PDA

View Full Version : Mission They should add some challenges here...(?)

ShiroiRen
Nov 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
I was wondering if they will add some special challenges in someday to do some crazy things like this that I did just for hoax/extra meseta/rare items? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxrpyxAK_I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxrpyxAK_I

Okay I know I was pitiful here lol but it was worth a try. I think they should add something in the series that should be optional to take and will give out a bit of an extra prize if they win, but not affect/penalize players if they miss every now and then.

Some special stuff like either killing a boss with a specific weapon, or NO weapons, or getting a perfect without taking a hit while (or not) using specific equipment, etc.

I know there already are some quests that DO say go through specific areas with only a certain weapon but there never was one that said to go against a boss without one, but wouldn't that be hilarious to have yourself scream "PUNCH OUT, CHUMP!!" after you just beat Dark Falz with only your bare hands and martial arts?

Also do they still have the Gatling kick from PS-Zero here for girls or a Vulcan punch for boys? :D

-Don't take this seriously if you find the idea offensive, I just thought it should happen someday...

The Walrus
Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'd rather they actually make the game more difficult instead of just adding challenges for already piss easy bosses.

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'd rather the game take more tools to use than just regular 'difficulty'

Shadowth117
Nov 29, 2012, 07:16 PM
It would be interesting to see special clear conditions or special challenge fights added, but things that are more annoying and time consuming than anything else seem like a bad idea to put in.

Would it be cool to see something like beating Vol Dragon with only lava in the arena to stand on and 10 endlessly-spawning, twice as aggressive as usual Sil/Sol Dinians (with no drops after a set number of kills to prevent farming) shooting at you alone? Probably. Is it going to happen? Unfortunately it probably ain't, though I'd welcome such a challenge if it was offered.

EvilMag
Nov 29, 2012, 08:21 PM
Nuzlocke PSO2.

-You can only get the first weapon that drops in each area.
-If you die you must NPC the weapon you had equipped.
-When you have no weapons the game is over you must delete your character.
-No buying weapons from NPC or Player Shops.

Crysteon
Nov 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
^ That, or just take the SAO paradigm: "If you die in game, you also die in real life". Translated in PSO2 terms:
"If you die, you are obliged to delete your character and quit the game"

gigawuts
Nov 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
^ That, or just take the SAO paradigm: "If you die in game, you also die in real life". Translated in PSO2 terms:

I want to see the rage of this applied to dudu.

If you fail a grind you have to delete the item.

Shit just got real.

Resanoca
Nov 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
I want to see the rage of this applied to dudu.

If you fail a grind you have to delete the item.

Shit just got real.
They did that in PSU. Fail a single grind and the weapon is gone. Never again. lol

gigawuts
Nov 29, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but surely PSU didn't have grind rates as bad as this for every single rare.

If it did I find myself wondering even harder how PSU lasted that long...

EvilMag
Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
I've never failed this hard in grinding in PSU ever.

If I did, I would of had nothing but 1/1 or 2/2 crap.

Resanoca
Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, but surely PSU didn't have grind rates as bad as this for every single rare.

If it did I find myself wondering even harder how PSU lasted that long...
Grind rates were bullshit too. Ask anyone else who played the game. xD

I've never failed this hard in grinding in PSU ever.

If I did, I would of had nothing but 1/1 or 2/2 crap.

Considering we have less to lose, I'd assume PSO2 would be more BS.

EvilMag
Nov 29, 2012, 08:36 PM
To be fair PSU never had a grinder guy that had a mustache laughing at you when you speak to you.

Resanoca
Nov 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
To be fair PSU never had a grinder guy that had a mustache laughing at you when you speak to you.

I'd rather focus hate on a single person rather than 8 others.

Also, he laughs at you for a reason. >:

[Ayumi]
Nov 29, 2012, 08:59 PM
All weapons are locked on your character, you can no longer sell anything except certain things.
No weapons, no discs, no armor can be sold. Or clothes.
Everything else could be sold.

YES this include 1* weps/armor/discs/clothes.

PSO2 Luna
Nov 29, 2012, 11:33 PM

Actually I think that feature already exists in a game called Wizardy Online (death = permanent ^^;).

As for PSO2, they just need to increase the difficulty way past current levels, as there's usually no need for the best or even +10 weapons most of the time for most of the content.

If you're bored and need a challenge, you could always try soloing bosses like Snow Banshee/Banther (or any of the newer bosses) without equipping any units, and using the weakest weapon in your preferred category (ie. a normal ungrinded 1☆ Sword for HU).

Shadowth117
Nov 30, 2012, 02:12 PM
;2887116']All weapons are locked on your character, you can no longer sell anything except certain things.
No weapons, no discs, no armor can be sold. Or clothes.
Everything else could be sold.

YES this include 1* weps/armor/discs/clothes.

This is called no premium set.

Actually I think that feature already exists in a game called Wizardy Online (death = permanent ^^;).

As for PSO2, they just need to increase the difficulty way past current levels, as there's usually no need for the best or even +10 weapons most of the time for most of the content.

If you're bored and need a challenge, you could always try soloing bosses like Snow Banshee/Banther (or any of the newer bosses) without equipping any units, and using the weakest weapon in your preferred category (ie. a normal ungrinded 1☆ Sword for HU).

WoW has had that feature in certain servers pretty much forever actually. Its not that uncommon.

Also, no offense, but making a boss more time consuming/instakill you isn't a challenge, despite what Sega seems to think with VH.