PDA

View Full Version : Advanced classes and sub classes

RedRobin72
Dec 6, 2012, 09:04 PM
Does it cost AC to become one of the advanced classes like techer or gunner? and also, does it cost AC to switch between your main class and sub class?

Blicen
Dec 6, 2012, 09:09 PM
No to both your questions.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 6, 2012, 09:30 PM
It costs AC to buy a second skill tree for a class (or reset), but none to unlock or switch.

Ezodagrom
Dec 6, 2012, 09:43 PM
Does it cost AC to become one of the advanced classes like techer or gunner? and also, does it cost AC to switch between your main class and sub class?
Well, fighter, gunner and techer are not really "advanced" classes, they're just normal classes like hunter, ranger and force, but they have access to different weapons and need to be unlocked. ^^;

Anyway, AC is not required to get access to the new classes or to get access to subclasses.

It costs AC to buy a second skill tree for a class (or reset), but none to unlock or switch.
To clarify, a player gets access to 1 skill tree per class, AC is only required to have more than 1 skill tree in one class.

ZIE creations
Dec 6, 2012, 11:56 PM
Should keep noted all the actual gameplay elements are free, such as classes and quests. AC is only for cosmetics and quality of life items, like extra storage or increase upgrade stuffs, which are never really needed in the first place and most quality of items can be earned through FUN or photons anyways.

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2012, 12:03 AM
Should keep noted all the actual gameplay elements are free, such as classes and quests. AC is only for cosmetics and quality of life items, like extra storage or increase upgrade stuffs, which are never really needed in the first place and most quality of items can be earned through FUN or photons anyways.

Unless you want to specialize your class in different things. I wouldn't consider having the option of playing an offensive hunter sometimes and defensive hunter other times any more "quality of life" than playing as an entirely different class - since that's what skilltree specs really are for, modifying playstyles.

GreenArcher
Dec 7, 2012, 12:17 AM
Unless you want to specialize your class in different things. I wouldn't consider having the option of playing an offensive hunter sometimes and defensive hunter other times any more "quality of life" than playing as an entirely different class - since that's what skilltree specs really are for, modifying playstyles.

But you could just make separate accounts and characters for all your specializations!1!!11!1111

With most of the AC options, it is easy to get by without them, or there are more time costly ways of getting them in game. But there are still certain things that you sort of need and can only be obtained with AC, as giga brings up.

IMO the cash shop is great, there are a few (almost) necessities so we are pushed to buy a little bit (skill trees, mags, character slots).

Stormwalker
Dec 7, 2012, 12:53 AM
Yep, it's about what I would expect in a F2P game.

You get the basics--the things you absolutely must have--for free. You get some of the things you would really like to have--but not all of them--for free. You get very few of the luxury things for free.

So you end up having to buy a few things that really make the game more playable (extra storage, extra mags, extra inventory space, skill trees), and then you pick which luxuries you think are really worth paying for (in my case: premium!) .

And your mileage may vary with regard to which things you really *need* to buy and which are luxuries. But you get just about everything that's mandatory for free, and what you need to buy will depend on your playstyle.

Me, I buy a lot (skill trees, mags, inventory expansion, extra characters, premium, extra storage). But that's partly because I have more money than I have time and patience, and those things allow me to spend my game time more efficiently.