PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 First impressions of the Dec. 5th Update

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 06:11 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]New CO's for Klotho and Jozsef that unlock them as NPC partners

oooh boy.

The Solo-TA's seem interesting, and the S-rank mark got up'd a few minutes to compensate
At least I can get my money DAILY now :D (friends aren't always on when it's available to be redone, those TACO's)

Disable auto-follow.........is there even a notification telling you that it's toggled? Cuz I don't see one

Liking the market search adding a "Can equip" checkbox along with a new "sorting" droplist.

And apparently there was an update on Friend Partners, but I dunno what's new there...

And for some reason, Knockdowns & Activating Just Reversal feels different....[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lovin the lobby music :D:D8-)8-)8-)8-)

Darki
Dec 5, 2012, 06:52 AM
What are the changes on TAs so they can be solo'ed? Because those button steps in Naberius and stuff can't be done without a friend... Did they apply those changes to non-solo runs too?

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2012, 07:00 AM
new outfits for males are a disgrace.

new accessories/hair in general however = polar opposite opinion

eharima
Dec 5, 2012, 07:05 AM
is it jsut me or are the big map broken?
cant see team colour dots on the map unless you are a certain distance from them, also funji dosent show, and boss like ragne dont show
GJ?

jooozek
Dec 5, 2012, 07:48 AM
Codes don't show up for me on the right side of the screen and neither do I get the reward messages:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1277438-LCU0LI7.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well played SEGA!

BIG OLAF
Dec 5, 2012, 07:55 AM
All I know is-

There's a blue Santa dress. Shit.

Reiketsu
Dec 5, 2012, 07:59 AM
All I know is-

There's a blue Santa dress. Shit.

Go get it, tiger!!

Zaix
Dec 5, 2012, 08:06 AM
My friend got stuck in a teleporter. Not the "turned invisible and can run around, laggy teleport," but a "cant do anything other than rotate the camera, and its clearly not laggy" teleport.

It could be coincidence but I think its a patch issue.

BIG OLAF
Dec 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
Go get it, tiger!!

Already did. It was the cheapest of all the colors, too.

Nassanta Claus lives again.

Amaranthus
Dec 5, 2012, 08:17 AM
I. can't. wait. to. get. on.

TT___________TT

:bunny:

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2012, 08:40 AM
Nassanta Claus

Dammit, this shouldn't be this funny.

...I swear, I've gone crazier than usual...I don't usually laugh this much. o_o;

Invertex
Dec 5, 2012, 08:45 AM
Well, for solo TAs, from literally one run each...

Naberius Changes
I believe the solo S Rank time is 25 minutes.

Area 1
The switches at the first section are now timed. You have to run to the central switch, hit it to start a countdown, and go to the side to hit the second switch. Repeat on the other side.

You'll have to do all 4 sections of the circle area yourself. If you want, you can activate the shortcut to skip the fights leading to Rockbear. But given the time it'd take to activate the West portal, I'd suggest powering through instead.

Area 2
This place is honestly a mess. I can confirm skipping the Del Malri works, but I'm not sure if it's time efficient. Anyways, the first change here is that like Area 1, the buttons are all timer based. The jump pads are always active though, so you can jump back to the buttons at any point.

The enemy spawns here are mixed up a bit as well. On the right branch, there's an additional King Yedi at the end. For the left branch after the portal, there's 3 Yedis and a Gorongo instead of 4 Yedis. For the right branch after the portal, there's a King Yedi in additional to the Malmoths. The Nab Rappies on the 3rd wave seem to have been moved around a bit, and there are only about 2 spawns of 3 Nab Rappies.

I did a right, middle, left strategy for pressing the buttons. But I'm not familiar enough with flags. Depending on your class, it may just be faster to rush through the Del Malri.

Boss is unchanged.

Lilipa Changes
The solo S Rank time is at least 20 minutes.

Area 1
I swear there are absolutely no changes to this area. It'll likely take a while as you'll have to break the dome/kill the enemies and mash the consoles by yourself.

Area 2
Well, it's interesting but you can actually use the shortcut here solo. The blue and green switches are both time based. Additionally, each button spawns a teleporter to the start of the area (specifically where you have to go north or east).

The timer is really strict. Even on normal and without tripping lasers, I wasn't able to get to the switch to activate the jump pad before the blue switch timed out. The double switches are replaced by a single one. I'm probably missing something here though. If that fails just run through the laser gauntlet solo.

I'd suggest going north first and hitting the pressure switches on the right wall when you first go north and on the left when you're getting near the blue switch. That'll make the east branch take a lot less time.

Boss is also unchanged.

I got lazy and I haven't run Amaduscia (I probably spelt that wrong) yet. So I can't comment on it.

But solo TAs aren't exactly the most time efficient of things. I was approaching 20 minute runs on each solo, and that was on Normal. I'm sure it'll become faster once people look into it some more though.

On the fashion side, there's also a Blue Tiger Pierce variant for those interested.

Sp-24
Dec 5, 2012, 09:24 AM
Still no word about them fixing the loading issues and codes not finishing. Looks like I have plenty of time to finish Hitman, for better or worse. ._.

Keyblade59
Dec 5, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'll give you my first impression a few days later. 2 hours and still hasn't updated. only at like 1700/4072

Z-0
Dec 5, 2012, 09:26 AM
Solo TAs are fucking fun! I just did VH Naberius on FI/HU and this was my first clear time:

[spoiler-box]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5295/pso20121205141800000.png[/spoiler-box]
Wanting to try for sub 12:30 on FI/HU, just to see how I do. I'll make a video for it sometime.

Now going to attempt VH Lilipa; we'll see how I do.

Deliberately using FI/HU over the other classes because people say they are the worst classes which is lol.

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 09:31 AM
As a fellow fighunter, I look forward to your results. :D

Macman
Dec 5, 2012, 09:34 AM
Solo TAs are fucking fun! I just did VH Naberius on FI/HU and this was my first clear time:

Deliberately using FI/HU over the other classes because people say they are the worst classes which is lol.
How decked out are you?

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 09:50 AM
Limit break Lv1 definitely doesn't make your weapon glowy, even if you get it back to +10.

SEGA, I am dissapoint. :|

Not sure if I wanna bother Doodooing again. .-.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 5, 2012, 10:08 AM
So they had to add a Gwanadha double saber...This is another kick in the nuts for Demolition Comet hunters such as myself.

The amount of meseta required for tekking has been reduced.

This is about time though

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2012, 10:21 AM

[spoiler-box]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5295/pso20121205141800000.png[/spoiler-box]
Wanting to try for sub 12:30 on FI/HU, just to see how I do. I'll make a video for it sometime.

Now going to attempt VH Lilipa; we'll see how I do.

....All this time, and I'm just now realizing that you're Zynetic.

...God, I'm all kinds of frazzled this season. Wow...

Keyblade59
Dec 5, 2012, 10:28 AM
Finally updated, any word on what the mizer mech gun is like? is it 10*, or a 9* that's better than lambda

CelestialBlade
Dec 5, 2012, 10:34 AM
Heard you can exchange for "10* weapons" in the Recycle Shop for 1 Excube, 1 Photon Sphere, and 30 Grinders. Did they add anything good? Sure would beat RNG hunting...

Z-0
Dec 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
How decked out are you?
Lambda Aristin +10 (24 fire) - Quartz Soul / Power III / Spirita Boost
Noise Blower +10 (34 fire) - Quartz Soul / Power III / Spirita Boost
Black Wing Set - Quartz Soul / Power III / Spirita Boost

Not too expensive overall; might cost like 30 million in total (providing you're not unlucky like me and spend 15 million to get the Noise Blower from +8 to +10, lol!)

I will add I'm a free player also; only AC I ever bought was for 2 extra characters. Never scratched, never bought a 30 day shop, etc. etc.

For 10* trading, you can only choose from 1 Excube (weapon only), 1 Photon Sphere OR 30 Grinders. Which is stupid.

angrysquid
Dec 5, 2012, 10:41 AM
Finally updated, any word on what the mizer mech gun is like? is it 10*, or a 9* that's better than lambda

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3% 83%90%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%83%88

10* Rare,slightly worse than Yasmin

Disregarding the latent Ability, I'd say the Lambda Mechs are a better choice (dat grinding n only 29 Power difference)

CelestialBlade
Dec 5, 2012, 10:45 AM
For 10* trading, you can only choose from 1 Excube (weapon only), 1 Photon Sphere OR 30 Grinders. Which is stupid.
Oh okay, guess I misread the update, was thinking you could exchange for 10* stuff FOR those items. Which would be awesome, but yeah, that's kinda lame. Oh well.

Keyblade59
Dec 5, 2012, 10:49 AM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3% 83%90%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%83%88

10* Rare,slightly worse than Yasmin

Disregarding the latent Ability, I'd say the Lambda Mechs are a better choice (dat grinding n only 29 Power difference)

The main question is, is it easier to farm than Yasmin, because its a living hell for me.

Dammy
Dec 5, 2012, 10:53 AM
any info on those special abilities btw?

Invertex
Dec 5, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mizers in general are a pain to farm, so I doubt it.

Also solo Amaduscia notes, from a quick run of it.

Area 1
S Rank clear time at least 17-18 minutes.

The initial spawn seem to have changed slightly, as in the spawns are staggered instead of all of the enemies spawning at once.

The first major difference is the platforming section. The switches are timed, and the wall is now two coloured walls (Yellow and Green). Beyond the wall there's a console to turn off the wall permanently. The shortcut can be accessed since of the timed switches as well.

At the second dragonkin, instead of 1 El Arda, 1 Breeda, and 4 El Dagans there are now only 2 El Arda. No more stupid poison now.

Area 2

First off, you spawn right in middle of the 4 way intersection you usually got to via teleporter. No more falling. Anyways, the 4 way split here is identical to before.

The next change is during the whole switch run. The first attack switch is now located behind a rock instead of on the wall. A really useless change, but it might confuse you for a moment.

The telporter at the end of this area now teleports you to where you used to drop in. You get your preview of the Caterdan and Gwanada now, teleporting again takes you to the large room.

Area 3
Not much different here if you do it right. But if you mess up, the Code Attacks are now a joke. No excess mobs spawn, only the required enemies spawn so you can blow through the Attacks as fast as you can kill them. It makes failure a lot less painful as the 1-2 minute Attacks are now only about 10-20 seconds.

Boss is the same.

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 11:04 AM
any info on those special abilities btw?

Yellow/blue weapons (things like Tigridor and Garland) across the board is the +3% JA bonus per level I believe.

Rappy Cannon is Feather of Luck, chance to nullify an in-coming attack.

Z-0
Dec 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Assuming you solo'd Amduscia; solo code spawns ALWAYS had no excess enemies. I've done Area 3 by myself before this update (using the Area 2 skip glitch, which I won't explain), and only the code enemies spawn.

Invertex
Dec 5, 2012, 11:10 AM
Assuming you solo'd Amduscia; solo code spawns ALWAYS had no excess enemies. I've done Area 3 by myself before this update (using the Area 2 skip glitch, which I won't explain), and only the code enemies spawn.

Well then, that'd explain it. Wasn't aware of that.

consume
Dec 5, 2012, 11:44 AM
Anyone know if the lucky rise % on a lambda vraolet increases after each +10?

Yden
Dec 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
Gunner's aerial shooting was nerfed so you fall faster after casting it. No more spamming it to reach the top of the screen anymore.

angrysquid
Dec 5, 2012, 01:43 PM
Gunner's aerial shooting was nerfed so you fall faster after casting it. No more spamming it to reach the top of the screen anymore.

One charged Aerial Shooting + Dead Approach is enough to reach it o_ob

MissMalice
Dec 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
OMG NO! WHY!? D:
Even spamming Elder Rebellion immediately after Aerial doesn't work. T_T

Sega... I thought we were friends!!! WHY, GOD WHY!?!?
Edit: Shit, forgot it could be charged. Nevermind! I love you again, Sega!

On another note, I'm going to start practicing solo TAs. ;_; With my useless Aerial Shooting palette.

supersonix9
Dec 5, 2012, 01:52 PM
As long as the Parallel Universes are fun, I'm sold.

LinkKD
Dec 5, 2012, 02:11 PM
Since I logged after the update I've been getting the feeling my camera feels laggy

as in...whenever I turn my camera around, it turns in a laggy manner, like if only the camera turning FPS was bad. If I turn it around while running it keeps lagging/shaking like if the person holding the camera had parkinson's <_>'

did anyone feel this too or is it just me?...I'm pretty sure this wasn't there before this update.

Also...the lobby song is normal, not the xmas one...is this right?

supersonix9
Dec 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
Not sure about that, but I have been experiencing a bit of latency. Maybe it's related?

Patmaster
Dec 5, 2012, 02:43 PM
So they had to add a Gwanadha double saber...This is another kick in the nuts for Demolition Comet hunters such as myself.

WHAT? :-o

Jakosifer
Dec 5, 2012, 03:15 PM
Aerial Shooting

Now pointless.... To use in the air. Still nice for ground forward movement at least. Meh. What a stupid nerf.

Though there is one odd thing about it, sometimes it works just like it used to, others you get yanked down instantly. Not sure what the deal with it is.

Eternal255
Dec 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
I havent played since my premium expired just before thanks giving. I think ill check it out today tho. Besides new weapons and items and christmas stuff, doesnt really look like ima miss out on much if I dont tho.

Still waiting for them to add something to do since the exp nerf : /

The Walrus
Dec 5, 2012, 03:29 PM
Dark Falz next week. New emergency mission started this week

Eternal255
Dec 5, 2012, 03:34 PM
Falz may be of interest. I played the ruins boss like once, and ruins in general only a handful of times. I was really disappointed in ruins and I got really pissed off when I found that 10* rifle after only a few hours in ruins, so i said fuck it and stopped playing for a while. My luck blows lol

That and sonic adventure 2 + skyrim DLC on steam :P

I think ill hop on a bit today and then check it out again next week after finals. Maybe i can find a reason to spend the rest of the AC i have xD

LinkKD
Dec 5, 2012, 03:38 PM
Ok...I restarted my PC and now it was the xmas song, not the normal lobby song...

but my camera is still bugged. And no...I don't think it has to do with latency...I missworded myself on my first post about it, since lag would be related to internet.

it just seems like my FPS drops when I try to move my camera around and when I try to move it around while running, it shakes in an unpleasant way like if the person holding the camera couldn't hold it properly <_>.

Dammy
Dec 5, 2012, 03:41 PM
first impression = nothing new, just few costumes and new tuna/pumpkin rod aka reskinned bouquet rifle
5 gb of content? where?

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 03:44 PM
first impression = nothing new, just few costumes and new tuna/pumpkin rod aka reskinned bouquet rifle
5 gb of content? where?

Oh, it's there.

It's just guarded by the RNG.

lunarsoul
Dec 5, 2012, 03:53 PM
When you try to auto follow someone that has it disabled, A message will say something like "Cant Auto Follow" at the bottom, like when you complete a CO.

LinkKD
Dec 5, 2012, 03:54 PM
Ok...I've been testing with it a bit and I'm understanding what the camer is doing I think.

it's like...it takes a split second to update the direction my character is facing after I turn the camera around, which causes the camera to move in a very choppy unpleasant way, like if I had 10fps or something.

on the other hand...it also happens when im standing still, but it doesn't shake...it just feels like I have 10fps when turning the camera, but as long as I dont touch the camera the game's fps is just fine. Did noone else seriously get this? ._.''

Oh uhm...new conclusion I got...if I turn the camera by pressing the lock on button to make it go behind me, it turns just fine and smoothly...so I'm guessing it's something actually related to the mouse movement. But still...this wouldn't help before the patch, and my mouse works just normal int he rest of the computer aplications.

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 03:58 PM
Does it seem like mouse sensitivity was set way, way, way down when that happens?

I know of a lot of people that get that, including myself. It seems to happen when the game is loading something, or showing a lot of stuff. It goes away after a little while.

LinkKD
Dec 5, 2012, 04:06 PM
Does it seem like mouse sensitivity was set way, way, way down when that happens?

I know of a lot of people that get that, including myself. It seems to happen when the game is loading something, or showing a lot of stuff. It goes away after a little while.

No...not exactly....it's not like the camera moves slowly exactly...it moves in the same speed, but...it seems to lag behind my actual hand movements, which makes it go all choppy and skippy when it turns around.

my mouse works normally outside of the game too...is there any in-game option regarding mouse sensitivity or such? maybe I could try that.

I'd record it if I could...but obviously gameguard is with a bad temper today and wont let fraps run <_>...but basically for someone watching it would feel like if I was shaking the mouse while I turn it...sort of. (though I'm obviously not)

and I've been with the game running for awhile already, restarted computer and the game a couple times, the problem persists.

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 04:46 PM
5 gb of content? where?

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=680

The patch probably also included the stuffs for next week's update.

Ezodagrom
Dec 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
5 gb of content? where?
Looks like one reason for the big update was because we apparently had to re-download all the maps because of the collision optimizations.
There's of course stuff that was added to the files for future updates.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
Not to mention new options, reworked collision data, new EMs (apparently).....

Golto
Dec 5, 2012, 05:55 PM
Is it just the ship I'm on or are other ships having eq almost every hour now?

Ce'Nedra
Dec 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
WHAT? :-o

Ghana has its own 10* double saber and dagger now....and the dub is ever stronger the demolition comet iirc.

Gives me something else to look out for I guess. The dagger looks pretty decent.

Agitated_AT
Dec 5, 2012, 07:11 PM
At first I was very excited for the new update. I haven't intensively played the game in months so this update was gonna change that.

Parallel worlds looked nice, the new boss and additional stuff like costumes and fixes.

As I went in I bought a christmas costume and was pretty happy with it, but when I went into the fields, I was reminded how boringly dull this game is. So no new content is gonna save the game for me as long they don't fix the game. The game lacks any substance, any depth and no update or new content is gonna change that.

I'll probably see the parallel worlds content in videos or whatever, but it's the same old shit for me

Xaelouse
Dec 5, 2012, 07:35 PM
no new wands, and I'm not gonna do caterdransa runs for the rest of my days. So what Agitated said, except I'm still playing for the social aspect.

dragonkai
Dec 5, 2012, 08:07 PM
Has anyone got the infinite tube yet lol?

Cortte
Dec 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
As we speak I am lol. This is the 5th time or so god DAMN it.

Coatl
Dec 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
They seriously need an emergency maintenance to fix all these bugs.

Tenlade
Dec 5, 2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah Its happening to me the moment i try to log in, cant do anything except shut the game down. Gonna have to wait until its fixed

DoubleCannon
Dec 5, 2012, 08:59 PM
this new double sabers better than demo?? thats kind of a bummer.. what are the stats of this doublesaber??

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 09:04 PM
Well, for solo TAs, from literally one run each...

[SPOILER-BOX]
Naberius Changes
I believe the solo S Rank time is 25 minutes.

Area 1
The switches at the first section are now timed. You have to run to the central switch, hit it to start a countdown, and go to the side to hit the second switch. Repeat on the other side.

You'll have to do all 4 sections of the circle area yourself. If you want, you can activate the shortcut to skip the fights leading to Rockbear. But given the time it'd take to activate the West portal, I'd suggest powering through instead.

Area 2
This place is honestly a mess. I can confirm skipping the Del Malri works, but I'm not sure if it's time efficient. Anyways, the first change here is that like Area 1, the buttons are all timer based. The jump pads are always active though, so you can jump back to the buttons at any point.

The enemy spawns here are mixed up a bit as well. On the right branch, there's an additional King Yedi at the end. For the left branch after the portal, there's 3 Yedis and a Gorongo instead of 4 Yedis. For the right branch after the portal, there's a King Yedi in additional to the Malmoths. The Nab Rappies on the 3rd wave seem to have been moved around a bit, and there are only about 2 spawns of 3 Nab Rappies.

I did a right, middle, left strategy for pressing the buttons. But I'm not familiar enough with flags. Depending on your class, it may just be faster to rush through the Del Malri.

Boss is unchanged.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]
Lilipa Changes
The solo S Rank time is at least 20 minutes.

Area 1
I swear there are absolutely no changes to this area. It'll likely take a while as you'll have to break the dome/kill the enemies and mash the consoles by yourself.

Area 2
Well, it's interesting but you can actually use the shortcut here solo. The blue and green switches are both time based. Additionally, each button spawns a teleporter to the start of the area (specifically where you have to go north or east).

The timer is really strict. Even on normal and without tripping lasers, I wasn't able to get to the switch to activate the jump pad before the blue switch timed out. The double switches are replaced by a single one. I'm probably missing something here though. If that fails just run through the laser gauntlet solo.

I'd suggest going north first and hitting the pressure switches on the right wall when you first go north and on the left when you're getting near the blue switch. That'll make the east branch take a lot less time.

Boss is also unchanged.

[/SPOILER-BOX]
I got lazy and I haven't run Amaduscia (I probably spelt that wrong) yet. So I can't comment on it.

Question about the De Malmoth part
How many spawn?

Mizers in general are a pain to farm, so I doubt it.

Also solo Amaduscia notes, from a quick run of it.

Area 1
S Rank clear time at least 17-18 minutes.

The initial spawn seem to have changed slightly, as in the spawns are staggered instead of all of the enemies spawning at once.

The first major difference is the platforming section. The switches are timed, and the wall is now two coloured walls (Yellow and Green). Beyond the wall there's a console to turn off the wall permanently. The shortcut can be accessed since of the timed switches as well.

At the second dragonkin, instead of 1 El Arda, 1 Breeda, and 4 El Dagans there are now only 2 El Arda. No more stupid poison now.

Area 2

First off, you spawn right in middle of the 4 way intersection you usually got to via teleporter. No more falling. Anyways, the 4 way split here is identical to before.

The next change is during the whole switch run. The first attack switch is now located behind a rock instead of on the wall. A really useless change, but it might confuse you for a moment.

The telporter at the end of this area now teleports you to where you used to drop in. You get your preview of the Caterdan and Gwanada now, teleporting again takes you to the large room.

Area 3
Not much different here if you do it right. But if you mess up, the Code Attacks are now a joke. No excess mobs spawn, only the required enemies spawn so you can blow through the Attacks as fast as you can kill them. It makes failure a lot less painful as the 1-2 minute Attacks are now only about 10-20 seconds.

Boss is the same.
Still rather just skip the codes entirely.

When you try to auto follow someone that has it disabled, A message will say something like "Cant Auto Follow" at the bottom, like when you complete a CO.

Ok, but how do you tell if YOU YOURSELF toggled the option to be "auto-followed" via the hotkey?

Unless it does show you, but in the field.....I tried in lobby and nothing happened >.<

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 10:10 PM
The bevy of new weapons is both welcome and strange. Why are we getting a sixth double saber that not only outclasses the Demo Comet but drops off the normal version of that midboss? The new T. Daggers are great, but why that along with the W. Lances on Gwanahda? I do greatly appreciate a second 10* T. Machinegun as well as a much more reasonable and decent 10* Knuckle off of Mizer.

Coatl
Dec 5, 2012, 10:14 PM
Why are the new *10 machine guns weaker than the best *9 machine gun?
Are they all-class or something?

Laxedrane
Dec 5, 2012, 10:29 PM
Why are the new *10 machine guns weaker than the best *9 machine gun?
Are they all-class or something?

This is actually more common then one would think. Force weapons went through a phase like this. In fact I think out most weapon classes during the first half of very hard. Only a handful of 10* beat the 8 and 9* released that update.

Umbrella most of the double sabers and the mechguns the only ones coming to mind. But I didn't seriously look outside of force weapons.

Why... I am not sure. I know the first 10* cane wasn't all jobs, maybe they'll make up for it with some super powerful "Hidden potential*.

Rien
Dec 5, 2012, 10:43 PM
Okay, TA's have become absolutely impossible for me.

The buttons on Lillipa TA's mine level don't show up, stopping me from passing the three(four?)-color gate...

...Leaving me stuck forever!

Invertex
Dec 5, 2012, 10:53 PM
Question about the De Malmoth part
How many spawn?

Still rather just skip the codes entirely.

I only brought that up since I accidentally one shot all the dragonkin on normal. It's always better to avoid it if possible.

Didn't check the Malmoths. I already think I found a better route regardless.
(Also note the Teal button has been removed from solos at least)

I'm still only sitting on a 15:56 VH time though, but that's just my lack of good equipment. My weapon is no-element. >>

It's something like...
Area 1
Hit the switches in any order you want, go to the room with the 4 portals. Focus on the Oodans on the far left and the Za Oodons the far right to open the West and East portals. Ignore the Aginis and Gulfs if possible.

Take either portal and just circle around, clearing the area. Go through the portal and destroy the rock to trigger a flag, then go back through the portal and activate both switches. Do the run to Rockbear and kill him as fast as you can.

Area 2
Run fowards and hit the Orange, Green, and Purple switches in that order. Run through the right area to the end and kill everything there. Activate the switch and jump back once, kill a single Malmoth, then jump back to the center area.

Kill the 2 Yedi, 2 Malmoths, and 6 Rappies here and head north. Kill the spawns here and activate the switch on the right, then backtrack and hit the Yellow and Blue switches.

Go to the left path and kill the 4 Gulfurs and hit the switch on the left in the snow pile, go back and repress the switches if necessary. Clear out the second spawn, hit the switch, and teleport. Clear out this area, hit the switch, jump over the gap and take a left, then a right. Clear out the area you'd normally get to from taking the teleporter on the right branch and hit that switch. Shortcut to the boss.

Then kill the boss and yeah.

Syklo
Dec 5, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'll need to try a solo normal again since the first time I was just checking what's changed, scored 19:19 T.T

Yeah, im so weak. Still looking for nishiki's and blade dance and a quartz calibur
sigh.

Coatl
Dec 6, 2012, 02:58 AM
This is actually more common then one would think. Force weapons went through a phase like this. In fact I think out most weapon classes during the first half of very hard. Only a handful of 10* beat the 8 and 9* released that update.

Umbrella most of the double sabers and the mechguns the only ones coming to mind. But I didn't seriously look outside of force weapons.

Why... I am not sure. I know the first 10* cane wasn't all jobs, maybe they'll make up for it with some super powerful "Hidden potential*.

The *10 cane IS all class. :I

gigawuts
Dec 6, 2012, 03:19 AM

The umbra rod is and always was allclass, as mentioned.

Ardillou was the best example of something being and staying the most powerful for a long time, being added in the first hard update and staying the best until pretty much VH. I suspect it's to give hardcore grinding players something to hunt. in the long term. Alternatively, they've planned drops for each monster but haven't necessarily considered when they'll be made available.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 6, 2012, 04:56 AM
this new double sabers better than demo?? thats kind of a bummer.. what are the stats of this doublesaber??

326 base vs Demo's 321 iirc. It's minor but it counts, its now the seconds strongest double saber saber and demo dropped to third :/

Last night when I checked free field 1 dropped already and 4 of the Gwana daggers. I hope the daggers are common enough to drop for me...I wouldn't mind it as my first 10* tbh

Coatl
Dec 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
Well look at it this way guys.
Now you have three drops to look forward to from a rare Gwana. :D

Does Normal Gwana drop the *10 DS and dagger or is it the rare or is it only from the rare gwana?

jooozek
Dec 6, 2012, 06:02 AM
Items becoming obsolete with time, who would've thought...

Ce'Nedra
Dec 6, 2012, 06:08 AM
Well look at it this way guys.
Now you have three drops to look forward to from a rare Gwana. :D

Does Normal Gwana drop the *10 DS and dagger or is it the rare or is it only from the rare gwana?

Rare bosses can drop all rares of their non rare counter parts, hence you can get Ragne units from Argani etc.

So Nero can now drop

Demoltion Comet
Lambda Hard Quartz
Gravel Core
Gwanadha Dagger
Gwanadha double saber

Syklo
Dec 6, 2012, 07:01 AM
Just like to also mention that Klotho and Jozsef have partner-card CO's

And Cut-ins can now have their brightness adjusted by using t1-t5 after the usual syntax (/ci3 5 t5)

And the <skill> or <sk> macros now actually WORK.

Also a change in knockdown behaviour: you slide on land in the direction your head points. So you could be flying sideways but slide backwards.

P.S. are there any all-class wands?

LinkKD
Dec 7, 2012, 04:09 PM
My mouse/camera bug persists after the emergency maintance...just stating =w=

Coatl tested it too, happens to him too...so it's really not just me, and also not a problem with my PC or mouse...I'm guessing noone here complained about it either because it didn't bug with everyone, or because they play with controllers...and the bug involves the mouse alone.

Though srsly...noone else got this? anyone else who plays with keyboard+mouse? x_x...it's still playable, but...I don't feel very thrilled at all to play with the camera like that...it's just ew.

I wonder if there's anything I can do to make it better, or all I can do is wait for Sega to fix this.

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2012, 04:23 PM
Rare bosses can drop all rares of their non rare counter parts, hence you can get Ragne units from Argani etc.

So Nero can now drop

Demoltion Comet
Lambda Hard Quartz
Gravel Core
Gwanadha Dagger
Gwanadha double saber

Plus the gwanada lance, a 10* wired lance!

The gwana dub is actually STRONGER than the demo comet on top of this. They're not even too rare as far as desert drops go, which is an amusing thought.

LinkKD
Dec 7, 2012, 05:44 PM
Oh ok...I think I fully get what the problem really is in PSO2.

it seems that both my mouse and keyboard (both USB) have a delay to respond in PSO2...sorta like, I move my mouse and only half a second later the cursos moves. This also applies to any key I press on keyboard aswell. (since I play with keyboard+mouse that's very, very lame lol)

so it IS sorta like a latency...

I managed to realize this by alt tabbing and having my PSO2 on the background, in a way both my windows mouse cursor and my PSO2 mouse cursor would display and respond to my mouse...and the PSO2 cursor was always behind the windows cursor, like it was running after it, lol.

so uhm...yeah...did anyone get this too? or does anyone know if this is reported in the bugs list they intend to fix? http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?page=1

Syklo
Dec 7, 2012, 07:00 PM
My mouse/camera bug persists after the emergency maintance...just stating =w=

Coatl tested it too, happens to him too...so it's really not just me, and also not a problem with my PC or mouse...I'm guessing noone here complained about it either because it didn't bug with everyone, or because they play with controllers...and the bug involves the mouse alone.

Though srsly...noone else got this? anyone else who plays with keyboard+mouse? x_x...it's still playable, but...I don't feel very thrilled at all to play with the camera like that...it's just ew.

I wonder if there's anything I can do to make it better, or all I can do is wait for Sega to fix this.

it seems that both my mouse and keyboard (both USB) have a delay to respond in PSO2...sorta like, I move my mouse and only half a second later the cursos moves. This also applies to any key I press on keyboard aswell. (since I play with keyboard+mouse that's very, very lame lol)

I managed to realize this by alt tabbing and having my PSO2 on the background, in a way both my windows mouse cursor and my PSO2 mouse cursor would display and respond to my mouse...and the PSO2 cursor was always behind the windows cursor, like it was running after it, lol.

so uhm...yeah...did anyone get this too? or does anyone know if this is reported in the bugs list they intend to fix? http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?page=1

Not me, and I play in virtual full screen mode if that makes any difference :\
the only "Camera lag" I get is if the lobby has soo much people that it takes that much time to even render them

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2012, 07:59 PM
Plus the gwanada lance, a 10* wired lance!

The gwana dub is actually STRONGER than the demo comet on top of this. They're not even too rare as far as desert drops go, which is an amusing thought.

Quoting because relevant.

Just checked droprates.

Demo comets in 7 days: 27

Gwana doubles in 7 days: 18

Yeah. So 15 demo comets dropped in 1 day while people looked for the gwana double, which dropped 18 times.

A ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Sparzyle
Dec 7, 2012, 08:19 PM

Hmm I got a similar issue, dunno if the same as you but I posted my solution here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202927

LinkKD
Dec 7, 2012, 09:38 PM
Hmm I got a similar issue, dunno if the same as you but I posted my solution here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202927

It's not a slow camera, and it's not even only the camera...I have a delay on the keyboard and mouse in general, it's only in PSO2 too.

just everything I do has a half second delay to get read by the game...like if I had latency in my commands...though that doesn't make sense because my commands dont have to go through the net to be read.

anyway, I did try to change the camera speed already, no good...am I seriously the only one with this? I can't play like this =.='...it's only on PSO2, and it only started after the last update, plus I didn't change any settings in my game, keyboard, mouse or whatever during this time.

guess imma just make a topic about it and see if someone can have any idea of wtf is this...if this goes on I'll just end up quitting the game <_>

Sp-24
Dec 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
OK, so they weren't kidding about improved chances to obtain a single Grinder from FUN Scratch. In my 8 tries, I've only got something else 2 times, and one of those things was a Photon Crystal (the other one wasn't a Synthesizer, surprisingly).

Ezodagrom
Dec 8, 2012, 12:45 PM
OK, so they weren't kidding about improved chances to obtain a single Grinder from FUN Scratch. In my 8 tries, I've only got something else 2 times, and one of those things was a Photon Crystal (the other one wasn't a Synthesizer, surprisingly).
That's because Synthesizers were removed from FUN scratch. :>

Mushy2000
Dec 8, 2012, 03:11 PM
That's because Synthesizers were removed from FUN scratch. :>

That's not true I just got one today.

Ezodagrom
Dec 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
That's not true I just got one today.
Are you sure it was a synthesizer and not something else?

Here is a list of items that were removed from FUN scratch in December 5th, synthesizer is in the list:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-patch-11282012/

Also, in the FUN scratch catalog, there's no synthesizer listed there:
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

RedRaz0r
Dec 9, 2012, 01:38 PM
Here's my first impression: WHERE THE HELL ARE MY 99 GRINDERS?

Xaelouse
Dec 9, 2012, 01:40 PM
Here's my first impression: WHERE THE HELL ARE MY 99 GRINDERS?

on the 17th, dingbat

Syklo
Dec 9, 2012, 06:13 PM
on the 17th, dingbat
isn't it 19th on the weekly maint?

Sp-24
Dec 9, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hmm, maybe RNG was just playing tricks on me, not realising that I don't have a sense of humor. Today, I got earrings, some pointless music, a scarf and emo hair in ~7 tries, and I haven't seen a single Grinder in a while. Guess things aren't as bad as I thought, after all.

Z-0
Dec 9, 2012, 06:26 PM
It's 19th, yeah.

Keyblade59
Dec 9, 2012, 06:46 PM
So RNG is broken, why can't I find a freaking group for rogbelt then? I figure people would instead of farming mizer bullet would switch to yas 9000, but I'm surprised to not find a lot of farmers, or barely anyone.

raiden55
Dec 9, 2012, 07:11 PM
So about these parallel worlds, people got more luck after a few days ?
Do you need to be on a free world or it can happen on any quest ?
Do you need to be on VH or any difficulty works ?
Still didn't saw any :/

Syklo
Dec 9, 2012, 07:49 PM
So about these parallel worlds, people got more luck after a few days ?
Do you need to be on a free world or it can happen on any quest ?
Do you need to be on VH or any difficulty works ?
Still didn't saw any :/
VH and single party areas only