PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Male/Female?!

Aots
Dec 3, 2012, 04:42 PM
Is there a difference between Males and Females stats wise? :-? When it comes out in English I just want to have a good mind set of what race/gender I want to be.

Again, Sorry for asking so many questions on this forum -_-

Coatl
Dec 3, 2012, 04:45 PM
Males are best in physical and females are best in range and tech.
Casts excel in physical and range but are bad in tech.
Humans are balanced.
Newmans lack physical capabilities, have better range than humans and excel in tech.

Xaeris
Dec 3, 2012, 04:47 PM
There is a difference, but it's really tiny in this iteration of the series. You can safely ignore it and play the gender you'd prefer, unless you have to min/max to the utmost.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2012, 04:50 PM
I think the difference was, totally naked, somewhere around 2%? Fully equipped, you won't notice the difference. Even between newman and cast.

Skyly HUmar
Dec 3, 2012, 04:55 PM
I think the difference was, totally naked, somewhere around 2%? Fully equipped, you won't notice the difference. Even between newman and cast.

Yup, base stats are pretty close together, so itll be a while before you notice much difference between any classes if their equipment/build is identical. The thing is that Newmans are really lacking in the hp department and theyre a little frail compared to the others physically.

Coatl
Dec 3, 2012, 04:56 PM
Difference between FOcast and FOnewearl in base t-atk is about 56 at lv50.

Dammy
Dec 4, 2012, 03:43 AM

and thats equal to 10 levels, think about it ....

so yes, there a difference in stats, depends what class you going to play

Mega Ultra Chicken
Dec 4, 2012, 08:53 AM

Honestly, that's more of a race thing than a gender thing.

Meji
Dec 4, 2012, 09:31 AM
The only true difference is the price of the costumes between the two sexes.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 4, 2012, 10:28 AM
The only true difference is the price of the costumes between the two sexes.

This...Males can get outfits for like 300k while Females have to pay over 1 mil on day of release.

Miraclearrow
Dec 4, 2012, 10:56 AM
Boom^ Lets go males!

Akaimizu
Dec 4, 2012, 11:14 AM
Not sure. I play a FOmar in this game. However, I've hardly ever changed my look yet. Not quite in the setting to afford to, at this time. But it has generally been about clothing selection.

They probably charge more for the females due to taking advantage of demand. Males typically got the short end of the stick for clothing choices, in Phantasy Star, so I guess they reduce cost to make it more appealing to buy them.

Probably why maybe it wasn't the best idea when I rolled a FOmar, particularly when I went for them for the overall look, in the first place. Made me kind of satisfied with what I had.

Link1275
Dec 4, 2012, 11:39 AM
The biggest difference, Female chars are almost forced to look slutty. Males get to look cool(FOnewm outfit, etc.).

Zyrusticae
Dec 4, 2012, 11:53 AM
The biggest difference, Female chars are almost forced to look slutty.
Not really. Honey Jacket, Little Prim, Iris Katze, ARKS Trainee Uniform, Adventonia, Wander Treat - if anything, they've been more focused on 'cutesy' lately than 'slutty'.

Coatl
Dec 4, 2012, 01:07 PM
The day an MMORPG doesn't make female characters look like nymphomaniacs is the day DooDoo gets fired and replaced by a better grind clerk.

Daveach
Dec 4, 2012, 06:18 PM
The day an MMORPG doesn't make female characters look like nymphomaniacs is the day DooDoo gets fired and replaced by a better grind clerk.

Hahaha, indeed!

Zenobia
Dec 5, 2012, 02:42 AM
I kinda do feel bad for ppl like us that play the female chars,

On a side note ya gotta give it up for the cast lol....freaking 100k+too 200k+ for parts lol.

They sure have it good don't they?