PDA

View Full Version : Private Server?

AfroTheGreat
Dec 5, 2012, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know if someone will make one? Or if one is already made?

Griffin
Dec 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
It ceased because the guy got too busy.

Noblewine
Dec 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
I know one existed but I don't know if any progress was made. I think two exist at the moment, that's all I know at the time. But I wish the game was playable all we could do is just kill stuff and get nothing out of it. Some of the maps worked and other would kick you from the game would trying to open a door or pick up a keycard. =/

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 6, 2012, 01:48 AM
I'd be surprised if someone actually cared enough to make a private server for this game.

Griffin
Dec 6, 2012, 01:55 AM
In case you didn't catch the drift, there HAS been a private server for PSU, way before the PSU sunset was even announced. Hell, I've even logged into it, chatted with people in the Guardians Colony, and entered missions and killed mobs.

But as far as technicalities, it had a lot of kinks to work out. The guy behind it gave up on it because it was more work than it was actually worth. Didn't blame him...too much.

Noblewine
Dec 6, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'd be surprised if someone actually cared enough to make a private server for this game.

I agree with this. How many people actually liked PSU to go out of their way to make the game playable? I doubt any would because of how it was different and simplistic. I only met a few people on the network mode back on the pc2/pc hub that liked it. Lemme add to that; how many pso player even liked PSU?

In case you didn't catch the drift, there HAS been a private server for PSU, way before the PSU sunset was even announced.

Yeah but I was disappointed with the way it turned out. I had a feeling the game was not making any progress. I knew someone from the ps2/pc hub that offered to help fix some of the problems only to be blown off and ignored. =/
Pretty sad too when the game could've turned out better.

DeathDragon2332
Dec 8, 2012, 08:02 PM
Not anymore, he didn't get to busy he got lazy and stopped trying, his team has never finished a project before, just wait for the "patch" to get done by "him"

Lostbob117
Dec 9, 2012, 09:00 PM
Not anymore, he didn't get to busy he got lazy and stopped trying, his team has never finished a project before, just wait for the "patch" to get done by "him"

You do realize there wasn't any team plus the private server is on hold till someone can do what they need done steps in. Also for your interest the same person is making "The Arkive" with a few other people. So saying they don't finish anything is a stupid rumor.

Also this is really the only things they done.

Noblewine
Dec 11, 2012, 01:18 AM
So the project is on hold then?

aden045
Dec 12, 2012, 01:14 AM
I really like this game.... I have much fun when i use it..... thanks.........

Mystil
Dec 12, 2012, 04:53 AM
Its been on hold for a while now. I'm guessing it wont happen considering the lack of help with coding and such. PSU isn't as simple as other games.

Lostbob117
Dec 12, 2012, 06:50 PM
So the project is on hold then?

Yes, until the people can get someone do what they need and they need to understand a lot of other stuff.

Noblewine
Dec 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
I find it funny that the project is on hold. I know someone who already offered to help with one in-game issue and was ignored. *Shrugs*

▲➌〇N
Dec 15, 2012, 03:42 AM
I'd play this! (wonders how much a server would cost to run hmmm)

Lostbob117
Dec 15, 2012, 05:11 AM
I find it funny that the project is on hold. I know someone who already offered to help with one in-game issue and was ignored. *Shrugs*

What was the in-game issue?

Kaziel
Dec 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
There is still a project for the Offline Mode to add more content.
I have not looked too far into it though. It's supposedly still being worked on.

As for private server development, it's completely halted. I expect PSO2 to be released Stateside before the project gets started up again.

saying they don't finish anything is a stupid rumor.
Stupid or not, he did personally state that.

Subject Delta
Dec 15, 2012, 08:01 AM
It was a joke, bro.

Kaziel
Dec 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
It was a joke, bro.

Oh, lol. I can see why people would make that mistake, then. My bad.

Still.

Noblewine
Dec 16, 2012, 12:08 AM
What was the in-game issue?

If you picked up a keycard or opened doors in certain maps the game would kick you. Also I remember when you finish the tutorial mission Seed Purge you'd spawn in a wall and get stuck in the next lobby. The universe cube didn't work either. Selecting a universe meant you were on the same universe as everyone else. One map had no textures and was a complete void but you could see a door but it was locked. I can't remember the name but I think it was the map where you have to eliminate the seed blewme and seed cores. I know it was a map on Parum.

I enjoyed playing online again regardless of the chat being seen no matter where you were. It was better than the conditions with psp2 network mode.

Vashyron
Dec 16, 2012, 11:00 AM

Ha, that line was actually a joke referencing to at some point on PSOW some guy said "essen's team never finishes anything" or so in one of the several topics in regards of "lol pso2 en patch will never come."

Despite there really being no such "team" or the fact that Essen has nothing to do with the EN patch.

They would be ignored when everything was basically getting re-written.

If you're friend could actually "help" with anything how about pointing them to the server's source code, it's open source. Seems like no one wants to do it!

Noblewine
Dec 17, 2012, 02:38 AM
They would be ignored when everything was basically getting re-written.

If you're friend could actually "help" with anything how about pointing them to the server's source code, it's open source. Seems like no one wants to do it!

He could've fixed the issue that kicked players after picking up a keycard or opening a door. But I guess that's just a minor issue to blow off. =/
When you say they need someone to find the source code that's more important?

Vashyron
Dec 17, 2012, 05:38 AM
... The private server's source code is open is what I'm saying.

DragonForce
Dec 18, 2012, 12:26 AM
This project will never be complete and that's a fact, especially if there is one guy that's working on it. Even if there's a snowball's chance in hell that it ever does become complete, it probably wouldn't get many players because by then, VR-gaming would be prominent and playing on a console would be a thing of the past.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2012, 08:22 PM
... The private server's source code is open is what I'm saying.

Okay but I don't really get what you mean. Sorry I'm not use to this terminolgy. =/

blace
Dec 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Okay but I don't really get what you mean. Sorry I'm not use to this terminolgy. =/

It is as it sounds, it's open to anyone interested.

JCGamer
Dec 19, 2012, 04:05 AM
plain and simple they wont or might not gonna plan on doing anyways. its possible for PSU can be a private server but the problem is lack of support user and not enough info to carry on this problem. PSU had many many problem just for Sega to even care about the game. ESSEN try everything he could to make the psu run as private server this is the reason no one ever bother with it. the reason why psu can not be private server but never gonna happen and if did happen this topic about private server will be lock or removed because its taboo to even bring up the subject up to beginning.On this forum we are not aloud to discuss about any type private server to this forum. in the near future if psu become a private server the Moderator or Administrator will disclose the topic of any kind of private server related with Phantasy star games

blace
Dec 19, 2012, 04:17 AM
Well according to the rules over on the PSO2 board, you're not allowed to supply a link to the site that provides the english patch.

I digress, it takes more than a few people to bring the game into fruition and that PSU was coded differently than PSO.

JCGamer
Dec 19, 2012, 04:20 AM
Well according to the rules over on the PSO2 board, you're not allowed to supply a link to the site that provides the english patch.

I digress, it takes more than a few people to bring the game into fruition and that PSU was coded differently than PSO. well Im not linking any patch from his topic but if that case then I remove it. but point blank that Essen made clear enough they cant support and lack of info and research why psu cant be a private server

blace
Dec 19, 2012, 04:22 AM
I never said it was an easy task. A lot of people do assume it can be done with anything, but they don't realize how much effort it takes to get it off the ground let alone a working server that can stand on its own.

Also, if I recall the site isn't normally associated with this because of the mods for the games they've done.

JCGamer
Dec 19, 2012, 04:27 AM
I never said it was an easy task. A lot of people do assume it can be done with anything, but they don't realize how much effort it takes to get it off the ground let alone a working server that can stand on its own.

Also, if I recall the site isn't normally associated with this because of the mods for the games they've done.^^ hmmm *jc thinking*I think you got good point on that one.

Noblewine
Dec 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
It is as it sounds, it's open to anyone interested.

I think I get it Blace, thanks. However, I'm abit confused I mean I thought the problem was they were having trouble finding the source code now they are waiting for someone to work on the source code. Which is it?

blace
Dec 20, 2012, 03:14 AM
I think I get it Blace, thanks. However, I'm abit confused I mean I thought the problem was they were having trouble finding the source code now they are waiting for someone to work on the source code. Which is it?
They were having trouble getting it to work and lacked the manpower to iron out the bugs and apply any fixes.

Noblewine
Dec 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
They were having trouble getting it to work and lacked the manpower to iron out the bugs and apply any fixes.

Ah so that's the problem. I misunderstood what the issue was. I wonder if there is any hope of anyone working on the source code so the game is playable.

DeathDragon2332
Dec 22, 2012, 08:53 AM
You do realize there wasn't any team plus the private server is on hold till someone can do what they need done steps in. Also for your interest the same person is making "The Arkive" with a few other people. So saying they don't finish anything is a stupid rumor.

Also this is really the only things they done.

Lmao ok before you try to rant here is the exact post from the forums, "I'm putting the EGS project on hold until further notice. I do not think development will resume, though.

I initially did this project to be able to learn Erlang, and it worked great for that. I'm now pretty well known in the Erlang world and many doors have been opened to me, and of course I'm not refusing any chance there. Which also mean that I don't have time anymore. When I'm not busy working I'm busy being tired. My interest in this is also pretty low now as I have many more interesting projects I would like to pursue. Finally, SEGA really did a mess designing that game and it brings a lot of frustration, which only one man can handle at this point. He's still making you great stuff for offline mode. So I'm leaving things as they are with no plans to continue the server's development.

The only thing that could make this project resume is getting complete specifications for the game from SEGA, which will never happen. Even now it would still be quicker to make my own game than to implement this server.

essen's team never finishes a project. You have been warned.

Thanks again for your continuous support. You may now say "Told ya" to anyone willing to hear it.

Oh look at that.

Noblewine
Dec 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
Well I'm disappointed. =/

DragonForce
Dec 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
Ha. This idiot called Absolut Zero keeps sending me messages over XBL saying the PSU servers are coming back at the end of the month. It's good to know I'm right once again.

DeathDragon2332
Dec 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
Ha ha wow what an idiot.

EvilMag
Dec 29, 2012, 04:17 PM
That guy kept annoying me to help him start on JP and stuff after they announced that 360 was shutting down.

Noblewine
Dec 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
Can we close this topic now. I'm pretty disappointed with the outcome about the server progress. =/