PDA

View Full Version : Vita Closed Beta Test Applications Now Open

Mike
Dec 4, 2012, 03:03 AM
Applications are now being accepted for the PSO2 Vita version closed beta test (http://pso2.jp/vita/cbt/). Applications are being accepted starting today until January 7th 11:59 pm in Japan.

To apply for the closed beta, you'll need to select PSO2 from the Vita Contents section of the PSN Store on a Playstation Vita. Participants will be notified after the deadline via email. Participants in the closed beta who manage to get a character to level 10 will receive three bonus items:
A. Rizer / Nacht (Gunslash) This was an end-game rifle from PSP2 Infinity
1 Photon Sphere
1 500 FUN Ticket

Taking part in the closed beta on the Vita will also allow you to participate using a special PC client. You'll need to be selected for the Vita test and input your Sega ID in to the Vita version to access it.

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 03:22 AM
50,000 slots for the CBT, by the way. You need to be on a PSN ID with region set to Japan in order to do any of these.

blace
Dec 4, 2012, 03:27 AM
It's doable on a PS3 as well, just has to be logged in with a Japanese PSN ID.

Drifting Fable
Dec 4, 2012, 03:44 AM
/posts PSP2i image of Astral Rizer
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Astral-Riser.jpg

Somehow I had a feeling that glow resembled a blade of some form.

I don't have a Vita sooo I hope that gunslash isn't account bound as I would certainly buy that off the market no matter what the stats.

blace
Dec 4, 2012, 03:56 AM
/posts PSP2i image of Astral Rizer
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Astral-Riser.jpg

Somehow I had a feeling that glow resembled a blade of some form. Wonder if it stays in the size pictured above.

/giant weapon obession ^^;

I don't have a Vita sooo I hope that gunslash isn't account bound as I would certainly buy that off the market no matter what the stats.
Here's what it looks like in PSO2:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/A-Riser.jpg

Drifting Fable
Dec 4, 2012, 04:12 AM
Here's what it looks like in PSO2:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/A-Riser.jpg

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

That is now on my wish list.

sandylecuistot
Dec 4, 2012, 07:24 AM
I'm in :D !
Is it so difficult to be chosen for a beta test ?
Something like 1/100 chance, less, more ?

Crystal_Shard
Dec 4, 2012, 07:29 AM
If I can get my friend to loan me his Vita for a month or two, I'm in. Arc Rizer is a nice looking weapon, but it's not worth the price of a brand new Vita just yet.

Meji
Dec 4, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hm, gonna give this a try. I wonder if it will benefit if I was in Closed Alpha tests for PSO2?

sandylecuistot
Dec 4, 2012, 09:51 AM
It would not be fair, wouldnt it ?

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm in :D !
Is it so difficult to be chosen for a beta test ?
Something like 1/100 chance, less, more ?

50k slots. If less than 50k people apply for CBT, everyone gets in. If more than 50k applied, SEGA's gonna randomly pick 50k.

sandylecuistot
Dec 4, 2012, 12:25 PM
I don't see less than 50 000 people trying.
Sorry I saw the 50 000 people limit just recently.
I would really like to try the game a little before the final release :) .
Anyway, I wish good luck to everyone who apply.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 4, 2012, 12:42 PM
Signed up. Be nice to get in simply because I don't use my Vita for a whole lot right now.

Then again I'm rarely out of the house somewhere with net access and if I'm at home why not play on my PC (unless it's otherwise out of commission)? Oh well, I wanna see it and see if I can give any input anyway.

Vintasticvin
Dec 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
Im guessing I should have gotten a japanese Vita yes?

Dec 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
Signed up last night.

I sure hope I get in...^^;

Tomeeboy
Dec 4, 2012, 12:52 PM
Im guessing I should have gotten a japanese Vita yes?

Any Vita should work just fine, you just have to have a PSN ID that is set to Japan for its region.

thinktank001
Dec 4, 2012, 01:05 PM
I don't see less than 50 000 people trying.
Sorry I saw the 50 000 people limit just recently.
I would really like to try the game a little before the final release :) .
Anyway, I wish good luck to everyone who apply.

I don't think you have to worry. Vita is selling worse than the 6 year old PSP did last year.

Dec 4, 2012, 01:06 PM
Any Vita should work just fine, you just have to have a PSN ID that is set to Japan for its region.

Should also note that you'll have to reformat your memory card or get a new one.

Vintasticvin
Dec 4, 2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks a bunch Tomeeboy and Quote :D Hopfully we'll meet in jp and international pso2 Vit

sandylecuistot
Dec 4, 2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think you have to worry. Vita is selling worse than the 6 year old PSP did last year.

Just listening to the trailers music makes me really want to be in this closed beta.
I want some pso time so bad :-( . It has been a while...
I hope this game and others will help the vita because it realy seems to be a good system.

Taigerr
Dec 4, 2012, 04:48 PM
Don't quote me but i read somewhere the Vita has sold over 1 million units in Japan.... so high probability of a lottery...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps_vita_sales_finally_pass_one_million_in_japan.ht ml

Lamoon26
Dec 4, 2012, 07:13 PM
I cant download the invitation I just made a PSN account with a japanese region and was able to log into the Japanese PSN but if I go to download the PSO 2 invite (or pretty much anything else) I get a message saying (NP-2245-3) anyone know what this is or what I can do?

sandylecuistot
Dec 4, 2012, 07:54 PM
Don't quote me but i read somewhere the Vita has sold over 1 million units in Japan.... so high probability of a lottery...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps_vita_sales_finally_pass_one_million_in_japan.ht ml

Sorry :-P .
That was what I was thinking too... :(

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 08:25 PM
I cant download the invitation I just made a PSN account with a japanese region and was able to log into the Japanese PSN but if I go to download the PSO 2 invite (or pretty much anything else) I get a message saying (NP-2245-3) anyone know what this is or what I can do?

May be a disconnect error message. Would help if you can take a screenshot of it or something and post it. (PS button + start button at the same time.)

yunamon
Dec 4, 2012, 08:31 PM
D/L'd mine yesternite... Hopefully will land me a slot in CBT!

sandylecuistot
Dec 5, 2012, 05:25 AM
Purely an informative question...
If there are PC players trying to play on vita, what would be the reason of this ?
Be able to play at home and on portable ?
Because some features seems interesting on Vita (tactile) ?
Just for the 10 levels closed beta bonus ?

blace
Dec 5, 2012, 05:43 AM
In Japan, handhelds are widely popular and on the go gaming is just the next step up. It's rather convenient to have it portable for those that are out and about often and with the number of wifi accessible stores, it seems to be a logical choice.

sandylecuistot
Dec 5, 2012, 05:53 AM
Ok.
That's useful for the hardcore player.
That was also the main reason I was could think about.
If it could sell the Vita and/or make PSO2 work longer and better, that's good.

Ryo
Dec 5, 2012, 09:42 AM
Signed up. Here's hoping!

Otaku27
Dec 5, 2012, 02:32 PM
I'm signed up. Hopefully I land a slot. :)

RedRaz0r
Dec 5, 2012, 03:12 PM
Wish I could figure out how to sign up, this is hard!

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 03:34 PM
Purely an informative question...
If there are PC players trying to play on vita, what would be the reason of this ?
Be able to play at home and on portable ?
Because some features seems interesting on Vita (tactile) ?
Just for the 10 levels closed beta bonus ?
Play PSO2 while sleeping on my bed? Count me in.

Miwako
Dec 5, 2012, 03:39 PM
I signed up last night as well as my husband.. hope at least one of us gets in

sandylecuistot
Dec 5, 2012, 04:52 PM
Wish I could figure out how to sign up, this is hard!

Just go on the Japanese psn with your ps vita, wait for the PSO picture (easier like this) and you'll find the page immediately. Then it's the same icon as any other thing you download on the psn.

Play PSO2 while sleeping on my bed? Count me in.
If you play while you are sleeping you're really something ;) .

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 05:17 PM
Just go on the Japanese psn with your ps vita, wait for the PSO picture (easier like this) and you'll find the page immediately. Then it's the same icon as any other thing you download on the psn.

If you play while you are sleeping you're really something ;) .
The act of lying on bed, not actually sleepwalking. :A

If you've never tried that, should do it once in a while. Great thing, especially during winter.

Taigerr
Dec 5, 2012, 06:40 PM
FYI if you go to video section of japanese psn on your vita, you'll find two rather nice little suprises.... :wink:

ZeroXRaven
Dec 5, 2012, 07:38 PM
Could someone tell me how I can do this on the PS3? I have a Vita but only one memory card ATM

Mike
Dec 5, 2012, 07:40 PM
Could someone tell me how I can do this on the PS3? I have a Vita but only one memory card ATM
Being able to sign up from a PS3 was a "bug" (http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/276353970614718467) and you can't do it anymore.

sandylecuistot
Dec 5, 2012, 07:44 PM
The act of lying on bed, not actually sleepwalking. :A

If you've never tried that, should do it once in a while. Great thing, especially during winter.

I was just joking :p .
In fact that's exactly what I want to do too.
And as I don't have a powerful pc enough to play games I'm really waiting for this Vita version.

ZeroXRaven
Dec 5, 2012, 07:44 PM
Being able to sign up from a PS3 was a "bug" (http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/276353970614718467) and you can't do it anymore.

Is there a way I could sign into my Japanese account without deleting all my Vita saves?

blace
Dec 5, 2012, 07:47 PM
Is there a way I could sign into my Japanese account without deleting all my Vita saves?

You don't necessarily need a memory card inserted to access the PS Store, just sign into your JP PSN account and have the card be removed before doing so.

ZeroXRaven
Dec 5, 2012, 07:53 PM
You don't necessarily need a memory card inserted to access the PS Store, just sign into your JP PSN account and have the card be removed before doing so.

Ah, thanks man, that's a serious relief.

sandylecuistot
Dec 6, 2012, 01:17 PM

That is smart 8-) .

fatelinka
Dec 7, 2012, 06:17 AM

Might be somethin about activating the account on the Vita, I know I had to do it when I first tried to download a game to my vita. But this was in English so I actually knew what I had to do.