PDA

View Full Version : I just need someone to confirm the information i got

Code-red
Nov 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
Right now I downloading the game client but there is a question I need people that alright playing the game to clarify.

Do you recommend getting the English patch for the game/ are you using the patch for the game. Also if you can debunk the rumor I been hearing about the risk being banned for the using the patch. Cause this is one of the things that is keeping me from getting the patch. Lastly is the game playable without the patch?

Rika-chan
Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
1. Yes, I recommend getting the english patch. I am using it.
2. Naw, you probably won't be banned.
3. It's playable, but it's harder.

ashley50
Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
I don't use the patch, I have no use for it.

As for getting banned; I have no idea, but those who are using it are still online though.

Playable without the patch? very. harder? NOPE!

Sp-24
Nov 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
Nobody has been banned for using the patch as far as I'm aware, but the risk of getting a ban for breaking the ToS is always there. I'm not using the patch myself and yes, the game is very much playable without it.

Bael
Nov 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
1. I'm not using it, I'd have to update the darn thing every single week.
2. You *CAN* be banned for it. chances of this happening...low.
3.yes, it's playable. Keep bumped.org guides in background till you learn what is what.
4. It's also good to have a friend or some one from here to guide you for a bit.

vPharaohv
Nov 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
I am using it. I haven't heard anyone getting banned for it and most people that I have met use it. It's probably playable with out it but I wanted to at least get used to the menu's before I went patchless.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
Unless you say....Macro (something the game automatically generates)
Unless GG checks that I highly doubt they can tell/prove you're using it.

Just like FFXI with Windoswer :P

If you don't know any japanese (like myself) I say it's wonderful to use. Not needed..just makes things harder if you don't understand japanese.

Does it break ToS? Yes....but I wouldn't think anyone would get banned for that...if they do that's harsh

supersonix9
Nov 27, 2012, 08:53 PM
I actually like the challenge it presents without the patch. Forces me to READ.

gravityvx
Nov 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Right now I downloading the game client but there is a question I need people that alright playing the game to clarify.

Do you recommend getting the English patch for the game/ are you using the patch for the game. Also if you can debunk the rumor I been hearing about the risk being banned for the using the patch. Cause this is one of the things that is keeping me from getting the patch. Lastly is the game playable without the patch?

There is no risk of being banned, at all, it's not server side or third party software. Having the patch only will make your time on the game more enjoyable. And as for updating it, the times you need to update the patch is almost monthly, and even then it takes about 30 seconds given that you've already gotten the updated patch downloaded. So to be honest, just get it there is nothing at all to worry about and I would highly recommend it, almost everything is translated besides the story, and items. That means you will be able to understand the really important things like client orders, matter boards, enemy names, the UI, friends list and the shop menu. Trust me, it will make your time alot more enjoyable on this game if you do, instead of playing the guessing game. I have been using it since its re-release and never had a problem.