PDA

View Full Version : AotI Data Transfer Question

knight85
Dec 5, 2012, 11:13 AM
OK let's say for the sake of argument i have this bad ass episode 1 extra mode character that i've spent ages developing alongside ethan as the game progresses.

and after clearing the game i decide to start up a fresh new character and put some of my gear from my badass character into the common box for my fresh character. then put the gear into my fresh character's inventory and then transfer the save data of my fresh character across into Ambition of the Illuminus.

would i still get Karen's partner card in Ambition of the Illuminus?

on a related topic does anybody on here know what items are unique to episode 1 that can be transfered over to episode 2 other than the bow that looks like a pair of dragon wings

Gunbladelad
Dec 6, 2012, 02:37 PM
First of all, there is no common box in offline mode (I answered this in your topic on GameFAQs as well).

Secondly, as long as the related Story Mode saves have Karen's Partner card unlocked, then all "Extra Mode" saves from the same memory card should also have the Partner card available. It should be noted, however, that there are a handful of room decorations that are limited to new saves on AOTI and will be unavailable if you transfer over the PSU characters.

I believe that the Tengogh Bow is the main exclusive that's unavailable in AOTI, but I do recall hearing that several items that are relatively simple to come by in PSU are hard to locate in AOTI - Sadly I don't recall what those items are off the top of my head.

knight85
Dec 6, 2012, 03:39 PM
are you sure about the common box? i could have sworn i saw something like that in ethan's room one time when i played these games.

that blows. it means that if i wanted the tengogh bow i'd need to be able to do one of the missions where those stupid dragons show up, meaning i'd need to be about level 20.

it also means that if i were to transfer data over i'd need to have done a bit of shopping since the character you create in AOTI starts with a saber, handgun, sword and double saber

Gunbladelad
Dec 6, 2012, 05:51 PM
The box itself is there, but there's no activation code for it on offline mode - essentially it's just background decoration, like the walls.

knight85
Dec 6, 2012, 07:43 PM
shit. i was counting on that thing to let me start episode 2 off with a low level character and just transfer items over from my good character. :bash::argh:

i guess there's not much i can do about it:( at the very least i'd only need to do it once and it'll let me try to get some NPC photon arts along the way. i just dont want to go into episode 2 with a character as powerful as ethan will be. there's no fun in that.

Gunbladelad
Dec 6, 2012, 09:29 PM
I've done a little digging about and items you can get in PSU that are unlikely (or simply won't) to appear in AOTI are;

Tengogh Bow
Orpad/Guard (or any of the shop-bought S-level units)
Whitill Wing (This one I believe does appear in AOTI but so rarely you'd be lucky to ever see one)

knight85
Dec 6, 2012, 09:44 PM
much thanks. i have ar max codes for episode 1 neway. i can use those to try and get a load of cash and buy up the units and stuff that wont carry over and then just stick it into storeage until the endstages of the game.

am i the only one who finds it stupid that they didnt release episode 3 as a new game?

altho i shouldnt be surprised, sega's main cash cow with these games seems to have been online play