave was for “Ardillou”
Ardillou has a hidden ability called “Instant Load?” or “Instant Trigger?” (Not sure on exact name.)
This increases the Just Attack Power by 3%

Weapon Potential Abilities Procedure:

First grind the weapon to +10 because only weapons that reach +10 can unleash their potential ability.
A menu in the Item Lab will allow you to release its hidden ability.
When you unlock this ability, it resets the grind to +0

Leveling up Potential Abilities:

Each potential ability has a LV attached.
To increase this level you must grind the weapon to +10
At the item lab you can increase the level of the potential ability which will then reset the grind back to +0
You can do this again and again, it is unknown at this time if there’s a cap for how high your potential ability can go.

Ardillou +10 > Ability Unlocked LV1 > Ardillou +0 > Ardillou +10 > Ability Unlocked LV2
Sounds super cool and all, but Grinders are already at 17k each. Jesus.

But I'm curious about what kind of abilities weapons will have.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Finally!

I...I just read how it's done.

LOL

Enforcer MKV
Nov 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Sweet, so that means they'll be making it easier to grind weapons to +10 now, right?

...RIGHT???

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
Yeah, no, not until they fire Shithead Doodoo.

Nice idea really, but it's missing two things:
- Not-bullshit grinding
- Enemies challenging enough to need special abilities for (hell, find me anything you *need* +10 for)

Also wondering what special abilities will be available. +3% JAs is nowhere near worth losing +10 on a 10*.

jooozek
Nov 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
So finally PSO2 is on pair with other asian grinders, huh?

Crysteon
Nov 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
Oh, nice. That's a great way to increase the stress on grinding....not like this is an issue for people who have over 200 mil and abuse of AC scratch in a monthly picnic basis, right?

I doubt they will ease the success rates; thus, trying to improve your equipment will be more than a nightmare from now on.

Resanoca
Nov 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, jesus. Grinders really did jump in price. D: MORE MONEY FOR ME. WEEEE~

Mysterious-G
Nov 26, 2012, 01:54 PM
Every RPG should have items that are hella hard to obtain. Yeah, I mean this. You lived without those tiny bonuses until now, so you will survive without them from now on out as well.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 01:58 PM
Every RPG should have items that are hella hard to obtain. Yeah, I mean this. You lived without those tiny bonuses until now, so you will survive without them from now on out as well.

Except they become part of the power creep arms race. It is to be assumed, eventually, that a baseline of equipment is wielded by the players. That baseline will include this, and enemies will be balanced around that.

If you think this won't result in making the game relatively more difficult and/or tedious (identical terms according to sakai) for the average player then you are sadly mistaken.

Mysterious-G
Nov 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
Excuse me? The example bonus listed is hardly anything close to a game changer. Relying on it or not will hardly make for a notable difference.

Cry0
Nov 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
so, the averga player gets taken in the rearside again eh? I wonder how ong it'll take to get an apology this time.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea, but grinding should get easier by a lot, then.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Oh, jesus. Grinders really did jump in price. D: MORE MONEY FOR ME. WEEEE~
I regret selling grinders last week now, they're gonna spike hard from this :P MUST FEED CLOTHING ADDICTION.

Hey, it beats dumping all my money into minimal, slightly-noticeable stat boosts.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
Excuse me? The example bonus listed is hardly anything close to a game changer. Relying on it or not will hardly make for a notable difference.

Yes, no, you're right. This will not in any way shape or form influence any enemy balance in the future, at all, ever. No enemy will be made even 1 point more powerful to counteract the stronger players having this bonus multiple times over.

No nevermind you're right forget I said anything.

jooozek
Nov 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Watch Tigredor get Weak Hit Advance +5%...

Resanoca
Nov 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
I regret selling grinders last week now, they're gonna spike hard from this :P MUST FEED CLOTHING ADDICTION.

Hey, it beats dumping all my money into minimal, slightly-noticeable stat boosts.Actually, depending on how high the percentage increase will go for the JA bonus, that could be worth it if you stack it with other stuff from your trees.

Mysterious-G
Nov 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Yes, no, you're right. This will not in any way shape or form influence any enemy balance in the future, at all, ever. No enemy will be made even 1 point more powerful to counteract the stronger players having this bonus multiple times over.

No nevermind you're right forget I said anything.

And in case that were to happen that 1 point would really matter? Either way, I cannot accept slippery slope arguments such as yours in the first place.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Actually, depending on how high the percentage increase will go for the JA bonus, that could be worth it if you stack it with other stuff from your trees.
It'd be some serious numbers after a few iterations, definitely, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to invest what I'd need to to get a 9 or 10* to +10 multiple times. Just depends on what worth you tag that with and what kinda income you have.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
And in case that were to happen that 1 point would really matter? Either way, I cannot accept slippery slope arguments such as yours in the first place.

Then don't accept it, I don't rightly care what you think about what I say. Neither does Sakai and co., actually, as they're on payroll to milk players for everything they possibly can.

If you really don't think a 3% bonus to JA damage could lead to some powerful results then don't use it. Pretend I haven't even said anything, since you can't accept it. Go on then, off you go.

untrustful
Nov 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
Chances are the max level will be at 5 like power and technique abilities.

Resanoca
Nov 26, 2012, 02:15 PM
Then don't accept it, I don't rightly care what you think about what I say. Neither does Sakai and co., actually, as they're on payroll to milk players for everything they possibly can.

Go on then, off you go.
I don't wanna be milked anymore right now. Still tender from last time. ;3;

Should take me out to dinner this time and treat me to something else. LIKE PVP.

Dinosaur
Nov 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
I regret selling grinders last week now

Excubes yo

Although I gotta say this feature is some bullshit. It should definitely be another resource other than Grinders & +10.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
Am I too late to say "Nb4 the crazy leetists come in to justify this bullshit"?

Link1275
Nov 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
Chances are the max level will be at 5 like power and technique abilities.
+50 grind? No thanks. Seriously, grinding a weapon to +10 five times is almost unreasonable.

Heat Haze
Nov 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
If it's some small incremental (non-percentage) stat bonus, that'd be fine because I wouldn't bother.

If leveled weapon abilities turns out to be identical to good level 10 skills on the Skill Trees.. well.. :-(

Meanwhile, Synthesizers are utterly useless still. Let me convert the damn things to Grinders and all is good with the world.

mommy_cornelia
Nov 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
... Just a question... does this apply ONLY to the weapons? what about Units?

Jakosifer
Nov 26, 2012, 02:22 PM
I swear it seems like they come up with a terrible new idea every month. >_>

Expanding a bit, the actual idea isn't terrible, the way its will be done is. Unless Dodo suddenly gets better at his job, this will only be useful to richies.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 02:33 PM
By the way, this is how I expect things like HP absorb to be implemented. That's good! It'll give purpose to weapons that crash from 5m to 500k just as soon as something 3% better shows up (see what I did there?).

If it turns out to just be things that are purely stat modifiers to existing stats then little will change. Everyone will still go for the best damage weapon, it's just that'll become the new baseline for ~megaleet~ players.

re: Level 5 being the cap. I doubt it. I'm hoping for diminishing returns, but I'm not holding my breath on that either.

I really really hope a change to the grinding system comes with this. Some kind of cap on failures in some way, either consecutive (25 failures in a row, +8 to +2 with -0 and -1 the whole way down is horrible) or total.

Maybe max of 100 failures per weapon? I get that some things shouldn't be easy, and I agree that not everyone should necessarily all have the same top-performance gear, but the line between difficult and RNG-enabled impossibility is not a thin one. There's countless ways to make something costly or difficult to create (identical terms in most RPG's), and random is a bad one because it allows players to throw hours and hours and hours at something with no promise of success while the majority of players do not face this problem. This is not fair and it's not fun. Plenty of things in life are not fair, a game needn't be on that list. It's made numerous people I know stop playing because of how bullshit it is. Those same people were, up to that point, paying customers. Alienating paying customers is a bad long term plan.

GreenArcher
Nov 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
Such is the way of free to play unfortunately :/

Hansha
Nov 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thank god for excubes.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
this would be swag if they bring back portable's grind system, and just made it really expensive...

At least then you'd know how much you're paying.

I'd rather know I'm gonna pay 3 mil to upgrade some shit. Than gambling away 2-5 mil at it.

Zyrusticae
Nov 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
Considering the game's baseline for stats is still blue weapons and 3* units, I don't see where in the world you get the idea that this would suddenly change the baseline for everybody.

Crysteon
Nov 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
Am I too late to say "Nb4 the crazy leetists come in to justify this bullshit"?

I'm an elitist and I totally disapprove the idea. It is enough of a pain to grind a stupid 10* to +10 once, that it will become a chinese torture to do it 4 more times in order to get an insignificant bonus.

Now I'm more convinced that Sakai hired a group of sadistic korean online players for his brainstorm sessions. Inb4youloseyourweaponifitfailstogrindafteryourseco ndregrind.

Xaeris
Nov 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Well, I don't hate the premise. As it is now, people have extremely predictable palettes. Gunners use Radieguls, forces use Gramsciento/Lamda Garland, etc. Giving different weapons different intrinsic abilities could give new use to weapons that have fallen by the wayside.

But the implementation. Lol. Just lol. I'm glad I've held off on selling my grinders for this long.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
I'm an elitist and I totally disapprove the idea. It is enough of a pain to grind a stupid 10* to +10 once, that it will become a chinese torture to do it 4 more times in order to get an insignificant bonus.

Now I'm more convinced that Sakai hired a group of sadistic korean online players for his brainstorm sessions. Inb4youloseyourweaponifitfailstogrindafteryourseco ndregrind.

Oh my god I have the best idea

After you do this bonus thing, the max grind penalty stays -3, and success rate stays +9->+10.

And your grind can become negative.

SOMEBODY GET SAKAI ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW

mailsonds
Nov 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aC8pHcSdNCk/TFgFL6a8rqI/AAAAAAAAANk/oBQeLiTxrBU/s400/POST+(12).jpg

Zyrusticae
Nov 26, 2012, 03:26 PM
This could actually work if 1-7* weapons get the best special abilities (since, y'know, nobody uses them if they can help it at all atm). Just a thought.

Xaeris
Nov 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. At the same time though, given the difficulty of grinding 9 and 10 stars, I'd understand if there were complaints that the accompanying unlocks weren't proportionately superior.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
This could actually work if 1-7* weapons get the best special abilities (since, y'know, nobody uses them if they can help it at all atm). Just a thought.

Right, that's always been my point. Unique weapon properties are what balanced weapons in PSO1. Why would you ever use a visk over a wals, what with visk having lower damage? Well, sometimes paralysis is more useful than confusion. A lot more useful. Say, you want to kill a pan arms before it splits...paralysis locks them down so you can use either techs or an element special. Daylight scars could be given an inherent chase bind bonus, for instance, giving it actual utility. But I think 7*'s need to be seriously easier to grind all around.

But every affix can be put on every weapon. The only exceptions are ones that drop with certain affixes, and even then only if you don't want to remove lucky rise.

If we wind up just having different ways to deal damage via the bonuses I can't imagine much will change, but seeing things like HP absorb, bonuses to damage resistance, huge HP boosts, etc. will help in some part to raise weapon diversity.

EvilMag
Nov 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
It would pretty much be how they handled extend codes in PSP2. Except the lower end weapons don't get a huge power boost.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 03:42 PM
Stuff like HP Absorb would make for some fun weapon palette setups. I can imagine being something like FI/GU and having my nice shiny 8*+ Double Sabers and everything, but swapping to a pair of HP Absorb Mechs from a distance as a healing move. That'd be fun, just keep your superrares nice and grinded while you unlock abilities for other weapons nobody uses.

eharima
Nov 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
mechguns /assault rifles CHARGE SPECIAL GET PLS SAKAI~~~!

Shadowth117
Nov 26, 2012, 03:46 PM

This ^, so, sooooooo much.

Sp-24
Nov 26, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just as I was thinking "good thing that I always have just enough grinders to keep all of my current weapons at +10" this had to happen. Awesome idea in theory, stupid with how grinding works.

I won't be surprised if your weapon becomes harder to grind each time you level up its special ability, too. In fact, they might even make weapons easier to grind initially under such pretence.

eharima
Nov 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
i speculate previous 9* weapons that got outclassed will be making a comeback with best bonuses.

hopefully that 9mill tigidoru money sink will be worth more than the current 170k....

Ce'Nedra
Nov 26, 2012, 05:22 PM
mechguns /assault rifles CHARGE SPECIAL GET PLS SAKAI~~~!

Oh god no...Charge was the most broken special in PSO1.

Then again...Meseta was useless in PSO1 so only use for it was Charge Fodder...It could work pretty well in PSO2 I guess, except for these who have like 100mil or more, they won't care anyway.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
A charge special would have balanced the economy better than the vendor nerf, but then balancing the economy wasn't the goal now was it?

BIG OLAF
Nov 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
Jesus fuck-my-face Christ. Grinding weapons to +10 multiple times? Yeah, no thanks. At least we can count on the impossibly lucky people getting even more obscenely rich.

Shinmarizu
Nov 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
I read this, and think of the potential ramifications on what will happen to the casual players. It boggles the mind. The meseta/Player shop economy will also, unsuprisingly, undergo a drastic change.

For those of you who think I'm sounding butthurt, fine. I have my reasons, and while this doesn't apply to everyone, they do matter to a significant number of players, both JP and otherwise:

1) The RNG has not been friendly to me 90% of the time when it comes to grinding to +10 (and only a bit nicer when affixing, but that's a different discussion). Considering the price jump of grinders, and associated items such as risk reducers/removers, some will profit from the market while the majority will continue to pay into a process that will cost increasingly more each time, without a guarantee of improvement. Look at the player shops selling grinders and rare weapons now, and those same items again in a week. Tell me if you notice your wallet burning.

2) I echo Gigawuts's sentiments when I say that the potential power creep this system can produce will create nothing but frustration and stress in a game that's supposed to be, well, enjoyable. I could simply ignore these latent abilities and continue my character's progress through the game as is, but when will that no longer be sufficient? Do we sacrifice the enjoyment of this game just to become powerful enough to handle whatever increases in monster strength we WILL run into? (This may not be a problem now, and may not be in a month or two, but it WILL be a problem when the majority of players find themselves facing a cliff that they have to spend in order to scale.)

Demon-
Nov 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
Oh wow this is a horrible idea. Maybe if the RNG wasn't absolute garbage.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Nov 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
Screw the arms race. I'm not putting my rares through multiple +10 grinds just for some ability. Maybe I'd do it with common and uncommon weapons, but not with rares.

Nice idea really, but it's missing two things:
- Not-bullshit grinding
- Enemies challenging enough to need special abilities for (hell, find me anything you *need* +10 for)

Also wondering what special abilities will be available. +3% JAs is nowhere near worth losing +10 on a 10*. Agreed.

Gold Saw
Nov 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Ill just pretend this news doesn't exist.

Keyblade59
Nov 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
excuse me while I wipe the tears of sadness from my eyes. Watch the Lv cap be 99.

Vashyron
Nov 26, 2012, 06:33 PM
Lol.

That is all.

Neith
Nov 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Stupid idea. On the plus side, time to sell my grinders :lol:

Gen2000
Nov 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
Oh goodie, I can make even more selling grinders now, just let all the rich JPN players piss away all their money (real or meseta) on this mess being guinea pigs.

I'm sure Dodo is ecstatic about this news.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
You know what's amazing to me? Haven't read one comment here that actually thinks this is a good idea.

Good job Sakai. You've done something so mind-numbingly dumb that EVEN PSO-W CAN AGREE ON IT. JESUS.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
You know what's amazing to me? Haven't read one comment here that actually thinks this is a good idea.

Good job Sakai. You've done something so mind-numbingly dumb that EVEN PSO-W CAN AGREE ON IT. JESUS.

I just spit my tea out I laughed so hard at this comment....

I hope you're pleased with yourself. :argh:

Gold Saw
Nov 26, 2012, 08:01 PM

Is this site known for agreeing with everything? I haven't been here long so I guess I miss the joke.

The Walrus
Nov 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
The joke is that PSO-World can't agree on anything, except this.

eharima
Nov 26, 2012, 08:10 PM
nah we argue and debate for the sake of arguing.

im happy they implemented bonuses.... but in sakais defence, eveyone is like QQ omg dodo nooooooooo

but no one has made an idea of how better to implement them.
everyone the critique, no one the alternative.

how else are you going to implement something and utilize the best money sink in the game at the same time?
well, answers in a post.

Omega-z
Nov 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
I Actually don't mind this, as this is a response to inflation (even if it's not the best). Even tho, they need another system with the Myshop to balanced the % rate of item's to have pricing corrected. So the Market can get back on track. Otherwise Dumb crap happen's 100K+ grinder's ......etc. "PSO2 doesn't need inflater's, It needs player's."

gravityvx
Nov 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
Lol at people mad at optional crap, stupid system but it's optional regardless, effects me in no way unless i'm dumb enough reset a 10* for a crappy special. And only other effect I see on this is making more money on those grinders, cheers sega.

EvilMag
Nov 26, 2012, 08:39 PM

My sides they hurt.

You're the best CelestialBlade. I do agree BTW.

Crysteon
Nov 26, 2012, 08:45 PM

You have earned my approval with this post. It's so DAMN TRUE, lol.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
nah we argue and debate for the sake of arguing.

im happy they implemented bonuses.... but in sakais defence, eveyone is like QQ omg dodo nooooooooo

but no one has made an idea of how better to implement them.
everyone the critique, no one the alternative.

how else are you going to implement something and utilize the best money sink in the game at the same time?
well, answers in a post.

You must not read many threads. I've seen a dozen alternative ideas easily, posted long before this was.

Want a good one? Make them innate abilities that don't require gambling RNG-grinding. Want another one? Weapon-specific attacks, even if borrowed from other weapon types. Orochiagito = sword + pre-equipped speed rain, for instance. Want another one? Weapons with pre-affixed bonuses never losing the pre-affixed bonuses. Want another one? Weapons being given unique bonuses to affix rates, e.g. souls. Vol scale could have permanent +50% bonus to burn transfer, for instance. Another? I could do this all goddamn day because I'm reciting shit I or other people have said in the past.

How about boosting grinding by making it into a minigame of some kind, where player smarts can guarantee a success? No good? Buyable grinds, 500 grinders = guaranteed successful grind. No? Again, all day, could do, already been said before.

plasism
Nov 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Oh c'mon... why does this always happen... and I JUST sold 400 grinders... zzz...

Mike
Nov 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
It's not a bad idea and I kind of like it. The problem is in the execution. Or rather the lack of the execution of a certain pink-suited scumbag.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
I aim to please, folks.

It's not a bad idea and I kind of like it. The problem is in the execution. Or rather the lack of the execution of a certain pink-suited scumbag.
I like the idea of special abilities you can unlock too, absolutely. I just think they'd have to change grinding for it to work.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 PM
@Mike: Sega's problem seems to always be about execution. :P

@Celestial Blade: Of course now that you declared that everyone agees about one thing for once, immediately two people show up to discount your claim. :P

So that's why Grinders suddenly jumped in price twofold yesterday. Fortunately, I'm still not bothered enough to grind to +10 for any of my weapons, so score one for the Grinder sellers! Unless I manage to get, say, a Ruin Charm, Umbra Rod, or a Windy Shaft. Probably never happening in my lifetime. :3 (/kidding. I hope. :P)

A positive lining I could see is that previously discarded top of the line rares could suddenly find themselves back in vogue again. Perhaps I'll actually be able to sell the Tig Ridols I kept finding before this. Bonus points for Sega if they give special abilities to the Nacht series.

On the other hand... you know all my plans for slowly and steadily buying rares that I like that other people have already abandoned? Yeah, that's the sound of those plans burning because of the sudden and massive spike in prices for all the more common rares. orz

Zyrusticae
Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
You know, they should have considered using synthesizers for this instead. It's not like they have much other use. (They just keep on piling up in my bank...)

Coatl
Nov 26, 2012, 11:06 PM
I wonder....
Grinding *6s isn't so hard.
It'd be pretty easy to unlock latent abilities on those.

Or does it only work for rares?

Rien
Nov 26, 2012, 11:41 PM
I've farmed nearly 999 grinders.

I was planning to start selling the moment I hit 999, but I guess I'm going to set my target to two stacks of 999 grinders.

Doodoo is a horrible bastard and I'd rather just pay a full sum for a +10 weapon outright.

Shinmarizu
Nov 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
Those +10 weapons will likely undergo a price jump in anticipation of this. Another probable things is that those rare weapons that haven't been ground to full yet might just get more expensive too.

I don't know, to be honest. Just going to plan ahead to brace for the impending storm.

Tenlade
Nov 27, 2012, 12:11 AM
Those +10 weapons will likely undergo a price jump in anticipation of this. Another probable things is that those rare weapons that haven't been ground to full yet might just get more expensive too.

I don't know, to be honest. Just going to plan ahead to brace for the impending storm.

Nah, I don't think lesser rares are going to become more valuable. if 6* s can do this, then i could see rare weapons becoming utterly useless as people just grind those over and over again, as they have a much easier grind rate.

6 is the new 10

Sp-24
Nov 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
If people have enough meseta to grind 10* items to +10, then they most likely won't have a problem doing it repeatedly, either. Besides, I expect those abilities to work similar to unit sets: higher rarity means way better bonuses. After all, don't forget that Sega wants your money, so they'll make you want to grind over and over and wish you could make it easier somehow (with AC scratch being the solution, of course).

gigawuts
Nov 27, 2012, 01:19 AM
Nah, I don't think lesser rares are going to become more valuable. if 6* s can do this, then i could see rare weapons becoming utterly useless as people just grind those over and over again, as they have a much easier grind rate.

6 is the new 10

Except each weapon will be different. That's...the entire point of this*.

*The entire point is not actually that, it is money.

Miraclearrow
Nov 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
I mean, they need to make grinding easier. Because that's stupid otherwise. Its a fantastic idea, but this grinding system needs to be adjusted ffs.

RagolianHunter
Nov 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
Doodoo is a horrible bastard

Awesome!

Mike
Nov 28, 2012, 12:38 AM
Some more wonderful news from Shogai (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/273650122368376834) on the process to activate or level up a weapon's special ability: you need an unknown number of photon spheres in addition to your +10 weapon.

Cue photon item price jump!

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2012, 12:39 AM
...Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. Ha ha. ...Ha.

...It's a joke, right? That's why I'm laughing.

Sp-24
Nov 28, 2012, 12:42 AM
Some more wonderful news from Shogai on the process to activate or level up a weapon's special ability: you need an unknown number of photon spheres in addition to your +10 weapon.

No doubt that number goes up with each level of that ability.

But seriously, if they don't make weapons easier to grind, then PSO2 may finally catch up to DWO in the being a tedious grinder department.

pikachief
Nov 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
Some more wonderful news from Shogai on the process to activate or level up a weapon's special ability: you need an unknown number of photon spheres in addition to your +10 weapon.

that's pretty funny actually :P

They obviously loved the idea SO MUCH that they decided to take it to the next level! lol They should also give the activation a % of working or failing too. Might as well throw in a client order to allow access to the process too.

Mike
Nov 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
They should also give the activation a % of working or failing too. Might as well throw in a client order to allow access to the process too.

Luckily, the process works 100% of the time according to Shogai (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/273662909488447488). So that's a bullet dodged. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a CO for it though.

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
You know, if Dodo offered the option of paying x amount of photon spheres to make a grind work 100%, I'd actually be okay with that.

~Inu~
Nov 28, 2012, 01:01 AM
Grinding 7-9 stars doesn't sound too bad... Expecting us to do it god knows how many times could agitate people after some time, but I think anyone would shiver at the thought of doing it for 10 star. Maybe if Grind locks didn't keep going up in price it wouldn't be as bad.

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2012, 01:04 AM
Luckily, the process works 100% of the time according to Shogai (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/273662909488447488). So that's a bullet dodged. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a CO for it though.

I'm sure that will change, and they'll say they misunderstood.

I really, really, really hope there's a community shitstorm over this and sega's forced to 1. Fix grinding to be more consistent, and ("and," as opposed to "or") 2. give all weapons a level 1 rank of their ability straight off the bat. Grind+this to improve, sure. Grind+this to even access, eh, I mean seriously? We're already looking at all weapons costing their average grind price on top of the average market price.

This is why so many rares are so fucking worthless on the markets - because the real cost is in the grinding. If it costs ~1m to grind a 7* (I have no idea if that's the average), why get a bad rare for 1,001,050 meseta when you can get one with twice the damage for 1,010,000, or even more for 1,100,000? Seriously. The only people who think this is a good idea are the apologists saying ~you shouldn't need to grind anything to +10 so why does it matter~.

If nothing changes and this all goes in as planned, and actually stays that way, I'm jumping ship to the EN servers asap. If this all goes there too, ha ha ha ha, fuck this game. This isn't the beginning of this kind of bullshit, it's just the continuation since so many people are used to grinding + affixing being as terrible as it is. There's much more of this kind of shit to come.

Arika
Nov 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
players without money -> happy selling grinders,sphere and become richer.

Player with money -> happy getting new upgrade equipment but losing large chuck of gold to the grinders seller.

Thus, this may balance economy a bit, since the rich is going to pay a lot to the poor.

TehblackUchiha
Nov 28, 2012, 03:34 AM
they really need to have grinders sold at npc shops. 14k per grinder is fcking ridiculous. The special abilities were something i have been waiting for but they really made a bad decision on the execution. The abilities better be on some dark flow type shit or else i don't see anyone doing this though there will ALWAYS be a few people doing things the majority of people don't agree on so i will wait to see their results on this from them.

Kilich
Nov 28, 2012, 07:14 AM
Honestly, I think you are way overreacting. That ability will just give a slight edge, not a distinct one.

And 1 million for 7* grind? I got my 7*s to 10 with less than five failures each. That's 60k at worst.

And if you want grinders that badly that you can afford to go do COs for them, buy them with Excubes.

Shinmarizu
Nov 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
And 1 million for 7* grind? I got my 7*s to 10 with less than five failures each. That's 60k at worst.

The majority of players cannot brag about that. I've heard plenty of people lament about spending a million to bring an 8* weapon from +5 to +4. I've had that happen to me. This is why everyone complains about the RNG.... and then they suck it up, save up another million (with grinders to boot) and try again anyway.

It is that process and its associated costs which underlies the majority of the frustration everyone's experiencing now. Grinding aims to be even more expensive now, and this will cause subsequent price jumps in weapons. Yes, the potential boosts are not that great right now, but no one can deny the potential market effects.

For those of us who try to ignore all this and just enjoy the game, the eventual need to upgrade our gear will become that much more costly. I have no problem with this idea of unlocking a latent ability. It is the economic repercussions I am not looking forward to.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 28, 2012, 08:46 AM
The majority of players cannot brag about that. I've heard plenty of people lament about spending a million to bring an 8* weapon from +5 to +4. I've had that happen to me. This is why everyone complains about the RNG.... and then they suck it up, save up another million (with grinders to boot) and try again anyway.

It is that process and its associated costs which underlies the majority of the frustration everyone's experiencing now. Grinding aims to be even more expensive now, and this will cause subsequent price jumps in weapons. Yes, the potential boosts are not that great right now, but no one can deny the potential market effects.

For those of us who try to ignore all this and just enjoy the game, the eventual need to upgrade our gear will become that much more costly. I have no problem with this idea of unlocking a latent ability. It is the economic repercussions I am not looking forward to.

And the inevitable banging your head against the wall that is sure to follow...

NoiseHERO
Nov 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
Doodoo makes me wish I could cry over a videogame..

So that the pains of my virtual fuckups could ease faster.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Its a good idea, and I can see the higher level abilities being very powerful. But I know that if they dont ease the grinding its gonna be almost impossible for casual players and non payers to get a higher level ability.

I mean, the premiums that have 2-300m+ arnt gonna have a problem with it.

Link1275
Nov 28, 2012, 11:37 AM
They need to make a system in the My Shop, that automatically sets prices. For weapons and units, calculate the grind and abilities. For everything else, just use a set price.

Dinosaur
Nov 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
List of weapon abilities. I'm sure anyone could have guessed these after they reveled the JA bonus weapon ability.

[spoiler-box] The Japanese names are not what the weapon abilities' names are. They are simply the names of the bonuses within them.

守勢練陣 Guard Stance Boost
オートメイトハーフライン Automate Halfline
護攻陣 Flash Guard 1
護法陣 Flash Tech Guard
不屈の心 Iron Will
憤怒の型 Fury Stance Boost
捨身の証 Fury Critical
刹那の撃鉄 Just Attack Bonus
炎獄 Brave Stance Boost
切り裂く閃光 Brave Critical
追の衝撃 Chase Advance
追撃の楔 Chase Bind
背撃の証 Wise Stance Boost
暗心舞踏 Wise Critical
修羅紋 Halfline Slayer
背水陣 Deadline Slayer
痛打必倒 Weak Hit Advance
不動の死神 Standstill Snipe
永劫の罠 Tool Mastery
罠解放 Poison T Custom
罠発動 Upper T Custom
零の手 Zero Range Advance
集気光 Attack PP Restore
連鎖終幕 Chain Finish
絶対追刃 Aerial Advance
オートメイトデッドライン Automate Deadline
テックチャージアドバンス Tech Charge Advance
力の預言 Photon Flare Advance
無心の形 Normal Tech Advance
瞬刻の理 Tech JA Advance
フレイムマスタリー Flame Mastery
バーンブースト Burn Boost
フレイムテックSチャージ Flame Tech Short Charge
アイスマスタリー Ice Mastery
凍牙の一撃 Freeze Boost
ボルトマスタリー Bolt Mastery
痺突の一撃 Shock Boost
古の誓い Element Weak Hit
光輝の癒し PP Save
ライトマスタリー Light Mastery
パニックブースト Panic Boost
癒しの風 Resta Advance
ダークマスタリー Dark Mastery
ポイズンブースト Poison Boost
ウインドブースト Wind Mastery
ミラージュブースト Mirage Boost
裁きの意志 (Critical rate up)
フォトンアーツ威力増加 (PA damage up)
星天弾 (HP steal)
究極の加護 (PP usage down)
【仮】PBゲージ増加量アップ (PB Gauge Growth Up (temp name))
エンチャント付加率アップ (Item affix droprate up)
幸運の祥 (Untekked item droprate up)
不退転 (Chance of nullifying knockback)
幸運の羽根 (Chance of nullifying incoming damage)
アイテムの回復量アップ (Item healing rate up)
【仮】行動のヘイトを上げる (Hatred accumulation up (temp name))
【仮】行動のヘイトを下げる (Hatred accumulation down (temp name))[/spoiler-box]

do want PA damage up. yummy

CelestialBlade
Nov 28, 2012, 02:23 PM
Oh dammit, they're *good* abilities. ;_;

Jakosifer
Nov 28, 2012, 02:37 PM
PA Damage Up, naisu.
PP Usage Down, naisu.
HP Steal for those who get their asses kicked a lot. NO MORE JUICE DRINKING.

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
Honestly, I think you are way overreacting. That ability will just give a slight edge, not a distinct one.

And if you want grinders that badly that you can afford to go do COs for them, buy them with Excubes.

lol.

oh god lol.

Dinosaur
Nov 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
I spent 5mil +10ing a Lambda Aresvis(7 star). True story.

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
I spent over 630 grinders (4.5m meseta combined at the time, over 10m combined now) getting my 9* duel gaze to +8, but 52 grinders on getting my 10* maisen to +10 :wacko:

Heat Haze
Nov 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
List of weapon abilities. I'm sure anyone could have guessed these after they've reveled the JA bonus weapon ability.

[spoiler-box] The Japanese names are not what the weapon abilities' names are. They are simply the names of the bonuses within them.

守勢練陣 Guard Stance Boost
オートメイトハーフライン Automate Halfline
護攻陣 Flash Guard 1
護法陣 Flash Tech Guard
不屈の心 Iron Will
憤怒の型 Fury Stance Boost
捨身の証 Fury Critical
刹那の撃鉄 Just Attack Bonus
炎獄 Brave Stance Boost
切り裂く閃光 Brave Critical
追の衝撃 Chase Advance
追撃の楔 Chase Bind
背撃の証 Wise Stance Boost
暗心舞踏 Wise Critical
修羅紋 Halfline Slayer
背水陣 Deadline Slayer
痛打必倒 Weak Hit Advance
不動の死神 Standstill Snipe
永劫の罠 Tool Mastery
罠解放 Poison T Custom
罠発動 Upper T Custom
零の手 Zero Range Advance
集気光 Attack PP Restore
連鎖終幕 Chain Finish
絶対追刃 Aerial Advance
オートメイトデッドライン Automate Deadline
テックチャージアドバンス Tech Charge Advance
力の預言 Photon Flare Advance
無心の形 Normal Tech Advance
瞬刻の理 Tech JA Advance
フレイムマスタリー Flame Mastery
バーンブースト Burn Boost
フレイムテックSチャージ Flame Tech Short Charge
アイスマスタリー Ice Mastery
凍牙の一撃 Freeze Boost
ボルトマスタリー Bolt Mastery
痺突の一撃 Shock Boost
古の誓い Element Weak Hit
光輝の癒し PP Save
ライトマスタリー Light Mastery
パニックブースト Panic Boost
癒しの風 Resta Advance
ダークマスタリー Dark Mastery
ポイズンブースト Poison Boost
ウインドブースト Wind Mastery
ミラージュブースト Mirage Boost
裁きの意志 (Critical rate up)
フォトンアーツ威力増加 (PA damage up)
星天弾 (HP steal)
究極の加護 (PP usage down)
【仮】PBゲージ増加量アップ (PB Gauge Growth Up (temp name))
エンチャント付加率アップ (Item affix droprate up)
幸運の祥 (Untekked item droprate up)
不退転 (Chance of nullifying knockback)
幸運の羽根 (Chance of nullifying incoming damage)
アイテムの回復量アップ (Item healing rate up)
【仮】行動のヘイトを上げる (Hatred accumulation up (temp name))
【仮】行動のヘイトを下げる (Hatred accumulation down (temp name))[/spoiler-box]

do want PA damage up. yummy

Oh why. They're good abilities. So much for ignoring all of this.

Hopefully 'all' the best abilities won't be exclusive to 10*s, but available to some 7*-9* as well.

Dinosaur
Nov 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
I was personally hoping for a weapon with Chain Trigger =P

Real talk though, I think it's safe to say that weapons will have abilities corresponding to the class that can equip them(ex: rods with flame mastery, rockets with standing snipe, daggers with stance boost).

Miraclearrow
Nov 28, 2012, 03:45 PM

Go buy a lottery ticket. That's my honest advice....

DragonForce
Nov 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
Courtesy of Bumped.org.

Sounds super cool and all, but Grinders are already at 17k each. Jesus.

But I'm curious about what kind of abilities weapons will have.

When I read this, I realized that in some alternate parallel universe, another version of me laughed so hard that he exploded and took out half the galaxy.