PDA

View Full Version : Translations among the radio chatter?

Punisher106
Dec 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
You know, it's always bugged me, wondering what the hell the three girls were saying and such when they'd pop up. Now, I'm not talking about the message boxes that show what they're actually saying, I'm talking about the voice. You know, for example, when you clear an E-trial headed by Hilda, she says something along the lines of "Hm. Jo Shimi dana." or Meilitta saying something like "Scattadanai desu..." when you fail an E-trial that she's heading. Even a few voices of the players, when they PB, they sometimes say something that sounds like "Kurodekineri" or something. Anyone know a good translation of what they're actually saying? I did try running those through a translator, but got nothing. At least nothing coherent.

Laxedrane
Dec 2, 2012, 11:07 PM
The english patch translate most of them. They range from warnings. To just further explanations of E trial at hand.(Hilde explains mining) Some times they will say things that indicate a trial has started esle where on the map which is quite helpful. Sometimes they will just say things that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things and are just mood pieces.... Probably.

Punisher106
Dec 2, 2012, 11:29 PM
The english patch translate most of them. They range from warnings. To just further explanations of E trial at hand.(Hilde explains mining) Some times they will say things that indicate a trial has started esle where on the map which is quite helpful. Sometimes they will just say things that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things and are just mood pieces.... Probably.

Kind of missed my point entirely. I'm talking about the audible things, what they actually say. You know, like when an E-trial happens that Brigitta heads, she says like "Kinku nei naku desu!" or something like that.

Syklo
Dec 2, 2012, 11:44 PM
I can help with a several of the transcripts (I'm still learning japanese myself so do excuse me if there's any errors)

仕方がないです。 (Shikataganaidesu) = There's no way..../No can do. (Literally "There is no method")

まだまだ (madamada, spoken on revival for most voices) = Not yet... (Lit. Still-Still)

うんん、大きそうですよ...たぶん (Unn, ookisoudesuyo, tabun) = hmm, this reading (implied) seems to be quite big, probably.

え、え、ええぁーー!!!!!! 何これ!?!?(eh,eh,EEEEAAAAAAGH!! !! nanikore!?!?) = eh, eh, EEEAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!! WHAT IS THIS!?!?

かくいんにれんらく (Kakuin ni renraku, or something like that) = Contact made with (something) nearby / Contacting all ARKS (implied?)

Excuse that last one, I don't quite recall the exact phrasing.

P.S. I can just imagine the localised version of that 4th one there.

Punisher106
Dec 3, 2012, 12:22 AM
Oh! Well, interesting. If you can translate them all, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Syklo
Dec 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
Oh! Well, interesting. If you can translate them all, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I probably can't. Someone else could, though, if they really wanted to.

And I still need to re-hear the other lines of speech lol

Kichi
Dec 3, 2012, 02:36 AM
Correction on the "Shikatta ga nai": while your literal, word-for-word translation is spot on, the more accurate meaning is "Oh well" or "It can't be helped." A basic kind of unfortunate but hard to avoid message.

Alenoir
Dec 3, 2012, 03:08 AM
「緊急通達だ、よく聞け」 -> Emergency notice, pay attention. (Hilda, commanding tone.)
「上首尾だな」 -> Well done. (Hilda)
「結果は結果だ」 -> When you fail a code, I have no translation for this. (Hilda)

Syklo
Dec 3, 2012, 03:35 AM
Correction on the "Shikatta ga nai": while your literal, word-for-word translation is spot on, the more accurate meaning is "Oh well" or "It can't be helped." A basic kind of unfortunate but hard to avoid message.

Yes, thanks for that.
I was trying to think of suitable phrases but the one I put up was the only one I could come up with...:|