PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 RA/GU Tree Advice?

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
Only level 9 on gunner so haven't fully messed it up yet lol
Ranger is currently 49 but I may attempt to redo the tree..

Anywho I wanted to make it more "Gunmaster"-esque.

Where use a bit of everything...
Due to getting Lambda Aresvis +10 Mizer/Shoot III, I've been using twins over Rifle for mobile damage (even though it's Mizer/Shoot III as well on my Tigredor) Also I find Elder'n mobs in the air is cool yet funny at the same time

Of course I've yet to fully learn how to use Chain Trigger and I have no idea what Chain Finish does lol (If someone wants to give me the 101 I'd be thankful)

Also haven't fully utilize WB+ Chain Trigger yet as most stuff dies if you attempt it so guess it's mostly boss friendly....
Unsure if it's because I'm using a controller but.... how do you stay in the air for so long? I see gunners sometimes be VERY high in the air and continuously stay there.... Like I've seen on numerous occasion on EQ for Big Vardha where i'd see a gunner (class/gu?) Staying up top where Vardha's head it....

So I'd like tome recommendation on that for gunner as subclass.
I'd try Gu/RA but I'd miss the many many uses of Launcher lol (Isn't Cluster Bullet the best? lol)

I've seen on many threads that putting R-atk into tree is kind of pointless...may I ask how come?
I thought the more R-atk you had, the more damage you'd do.

Which I suppose is what I'd like is more power.

Dextro
Nov 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
Of course I've yet to fully learn how to use Chain Trigger and I have no idea what Chain Finish does lol (If someone wants to give me the 101 I'd be thankful)
'Chain Finishing' is what happens when you build up the 'Chain Trigger' gauge and then hit the enemy with a PA before the chain expires.
The skill "Chain Finish" simply increases the damage dealt by your PA finisher.

Also haven't fully utilize WB+ Chain Trigger yet as most stuff dies if you attempt it so guess it's mostly boss friendly....
It's mainly used for bosses, but it's use varies on a few of them (don't waste it on any breakable parts).

Unsure if it's because I'm using a controller but.... how do you stay in the air for so long? I see gunners sometimes be VERY high in the air and continuously stay there.
Alternating 3 JA'd shots with a PA.
With the 'Attack PP Restorate' skill, the 3-shot combo string will give you enough PP to perform another PA. It's most effective with Elder Rebellion.

I'd try Gu/RA but I'd miss the many many uses of Launcher lol (Isn't Cluster Bullet the best? lol)
Not really :-?
Very rarely do I wish i had crowd control options when i'm on GU. It's usually only in the Mines when that line of Guardines or a cluster of robots spawn.
Mechguns pull waaaaay ahead for any single target. Most RAs I see these days are using those AnyClass Mechs :D they're that much better.

I've seen on many threads that putting R-atk into tree is kind of pointless...may I ask how come?
I thought the more R-atk you had, the more damage you'd do.
Which I suppose is what I'd like is more power.
Damage+% bonuses are generally far better than straight R-Atk.
However, the GU bonuses are pretty situational:
- Zero-Distance requires you to be very close to the enemy.
- Aerial Advance requires the enemy to be airborne(or launched into the air).
- Chain Finish requires....well, it's only activate during a Chain Finish.

But in each of those situations, the damage you'll deal is far more than you'd get from a straight increase in R-Atk.

lagnarok
Nov 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
If you want to rise in altitude in the air, you can use 2 Gu evasions -> normal attack -> 2 evasions... and so on. If you want to go up quick, you can charge up aerial shooting, cast the PA while in air and maintain the height or even go higher with the previous method.

As for why % bonus is better, they're all multiplicative. As you reach higher levels, we have to assume that you get better gear with good affixes, and you can generally reach R-attack of 1500 with 10 star weapon. Lets assume that you get full 150 R-attack from Gu skill tree. You basically get up to 1650 R-attack, or about 1.1 more damage than before.

When you hit enemy weak spot, you hit 2 times more damage for most case. Assuming you have Weak Hit Advance (WHA) 1 and 2, you get 1.525 times more damage (1.25*1.25). Assuming you use WB, thats 3 times more damage.
Now lets consider you used put all 10 points in zero range. With 10 points on zero range 1 (1.15), you multiply your damage by 10.3. With 10 points on the zero range 2, it bumps up to 12 times more damage. Compare with raising 150 R-attack which raises your damage by 1.1 in any occasion.

Now, damage multiplier is only good if you CAN hit enemy with that damage multiplier condition. If you're play style is to just hit anywhere anytime, then damage output is better with R-attack instead of taking the multipliers.

Just for how much 1 damage multiplier do for me, I'm a Ra/Hu. If i miss my JA bonus when the boss has WB on weak spot, I only do 10-11k damage with sneak shot. WIth just 1.21 multiplier from JA advane 1 and 2, my damage bumps up 1.5 times more to 15k damage. Now I also have 10 points in Standing snipe. When that kicks in second and third Sneak shot (1.15), I do about 18k damage.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
If the mob has an ideal hit spot like way...bosses then yes i try to aim for those...but when it comes for small mobs.... not so much.... usually cluster Bullet will waste those haha