PDA

View Full Version : Reduced MST from Time Attack

Miraclearrow
Dec 3, 2012, 09:30 AM
So I heard a rumour through the grapevine that because the time attacks are going to be 'soloable' they're reducing the amount of money you make through Time Attack. Does anyone know if this is true? Because if so that is rediculous they reduce the amount of $ you can make from items then take away the only efficient way of making MST.

CelestialBlade
Dec 3, 2012, 09:46 AM
Source? I can see them doing that, but I hope not. Just want some validity on that because holy shit this place will take that rumor and run with it.

Miraclearrow
Dec 3, 2012, 10:30 AM
I don't have the source, it was floating around team chat this weekend. Sorry I know that sounds illegitimate and that's why I wanted to come to forums to figure out if there was some solid evidence of this :D

The Walrus
Dec 3, 2012, 10:52 AM
It's a rumor. We don't have any proof but I'm pretty sure a lot of us are expecting it

[Ayumi]
Dec 3, 2012, 12:32 PM
OH GOD! EVERYONE TELL EVERYONE THEY'RE DOING IT LIKE IT'S FACT!

Sad thing is I can see this happening very soon... give it a day.

Shadowth117
Dec 3, 2012, 12:44 PM
So I heard a rumour through the grapevine that because the time attacks are going to be 'soloable' they're reducing the amount of money you make through Time Attack. Does anyone know if this is true? Because if so that is rediculous they reduce the amount of $ you can make from items then take away the only efficient way of making MST.

I'm not sure why making it "soloable" would do this since it would be more of a challenge alone (unless they drastically up the time requirement for S/A. The main thing is probably that you only need A rank for those CO's after this update which might kill it unfortunately.

Miraclearrow
Dec 3, 2012, 01:35 PM
^Isn't that kind of one in the same though. I mean, if you know what you're doing they really arent hard they just take time...

So the fact they're making A give you the reward is kind of annoying because you should get more money if you get an S if they do reduce it.

Shadowth117
Dec 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
I would say not, but you're still doing essentially a full team's work alone (assuming they intend to be lazy about it).

I would wager that for the A rank thing, they intended to make it easier for the worse players. Kind of a terrible idea in my opinion to "reward people for sucking" as a friend of mine so aptly phrased that in the past. Especially considering that a good time attack time is but a fraction of the S rank requirement times.

Coatl
Dec 3, 2012, 04:20 PM
Well they aren't just making it soloable.
They are also lowering the requirements so that you can succeed with an A rank, no?
That's a justifiable reason for them to nerf the meseta reward. Not saying that's what I'd like to see, just what I expect.

gigawuts
Dec 3, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'm a bit surprised they haven't created a flexible CO system, with optional sub-objectives and bonus rewards.

Said subobjectives could be, say, S rank instead of A rank, and do with 2+ players instead of solo...

Do solo or below s-rank and get a penalized reward, do with 2+ and s-rank and get current rewards.

Mess it up the first run -> cancel CO -> retake CO -> attempt again

But meh~

Miraclearrow
Dec 4, 2012, 09:10 AM
Ya exactly, my issue is why does it need to be easier. Anyone who was actually running TA's could do them all and S rank them already, so wtf. Anyways, lets just hope for the best.

UnLucky
Dec 5, 2012, 09:55 AM
Wait, how are they good money? Never done a time attack mission before, and the only COs I can find award like 500 MST.

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 10:03 AM
Talk to Clothlo/Kuroto, second floor of the gate area, he wears a red cowboy suit. All of his COs combined can give you around 560k daily if you can run all difficulties. The COs won't start unlocking though untill you've at least cleared tundra exploration and have run a TA mission at least once.

My game hasn't updated yet so I don't know how the COs have altered with the recent patch besides you can solo TAs now and that COs only require A ranks instead of S ranks.

Miraclearrow
Dec 5, 2012, 11:07 AM
Prices are the same. Yay

The Walrus
Dec 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120717015927/random-ness/images/6/6e/Wrestling_yes.gif

UnLucky
Dec 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Talk to Clothlo/Kuroto, second floor of the gate area, he wears a red cowboy suit. All of his COs combined can give you around 560k daily if you can run all difficulties. The COs won't start unlocking though untill you've at least cleared tundra exploration and have run a TA mission at least once.

He's got nothin' for me and I've done up to F.Continent Exploration and just did its TA on normal. Should I do Naberius TA on H/VH?

Miraclearrow
Dec 5, 2012, 12:07 PM
This sounds weird but a lot of the time you need to do it on hard. Its kind of weird..... and finicky.

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 12:40 PM
So essentially TA's are now all around easier and award the same payout.

A shame but I can live with it.

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 12:43 PM
It does take a good deal longer as you have to effectively perform most of the roles by yourself now. But the accessibility is nice for people on small teams like me. I do kind of wish they separated them into different COs with slightly lower payout though.

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 01:03 PM
He's got nothin' for me and I've done up to F.Continent Exploration and just did its TA on normal. Should I do Naberius TA on H/VH?

No, you should do nab normal.

LinkKD
Dec 5, 2012, 01:07 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120717015927/random-ness/images/6/6e/Wrestling_yes.gif

That. lol

and though it's sorta lame it's easier...nerfing the main meseta income most of us can have would be quit a punch on the guts D: so I'm glad the rewards are still the same.

I think they increased the S rank requirement a bit too...so it's easier to do the TACOs but harder to actually S rank it...not that it changes much anything anyway.

I guess that for four people running the patterns didn't change too, right?

UnLucky
Dec 5, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hah, just barely got an A doing Naberius H and opened up the COs.

It's totally doable solo now, but still a much better idea to group up.

Miraclearrow
Dec 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
^Ya i thought so. For some reason doing it on normal sometimes doesnt work. All of my friends got the CO's from doing the TA on hard... So weird lol

jooozek
Dec 5, 2012, 01:32 PM
TACOs don't make sense - how can something so niche give like 50 times higher awards than anything else in this game? And there is really no alternatives. So stupid.

The Walrus
Dec 5, 2012, 01:42 PM
Guess Sega just wanted to give people without shops a really easy way to make meseta

Miraclearrow
Dec 5, 2012, 01:48 PM
Ya, im not gonna lie, I love time attack ahahaha

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 5, 2012, 01:49 PM
Just popping in to say I took a whopping 26:23 on Naberius TA and still got an A rank. Second time I have ever done a TA. Literally anyone should be able to do this. I spent 5 minutes lost on what to do in Tundra and still made it ^^;

Edit: First time on Desrt/Tunnels TA, got S rank with 28:21. Tripping nearly every alarm and backtracking for switches 2-3 times.

UnLucky
Dec 5, 2012, 01:49 PM
Guess Sega just wanted to give people without shops a really easy way to make meseta

Hence the nerf to 5% vendor price?

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 02:11 PM
TACOs don't make sense - how can something so niche give like 50 times higher awards than anything else in this game? And there is really no alternatives. So stupid.

Because MPAing isn't niche, and doesn't compete with TA for profit yields?

jooozek
Dec 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
Because MPAing isn't niche, and doesn't compete with TA for profit yields?

Nothing comes even close to TACOs, MPAs were worthless ever since the vendor nerf. Did you miss out on the vendor nerf? I mean, seriously, how hard is it to see how ridiculous are the rewards from those TACOs compared to whatever else you do in this game.

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 02:20 PM
Nothing comes even close to TACOs, MPAs were worthless ever since the vendor nerf. Did you miss out on the vendor nerf? I mean, seriously, how hard is it to see how ridiculous are the rewards from those TACOs compared to whatever else you do in this game.

I still seem to get decent amounts of dosh from MPAing on the occasion that I do it. The real profit comes from the player shops.

I still stand by my "MPAing is for people who like 12 player gaming, TAing is for people who like 4 player gaming, both are for people who like both" stance.

Miraclearrow
Dec 6, 2012, 09:13 AM
I mean they're different. Your odds of finding rares that go for millions in the shops will not come from time attack. Plus you can only run the TACO's once a day... then what? Also, for anyone who's not maxed out on EXP then you go do MPA's. They're just different. One is for making money, I don't do TACO's with the point of gaining exp. It just adds depth to the game as far as I'm concerned lol.

jooozek
Dec 6, 2012, 09:52 AM
There is no depth to TACOs, get real. How can you even say such a thing? Where is this depth? In spoiling people by giving them undeserved meseta because they memorised some map layout and spawns? It takes also no real effort to clear TACOs. Where is this depth you speak of? The only depth I can see is the black hole being created by the inflation, as it is soon everyone will have to run TACOs to be able to afford anything in this game. When rewards are unbalanced in one part of the game it always messes up the whole game's balance. I'd understand if the COs was something like "Kill Zeshrayda solo with a melee weapon without using restorative items" or "Kill two Wolgadas while being hunted by a Gel Wulff", those would be an actual challenge. But as it is it's basically "hurr hurr lrn map lrn spawns hurr durr steamroll like a baws", where exactly do you deserve to earn those rewards?

Zyrusticae
Dec 6, 2012, 10:40 AM
There's no excuse for not nerfing the crap out of TACO income. The inflation will kill the market and defeats the purpose of decreasing vendor buy/sell-to-vendor prices to begin with.

The reason they refuse to make grinding easier or cheaper, and in fact just keep adding incentives to grind MORE, is precisely because they need a money sink to offset the income from TACOs. Without that money sink, we'd just have runaway inflation.

It's not a matter of one side being rewarded more than another, it's a matter of it being a huge meseta faucet that's bigger than everything else in the game. Not cool.

The Walrus
Dec 6, 2012, 11:35 AM
If they grinding system wasn't shit it'd be totally fine to nerf TACO meseta. Till then hell no keep it the way it is

MetalDude
Dec 6, 2012, 02:23 PM
I don't know. Fighting Banshee along with Gulfurs is more than enough of an infuriating challenge on its own to make up for simple map memorization. They may have changed the map spawns to work for one player, but bosses still have all of their spawns. Banshee and Vol are a massive bitch to fight alone, not to mention the sheer length of time it takes to get there solo. I'd still rather do the VH TACOs in a group.

gigawuts
Dec 6, 2012, 02:28 PM
There's no excuse for not nerfing the crap out of TACO income. The inflation will kill the market and defeats the purpose of decreasing vendor buy/sell-to-vendor prices to begin with.

The reason they refuse to make grinding easier or cheaper, and in fact just keep adding incentives to grind MORE, is precisely because they need a money sink to offset the income from TACOs. Without that money sink, we'd just have runaway inflation.

It's not a matter of one side being rewarded more than another, it's a matter of it being a huge meseta faucet that's bigger than everything else in the game. Not cool.

Unless putting a cap on the limit of meseta per character was the point.

In one sitting you could easily get 1m+ every night in MPA's. That's before selling anything in player shops. That is absurd.

The vendor nerf was never about inflation or making it easier for new players to buy things. If it was they wouldn't have simultaneously gimped low level incomes. They also wouldn't have added 100kx3 TA's after doing this. It was about daily incomes being limited for non-paying players. Want to make the big bucks? Give us some dosh first. Want to make more than what your allotted daily TA's permit, without MPA grinding for another 4 hours on top of that? Give us money so you can make another char. Also, maybe give us money to speed up how fast that char can reach and complete VH TA's.

Saying anything else is just buying into another game company's BS reasoning for why they're restricting yet another feature to make more cash. That's what it always boils down to - making more cash.

edit:

There is no depth to TACOs, get real. How can you even say such a thing? Where is this depth? In spoiling people by giving them undeserved meseta because they memorised some map layout and spawns? It takes also no real effort to clear TACOs. Where is this depth you speak of? The only depth I can see is the black hole being created by the inflation, as it is soon everyone will have to run TACOs to be able to afford anything in this game. When rewards are unbalanced in one part of the game it always messes up the whole game's balance. I'd understand if the COs was something like "Kill Zeshrayda solo with a melee weapon without using restorative items" or "Kill two Wolgadas while being hunted by a Gel Wulff", those would be an actual challenge. But as it is it's basically "hurr hurr lrn map lrn spawns hurr durr steamroll like a baws", where exactly do you deserve to earn those rewards?

And it results in less profit than MPAing did back before the vendor nerf. Can you list me the challenges of MPAing again?

I'm puzzled but also immensely entertained by how angry people are about TA, but were a-ok with MPA's.

Zyrusticae
Dec 6, 2012, 02:47 PM
Unless putting a cap on the limit of meseta per character was the point.

In one sitting you could easily get 1m+ every night in MPA's. That's before selling anything in player shops. That is absurd.

The vendor nerf was never about inflation or making it easier for new players to buy things. If it was they wouldn't have simultaneously gimped low level incomes. They also wouldn't have added 100kx3 TA's after doing this. It was about daily incomes being limited for non-paying players. Want to make the big bucks? Give us some dosh first. Want to make more than what your allotted daily TA's permit, without MPA grinding for another 4 hours on top of that? Give us money so you can make another char. Also, maybe give us money to speed up how fast that char can reach and complete VH TA's.

Saying anything else is just buying into another game company's BS reasoning for why they're restricting yet another feature to make more cash. That's what it always boils down to - making more cash.
You're making some big assumptions here, the principal being the one where you insinuate that they're lying through their teeth.

Please excuse me if I trust Sakai's word over yours.

jooozek
Dec 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
Where did I mention MPAs in that exact post? If you actually read that exact post... you might poopoo a doodoo.

I don't know. Fighting Banshee along with Gulfurs is more than enough of an infuriating challenge on its own to make up for simple map memorization. They may have changed the map spawns to work for one player, but bosses still have all of their spawns. Banshee and Vol are a massive bitch to fight alone, not to mention the sheer length of time it takes to get there solo. I'd still rather do the VH TACOs in a group.

Whoever told you that you need to do those alone? It's Time Attack, a mode in which you apparently need to cooperate with your party so why would you run that solo even if it is possible? It's not efficient and masochistically boring (running around the switches, so fun!).

MetalDude
Dec 6, 2012, 03:13 PM
The option to TA with a full group isn't exactly a readily available thing all the time. And more often than not, we go rare hunting instead of doing TAs simply because it takes a chunk out of the day to do all runs and difficulties. Of course, we settled on doing only VH if we ever get groups together for it so it works out.

The Walrus
Dec 6, 2012, 03:21 PM
You're making some big assumptions here, the principal being the one where you insinuate that they're lying through their teeth.

Dude. It's a F2P game. They want us to play more so we're more likely to give them money. Limiting the money we can efficiently make each day without a shop is doing just that. It's pretty friggin clear what their intentions are. It's the whole reason we have things like the wonderfully shitty grinding system. It keeps us playing to try and get stuff to 10, and we're limited in the number of attempts we can make each day by the amount of money and grinders we have so we have to come back day after day to do TA's to make money in order to grind weapons for the chance of finally maxing them out. It is so incredibly obvious what they want from us and how far they'll go to get it from us that you have to be a fucking moron to not see it.

UnLucky
Dec 6, 2012, 03:23 PM

Yes hello this is Sega, we nerfed the playing experience of all players because we thought it would get us some extra cash money. We are not sorry for any inconvenience.

Seraphus
Dec 6, 2012, 03:25 PM
Where did I mention MPAs in that exact post? If you actually read that exact post... you might poopoo a doodoo.

Whoever told you that you need to do those alone? It's Time Attack, a mode in which you apparently need to cooperate with your party so why would you run that solo even if it is possible? It's not efficient and masochistically boring (running around the switches, so fun!).

There's the depth, you actually have to cooperate/coordinate with your party. Otherwise, its depth goes as far as any Time Attack in any game before: remember these paths/shortcuts, remember to use these skills/moves on this opponent, remember not to trigger anything that will add time, etc.

I think there should be a better incentive to getting better times. Even getting 2nd in a TA ranking actually means getting 5th.

Miraclearrow
Dec 6, 2012, 03:30 PM
This has spiraled into a very stupid argument rather than discussing the original point of the thread. I'm genuinely surprised as to how hostile everyone is in regards to this topic but I think that this is a an EXTREMELY common misconception about game companies in general similar to say, a music artist (which i will get to later).

Firstly, if you have a problem with the game, don't play it. If you have a problem with Sega, don't play their games. People can complain all they want but the definition of a company is: A company is a business organization. It is an association or collection of individual real persons and/or other companies, who each provide some form of capital. This group has a common purpose or focus and an aim of gaining profits....

Don't get it twisted. They have an amazing product but they are still in the business of making money.

jooozek
Dec 6, 2012, 03:42 PM
There's the depth, you actually have to cooperate/coordinate with your party. Otherwise, its depth goes as far as any Time Attack in any game before: remember these paths/shortcuts, remember to use these skills/moves on this opponent, remember not to trigger anything that will add time, etc.

I think there should be a better incentive to getting better times. Even getting 2nd in a TA ranking actually means getting 5th.

I like how you missed totally that I was talking about the client orders.

UnLucky
Dec 6, 2012, 03:48 PM
This has spiraled into a very stupid argument rather than discussing the original point of the thread. I'm genuinely surprised as to how hostile everyone is
Well, the main topic was completely answered, so the thread either dies or devolves into typical forum banter.

Firstly, if you have a problem with the game, don't play it. If you have a problem with Sega, don't play their games. People can complain all they want
Don't like one aspect that prevents it from being the best it could be? Drop it entirely. Good advice.

I like how you missed totally that I was talking about the client orders.
I wouldn't even bother with TAs without the COs. They (the COs) are so easy if you've done the corresponding TA even once, and that's all you do for them. But the daily meseta softcap keeps people playing regularly as opposed to massive farming binges every so often. Either way players get boatloads of cash, but the way they play the game changes ever so slightly in Sega's favor.

gigawuts
Dec 6, 2012, 05:01 PM

And I suppose Fox News is fair and balanced too, eh?

edit:

TA's and MPA's go hand in hand. To suggest otherwise is laughable. THey are both forms of generating income.

All I can get from you two is "wah wah I liked MPAing better than TA why is the one I don't like making more money"

Tenlade
Dec 6, 2012, 05:29 PM
oh man the 2nd thread of this page is interesting, and i have something to contibute. Better check the last page, to see if someone hasn't posted it-

And I suppose Fox News is fair and balanced too, eh?

Oh sorry guys, i thought I was on the board for discussing pso2, my mistake.

Zyrusticae
Dec 6, 2012, 07:23 PM
Yes hello this is Sega, we nerfed the playing experience of all players because we thought it would get us some extra cash money. We are not sorry for any inconvenience.

Dude. It's a F2P game. They want us to play more so we're more likely to give them money. Limiting the money we can efficiently make each day without a shop is doing just that. It's pretty friggin clear what their intentions are. It's the whole reason we have things like the wonderfully shitty grinding system. It keeps us playing to try and get stuff to 10, and we're limited in the number of attempts we can make each day by the amount of money and grinders we have so we have to come back day after day to do TA's to make money in order to grind weapons for the chance of finally maxing them out. It is so incredibly obvious what they want from us and how far they'll go to get it from us that you have to be a fucking moron to not see it.
Wow, you guys are completely insane (or misinformed, either way).

It is EXTREMELY important that the money supply in the game be relatively static, for both customers and for SEGA. ESPECIALLY for SEGA. They need new players to be able to afford items in a reasonable amount of time, otherwise the chances of them quitting before they spend any money becomes far too high. New player conversion is like the holy grail for game designers, especially F2P game designers. What do you think a new player is going to think if they first log in the game and see all the rare outfits are worth tens of millions of meseta? I promise you it won't be positive.

SEGA understood this. They cut off a huge, enormous supply of meseta, slowing down the growth considerably. It may be that TACOs are simply not nearly as large a faucet as the items were - after all, it takes an average party two hours to complete them all, during which a party pre-nerf (in hard mode only, no less) could obtain 300k from vendor sales alone, and it could be done all day long. That was a huge faucet without equal.

But now that they've been nerfed, TACOs are a disproportionately large faucet relative to any other activity in the game. You can't generate that much meseta out of thin air doing anything else. It's just not feasible.

But, maybe, just maybe, things really are fine the way they are. Maybe it's okay if some players can make 500k in the space of two hours while people running around MPAs get lucky to make 60k. After all, they have the chance to pick up a rare or two during that time. But that is still an incredibly huge gap.

And I reiterate, you wouldn't need that much meseta in the first place if the meseta supply weren't already borked with its hugeness. The prices are only that high because the value of a single point of meseta is simply that low. There's no getting around that. It had to be stopped before it grew any more out-of-control.

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 12:39 AM
By making it hand out more then everything else available, Sega made it a preferred method of obtaining cash. By making a 24 hour limit on when you can do it, they essentually put a psuedo cap on how much money you can grind a day, which helps prevent inflation. By making it seperate from the regular grind, it gives players who got all thier levels and rares one more thing to do: grind money for outfits and twinking their gear further and going for best times.

For players not at the level cap, there really isnt even a need for that much money, as the price of almost all low level rares are dirt cheap, and grinders are common enough. If you decided to stick with a female character and decided you cant live without AC outfits, well sucks to be you.

Syklo
Dec 7, 2012, 02:25 AM
Yep, you're naive.
I'd say 'this', but I'm rather naive towards the subject and really, I could care less about what happens to the player market, the npc prices are what I care about, which don't fluctuate (as much).

Not to mention everyone has their own standards on what's "Expensive"

Ontopic: YES MESETA REWARD IS UNCHANGED

eharima
Dec 7, 2012, 04:16 AM
Remember when franka CO used to be 24hr?
....yeah

Won't be long.

Seraphus
Dec 7, 2012, 04:53 AM
Remember when franka CO used to be 24hr?
....yeah

Won't be long.
What? Reaching lvl cap in a few days compared to making money just so you can buy some AC outfit?

Z-0
Dec 7, 2012, 06:40 AM
All I'm getting from this thread is "Oh no, MPAs give much less money than TA, THIS IS UNFAIR".

Get real, MPAs are hella boring (run around in circles!) while TAs require some thought and planning (well, they did, but not anymore LOL).

eharima
Dec 7, 2012, 06:43 AM
What? Reaching lvl cap in a few days compared to making money just so you can buy some AC outfit?

Great way to ignore economics and inflation there brah.

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 09:19 AM
Great way to ignore economics and inflation there brah.

What is there to even inflate in this economy outside the AC scratch? Anything thats not a santa out for some nerd's waifu are all actually rapidly deflating in price. Hell even the brand new Male AC outfits prices have dropped to half, reaching as low as 125k, and these outfits have only existed since the new time attack co's have created.

And say hypothetically it causes inflation in the long term. This puts a limit on how much money you can make per day, and even if they don't lower it now, Sega can later. So even if it causes inflation, it would be a controlled one, with a limit on how much it can raise, and all sega has to do is adjust a few co rewards to fix it.

Miraclearrow
Dec 7, 2012, 09:21 AM
Don't like one aspect that prevents it from being the best it could be? Drop it entirely. Good advice.

Great advice. This topic apparently is the end of the world and the sky is failing. And people REALLY have a problem with it. The fix is simple. If you guys have that much of a problem with the economy in this game, find something else. Would save a ton of time and facepalm. What do you expect your complaining is possibly going to do to affect the outcome lol

"Dear Sega:

Please go back to when it was EXTREMLY easy to make millions of MST so that I'm not forced to pay for AC, so that in turn you make less money.

Love
MiracleArrow"

-Makes sense.

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 09:39 AM
I thought everyone wanted it harder to make money, because INFLATION.

jooozek
Dec 7, 2012, 09:43 AM
I thought everyone wanted it harder to make money, because INFLATION.

That's why everyone wants TACOs nerf, and not MPA buff but no one in this thread apparently can read for shit.
Also, lol daily limit is enough, as if. There are people who have 3 chars that can run TACOs daily. Tell me more about how TACOs don't need a nerf.

What is there to even inflate in this economy outside the AC scratch? Anything thats not a santa out for some nerd's waifu are all actually rapidly deflating in price. Hell even the brand new Male AC outfits prices have dropped to half, reaching as low as 125k, and these outfits have only existed since the new time attack co's have created.

And say hypothetically it causes inflation in the long term. This puts a limit on how much money you can make per day, and even if they don't lower it now, Sega can later. So even if it causes inflation, it would be a controlled one, with a limit on how much it can raise, and all sega has to do is adjust a few co rewards to fix it.

Oh yes, grinders sure fall down in price, same goes for risk protectors lol

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 11:09 AM
Oh yes, grinders sure fall down in price, same goes for risk protectors lol
Grinders have gone down in price from 15k to 10 k, and risk protectors is a case of low supply and high demand, not inflation. I'm actually surprised grinders didnt go up in price from the new system implemented. (dont know how much risk protecters cost)

There are people who have 3 chars that can run TACOs daily. Tell me more about how TACOs don't need a nerf.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say the number of people with 3 characters all grinded to level 40+ who run these CO's daily, and have enough free time to spend hours doing them for all 3 , is a pretty small minority.

edit: by the time i started on this post and got around to finishing it, people have started selling grinders for under 10k. Price is indeed dropping, at least for now.

Z-0
Dec 7, 2012, 12:20 PM
For those who have 3 characters, we can't run TACOs daily because of the Client Order offsets . . . There are days I've gotten 1.7million in a day, but this has happened (at most), 2 times a week.

Added to this, it takes me roughly an hour to do all the TACOs solo on VH (well, maybe a bit less, not sure, I only really tried Lilipa today and haven't got a decent plan for Amduscia), and that's only half of the entire TACO money. It would probably take me another hour and a bit to do Normal and Hard, and spreading this across three characters means A LOT OF TIME per day, and you can't keep repeating due to the Client Order offsets.

Stop complaining just because you don't like running the TACOs or something. I didn't like MPAs when they were the best thing around, but I didn't call for a meseta nerf or anything like that.

I'm also going to add that the best way to get meseta is to just buy a shop with AC. Can make like 10x more than TACOs daily with a shop. Want them to nerf shops, too?

jooozek
Dec 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
Shops don't generate meseta, they sink it, duh.

Miraclearrow
Dec 7, 2012, 01:12 PM
^The force is strong with this one ^^

jooozek
Dec 7, 2012, 01:17 PM
I feel bad for you if you don't understand, "witty" remarks don't really help your case.

Miraclearrow
Dec 7, 2012, 01:20 PM
^I was giving you props

[spoiler-box]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8bha6Viw41qktdsh.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zyrusticae
Dec 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
edit: by the time i started on this post and got around to finishing it, people have started selling grinders for under 10k. Price is indeed dropping, at least for now.
I would hope they do, considering just how much they increased the available supply (trading in 10*s for grinders, FUN scratch giving more, and so on).

I'm also going to add that the best way to get meseta is to just buy a shop with AC. Can make like 10x more than TACOs daily with a shop. Want them to nerf shops, too?
Besides the fact that you're missing the point (I'm not complaining about the severity of the reward, I'm complaining about it being a runaway faucet), this is patently untrue unless you are a divine being blessed by the RNG gods.

Most rares are not valuable. Only the three top-tier rares sell for any decent amount of money at all. This is because they increased the supply in a recent patch, so now you must get extremely lucky to get a rare that people will actually give a toss about and purchase for at least 1m meseta (even Lambda Aristins are selling for 800k a pop now). The things that really sell are the crazy-affixed units and weapons, which, again, requires such incredible luck that you must be a divine being blessed by the RNG gods to make money this way. Well, either that, or an amount of capital so incredibly high that you can absorb all your losses and beat the odds with +20% chance items + mutation + soul tricks.

But I suppose what's really the problem here is the RNG and, especially, the rates of the AC scratches that make female rare outfits so ridiculously high-priced.

UnLucky
Dec 7, 2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, uh, player shop doesn't generate anything, and it eats a fee. The vendor nerf lowers prices for low-end items, so unless you find rares or AC scratch it's not going to be a money maker.

Miraclearrow
Dec 7, 2012, 02:00 PM
^ I have a shop and it's been by far my biggest money maker. I may be lucky but I've made a lot from my shop and before I had it I couldn't get over the hump. I might be an anomaly but I dunno.

And although you're right, it is basically for selling rares...But that is kind of the point of getting a shop. You wait and keep a bunch of items that will generate you a TON of meseta(either fun/ac scrath or rare) and if you wanna get ahead you buy a shop and sell them all :D

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 02:28 PM
So I actually tried soloing these time attack Cos. I have a level 50/47 force/techer , with fire skill tree spec, and holy ****, even the hardmode version was a slog that took a good 20 minutes. I do not look forward to soloing snobanther and his pack of gulfers on vh, and even for all this cash its quickly not becoming worth it to solo,nevermind the fact there's 2 other places I have to time attack after this.

edit: now that i think about it, the average emergency code in vh gives about 1000 meseta per clear. I wonder if the rewards for doing normal mode runs is even worth that much.."

edit2: 24 minutes in, get hit by a ice ball thrown by a mammoth offscreen, then killed by de mamoth while stunned. Whomever tries this stuff daily is a sadist.

Seraphus
Dec 7, 2012, 02:54 PM

This, but people are gonna forget you can't flip items and think you can only sell what has dropped for them. Go on JPN peak time and you could usually buy things for cheap and just put them back up on the market for higher. Although I guess that may be up to chance also.

The best way to make money is selling AC stuff you have received/purchase (which I guess My Shop is the core of it all). But TACO's are extremely nice for people who don't have shops, because AC things are really what are most expensive and inaccessible to those who don't want to pay real money for the game.

Heat Haze
Dec 7, 2012, 03:27 PM
I do Time Attack COs every so often, and I have to say it should be nerfed only because my thought process is something like..

*Sega trying to combat inflation*
*1/4th Sell Back on items*
*Time Attack COs remain the same generating# too much meseta*

I just don't see the logic behind it all.

Although, I could be crazy and throw a conspiracy theory that Sega wants you to log in daily for Time Attack COs just to program your mind to log in every day.

#Yes. I said generating. So don't bring shops into this.

Eman2417
Dec 7, 2012, 03:49 PM
So I actually tried soloing these time attack Cos. I have a level 50/47 force/techer , with fire skill tree spec, and holy ****, even the hardmode version was a slog that took a good 20 minutes. I do not look forward to soloing snobanther and his pack of gulfers on vh, and even for all this cash its quickly not becoming worth it to solo,nevermind the fact there's 2 other places I have to time attack after this.

edit: now that i think about it, the average emergency code in vh gives about 1000 meseta per clear. I wonder if the rewards for doing normal mode runs is even worth that much.."

edit2: 24 minutes in, get hit by a ice ball thrown by a mammoth offscreen, then killed by de mamoth while stunned. Whomever tries this stuff daily is a sadist.
Eh I disagree entirely, TACOs are very much worth it. I for one love doing them.
And you shouldn't even be fighting the De mammoths in the first place.

Coatl
Dec 7, 2012, 03:52 PM
The easiest way to make money in PSO2 is just to own a shop. Let's be honest here, running TAs for the 150th time to make just enough meseta to please the bitter Doodoo is not gratifying in the least.

And now it's even more boring now that the skill cap was nerved so tremendously. There was a time when I preferred TAing over MP any day, but those times are beginning to blur now.

Z-0
Dec 7, 2012, 05:34 PM
Personally I'm liking:

Before: "Oh no I can't find people to TA they should let you solo them OR nerf TACOs to make it fair on people who can't find people to TA with"
After: "Oh no solo TA takes too long (what did you expect; PS it doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing, I do Nab in 11 minutes on both FI/HU and FO/FI) so they should nerf TACOs to make it fair on people who can't find people to TA with (or people who don't wnat to do the TAs)"

will you guys EVER be happy

EvilMag
Dec 7, 2012, 05:53 PM
No they won't.

The Walrus
Dec 7, 2012, 06:20 PM
I wish people would go back to whining about the real problem of the game: the shitty RNG

Tenlade
Dec 7, 2012, 06:22 PM
Personally I'm liking:

Before: "Oh no I can't find people to TA they should let you solo them OR nerf TACOs to make it fair on people who can't find people to TA with"
After: "Oh no solo TA takes too long (what did you expect; PS it doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing, I do Nab in 11 minutes on both FI/HU and FO/FI) so they should nerf TACOs to make it fair on people who can't find people to TA with (or people who don't wnat to do the TAs)"

Only if you hand over the money to let them buy all the stuff they want no effort. But you cant give eveyrone an equal chance at the money, that would cause inflation.

The Walrus
Dec 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
But everyone has access to TA's now even solo players and the prices for a lot of stuff is going down

Heat Haze
Dec 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
I wish people would go back to whining about the real problem of the game: the shitty RNG

What're you talking about? The RNG is--

http://i45.tinypic.com/3534nk4.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/5felnl.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/344bkn6.jpg

--uh, yeah...

Zyrusticae
Dec 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
Personally I'm liking:

For the record, my stance is exactly the same as it was before and after the patch.

Also, yes, the naff RNG needs some... adjusting. Even if it's in the form of an insane meseta sink (get 100% chance to affix by dumping in 1m meseta per affix!) or something.

The Walrus
Dec 7, 2012, 07:44 PM
Make it so you can use more grinders and meseta for a higher chance and the RNG would be ok