PDA

View Full Version : best single and multi target hunter weps

psycho4r5
Dec 4, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hey guys I am just curious what are the most effective hunter weapon types? I really like the gunslahes I am just not sure how effective tehy actually are compared to another single target weapon.

right now I use a gunslah for single target and a broad sword for multi target. Once I have enough S attk I plan on using duel daggers for single target but I will still want to use a gunslash.
so basically my wep equip will be

1. gunslash
2. broadsword
3. dual daggers

so please give me some feedback.

P.S. I remember in pso you could grind weapons and I thought there was also a way to increase your own stats with a grind type item on top of the stat increase from a mag. is this so, and if ti is what types of items allow me to increase my char stats. and how do you go about acquiring weapon/armor grinders and character grinders (if they exist) and how do I know how many I am able to use.

basically I need a grinder guide if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 07:23 PM
Twin daggers aren't hunter weapons, they're fighter weapons.
To unlock fighter, reach lv30 Hunter, and do ohza's CO, followed by Koffie's.

Grinders are universal, they're used to grind units (armor) and weapons. It'll tell you how much you need per grind in yellow text in the prompt.

As for getting them.....mob drops, E-code and CO rewards, etc.

Anduril
Dec 4, 2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, swords and daggers are exclusive to Hunter and Fighter respectively, unless you are planning on buying a pair of Nishiki/錦 which are all-class daggers.

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah, swords and daggers are exclusive to Hunter and Fighter respectively, unless you are planning on buying a pair of Nishiki/錦 which are all-class daggers.
He'd still need fighter subbed to use PA's with them

psycho4r5
Dec 4, 2012, 08:54 PM
ya well I planned on going fighter once i hit 30 each of the three starter classes only have 1 advanced class right? so all hunters who want to stay straightup hunters yould go fighter sub hunter ya?

psycho4r5
Dec 4, 2012, 08:55 PM
oh and one more question from my original posts that wasnt answered yet is there any other stat increases for your character beside mags spells and food? is there a grinder type item for your actualy character? for some reason I remember there being something like that in pso ep1 and 2 but its been so long I just dont remember

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 09:03 PM
ya well I planned on going fighter once i hit 30 each of the three starter classes only have 1 advanced class right? so all hunters who want to stay straightup hunters yould go fighter sub hunter ya?

It's not an advanced class, its just another class. It was not made to be better than hunter, it's just another option after you've played hunter for a while.

So then I expect most people would stay hunter if they wanted to stay straight up hunter, then sub something else.

EDIT: But yea, there's only 2 melee related classes

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
oh and one more question from my original posts that wasnt answered yet is there any other stat increases for your character beside mags spells and food? is there a grinder type item for your actualy character? for some reason I remember there being something like that in pso ep1 and 2 but its been so long I just dont remember
you mean something equivalent to a protein in the pokemon games but for your character?

nope.

Vylera
Dec 4, 2012, 09:16 PM
I'd personally take partisan over gunslash for a 1v1 weapon because of the PAs, but that could just be me.

But if you're going fighter, the two more popular options are double saber for multi-target and dagger for single target. Quite frankly, the "smartest" thing to do is just go double saber 24/7 since they have the best DPS of the fighter weapons thanks to chargable deadly archer. That applies to both 1v1 and mobs. Some bosses are better suited to daggers (Ragne), but 9 times out of 10, double saber will do everything and anything for you.

Knuckles are seriously under-rated, however, so don't ignore them as a 1v1 option. Pendulum Swing (or whatever the name was of that PA) does rape sex amounts of damage.

Yes.

Rape sex.

Rien
Dec 4, 2012, 09:54 PM
For Multiple Targets I just use Zondeel followed by any hunter weapon PA of my choice.

Because Force/Techer subs work too.

(You can also use Gizonde instead while sporting... eh, a Coat Edge.)

Lostbob117
Dec 4, 2012, 09:57 PM
Swords are awesome for hitting a single target or multiple targets thanks to Sonic Arrow.

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2012, 10:19 PM
Swords are awesome for hitting a single target or multiple targets thanks to Sonic Arrow and over end and nova strike and...

Fixed.

psycho4r5
Dec 6, 2012, 08:36 PM
I'd personally take partisan over gunslash for a 1v1 weapon because of the PAs, but that could just be me.

But if you're going fighter, the two more popular options are double saber for multi-target and dagger for single target. Quite frankly, the "smartest" thing to do is just go double saber 24/7 since they have the best DPS of the fighter weapons thanks to chargable deadly archer. That applies to both 1v1 and mobs. Some bosses are better suited to daggers (Ragne), but 9 times out of 10, double saber will do everything and anything for you.

Knuckles are seriously under-rated, however, so don't ignore them as a 1v1 option. Pendulum Swing (or whatever the name was of that PA) does rape sex amounts of damage.

Yes.

Vylera, thank you your response is exactly the type of information I was looking for. I havent finished reading all the posts since this is the first time I have been able to jump on here but thank you all for taking the time to help me out

Coatl
Dec 6, 2012, 08:55 PM
Gunslash has Thrillplosion, which is waay better than any other HU weapon AOE, besides wired lance. ;I