PDA

View Full Version : Gunner limited airtime now?

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 7, 2012, 01:30 AM
I wasn't always the type to stay in the air forever(nor did I know how) but it was funny staying above a Ga Wonda for awhile they swinging and can't do much until maybe a couple of seconds later.

Unless it's just me I did notice that the second normal attack's animation is different. iirc it uses to be two rounds. now its just one and when attempt keep it up you'll go down rather quickly unless you have alot of PP to suffice it but even then it is different then what it was before the update... :o

Skye-Fox713
Dec 7, 2012, 01:38 AM
hmm i'll have to test this when i jump back on

Griffin
Dec 7, 2012, 01:42 AM
Yea it was confirmed by another earlier.

PSE NERF! NO MORE!

blace
Dec 7, 2012, 01:52 AM
I was wondering why the Fang Banshee was able to hit me. Time to change my mechgun PAs again.

Riffania
Dec 7, 2012, 01:57 AM
finally it's NERF? or Bug?

Rien
Dec 7, 2012, 02:01 AM
Unless it's just me I did notice that the second normal attack's animation is different. iirc it uses to be two rounds. now its just one ....

Click more?

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 7, 2012, 02:19 AM
Click more?
I waiting for someone to say that lol
Yes I do continue to do that.

What I'm saying is....something was changed... lol

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
It does feel a little harder to stay in the air. Especially noticeable with Aerial Shooting (flip kick up but now drops back down to where you started the PA height-wise). Can still climb and stay afloat in other ways but not as easily or quickly.

CelestialBlade
Dec 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
I soloed Zeshrayda last night after the maintenance which I love doing as Gunner, usually stay airborne for most of the fight...didn't think staying airborne was really any harder than before. Maybe it's just my technique. I'm sure it's nothing a little practice can't work around.

Invertex
Dec 7, 2012, 01:41 PM
I'm also pretty sure nothing has changed, flips still gain altitude and shooting doesn't make you lose any. If you want to check for yourself, try doing a few grounded flips and shooting as soon as you can. If you do it right, you'll be in the air (barely).

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 7, 2012, 02:05 PM
It maybe my technique as well since I never taught (or truly told) the other ways of gaining air so what I've been doing was:
Twins #1PAs: Aerial Shooting -> Bullet Squall -> Elder

Aerial is charged when I do it...and pretty much while in air doing bullet squall <->Elder in between just attacks (when im actually paying attention)

Like Seravi has mentioned Aerial Shooting does seem to just drop you before you can start the next PA now

If other would like to let me know the other ways to make usefulness of air tactics I'd appreciate it bcuz generally that was the only one I could think of I'm very newbish when it comes to gunner so im still learning
:P

PMs are fine as well if it's too much to type on thread or something *shrugs* lol

Aeris
Dec 7, 2012, 02:16 PM
They changed how fast you fall with aerial shooting if you looked in some previous threads.

Invertex
Dec 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
Well, charging Aerial Shooting then letting it go to get extra height at first is a good thing to do. I usually just ignore it though since I like my lazy Elder x3 setup.

I know this is pre-patch, but this is how I did it in boss fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8DUVFu3BmE
(If you check the TA video on the channel, I sort of do it on the Banther at the end. That's post patch)

If you need to move fowards, you can switch to manual aim and turn to the side and flip sideways (I do it at 4:30). Alternatively set up a Dead Approach x3 and switch to it whenever you need to get closer.

Just make sure to not do 3 flips in a row. The slow motion flip makes you lose altitude. Only use it when necessary.

Really it's just a timing thing.

Edit:
Well, I guess they might've changed some timing things after testing it. But I'm still fairly certain that if you just frame everything correctly, you won't fall. I wasn't recording, but this is how high I was able to stay post patch, using the same strategy as the video.

[spoiler-box]http://i49.tinypic.com/2m3qqet.png[/spoiler-box]

In case anyone reads this thread later on anyways.

noidkid
Dec 7, 2012, 11:48 PM
Aeris said "aerial shooting" not "aerial kick."

I can confirm that if you jump in the air and JA your normal attacks, you won't stay in the same altitude anymore. Instead, you will slowly drop after each shot.

Prior to Wednesday's patch, I lost nearly no altitude if I spammed normal attacks in the air.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
"Aerial Shooting" is the name of the crescent-kick-upward PA.

noidkid
Dec 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
Alright, so I got the PA name wrong, but my point still stands.

Apologies to Invertex for the mistake.

Rien
Dec 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the way to stay up was to use Elder Rebellion constantly then use Dead Approach for forward movement.

noidkid
Dec 8, 2012, 12:40 AM
Gunners always need the normal attacks to regenerate PP. Elder rebellion eats up 40PP per use.

Look up some older JP gunner vids, and you will see that they spam normal attack constantly in the air (to regenerate PP) and lose nearly 0 altitude.

Taurus83
Dec 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
I dont see any gunner stay up in the air keep shooting at range or rockbear or whatever boss that need to defeat after latest patch, guess they have reason to balance the gunner made it easy target hit by enemies if not stay on guard