PDA

View Full Version : gunslashes and other weapon questions

psycho4r5
Dec 5, 2012, 05:51 PM
ok so first off is there a guide that shows exactly which classes can use which weapons? for instance double sabers require s atk yet my hunter can not equip them, same with twin daggers.

second question, I really enjoy gunslashes but im a little confused with which class they are made for. they require dex to use and I am not sure which class dex corresponds to s r and t attack are obvious but what about dex and what exactly does dex do?

So far I have been raising a mag to have S atk by feeding him hunter weapons which also raises dex but only by a small amount which leads me to believe gunslashes would be a hunter weapon but I am confused here. assuming that gunslashes are made for hunters and I want to use them do I need to focus more on raising my mags dex or should I still stick to S attk with a small amount of dex from hunter weapons which is what I have been doing? I feel like if I stick to my current path I will not have the required dex to use the endgame gunslashes (of course all of this only matters if gunslashes are made to be a hunter weapon)

thanks in advance

another thing I just thought of, for the skill trees the hunter tree has wired lances partizans and swords which leads me to assume that fighter would have twin daggers and double sabers is this correct? Also do gunslashes appear under any talent tree? Lastly, if gunslashes arent the weapon im hoping them to be based on my first post, I would want to use twin daggers for single target and swords for multiple target SO I assume this means I would want to raise my sword talents but then what happens when I unlock fighter? would I no longer be using my hunter skill tree or is fighter somekind of extension of the hunter tree?

I know there are alot of questions here and I appreciate anyone up tot eh task of answering them all.

I am just trying to master this game and do everything right because I was quite the skilled pso ep1 and 2 player and I hope to be just as good at this one

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 06:08 PM
Daggers and Double Sabers are fighter weapons, Same for Fists

Gunslashes work on any class, but they don't really so much as have any skill trees that really support the weapon like Swords and Double Sabers. Dex raises your minimum damage, its not really an impressive stat. All classes have a bit of Dex here an there.

No matter what weapon you feed it, Dex will always rise. So if you want to make a Pure S-Atk mag, you're going to have to keep Dex contained by feeding it the right room items. Otherwise let Dex increase naturally by feeding it weapons. Manually adding Dex might make it more difficult for you to get back to raising S-Atk in the later levels of mag raising.

EDIT: As for subclassing you get to use both skill trees of both classes, however you can only equip weapons of your main class. So if you want to use a sword as a fighter, you will need to have a tuna sword or a Lambada Aristan. As those weapons can be used by any class

blace
Dec 5, 2012, 06:17 PM
To add onto the Dex being added to your Mag, room items and recovery items reduce the amount of Dex gained. Monomates reduce Dex gained, but add on S-ATK and S-DEF, something to feed your mag once in a while to control the feeding.

psycho4r5
Dec 6, 2012, 08:33 PM
drifting fable and blace thank you guys, I have a much better grasp on these issues now. again, appreciate the help guys.