PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 *plz delete*

Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
Due to drama, this contest will not be happening, sorry.

Sp-24
Nov 27, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lovely idea...

Eman2417
Nov 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Great idea but... shops only work on their respective ship. So anyone outside of your ship can't participate.
Feel free to correct if i'm wrong.

Z-0
Nov 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
Yep, 521 is dumb. B)

Zekester
Nov 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
Yep, 521 is mistaken. B)

There. Doesn't that sound nicer?

Nov 27, 2012, 08:50 PM
Great idea but... shops only work on their respective ship. So anyone outside of your ship can't participate.
Feel free to correct if i'm wrong.

Good call, i have edited the prizes.

BIG OLAF
Nov 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
Well shit, entering this contest will be better for people who reside in a ship outside of Ship 2.

Nov 27, 2012, 08:59 PM
Ya kind of forgot i couldn't xfer money to other ships, i have changed the contest to only ship 2. I have other TA contest ideas that will work on all ships.

Amaranthus
Nov 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Out of four people, 2 members can receive 500ac each.. My only problem is... how do I record it.. @-@

*Edit: Nevermind. XD

:bunny:

EvilMag
Nov 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe have an option for Ship 2 players where they could either get the 10m meseta or the webmoney.

BIG OLAF
Nov 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
My only problem is... how do I record it.. @-@

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Amabanana:

i have changed the contest to only ship 2.

This is an interesting idea for those who like to do TA stuff, though.

EDIT: However, I do not agree that the OP/contest holder's team should participate. That seems odd to me. Them participating seems to make the whole thing feel like some sort of "Hey see if you can beat us, and if you can't, we just keep the money, haha!" sort-of thing.

eharima
Nov 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
GJ but ya'll gonna get smashed by trainer kiddes hahaha

Shadowth117
Nov 27, 2012, 10:35 PM

Yeah, because they're going to be participating. Especially when they're banned. If someone made a serious effort that way, I'd find that pretty pathetic to be honest.

Kinda wish this wasn't Lilipa, as I hate if forever, but meh. I'll be participating in this if I can get a team more than likely.

Cypher_9
Nov 28, 2012, 12:05 AM
This piques my interests... I would like to participate though just like Shadowth117, I must find a party to do this with; who, would be interested as well in competitive festivity.

eharima
Nov 28, 2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah, because they're going to be participating. Especially when they're banned. If someone made a serious effort that way, I'd find that pretty pathetic to be honest.

Like all the RMT bots that are 'banned' right?
how naive lol

Kinujou
Nov 28, 2012, 12:16 AM
question, for the sake of actually having a run through that wont be affect too much by time, can it be recorded near the end? (midway through boss, start at boss, ect). I don't mind recording but once my recording starts my system goes to hell.

Meji
Nov 28, 2012, 04:21 AM
Alright! I'd love to take a shot at this!
If anyone need a full-out-attack hunter that can record the whole footage on Full-HD with higest settings in 60FPS, hit me up. (example (http://youtu.be/_Sohu-0ooNs))

Nov 28, 2012, 04:37 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, Amabanana:

This is an interesting idea for those who like to do TA stuff, though.

EDIT: However, I do not agree that the OP/contest holder's team should participate. That seems odd to me. Them participating seems to make the whole thing feel like some sort of "Hey see if you can beat us, and if you can't, we just keep the money, haha!" sort-of thing.

Not quite, Im holding this event because i want to have a real competitive TA event (unlike the shitty IR's) Just because I am running the event does not give me any advantage, I still have to post a video with the best time to win. This ain't no fashion contest with a judge, we will have a definite 1st and 2nd winner.

PS: Even if my team does win, there is still a second place prize.

Rule change has been made, TA IR's will no longer be a legitimate source of proof. 1. Because like you mentioned, the possibilies of trainer users, and 2. without a video we will have no way to tell if additional buffs were used.

question, for the sake of actually having a run through that wont be affect too much by time, can it be recorded near the end? (midway through boss, start at boss, ect). I don't mind recording but once my recording starts my system goes to hell.

This doesn't work for several reasons, everyone will be at the same disadvantage, having one person recording.

Amaranthus
Nov 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
Just my thoughts.

I think the second place prize is too small... XD

500k each minus the tax.

Maybe make first prize 8m (2m each minus tax), and the second 4m (1m each minus tax)..

Valkyrie Lovrina
Nov 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
if only I had a team to DO these with most of the time. :nono:

interesting contest though.

Z-0
Nov 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
Not quite, Im holding this event because i want to have a real competitive TA event (unlike the shitty IR's) Just because I am running the event does not give me any advantage, I still have to post a video with the best time to win. This ain't no fashion contest with a judge, we will have a definite 1st and 2nd winner.

PS: Even if my team does win, there is still a second place prize.
No, he's quite right. A host doesn't participate in their own event... it's just standard etiquette; you let the others have a chance, rather than participating yourself just to save yourself a bit of cash. You put it up there for someone to take.

I am on your team, and I don't want to participate because I'd like to see how others would do with a little bit of incentive; I'm sure people know that we've been doing Time Attack for Time Attacking for a while, thus we automatically get an advantage as we already know how this is done. If we DO participate, I recommend that we just get skipped and the prize goes to the next winner (assuming we make first or second).

This doesn't work for several reasons, everyone will be at the same disadvantage, having one person recording.
I thought you'd realise more than anyone that recording is going to make people load slower, thus giving them a disadvantage. For some people the game also lags when recording, and not every team will have a person who can do that. That being said, I'm not sure why you're restricting buffs. Equipment is already a huge enough advantage as it is, and cake / team buff isn't going to make a run dramatically better at all. It's only a 10% increase to base attack (which isn't much), not damage.

I highly doubt people are going to compete and use trainers, mate. :/ If they can use trainers I highly doubt they'd be interested in 10 million as that's peanuts when you can use trainers.

You're being too strict on this, just use your judgement.

Mysterious-G
Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 AM
Standard etiquette? I wouldn't say that is true entirely. I know of plenty TV shows and other events that have people compete against the event holder. What these events always have in common are the big sums of prize money you can win.

Huh? Sounds familiar? Yeah, because this kind of event fits right into that niche.
That said, I hope everyone has plenty of fun with the event, even though TAing isn't for me, at all. ^^

Nov 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
Nothing is free in this world, when someone hosts an event and gives things away its usually for a to promote something that want promoted. Example, EXPFULL.com recently held an, i think the contest was to listen to one of their shows and answer some trivia or something? Not sure exactly tbh, but the point is they were promoting EXPFULL.com and other stuff they had on their site. I am just one man fronting the cash on my own and looking to have a fun contest because TA is my favorite thing to do on PSO2.

Nov 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
Just my thoughts.

I think the second place prize is too small... XD

500k each minus the tax.

Maybe make first prize 8m (2m each minus tax), and the second 4m (1m each minus tax)..

Good point, i didn't want to lower the 1st place price, but i bumped up the 2nd place prize to 4m meseta.

Kinujou
Nov 28, 2012, 01:43 PM

Minus those with great computers who can record without lag.

Mysterious-G
Nov 28, 2012, 02:13 PM
Computer performances will always vary between the different contestants. But my suggestion in case video capturing really makes for such big a slowdown is that the teams consist of three persons instead of four, with the fourth person in the team being a neutral observer and notary of the clearing time.

Nov 28, 2012, 02:24 PM
People with better computers, internet connections and simply living closer to the server gives you an advantage. I know people who have recorded TA's with great times on an old laptop. The video doesn't need to be great quality, you can record on half size with fraps.