PDA

View Full Version : Item Latent Abilities

untrustful
Dec 5, 2012, 11:22 AM
I'm mainly curious about Lambda Aristin's latent ability (if it has one), but has anyone got other weapons with other latent abilities?

Bellion
Dec 5, 2012, 11:27 AM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?潜在能力メモ

untrustful
Dec 5, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cool thx.

Zyrusticae
Dec 5, 2012, 11:55 AM
LOL, none of my weapons have a latent ability?!

Good grief. There goes my hope for reasons to stick with lower-tier weapons.

jooozek
Dec 5, 2012, 12:02 PM
Seems like they decided what (if at all) goes on what by throwing dice.

Crysteon
Dec 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
It's sort of a bummer to find that weapons like Stag and Digg Pillar dont have a latent ability. Perhaps Sega has an intention to give people a reason to use weaker weapons....I dunno, it's pretty dumb imo, lol.

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 12:11 PM
All weapons that's based off enemies doesn't seem to have anything right now. Weapons in the same series seem to all have the same abilities.

Z-0
Dec 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
I wonder if 7% JA damage makes Lambda Garland better than Demonic Fork... I'd test but the money that would have to go into that Lambda Garland, lol.

Lambda Fairnote is definitely better than all the 10* D-Sabers now though, considering you can grind it to 50 element (although they're really expensive, lol) easier than a 10 star, and it has +7% JA bonus upon grinding it 3 times.

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 12:34 PM
nutin for those sacred dusters :<

Why Sega, why?

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 12:56 PM
I wonder if 7% JA damage makes Lambda Garland better than Demonic Fork... I'd test but the money that would have to go into that Lambda Garland, lol.

Lambda Fairnote is definitely better than all the 10* D-Sabers now though, considering you can grind it to 50 element (although they're really expensive, lol) easier than a 10 star, and it has +7% JA bonus upon grinding it 3 times.

The funniest thing is...I really, really doubt it. But I don't really think it's supposed to.

They're testing the system to see if players think it's fair, I guess. Which with these bonuses nobody will ever think that. Where are you seeing 7% by the way? I see up to 5% on the garland at level 3. Level 3, as in get it to +10 3 times for 5 fucking percent.

However, if these bonuses are extended to recolors, which I imagine they will be, then they'll kick into useful territory what with lambda garlands with 5% extra damage approaching or surpassing 10* damage. It will also be quite costly. I'd say this is a good thing myself, 9*'s comparing to 10*'s, but I wouldn't say the "price" system is even remotely fair. But, assuming everything is magically fair and not BS in the end, and weapons are given more than a measely few percent bonuses so they have real utility, we're on to something here. The 10*'s should be the weapons with extra abilities, not merely extra damage.

What made this good on paper was that it was more than just a mediocre damage bonus for a bunch of weapons, with one resulting in the best damage and so being the only one anyone cares about. Something like the frozen tuna could've had an innate Chase Bind bonus of maybe 20%. This would be fantastic on a hu/fi to raise the chance further or just a nice perk for a hu/anything. Something like 5% JA for +10ing it three times? No. Just get a weapon with more damage. It will be way, way, way fucking less than the cost of +10ing it three times.

At least they're going to try to stabilize grinder supply by giving pretty much everyone 99 of the things. That'll definitely even out (lol).

I still think all weapons should automatically have level 1 unlocked, and guaranteed affixes (e.g. freeze II on maisen, spirita II on double saber legacy) should be part of that innate ability.

It's always been a successful system to have lower level weapons capable of higher max damage output under certain conditions or non-financial sacrifices (charge included, meseta was never a real sacrifice - they should've been choking down PD's), while the higher level weapons have superior base stats but utility specials such as freeze instead of extra offense. Musashi/Yamato/Asuka are the best example of this, with Berserk/Freeze/Burn specials in that order.

HFlowen
Dec 5, 2012, 01:26 PM
Duel disk boosts upper trap damage...

Trap Damage...

Duel Disk....

YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

Crysteon
Dec 5, 2012, 01:33 PM
Duel disk boosts upper trap damage...

Trap Damage...

Duel Disk....

YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

Lol....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wyn1nH8XZ4

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
I get the feeling that was entirely intentional.

Master of the obvious, I know.

Alenoir
Dec 5, 2012, 01:42 PM
That particular ability's name is "Trap Activation". >_>

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2012, 01:43 PM
That particular ability's name is "Trap Activation". >_>

Did not know that...

Yeah, definitely intentional.

Link1275
Dec 5, 2012, 02:04 PM
I wonder if Sega will get sued over copyright violation...?

Shadowth117
Dec 5, 2012, 02:11 PM
I wonder if Sega will get sued over copyright violation...?

Besides the ridiculousness of Japan itself in the first place with copyrights (see: doujins), its not really close enough to be of any issue. After something is modified enough, even if its pretty obvious what its referencing its not something you can really sue over.