PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Some Rookie Questions

knight85
Dec 3, 2012, 08:54 PM
hey guys i'm thinking of getting PSU episode 1 for christmas and i had a few questions before hand, some about episode 1, some about episode 2.

first and foremost: what is the limit to the number of photon artes, bullets and technics a player can know? and is there a way to forget the learned skills?

second: is there any benefit to leveling up the Ranger and Force types in episode 1 and 2? or can i just stick with the hunter (i saw information about advanced classes on the internet but i'm not sure if you can use them in the offline modes)

third: what will carry over if you transfer your extra mode character from episode 1 into episode 2

fourth: are there any bonuses other than having Karen's partner card for transfering data?

fifth and final: i read in the faqs on gamefaqs that there are certain areas of the story missions where you can return to the cities, causing certain areas of the mission to respawn their enemies allowing for additional item hunting (i know there's one in chapter 2 during ethan's first official mission in block A of the Raffon Meadow, and having read the walkthru i can assume that there's one in Block A of the Mizuraki Conservation District in chapter 5)

Omega-z
Dec 4, 2012, 07:19 PM
1.) the max is 36 Photon art's that can be learned, you can unlearn them and place them in storage for later use.

2.) The only thing that come's to mind could be the ability to use some weapon's you can't with Hunter, Adv./Master/Arco's are online only so don't worry about those.

3.) I believe it was anything that is on/in your character / inventory Max 60 item's (I believe)*

4.) *Now there are some Item's that you can only get from episode 1 so make sure you carry those over. And any other non-obtainable stuff.

5.) Yes there are redo-able area mission's.

knight85
Dec 4, 2012, 08:00 PM
so the only reason to change classes would be to experience different weapon setups. altho in the second game that becomes a little redundant since the guardian classes get a serious upgrade. but it's still fun and a way to allow you to stockpile goodies by repeating missions

are you able to return the arts to their discs in episode 1? or was it just something that was added in episode 2?

here's one more question. if you had upgraded your partner machine in episode 1 would it carry over into episode 2?

and another question about episode 1 to 2 transfers. does the character's level and the skill level of photon arts transfer over?

Gunbladelad
Dec 6, 2012, 02:41 PM
Off the top of my head, I believe the answer to your questions in that last post is all "Yes" - except for "or was it just something added in episode 2?" which is a "No".