PDA

View Full Version : What does the Smiley Face's on NPC mean?

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IC2Uh.png
Sorry 521....used your sig as an example :/
Like this...I mean yea I understand what the face themselves mean (lol what a generation I grew up in)

But how does that affect you and how do you change them?

ashley50
Nov 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
affection level.

Doing COs given by them and completing them raises their affection to you.  i.e:

クロト
ハンス

Character NPCs that can be summoned, you can either:

Bring them along with you in parties and complete a mission
or Complete the COs they have, which is not a lot; so keep repeating what is mentioned above.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
Yea...I've notice I've been doing a bit of han's quest repeatedly lol

Does the affection level do anything? Like offer more missions?

ashley50
Nov 27, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that part.

Yes, it does unlock one or two COs on that NPC.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
So....imma guess that NPCs that you can bring with you in quest don't have repeat COs like Klotho and Hans do?

Unless you can get them too and I just don't know it yet lol

ashley50
Nov 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, NPCs that can be summoned only have one-time COs. So the only way to raise them is bring them with you on missions.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
I might need to start doing more Repeat COs as the only ones ive been doing was Han's :o

ShiroiRen
Nov 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sometimes if you have them in yellow with a happy face or red with the loving face (as you shown above) be sure to talk to him/her every now and then, they'll pop you an item: be it Technic, Gun Skill, Blade/Weapons skill, Weapon(s), or Upgrade Grinder.

Hope this helps. Ignore me if wrong but it's from my experience here.

Rien
Nov 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sometimes if you have them in yellow with a happy face or red with the loving face (as you shown above) be sure to talk to him/her every now and then, they'll pop you an item: be it Technic, Gun Skill, Blade/Weapons skill, Weapon(s), or Upgrade Grinder.

Hope this helps. Ignore me if wrong but it's from my experience here.

* only for NPCs who have friend partner options available.

AzureBlaze
Nov 28, 2012, 02:22 AM
Why do some of them start out mad or frowny?
Like I think Hans was frowny for me, so is Revelle (darker atk ones) and the purple hair lady near Franka on the 2nd floor. Once Franka turned yellow, she started using my name when talking to me. So they prob give you a different little speech too somehow.

It is great to finally know what the icons were for.

ShiroiRen
Nov 28, 2012, 02:39 AM
Same issue here, and sadly I have no idea what their problem is.... boo, they are such haters but their quests give out some good exp for kicking up side-tabbed styles if not used yet. :-? :cry:

TheMagickHat77
Nov 28, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure what Hans' problem is, but Clessida (the purple haired girl) seems to think you're a total n00b and isn't impressed with you from what I can tell, and Lavelle just seems angry and vengeful...again, from what I can tell.

I'd only just recently just gotten Hans up to the "blue" face after doing a ton of his quests, so I seem to be getting somewhere at least.

ShilohSham
Nov 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure what Hans' problem is, but Clessida (the purple haired girl) seems to think you're a total n00b and isn't impressed with you from what I can tell, and Lavelle just seems angry and vengeful...again, from what I can tell.

I'd only just recently just gotten Hans up to the "blue" face after doing a ton of his quests, so I seem to be getting somewhere at least.

I think and this is a total guess. Is the black RAmar in the start that died is his brother and he mad at you and afin for letting him die to darkers.

but that just a total guess

TheMagickHat77
Nov 29, 2012, 12:14 AM
I think and this is a total guess. Is the black RAmar in the start that died is his brother and he mad at you and afin for letting him die to darkers.

but that just a total guess

Could be. I figured the randomly dying RAmar was just there to make Afin wet his knickerbockers. I haven't bothered to translate Lavelle's comments to get any insight into why she hates Darkers so much.

Though why wouldn't she? Most Darkers are bugs and all bugs must die!

ShiroiRen
Nov 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
Could be. I figured the randomly dying RAmar was just there to make Afin wet his knickerbockers. I haven't bothered to translate Lavelle's comments to get any insight into why she hates Darkers so much.

Though why wouldn't she? Most Darkers are bugs and all bugs must die!

LOL @ first line and Amen to last line :-P

I hate bugs and I especially can't stand those blasted fencer-like ones known as El Ahda (I'm expecting they're the male-counterpart versions of those adult Breeahda who act like Beelzebub-demons tossing maggots. Eww :rant: )