PDA

View Full Version : Vader Armor for FO?

suzaku0zero0
Dec 3, 2012, 05:29 AM
would u just boost FO's R def so that ur FO can wear the Vader armor?

I ask cuz I got an untek Vader Tails, if I wear the Vader armor, it will boost Vader tails to be the strongest tails in the game

but I do not know if its worth sacrificing FO def from better FO armor (e.g. Quartz) just for a +90 atk bonus on FO tails

please comment and give reasons

gigawuts
Dec 3, 2012, 06:04 AM
Regular unit set bonus = 45 atk across the board

Unit set bonus + weapon = 90 atk across the board

If you can find a class combo that brings you to more than 432 r-def it might be worth it, if you consider creating a t-atk and r-def mag to optimize using units for only a couple months worth it.

For reference, a fo/te or te/fo gets as high as 403 r-def with the best race/gender combo, which is either male newman or female cast.

I wouldn't advise subbing ranger or gunner to help get the job done either since that brings you to just 420, just get banther units (or ragne units for te/fo like I'm doing)

suzaku0zero0
Dec 3, 2012, 06:51 AM
my character is a Human man, just calculated that even with mag at lvl 150, a lvl 50 Human man do not have the required RA def to use Vader armor (mag would need to have lvl 169 RA def, which is not possible)

if it possible to somehow use the Vader armor set effect to boost Vader Tails? via multi class or other means?

Soultrigger
Dec 3, 2012, 07:06 AM
Short answer: no, boss units are never worth actually meeting the requirement if it's out of the way.

Long answer: if you wear snow set instead, you lose out on 45 T ATK that goes with the weapon set bonus. However, you need more than 45 R DEF to even reach those units, so those mag points that could've been T ATK is now instead going to R DEF.

You could use Ranger as a sub and go for R DEF passive skill, but I would highly highly recommend not to do this.

To even further discourage from doing this: there's already a King Vardha set datamined, doesn't seem worth it to go all out on stuff that's going to become obsolete in the near future.

Alenoir
Dec 3, 2012, 11:50 AM
To even further discourage from doing this: there's already a King Vardha set datamined, doesn't seem worth it to go all out on stuff that's going to become obsolete in the near future.
'Cept King Vadar set wouldn't be compatible with Vadar Bit, even if the King Vadar set end up being for FO.

Dammy
Dec 3, 2012, 12:13 PM
IMHO, even if you able do it - its not worth it
not sure if i did calculations right, but :
Vader talis and Vader set = 672 + 90 bonus = 762
Maisen and Snow Banshee set = 739 + 45 bonus = 784

if im wrong, i apologize

Soultrigger
Dec 3, 2012, 10:57 PM
'Cept King Vadar set wouldn't be compatible with Vadar Bit, even if the King Vadar set end up being for FO.

http://i3.minus.com/iDuw5c6CuyN2Y.png

There's a King Vardha Bit that will most likely have a set bonus as well.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 4, 2012, 12:30 AM
I'd hope the drop rate on King Vardha (or the other bosses) units have a higher drop rate...at least a lil bit...

Dextro
Dec 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
To give you an idea of how absolutely pointless this is...

You have 320 R-DEF as a lv50 FO (assuming most of you play either loli newmans or a human character).
You'll have 400 R-DEF if you sub a lv50 GU or RA.
You'll have 450 R-DEF if you wish to f**k up your skill tree and take one of their 'R-Def' skills to lv10.

Vardha units require 489 R-DEF.
This leaves you to put almost 40 mag points into R-DEF on top of a lv10 skill.
If you simply put those 40 mag points into T-ATK instead, you've pretty much got your set bonus right there...

Coatl
Dec 4, 2012, 02:27 AM
To give you an idea of how absolutely pointless this is...

You have 320 R-DEF as a lv50 FO (assuming most of you play either loli newmans or a human character).
You'll have 400 R-DEF if you sub a lv50 GU or RA.
You'll have 450 R-DEF if you wish to f**k up your skill tree and take one of their 'R-Def' skills to lv10.

Vardha units require 489 R-DEF.
This leaves you to put almost 40 mag points into R-DEF on top of a lv10 skill.
If you simply put those 40 mag points into T-ATK instead, you've pretty much got your set bonus right there...

How about as GU/TE?
Not like you'd need a lot of T-atk for that anyway, except for maybe higher resta.

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 02:47 AM
How about as GU/TE?
Not like you'd need a lot of T-atk for that anyway, except for maybe higher resta.
Vadar Bit is not all class, so you must main a FO or TE to equip it.