PDA

View Full Version : Just to stay updated

orcduchaos
Dec 5, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey guys! First time here and very happy to finally get some news about PSO2.

So here's the case: I've played PSO2 this summer and I was so amazed of how this game is perfect. I won't hide the fact that I was terribly sad about the international server shut down :-( Since then, I moved to a new state and started college so I've been very busy. Do you guys know if they re-opened the servers? I googled it and the only news I found was dated of August...

I'm still receiving email about upcoming updates and events (in Japanese obviously) and wonder if there's now maybe a way to play since the closure?!

Sorry to have bothered you. I just can't wait to play this wonderful game again.
Also sorry for my English :-( I'm still trying to perfect it (actually it's the main reason why I moved here)

TL;DR Are the servers still only for Japan? If yes is there a new way to play?

*Old player of PSO/PSOBB, PSU and PSP*

Coatl
Dec 5, 2012, 04:08 PM
When was there ever an international server?

Anduril
Dec 5, 2012, 04:11 PM
International servers for PSO2 were never up. Everyone who has been playing has been on the JP servers. International servers are scheduled for "Spring 2013" but that's about all we know.

orcduchaos
Dec 5, 2012, 04:14 PM
International servers for PSO2 were never up. Everyone who has been playing has been on the JP servers. International servers are scheduled for "Spring 2013" but that's about all we know.

By international I mean... Open for international. This summer anyone in the world was able to play until they closed the access for non-japanese players. Is it still the case ?

Anduril
Dec 5, 2012, 04:18 PM
I think you are a bit confused in that respect. There was a brief period where the SEGAID website was blocking non-Japanese IPs from accessing it, but that was an error that was fixed within a few days. Really, the only way anyone has been able to play was by making a Japanese SEGAID account, and that has not been region locked except for the few days I mentioned before.

MissMalice
Dec 5, 2012, 04:18 PM
Don't know where you were getting your "PSO2 news" from, but you should probably just use this from now on: Bumped.org (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/)

orcduchaos
Dec 5, 2012, 04:24 PM
Don't know where you were getting your "PSO2 news" from, but you should probably just use this from now on: Bumped.org (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/)

I will thanks!

I think you are a bit confused in that respect. There was a brief period where the SEGAID website was blocking non-Japanese IPs from accessing it, but that was an error that was fixed within a few days. Really, the only way anyone has been able to play was by making a Japanese SEGAID account, and that has not been region locked except for the few days I mentioned before.

So you say we can still play on JP servers? You just made my day sir thank you very very much!