PDA

View Full Version : Alt characters - pros vs cons?

TheszNuts
Dec 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
I want a second character but am stuck between buying it or making a second account. What are the pros and cons of both options?

blace
Dec 3, 2012, 03:26 AM
Pros for having a second character on the same account:

Keep your friends list.
Shared storage.
Shared ID.
Bound items can be used on another.
Register a character and summon it as an NPC with another.
Cons for having a second character on the same account:

Not being able to hide yourself from unwanted players.
Pretty much what I can think of and heard.

As for having multiple accounts:

Pros:

Able to register other accounts as friends to summon as NPC's.
Be your own team, ie. multiple clients, different PC, etc.
Cons:

Individual storage.
Different ID.
And generally what is listed as pros for having it on the same account.

Z-0
Dec 3, 2012, 08:47 AM
Also, having multiple characters also allows you to do the TACOs more than once a day and lets you put the meseta onto all your chars. Sometimes I rake in 1,700,000 meseta from doing them on all my characters.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 3, 2012, 09:22 AM
You can still summon a NPC from the same account, but you can only bring the one you registered.

In my case I registered Ce'Nedra as a NPC so when I play as Lyaela I can bring Ce'Nedra with me, however I can't bring Lyaela as NPC when I play as Ce'Nedra. That is something you can do with multiple accounts though.

Also another con to alt account is that it saves you 500 AC you need to make the second character and the "trouble" for buying webmoney.

RagolianHunter
Dec 3, 2012, 09:51 AM
Do you only pay for the second character once? Or is like your room where you have to buy in 30 day multiples?

IndigoNovember
Dec 3, 2012, 10:27 AM
You can buy a new character, but if you delete that character, you have to buy another new character. You do not buy a 2nd character slot. So as long as you do not delete your new character, you do not need to pay more than once.