PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice

Cireon
Nov 28, 2012, 05:18 AM
Hi, just recently registered here but have been lurking the forums for sometime..

I've been reading up on every possible topic for Force users, but I still have a few questions.

Just to clarify im a level 25 force.

First question:

I've seen some interesting choices lately when it comes to sub classing, such as a Force/Fighter which seemed to be an amazing idea with how well it performed in melee and tech spam, over a Force/Techer.

While Force/Techer can still melee, but it seemed to be out performed by a Force/Fighter in terms of being able to take a hit and damage in melee, so I'm a bit at wits end.

Which would you prefer Fo/Tech or Fo/Fi ?

Second question:

Feeding a mag.. Right now my mag is currently a level 70 lepus, 50 T-atk, 20 dex/ability (whichever you'd prefer to call it) 0 defenses..

I was wondering if I should raise any of the defensive stats, because it seems to be mixed feelings when it comes to this for forces.. I keep hearing raise T-def to 50 and stop or no not to raise T-def at all.

If I shouldnt raise T-def, should I raise the other defensive stats instead say 25/25 split for S-def and R-def or what?

Also debating whether or not to continue on raising ability/dex to 50 as well. Any thoughts?

Miraclearrow
Nov 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Honestly, the best armor you can buy currently for a force is the wing sets which require dex! So now because i only leveled my Dex to level 30 on my mag I need my subclass to be like 5 levels higher for me to use black wing set at level 46 :(. I had like 40 T-Def up and it was completely useless. Get your dex to like, 40 ish and then just keep leveling up your T-ATK. Thats perfect. The higher you're willing to sacrifice your T-ATK the sooner you can use the wings :D

Cireon
Nov 28, 2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for that tidbit of info Miracle, though any particular reason as to why the Dex armor is better over all?

and hoping someone else can provide insight in to my other questions >.< lol

Miraclearrow
Nov 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200945

Hey there, take a look at the unit bonus' from the following Unit Set Guide! That last stat is T-ATK. So the set with 3 as far as not only the armor it provides but also the respective bonus's is the best in the game for forces at the moment. Thats just the way the current meta game is. Maybe it will change (not sure if i want to or not because I just got my black wing set with T1 on each piece to +6 each etc but i wasted points from my mag lol) but seems to be the best options for us force's/TE's at the moment to do most damage and not get annihilated all at the same time providing PP bonus and Damage!

Sorry I can't help you with the other questions because I went for a FO/TE build so thats all I can really provide advice on.

Cireon
Nov 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
Ahh thanks Miracle, didn't see that topic when I was browsing before, I can see why now lol.

and no worries, your help as been much appreciated.

lagnarok
Nov 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't personally recommend going Fo/Fi. It seems like it's a good idea to be able to do melee attacks with Fi subclasses, but you have to keep several things in mind:
First, you can only equip all-class weapons for Fi weapons. These are often expensive if you're lookin for strong ones.
Second, none of your Fo main skill trees benefit Fi damage.
Third, you won't be able to actually take that much damage still. Fi subclass won't make you "tanky".
Fourth, As Fo main, you'll have a lower attack power, since only 1/4 of attribute is added from Fi.
Overall, you probably will do a lot less damage than the Fi main classes with Hu sub class, considering all of the above. So don't expect to be able to do what you see other Fi do.
The only benefit will be for your Fo main class with brave/wise stances.
Te subclass will have a lot more benefit, especially with PP revival and being able to have skills that benefit wind/light/dark technics.

Cireon
Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
Alright, thanks for the insight lagnarok.

Both of you been pretty helpful, so I think I'll work on going 100-50 on my mag and go Fo/Te.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2012, 02:05 AM
Fo/Fi calling in here. :3

Fair disclosure, I'm only using Fo/FI out of my own personal preference of using Daggers while still maining a Force character. It's not that efficient and there's certainly some glaring flaws, but it's still doable. It's just not a build you might take if you really want to min-max.

Fo/Te:
Pros: You get more T-Stats, the second half of your element mastery trees, even more skills to restore your PP. It's basically a no brainer if all you want to do is toss out high powered techs endlessly. You only dilemma might be more about whether you want to use rods or wands, and which of the two you're willing to compromise on and use an All-Class variant instead.

Cons: It might be a little boring. XD

Fo/Fi:
Pros: Stances, and possibly Half / Deadline Slayer and Chase Bind. The stances work wonders on boosting your damage, espcially since you'll still be casting techs from a distance - just choose which end of the enemy you'll be facing and let loose.

With lower defenses, your HP will occasionally dip below the line, which it's all the more reason to unleash more techs with oneof the -line Slayers. I haven't reached this part of the tree yet though, so I cannot say for certain that techs will work with the Slayer Skills.

This is the same for Chase Bind - with techs, the enemy is invariably suffering from some kind of status effect, which makes getting Chase Bind easy to activate, but again, it's another skill I haven't reached yet on my Fi subclass.

Finally, you can shore up your S-Def if you feel like doing so.

Cons: You're splitting your primary damage stats into S-Atk and T-Atk, which needs more careful juggling of your mag stats and your equipment. Both trees don't mesh completely well with each other, except for a few of the skills I mentioned. Finally, Hunter and Techer would do much better in shoring up your weaker S-Def stats.

Anyway, hope your Fo/Te build goes well. :3

Cireon
Nov 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
Thanks Crystal. I appreciate the info as well, I will probably end up making another account and making it a Fo/Fi with the info you provided XD.

I like to experiment a lot with the different classes back with PSU hopefully they release a lot more classes soon as well as weapon types.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2012, 04:19 AM
No need for another character - just build up your Fighter tree whenever you have time. :3

Unless you're like me and like to permanently set classes for all the different alts. XD

Cireon
Nov 29, 2012, 04:43 AM
Definitely am that way =P, Though I would probably just have a All in one character if I ever took the time to go through and setup a web money account to buy more mags. Though I think I will just wait for the NA release ^^

Miraclearrow
Nov 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Good luck ^^