PDA

View Full Version : The patch is up.

Lostbob117
Dec 4, 2012, 10:51 PM
Patch your game and some patch notes

*New Emergency Quest called "Icy Merry Christmas"

*Unlike other Emergency Quest this one happens during time periods.

20:00 JST, 7th 8th and 9th of December
11:00 GMT, 7th 8th and 9th of December
6:00 EST, 7th 8th and 9th of December
5:00 CDT, 7th 8th and 9th of December
4:00 MDT, 7th 8th and 9th of December
3:00 PDT, 7th 8th and 9th of December
1:00 HADT, 7th 8th and 9th of December

*Gifts:

If you Completed the Emergency Quest at once on any difficulty you receive. The following

99 x Grinders
Christmas Gift
1 x Photon Sphere

Information found: http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/icy-merry-christmas-schedule-and-free-stuff/

*More patch notes

* You'll be able to fight Dark Falz in a Emergency Quest now! As a 12 person just like the Vardha Emergency Quest.
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PSO2-Dark-Falz-Battle-450x253.jpg

* Also there are new lobbies to go with the Christmas.

Image found: http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

* Also new special abilities on weapons.

Anduril
Dec 4, 2012, 10:58 PM
Now the question: Do I stay up until 3:00AM on Friday, or do I wake up at 3AM on Friday?

miyadv
Dec 4, 2012, 11:05 PM
Now the question: Do I stay up until 3:00AM on Friday, or do I wake up at 3AM on Friday?

Do both, can't mess up then!

Aquayoshi
Dec 4, 2012, 11:07 PM
It's even worse for me; I live in Central timezone, so I'd have to stay up till 5:00 (because I sure as hell am not getting up that early). Oh well. As a college student, I am well-versed in the art of all-nighters.

Sleep is for squares anyway.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 11:10 PM
Now!? As in NOW NOW? or like... when the maintenance is done now like on dec. 5th instead of the 12th?

also aww christmas gifts from sega <3

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 11:10 PM
Wake up at 2:30AM friday, sleep after doing what you need to

EDIT: KUDOS TO ME FOR BEING IN AUSTRALIA! Due to DST, we're only 2 hours ahead :)

Anduril
Dec 4, 2012, 11:13 PM
Wake up at 2:30AM friday, sleep after doing what you need to

EDIT: KUDOS TO ME FOR BEING IN AUSTRALIA! Due to DST, we're only 2 hours ahead :)
Yeah, that will probably work. Alas, poor Sleep: I love you, yet you hinder me so.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 11:19 PM
wait, where does it say we can fight falz already?

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 11:23 PM
wait, where does it say we can fight falz already?
No, that's the 12/12 update. No Falz tomorrow.

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 11:24 PM
Also does the launcher/patcher automatically patch our client using the files downloaded via precede downloader, or do we have to copy/paste that manually?

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2012, 11:30 PM
Boot up the launcher, it should be doing it automatically.

Also, holy shit 6 in the morning. At least I'll have to do it just once for the stack of grinders and a sphere.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2012, 11:34 PM
wait so... this is only gonna be like once a day mission? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

but 99 grinders sounds nice...

Probably actually save em for grinding.

Fatal-Killer
Dec 4, 2012, 11:40 PM
Is the pso2.jp site down? I can't connect to it or the patch server.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 11:40 PM
No, that's the 12/12 update. No Falz tomorrow.

ahh alright, thanks.

I just took "* You'll be able to fight Dark Falz in a Emergency Quest now! As a 12 person just like the Vardha Emergency Quest." as me being able to fight Dark Falz in an Emergency Quest now, instead of next week lol

Xaeris
Dec 4, 2012, 11:44 PM
6 AM? **** me.

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 11:47 PM
Boot up the launcher, it should be doing it automatically.

Also, holy shit 6 in the morning. At least I'll have to do it just once for the stack of grinders and a sphere.

Uhm, I tried that but it seems to be downloading the 4000 file patch AGAIN, when I've already downloaded it with precede downloader....

So I'm guessing i manually copy it?

There's also some patchlist0.txt and patchlist1.txt in the precede folder, but idk what they mean

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2012, 11:48 PM
Same's happening to me. Not really sure what's going on either. I might try doing that.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm seeing new files pop into the precede folder while downloading. I'm going to stop it and try moving the files in.

Macman
Dec 4, 2012, 11:52 PM
What the fuck is this?
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/dafuq.png
What use was all that pre-downloading I did for?! :rant:

eharima
Dec 4, 2012, 11:53 PM
Also downloading 4000 files after preceding 3.7gb
The pso2/players does say 5gb update so could be legit?

99x grinders FUCK YES.
32 goes a dodo should take me to +5 and back. ^^

Aquayoshi
Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 PM
Argh, so slooow. Although it's probably because everyone's downloading the patch at the moment... ;_;

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2012, 11:56 PM
Ok cool. I moved the precede files in and now I'm only downloading 720 files now. Must be another chunk of the patch.

eharima
Dec 4, 2012, 11:56 PM
Server not up for another 3hr anyway.
Wtaf. Edit;

If they messed up the launcheer script to not transfer.... what the actual fuck Sega.
Man not a good time to be afk.

Anyone else confirm before I remote access copy that shiz.

Syklo
Dec 4, 2012, 11:59 PM
What the fuck is this?
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/dafuq.png
What use was all that pre-downloading I did for?! :rant:
What i thought.

Ok cool. I moved the precede files in and now I'm only downloading 720 files now. Must be another chunk of the patch.

GLad to hear that.
I transferred some precede files but my file count increased so im trying another batch to see if it'll increase again.
that way i'll know if some of my files are glitched

Heat Haze
Dec 5, 2012, 12:03 AM
I moved the precede to the whateverfolder.

I'm only downloading 267 files now though compared to the earlier mentioned 720. (That could be because I started patching thinking I had to do it again, stopped half way then moved the precede folder)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nroen4.png

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 12:05 AM
Is it possible that the launcher is going to download the other chunk of the update first AND THEN transfer precede?

I'm not risking it, my bandwidth is already low.

EDIT
Also, the launcher is STILL IN ENGRISH?

superBlast
Dec 5, 2012, 12:05 AM
I know some newbie is going to ask so might as well be me... what the hell is a photon sphere?

As for the 6 am thing (or however early it is for everyone else) I'll just go to sleep early (for once) and set my alarm for 5:30. Easy as that lol.

Heat Haze
Dec 5, 2012, 12:06 AM
I know some newbie is going to ask so might as well be me... what the hell is a photon sphere?

As for the 6 am thing (or however early it is for everyone else) I'll just go to sleep early (for once) and set my alarm for 5:30. Though defiantly not on the 5th.... because for me it's been the 5th only for 5 minutes lol. That means I'd have to sleep now and I don't feel like it lol.

It's used in the Photon exchange shop for random items, or at the item lab to unlock/level your weapon ability.

Aquayoshi
Dec 5, 2012, 12:07 AM

As for the 6 am thing (or however early it is for everyone else) I'll just go to sleep early (for once) and set my alarm for 5:30. Though defiantly not on the 5th.... because for me it's been the 5th only for 5 minutes lol. That means I'd have to sleep now and I don't feel like it lol.

Photon spheres are these thingies you trade at the Photon Drop shop for various exp boosts and stuff. Normally you have to gather up 99 PDs to trade for one (not that hard to do).

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 12:09 AM
Photon spheres are these thingies you trade at the Photon Drop shop for various exp boosts and stuff. Normally you have to gather up 99 PDs to trade for one (not that hard to do).
Or 10 photon crystals, which are made by 10 photon drops and also obtainable from Some containers and/or E-codes and CO's.

superBlast
Dec 5, 2012, 12:12 AM
Ah.... thats what that is.... so thats what the photon drops turn into lol. I knew about the shop thing already though... just didn't pay attention to the names too much lol. Well atleast I won't have to ask that again lol.

Macman
Dec 5, 2012, 12:18 AM
I moved the precede to the whateverfolder.
Ok I tried that, 4000+ files to be downloaded turned into 1600. Much better.

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 12:22 AM
Well this is awkward
I transferred the precede but mine is downloading 1614 files.....

crap, why isn't it 720 like that other person!?!?

Heat Haze
Dec 5, 2012, 12:23 AM
And now patching is all done since my last post.

That was painless. Thank you Precede Download.

Doing another file check just to be sure.. but it should be okay now.

Edit: All good. Easy.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i49.tinypic.com/2egfa5t.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 12:42 AM
Seems to be varying between people for some reason. 1600 files shouldn't take that long though.

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 12:50 AM
Seems to be varying between people for some reason. 1600 files shouldn't take that long though.
It does with a speed of 150KB/s

Yep, that's how bad our internet is.
Since a couple of my posts ago, im still on file 253

Macman
Dec 5, 2012, 12:53 AM
Mine's just about as bad as Syklo's, but look at it this way: You have a long wait until the servers are back up anyway.

Seraphus
Dec 5, 2012, 12:59 AM
Wait, so were you supposed to manually copy over the precede download? That seems incredibly dumb/not very user friendly. However, I think my client downloaded the 4000 files/parts quickly and smoothly.

Macman
Dec 5, 2012, 12:59 AM
Wait, so were you supposed to manually copy over the precede download? That seems incredibly dumb/not very user friendly.
Sega!

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 01:07 AM
It's possible the extra patch download data would be downloaded before transferring precede.
edit for this line:You downloaded all 4000 huh? Ok sega is gonna get flamed. /endedit

But i'm not risking it.

And fair enough, but internet speed isn't my concern, it's my quota (12gb a month)

Resanoca
Dec 5, 2012, 01:07 AM
Pfft. Started 4,000 file download and went to play Minecraft for an hour. Easy as pie. No need to do any manual stuff. >:

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 01:09 AM
It is a bit unprofessional that the launcher didn't transfer over the precede at all.

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 01:16 AM
We should be glad that everyone was at least notified of this little flaw.

Taurus83
Dec 5, 2012, 01:22 AM
Now I try to risking it the win32 files with the precede download files and see what happen because I have to dl 4XXX Fxxxx files that eat up my 5gb montly boardband usage

It seem i have to dl 1621 files after doing it

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 01:28 AM
Now I try to risking it the win32 files with the precede download files and see what happen because I have to dl 4XXX Fxxxx files that eat up my 5gb montly boardband usage
Same boat as me man.

Don't worry, transferring the precede files won't be extremely detrimental to what you'll have to download.

Unless you know the precede downlaoder downloaded corrupt files, but even then, most likely you'll save more file downloading than redownloading corrupt files.

edit: omfg... at this rate, i'll be left with 2gb for 20 days......
my parents will not be happy

Noc Codez
Dec 5, 2012, 03:39 AM
LOL That's exactly the time i get home from work ... Finally being a late night player pays off :D

Dammy
Dec 5, 2012, 03:44 AM
yeah, i was surprised those files from precede folder weren't moved automatically
but good i noticed it early, only lost like 10 mins of redownload

really unprofessional from SEGA, remember problems with permission rights too

Para
Dec 5, 2012, 04:39 AM
good thing i read this thread or my preload wouldve been pointless >_>

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 5, 2012, 04:49 AM
good thing i read this thread or my preload wouldve been pointless >_>

You shouldn't have read it, the patcher actually copies files over from preload when it's their turn to be downloaded, it doesn't download them over again.

Dammy
Dec 5, 2012, 04:53 AM
still, would be better to first move files that we already have and then download new ones