Red rare version of the first 3* weapons. o:

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2012, 12:31 PM
Haaaaah sonic Knuckles.

It's over now.

Anyway whoa on the reskins...

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what prefix comes after Lambda... I see a lot of those in there.

Annnd... we're getting post-Vita weapons (as in a rank higher than Vita)? That's interesting. Of course, it makes sense, considering we still have another 50 levels to go before hitting the True Cap...

Edit: THIS OUTFIT SELECTION DISAPPOINTS ME. Where is my port of Laia's outfit?! D:

Edit #2: OOoooh, I see some nifty new partizans! Including one that appears to be a higher-level version of Soul Eater... this pleases me. This pleases me greatly.

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 12:41 PM
lololol, Recolors R Us.

EDIT: I do like that rare monsters are getting weapons/units modeled after them, though.

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 12:45 PM
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010071.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1030069.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1050071.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1070076.png
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1090085.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1120083.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_2010201.png

All of this was datamined by Agrajag.

Also, I don't see a problem with the same weapon models and a different color.

Golto
Dec 1, 2012, 12:47 PM
So will all these reskins be new weapons or the rumor of weapon recoloring true?

Link1275
Dec 1, 2012, 12:48 PM
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010071.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1030069.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1050071.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1070076.png
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1090085.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1120083.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_2010201.png

I wonder if they will have a letter in each weapon's description spelling out a name(like Heathcliff in PSO1).

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
So will all these reskins be new weapons or the rumor of weapon recoloring true?

The different colored weapons are going to be new weapons like so.

Zaxe:http://p2o.wikkii.net/images/thumb/c/ca/Zaxe.png/36px-Zaxe.png

Blizzaxe:http://p2o.wikkii.net/images/thumb/2/2a/Blizzaxe.png/36px-Blizzaxe.png

Both are out right now.

Pictures from, http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Swords.

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 12:51 PM

The reskins are going to be full-fledged separate weapons. SEGA's laziness knows no bounds, as all the reskins in PSU have shown us.

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 12:58 PM
The reskins are going to be full-fledged separate weapons. SEGA's laziness knows no bounds, as all the reskins in PSU have shown us.

You're being dumb about this. SOA has reskins but it was exactly the same weapon model. PSO2 now atleast changes the color. Which some weapons look x10 better a different color anyways.

Also, sword users might like this.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010047.png

Ezodagrom
Dec 1, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'm fine with recoloured weapons in PSO2, as long as there's also proper new weapons as well.
Also, so far recolours usually mean stronger versions of weaker weapons, which in some cases means being able to use possibly nice looking weapons with actually decent stats, instead of some weapon that may look nice only having weak stats.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hey, at least they actually change parts of the model alongside the color.

(This is in stark contrast to the original PSO where they really were just straight-up recolors all the way!)

But 'laziness' is a bit harsh anyways, there are multiple reasons to use recolors wherever possible. It increases visual variety for very little cost (cost being a big factor here), it allows them to prevent old weapon models from being completely deprecated as the level cap rises, and it creates a palpable sense of advancement as you see the same weapons getting more powerful variations.

Outside of adding a method to re-skin weapons, it's the best way to re-use weapon models that people enjoy but have stats that are too weak to be viable.

Edit: I see I was ninja'd here. Twice. Oh, well!

Shirai

Red weapons, awesome!

Although,
It'd be cool if they made them the same models as the Red series from PSO. But, oh well.
Red weapons, still cool. :wacko:

BIG OLAF
You're being dumb about this.

Incorrect, but even if you were right, you'd still be way ahead of me, and everyone else, in that respect.

SOA has reskins but it was exactly the same weapon model. PSO2 now atleast changes the color. Which some weapons look x10 better a different color anyways.

SOA? No, it was PSU in general. It's just that JP PSU had a lot more weapons to choose from, so it seems like a more moot point there.

Also, I'm talking about enemies as well. Unless you're going to foolishly deny that, too.

Golto
Dec 1, 2012, 01:09 PM
I guess with the weapon hidden abilites all these reskins can spread out the different abilities.

[Ayumi]
Dec 1, 2012, 01:11 PM
I don't see Guld Millas, making this very useless.

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 01:11 PM
Incorrect, but even if you were right, you'd still be way ahead of me, and everyone else, in that respect.

SOA? No, it was PSU in general. It's just that JP PSU had a lot more weapons to choose from, so it seems like a more moot point there.

Also, I'm talking about enemies as well. Unless you're going to foolishly deny that, too.

Though we're talking about weapons and units, not enemies.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 01:18 PM
;2887611']I don't see Guld Millas, making this very useless.

look again, they're there; in between the 1911 and SMG...

..Er, in between the two Yasminkovs

[Ayumi]
Dec 1, 2012, 01:24 PM
look again, they're there; in between the 1911 and SMG...

..Er, in between the two Yasminkovs

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

SEGA PLEASE GIVE ME NOW! PLEASE!

Just don't make it drop from something like a Rare Ragne Arigani or whatever....

Csero
Dec 1, 2012, 01:28 PM
I like the daggers that just look like two plain katanas. Should fit well with my ninja scheme.

Eman2417
Dec 1, 2012, 02:16 PM
That green Duel gaze... and those pink wings... Must get.
And looks like Psycho wand will be a rod.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 1, 2012, 02:30 PM
Did I just a see a MAG that resembles the basic Partner Machinery from PSU?

Interesting if they bring the evolved PMs from PSU in game...that would be cool....add another options to the evolution tree and you can have a lil person wielding a big *** weapon around with you lol

Angelo
Dec 1, 2012, 02:37 PM
considering we still have another 50 levels to go before hitting the True Cap...

I really hope not. 60 should be more than fine considering they want to add new classes.

Besides, any requirement too ridiculous would ruin the appeal of the EXCube shop.

Csero
Dec 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
Did I just a see a MAG that resembles the basic Partner Machinery from PSU?

Interesting if they bring the evolved PMs from PSU in game...that would be cool....add another options to the evolution tree and you can have a lil person wielding a big *** weapon around with you lol

Seconded. I miss my GH470 :-(

Jakosifer
Dec 1, 2012, 02:44 PM
WHERE IS ABSOLUTE BLADE I DON'T SEE IT BUT I'M ALSO KIND OF BLIND SO YEAH ALSO WHERE IS TENI'MUSOU WHY DO I NOT SEE IT

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 02:51 PM
WHERE IS ABSOLUTE BLADE I DON'T SEE IT BUT I'M ALSO KIND OF BLIND SO YEAH ALSO WHERE IS TENI'MUSOU WHY DO I NOT SEE IT

It's next to nyoibo (Absolute blade is)

Ryoten
Dec 1, 2012, 02:54 PM
So even though we have all of these cool weapons, we still don't get the basic rare item that everyone know & love.....DB sabers...-_-

Insane food dish
Dec 1, 2012, 03:02 PM
Wonder how long it will take me to get that Falz Rod to drop.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 03:14 PM
A THIRD tier of recolors?

What.

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 03:16 PM

What.

Nonono, but it's okay, because they're making the weapons "level up" with you, or whatever goofy apologist excuse that was used a page or two ago.

Cut it any way y'all would like, but it's laziness, plain and simple.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 03:21 PM
Nonono, but it's okay, because they're making the weapons "level up" with you, or whatever goofy apologist excuse that was used a page or two ago.

Cut it any way y'all would like, but it's laziness, plain and simple.

Oh, well, in that case it's totally fine. Who needs new weapons when we have a whole rainbow to splash on existing weapons?

Why do we even have THESE weapons? Just recolor the starter weapons and add glitter. Maybe splash on some unusual particle effects like burning flames or confetti (one of those would obviously be worth more than the other).

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 03:28 PM
Oh boy Red Weapons are back

PSO2 Luna
Dec 1, 2012, 03:41 PM
6 colors each for Santa Dresses and Matoi costumes?:-o

omg, my meseta is going to take a huge hit lol...

Zeota
Dec 1, 2012, 03:47 PM
Ope! Lavis blades and double cannon! <3

I cannot help but notice the lack of a lavis cannon. Maybe I overlooked it somehow among the gunslanshes.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 03:48 PM
I really hope not. 60 should be more than fine considering they want to add new classes.

Besides, any requirement too ridiculous would ruin the appeal of the EXCube shop.
Well, I didn't say we would be hitting it anytime soon.

If anything, I wouldn't expect us to hit level cap 100 for at least two years (if that).

What.
Did you ever play the original PSO? PSU?

We had, what, 5 tiers of recolors, all of which only changed the color of the blade? Heh.

You guys are so spoiled.

Edit: Oh, gawd, I remembered now... In PSU we had 6 tiers of recolors for the basic weapons (1*-6*), and they all only changed the color of the hilt (the blade color determined by element, ofc). In the original PSO, we had 5 tiers of recolors for the basic weapons... oh, and we only had one basic weapon model for each weapon type instead of the 3 + two uncommons we have now.

Seriously. Spoiled. You guys. Hahahahaha!

Ezodagrom
Dec 1, 2012, 03:55 PM

We had, what, 5 tiers of recolors, all of which only changed the color of the blade? Heh.

You guys are so spoiled.
Indeed, I mean, I would understand complaining about this if we were only getting recoloured weapons and nothing else, but is there anything wrong in getting both new weapons and recolours?

Zeota
Dec 1, 2012, 03:59 PM
Not only that, but the 9-star variants in the original PSO didn't even get their own models until Ep. 1&2!

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well, I didn't say we would be hitting it anytime soon.

If anything, I wouldn't expect us to hit level cap 100 for at least two years (if that).

We had, what, 9 tiers of recolors, all of which only changed the color of the blade? Heh.

You guys are so spoiled.

I was waiting for this response. I didn't play PSU because of the sheer number of reskinned maps. PSO reskinned maps in ultimate, then reskinned the lowest tier enemies in several maps. PSO's weapon reskins were, after v1, limited to just the basic equipment and a handful of new weapons.

It was not virtually every single rare that was reskinned.

Stop being such an obvious apologist, or at least start being a good one.

Anon_Fire
Dec 1, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wow, did I just spot the returning red weapons? :)

Let's see:

Red Sword
Red Wired Lance
Red Partisan
Red Knuckles
Red Double Saber
Red Daggers
Red Gunslash
Red Assault Rifle
Red Launcher
Red Twin Machine Guns
Red Rod
Red Talis
Red Wand

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 04:18 PM
I was waiting for this response. I didn't play PSU because of the sheer number of reskinned maps. PSO reskinned maps in ultimate, then reskinned the lowest tier enemies in several maps. PSO's weapon reskins were, after v1, limited to just the basic equipment and a handful of new weapons.

It was not virtually every single rare that was reskinned.

You're being obnoxious.

The game already has more actual models between all the different rares than the original PSO ever had. A few recolors aren't going to kill you.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 04:19 PM
You're being obnoxious.

The game already has more actual models between all the different rares than the original PSO ever had. A few recolors aren't going to kill you.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 04:20 PM
A few recolors aren't going to kill you.

DoubleCannon
Dec 1, 2012, 04:20 PM
FUCKING DOUBLECANNON!!! VICTORY WILL BE MINE! YESSSS

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 04:23 PM
A few recolors aren't going to kill you.

Doesn't change the fact that its lazy

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 04:27 PM
Doesn't change the fact that its lazy
They're included alongside entirely new models.

Seriously, folks, this is smart usage of development resources. It takes them a few minutes, if that, to knock out a new texture so they have something to add to the drop tables so it's not just that one rare that's dropping all of a sudden, and they add those alongside the actual new models that took a LOT of man-hours to create.

You would have a point if it were only recolors.

It's not only recolors.

DoubleCannon
Dec 1, 2012, 04:30 PM
I cant help but notice on the swords? IS that TSU-J-SWORD!? Can;t spell full thing lol, but yeah! looks like it?

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2012, 04:32 PM
It'd be nice...

If they simply picked better looking weapons to reskin...

/stares @ fugly model used for red knuckle ~_~

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 04:33 PM
I cant help but notice on the swords? IS that TSU-J-SWORD!? Can;t spell full thing lol, but yeah! looks like it?
Pretty sure that's the Akatsuki In. It has an entry on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=27

It'd be nice...

Eh. I think the knuckle models in general are not terribly good-looking.

DoubleCannon
Dec 1, 2012, 04:34 PM
Awe thought it might not be, however I do see psycho wand lol. Regardless DoubleCannon made the cut and once ultimate is released and I can hunt that weapon.. I won't stop until I have it!

Ezodagrom
Dec 1, 2012, 04:39 PM
It'd be nice...

I wouldn't be surprised if the other 3* models would get red versions at a later time.

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 04:42 PM
Please god no

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2012, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the other 3* models would get red versions at a later time.

I do however take interest in those blue boxing gloves, assuming stats don't suck and that they're also all-class.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 04:49 PM
They're included alongside entirely new models.

Seriously, folks, this is smart usage of development resources. It takes them a few minutes, if that, to knock out a new texture so they have something to add to the drop tables so it's not just that one rare that's dropping all of a sudden, and they add those alongside the actual new models that took a LOT of man-hours to create.

You would have a point if it were only recolors.

It's not only recolors.

Ah, finally, the next reused talking point on the list. This has been a point of contention since games began. You know, this talking point used to also include things such as needing room on the disc, and recolors saving file space. That was a better talking point than that Sega can't afford to hire any more people for the art department, and instead has to put in probably about 60% of its items as reskins.

It is 2012. How the practice of doing the literal majority of items as reskins is considered acceptable, nevermind defensible, is way, way beyond my grasp.

edit: You know, people point out to me that "all my posts are negative." They're not, but I get why they think that. Someone I was talking to said they play this game because it has potential. It sure as fuck does, that's why I'm still playing it despite the issues I have with it. But I want better for this game than it's getting. I want it to succeed, and I want it to be one of those contenders for best in its genre. PSO went down as one of the best of its era to most who played it past forest - and I don't mean just rabid fanboys, I mean it helped extend and even in some ways spearhead the genre it was in. PSU did not do that at all. PSO2 is doing that in some ways, with greatly improved combat mechanics, but in others it's just plainly not. I want this game to succeed, be creative, be original, and leave a mark on the industry. Things such as reskins and lazy RNG-based mechanics will not improve the genre, it's just more of the same.

I want Sega to be daring again, but apparently it disagrees. And that is unfortunate.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ah, finally, the next reused talking point on the list. This has been a point of contention since games began. You know, this talking point used to also include things such as needing room on the disc, and recolors saving file space. That was a better talking point than that Sega can't afford to hire any more people for the art department, and instead has to put in probably about 60% of its items as reskins.

It is 2012. How the practice of doing the literal majority of items as reskins is considered acceptable, nevermind defensible, is way, way beyond my grasp.
What? You really think knocking out brand new models suddenly becomes trivial just because time has passed and technology has advanced?

Actually, it's the exact opposite. The cost of producing a single weapon model has gone up tremendously relative to the year 2001. Where before you would only have to produce a low-poly model with a single texture for the whole thing, today you have to build a low-poly and a high-poly version, using the high-poly version to create the normal map (or otherwise create the normal map by hand), plus specular maps, an emissive channel (for the glowy bits), and in some cases even custom shaders, particle effects, and sound effects. Now multiply this by how many weapon models you have to create for the entire cast - remember, we have 13 weapon types in the game. That's a LOT of models.

Making this stuff is a non-trivial task. It is an ever-present problem. That's why so much of the tech for the next-generation is focused on creating tools to speed up the workflow - this stuff takes time.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that SEGA should have unlimited development resources and should be able to bust out 5 new rare models for every weapon with every major update? Because, if so, your expectations are badly in need of tempering. Reality just doesn't work that way.

By the way, the pace they're keeping is far in advance of almost any other developer on the entire planet. Even WoW doesn't give you so many different weapon skins with their major expansions, and those only come once every six months!

I reiterate: Spoiled. Totally, totally spoiled. You guys. Hahahahaha!

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 04:59 PM
What? You really think knocking out brand new models suddenly becomes trivial just because time has passed and technology has advanced?

Actually, it's the exact opposite. The cost of producing a single weapon model has gone up tremendously relative to the year 2001. Where before you would only have to produce a low-poly model with a single texture for the whole thing, today you have to build a low-poly and a high-poly version, using the high-poly version to create the normal map (or otherwise create the normal map by hand), plus specular maps, an emissive channel (for the glowy bits), and in some cases even custom shaders, particle effects, and sound effects. Now multiply this by how many weapon models you have to create for the entire cast - remember, we have 13 weapon types in the game. That's a LOT of models.

Making this stuff is a non-trivial task. It is an ever-present problem. That's why so much of the tech for the next-generation is focused on creating tools to speed up the workflow - this stuff takes time.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that SEGA should have unlimited development resources and should be able to bust out 5 new rare models for every weapon with every major update? Because, if so, your expectations are badly in need of tempering. Reality just doesn't work that way.

By the way, the pace they're keeping is far in advance of almost any other developer on the entire planet. Even WoW doesn't give you so many different weapon skins with their major expansions, and those only come once every six months!

I reiterate: Spoiled. Totally, totally spoiled. You guys. Hahahahaha!

Yeah, you're completely missing my point in attempt to mindlessly defend Sega and everything it ever does/did/will do. Read my last post's edit to see what my point is.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, you're completely missing my point in attempt to mindlessly defend Sega and everything it ever does/did/will do. Read my last post's edit to see what my point is.
And I say again - your expectations are completely unrealistic. They are out of this world, even.

Now, if we're talking innovation, the whole emergency code thing is pretty well up there. The idea that they can just drop in events to change up the gameplay, and just keep on dropping in more and more and more and more of them - I really, really like that. Truth is, they built this game to be endlessly extendable, and it shows with how crazy-brisk the update schedule has been.

And with how transparent the development process is - with the devs actively working to fix things the players complain about - that is admirable. It's really goddamn impressive. It's a shame that the business side of the game often clashes with that, but that is the simple reality of the situation. They have to make money, and making money means making compromises. Always making compromises.

Remember this: if they actively worked on the business side to make things more consumer-friendly, there is a pretty high chance that they won't see a return on such an investment. The market doesn't work that way, sadly. Them's the breaks.

Edit: And you're being particularly obnoxious with the whole 'fanboy' spiel. Cut that crap out - it poisons the discussion and it's completely moronic to boot considering how critical I am of many of the game's other systems.

Ezodagrom
Dec 1, 2012, 05:52 PM

I still fail to understand what's the problem, it's not like they're only releasing recolours, why is it a problem for them to be releasing both new weapons and recolours?

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 05:55 PM
I would like to hereby rescind anything I have previously stated. A handful of new weapons and a reskin of nearly every past rare is totally cool and fine and not in any way shape or form lazy.

Carry on.

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2012, 05:55 PM
This is a terrible game, we're all just playing it because we're the kind of fans that would even go out of our way to play in in Japanese.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
I would like to hereby rescind anything I have previously stated. A handful of new weapons and a reskin of nearly every past rare is totally cool and fine and not in any way shape or form lazy.

Carry on.Methinks you need to take another look at the list of items (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=27).

Also, you seem to be under the assumption that the recolors are there instead of something else. That is an incredibly lazy assumption to make.

What's funny is that they could have omitted recolors entirely and then you'd instead be complaining about the lack of more stuff.

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Methinks you need to take another look at the list of items (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=27).

Also, you seem to be under the assumption that the recolors are there instead of something else. That is an incredibly lazy assumption to make.

What's funny is that they could have omitted recolors entirely and then you'd instead be complaining about the lack of more stuff.

So even though he's dropping out of the "debate", you still assault him? Classy.

Also, I find the jab of certain people being "spoiled" hilarious coming from the guy who absolutely has to play with his graphics setting jacked out of the roof, and then some.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Methinks you need to take another look at the list of items (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=27).

This is an important distinction. No, I don't think recolors replaced items at first.

I think they replaced weapons later, when people had no problem with them and the devs realized they could get away with doing more of them.

Oops, I mean I think reskins are absolutely fine and never at all possibly lazy, not even a little bit.

Rootsuki
Dec 1, 2012, 06:20 PM
Oh snap! It's a Pete partner machine! :o I mean mag...:3

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 06:27 PM
This is an important distinction. No, I don't think recolors replaced items at first.

I think they replaced weapons later, when people had no problem with them and the devs realized they could get away with doing more of them.

Oops, I mean I think reskins are absolutely fine and never at all possibly lazy, not even a little bit.
That is an incredibly cynical suggestion. I don't believe it for a second.

Players love seeing new rares. They wouldn't just start pumping out recolors in place of new models, especially when said recolors are so easy to create in the first place.

But if you're going to assume the worst at all possible times, well, you've got issues, frankly. There's nothing that will please you then. Nothing at all.

Edit: By the way, this has been planned all along. I mean, that much is bloody obvious - of course they were going to have 3 tiers for every major weapon in the game, they already set the precedent with the 1-6* weapons. It was going to be done no matter what.

Doesn't mean they suddenly stopped producing new rares in favor of them.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 06:39 PM
That is an incredibly cynical suggestion. I don't believe it for a second.

Players love seeing new rares. They wouldn't just start pumping out recolors in place of new models, especially when said recolors are so easy to create in the first place.

But if you're going to assume the worst at all possible times, well, you've got issues, frankly. There's nothing that will please you then. Nothing at all.

Edit: By the way, this has been planned all along. I mean, that much is bloody obvious - of course they were going to have 3 tiers for every major weapon in the game, they already set the precedent with the 1-6* weapons. It was going to be done no matter what.

Doesn't mean they suddenly stopped producing new rares in favor of them.

I did not read this, and you are massively overestimating the degree to which I care about arguing with you on Phantasy Star Online World: A Phantasy Star Online Internet Forum.

I already said I was dropping it, and I even made a bet you'd keep going. Time to collect.

It's time to let it go Zyru.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 06:42 PM
I did not read this
And I am now sad.

You disappoint me, gigawuts.

So disappointing.

I expected better.

Silly me. I should always assume everyone is an idiot and talk down to them like the blowhards they are. After all, they will never do me the favor of giving me an actual dialogue.

What a shame.

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 06:44 PM
I should always assume everyone is an idiot and talk down to them like the blowhards they are.

Really not helping your case. Going back to your ways of old, I see.

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 06:51 PM
Well when everyone's just being a dick, it's kind of hard to hold the higher ground, now, isn't it?

I'm beginning to wonder what's going on here, because it feels like everybody's gone crabby all of a sudden. Like they're off their meds or something. Seriously, wtf's going on here?

It's getting impossible to hold a conversation here with the amount of sheer hate going around.

Edit: Oh, no, no, wait. I get it. I'm on the wrong forum.

It's funny. I get used to actual, reasoned discourse on other forums and then I just forget about how some places are outright cesspools at times.

I wish the whole of the internet would raise its standards some day.

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 07:03 PM
You're trying to defend something you really shouldn't. That's why. No one wants to waste their time arguing over something they feel shouldn't even be argued

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 07:03 PM
Zyru, listen, I know how strongly you feel about this; but Giga said he was done. You both care about this game; so why don't you two just agree to disagree and move on.

After all, no matter how much you two debate it here, that doesn't change what Sega is going to do, right?

Laxedrane
Dec 1, 2012, 07:11 PM

Well reskins aren't like a cardinal sin IMO. So long as they are layered in with new weapons and units I don't have an issue. Some reskins and re-used weapons in psu were of models I really enjoyed so that part of it didn't bother me. However what they represented weapons new weapon models that did exist on another server bothered me.

That isn't the case here, so until they exclusively do re-skins I am not going to be upset or act like this suddenly is a bad game becuase of it. I would love to be able to use my big ol hammer again that use to be the second strongest wand in the game again even under a different color.

That being said I will say I am disappointed in their re-skinning choices. In terms of color. Dousing a weapon in a new color wash of red blue or green is lazy re-skinning.

Re-skinning should be a chance to layer in more detail or removing some to distinctive traits. Let's take my hammer as an example again. They could of changed the design on the hammer. Changed the design of the handle or even the tassle, or remove the tassle all together either replace it or not for a design change. Even of they just inverted the colors would of been an effort. More of an effort then this red blue green design philosophy.

Also take notes on this one here sega... RED is not a good choice in recoloring ICE BASED WEAPONS. Try black with light or dark blue.

Ezodagrom
Dec 1, 2012, 07:11 PM
After all, no matter how much you two debate it here, that doesn't change what Sega is going to do, right?
True, plus, in my opinion the game has bigger problems than something as trivial as recolours, it's something that isn't really worth discussing about. ^^;

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 07:20 PM
True, plus, in my opinion the game has bigger problems than something as trivial as recolours, it's something that isn't really worth discussing about. ^^;
Well that's what boggles my mind the most.

People here acting like the recolors are absolutely goddamn terrible, like they should never, ever, ever do recolors ever. It's absurd.

Keyblade59
Dec 1, 2012, 07:21 PM
Saw Psycho wand variant, and what appears to be yas 7000V. I am sprung.

There is also guld milla and frozen shooter but that was already shown before.

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 07:30 PM
Well that's what boggles my mind the most.

People here acting like the recolors are absolutely goddamn terrible, like they should never, ever, ever do recolors ever. It's absurd.

There's a difference between recolors of popular weapons, and 2 recolors for every friggin rare.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 1, 2012, 07:30 PM
AWesome Red weapons. very nice.... Still praying they will add in the black with purple blade version of thte Court/Coat Edge (the sword the masked man has in the story quests). Must hunt Double Cannon!

Tenlade
Dec 1, 2012, 07:39 PM
There's a difference between recolors of popular weapons, and 2 recolors for every friggin rare.

I actually want a 2nd recolor of the dinian rod, thing looks so awesome but by the time i got one it was already bested by something i already had, same with its first recolor.

spoilers: People who whine about recolors are people who's favorite rare didn't come out in their favorite color. They'll deny it but deep down they're just jealous.

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 07:46 PM
Nope :/

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
Anyways back to the topic.

Elysion and "Dragonslayer?"

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010030.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010027.png

Sparzyle
Dec 1, 2012, 07:55 PM
I still want my Ebony & Ivory Dual Bird (Master Raven or Last Swan) as Mechguns :L better they come or I'm wasting time lvl'ing Ranger just to get Gunner P:

EDIT: That's not a Elysion D:

2nd EDIT: Hell yeah! Dragon Slayer ;D

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2012, 07:59 PM
It is an Ely Sion though. XD

GoldenFalcon
Dec 1, 2012, 08:00 PM

PSU Ely Sion (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/3245/ely_sion/)

I actually do not know how the names are different between it and the wand/saber in Japanese

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 08:02 PM
I still want my Ebony & Ivory Dual Bird (Master Raven or Last Swan) as Mechguns :L better they come or I'm wasting time lvl'ing Ranger just to get Gunner P:

2nd EDIT: Hell yeah! Dragon Slayer ;D

Yes it is a Elysion
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3245/11133-m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

You're thinking of Ely Sion with a space but the one without a space is the long sword. Or.. is that the other way around. :l

Ce'Nedra
Dec 1, 2012, 08:02 PM
Ope! Lavis blades and double cannon! <3

I cannot help but notice the lack of a lavis cannon. Maybe I overlooked it somehow among the gunslanshes.

I want that to happen...i could care less for the dagger and double saber if I can at least get my Lavis Cannon....

On the other hand a Lavis Sword would be badass as well maybe...as long they make it look like Lavis Cannon and not like Blade/Double Cannon

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 08:05 PM
Elysion, thy name is Enforcer, and I shall have you!

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2012, 08:06 PM
Those new swords do look pretty ace.

I still want my Ruin Charm, though...

Sparzyle
Dec 1, 2012, 08:09 PM
Yes it is a Elysion
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3245/11133-m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

You're thinking of Ely Sion with a space but the one without a space is the long sword. Or.. is that the other way around. :l
Elysion is the PSO wand

Ely Sion is one of the most powerful swords from PSU I see

Mysterious-G
Dec 1, 2012, 08:13 PM
Dat drama. Not like most people here will ever see any of those drop in the first place, right? :wacko:

I've grown up with RPGs doing recolors and so it has become a trivial thing I personally feel has a certain charm to it for whatever reason.

I strongly suspect them to add a new huge bunch of items planned for release to the game data at a later point, including of course a whole lot more of PSO weapons. I am not really agreeing with all the complaints I see, either, since I actually am surprised about the amount of new weapons they designed, rather than just going the flat-out nostalgia approach from the start by just adding in one PSO weapon after another.

Noblewine
Dec 1, 2012, 08:16 PM
Look at all the shinies. =0
Also your weapons level up? Is this a new mechanic or did I misread something.

edit: bookmarked that link.

Tajima Hirago
Dec 1, 2012, 08:19 PM
Anyways back to the topic.

Elysion and "Dragonslayer?"

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010030.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010027.png

Yes! Now give us Rangers the Edel Fucil dammit!:-x

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 08:27 PM
Just going to put out some things people were talking about and what I thought looked cool.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1050028.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1050024.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1050023.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1040034.png
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1040026.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1040025.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010022.pnghttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010054.png

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oh look, another "sheathed" twin dagger...

Err, I mean

BLESS THESE GIFTS SEGA HATH BESTOW-ED UPON US.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2012, 08:40 PM
Chainsawds? Oh god, chainsawds? Sega had to reel my attention right back, didn't they?

And whatever that red one is looks cool.

Shirai
Dec 1, 2012, 08:45 PM
Oh look, another "sheathed" twin dagger...

Err, I mean

BLESS THESE GIFTS SEGA HATH BESTOW-ED UPON US.

Quit hatin'
They're from PSO1.

Twin kamui.

They're much cooler than the other ones that SEGA released.

Side note, yay chainsawd :D

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 08:47 PM
Quit hatin'
They're from PSO1.

Twin kamui.

I know what the Twin Kamui is; I'm not talking about those. Try looking on the upper-right corner in Lostbob's latest post there. Good try, though.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2012, 08:48 PM
And it'll probably not be all class. Sigh. Not that it matters with my luck with rare twin daggers. That red one looks like a rod or wand though. Wish the blade end was longer.

Shirai
Dec 1, 2012, 08:52 PM
I know what the Twin Kamui is; I'm not talking about those. Try looking on the upper-right corner. Good try, though.

Good try? Dude, I wasn't even attempting anything.

When you talk about something being sheathed, be more specific when there's more than one. It'd make people understand what you're talking about easier.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
Man, can't even talk about the weapons without going back and forth...

crying shame. :/

The Walrus
Dec 1, 2012, 08:58 PM
Makes you wonder how this community has survived so long

Shirai
Dec 1, 2012, 09:01 PM
is there a thread that doesn't have any arguments started?

didn't even have the intentions of starting one anyways. :(

Daggart
Dec 1, 2012, 09:02 PM
So for those confused:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2s1njvq.png
This is an Elysion. Nice looking wand. Speaking of, it was shown in the recent trailer wasn't it?

Also huh, I remember seeing a bunch of this stuff months ago. I'm guessing the first image is just a "oh hey here's an icon of every existing item in data" as of recent (Like the Lavis stuff back in September).

Enforcer MKV
Let's not focus on that. ^^;

I wonder how powerful those red weapons are gonna be?

Mokyu
There needs to be more love for rangers. :(

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 09:08 PM
Good try? Dude, I wasn't even attempting anything.

When you talk about something being sheathed, be more specific when there's more than one. It'd make people understand what you're talking about easier.

I apologize, then. I just thought it would have been clear since the Oboro and Nishiki are the only daggers with sheaths thus far.

I don't know how to feel about the Elysion being a wand. I guess it makes the most sense, since we don't have sabers, but...doesn't feel right.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2012, 09:09 PM
What IS with that awfully ill looking Green Salvadore recolour? The green Suffering at least looks decent enough, but that shade of camouflage green is just ugh.

Edit:

@Big Olaf: Since it is a wand, it'll look more like a proper magic sword, especially with Wand Gear. Should be all good. I'm looking forward to Arc Sabers appearing, even though I know I'll never get one. :P

Syklo
Dec 1, 2012, 09:18 PM
I'm surprised no one has commented on the copyright mark......

(c) sgea

RemChu
Dec 1, 2012, 09:57 PM
Man, can't even talk about the weapons without going back and forth...

crying shame. :/

Must be Dark Falz's influence at work....
if we are divided we can never bring down its first form. =]

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 11:04 PM
Must be Dark Falz's influence at work....
if we are divided we can never bring down its first form. =]

totally agree. :p

Lostbob117
Dec 1, 2012, 11:33 PM
Seems like people are confused of what this is.., It's a sword.
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010054.png

Syklo
Dec 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
Seems like people are confused of what this is.., It's a sword.
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/ui_item_1010054.png
I thought it was a gunslash.....
cuz it looked like the gun scissor.

Insane food dish
Dec 2, 2012, 12:19 AM
I'm surprised no one has commented on the copyright mark......

Guess they wanted to pull a Capcpom.