PDA

View Full Version : After-patch Delay Bug

LinkKD
Dec 7, 2012, 10:09 PM
So, after the patch on the 5th I've been getting this really anoying bug |:

at first it seemed like a camera bug, but I slowly figured out what it really is with some observation.

In the end it seems it's a sort of latency/delay I have on my mouse and keyboard. Basically...whenever I move my mouse in the game, or I type any key on my keyboard, it takes about 0.3 seconds for the game to actually read the command. It doesn't sound like much, yeah...or one could think it's really only my imagination...but for some reason that actually fucks up my camera really bad.

The best way I found to 100% test what was going on was to do the following: alt tab from PSO2 but keep it on the background...this way I can see both PSO2's cursor and the windows cursor, and they both will respond to my mouse aswell. So then I start moving my mouse around and I notice that the PSO2 cursor is behind the windows cursor, like if it was running after it.

So yeah...that was a long explaination...I should probably just record a video showing it, I might try that...but I just want to know if anyone else got this bug, or if Sega stated that they'll fix this bug...Idk, I just need to find a way to play normally again, because playing like this is really not enjoyable.

and ah, ofc...this happens only in PSO2, my mouse and keyboard work just fine on anywhere else.

Syklo
Dec 7, 2012, 10:27 PM
I have no idea how to fix this but have you tried these?
-Setting pso2.exe priority to "high"
-Using different window modes (Fullscreen, virtual fullscreen, etc)
-shutting down as many processes as you can before playing?

what's your specs btw?

electrolytes
Dec 7, 2012, 10:37 PM
Could it be some sort of mouse smoothing? I remember something like that when playing Borderlands.

LinkKD
Dec 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
I have no idea how to fix this but have you tried these?
-Setting pso2.exe priority to "high"
-Using different window modes (Fullscreen, virtual fullscreen, etc)
-shutting down as many processes as you can before playing?

what's your specs btw?

I did.

however it's not a computer performance bug...the fps in the rest of the game is just fine and normal, and the latency the commands have is a steady one...it doesn't keep varying.

the bug just started after the patch too...never happened before, so...it's really something they altered in it. The weird part is how noone else seems to be stating this bug...I'd guess it's because most people play with a controller so they wouldn't really notice, but...there must be people here who play with keyboard+mouse too.

it's not something huge really...but it's clearly there, and it's really anoying x_x.

and uhm...even if it's not computer performance related, imma give you my specs anyway:

Intel Core i5 CPU

4 gb ram

ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card

(I intend on upgrading the ram memory and video card soon)

thanks for reading and stuff btw :~...my only hope is resting on Sega fixing this for now, as the bug is PSO2-only and I've already messed with all the settings that could make some sense on this from PSO2

Edit:

Mouse smoothing? what is that?

but uhm...it's not only the mouse, they keyboard gets it aswell so...meh.

Aeris
Dec 7, 2012, 11:42 PM
I wonder if the keyboard or mouse is wireless?

noidkid
Dec 7, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hey hey,

Made an account just to report that I am experiencing the same problem. I don't see it as much with my keyboard input, but I am getting very noticeable camera (mouse) lag and stuttering. My solution right now is to basically double my mouse speed (2000->4000dpi), which makes the stuttering worse, but the game is still very playable.

Like Link, the game has always ran buttery smooth for me. I have experienced nothing of the sort until Wednesday's update. I didn't change any settings prior to this lag/delay.

I too have been wondering why nobody else seems to be having this problem. So I decided to chime in, hoping we can get to the bottom of this somehow.

My general info:
Ship 6
Windows 7 64bit
Intel I5
ATI Radeon 4800
8gb Ram
SSD HD

noidkid
Dec 7, 2012, 11:43 PM

Nope don't have that. Keep in mind that we didn't experience this problem at all before the patch!

Syklo
Dec 7, 2012, 11:45 PM
As if everyone plays with controller..............well I don't.

Not getting this problem myself, but the only annoying problem I might get that's somewhat related is when sometimes the chat box loses focus and I just start randomly opening windows, lagging my screen.

Direct chat would be a solution, but i have no scroll lock key.

Aeris
Dec 7, 2012, 11:48 PM
Well nothing much we can do until we wait for next week's bug/glitch fix update, hope its fixed by the time it comes around.

noidkid
Dec 7, 2012, 11:50 PM
Well, Sega's not going to fix it if they don't know about it. That's the biggest problem, we're not seeing the problem reported anywhere. So it's up to those who are experiencing the problem to compile as much information as possible and somehow report it to Sega.

ZIE creations
Dec 8, 2012, 12:02 AM
I've had the same problem since launch actually, even went full down settings and got the game running 120fps >.< I play with a controller tho, so this really doesn't effect me at all besides when typing (but I also have a scroll lock key ^.-)

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 12:16 AM

Nu uh...they're both USB wired ports here...

and god, nice to see some people also have this x_x.

the best way to test and demonstrate this is by alt tabbing and have both PSO2 and windows cursors showing...this way you can see how the PSO2 mouse cursos lags behind the windows cursor. (I think this is easy to understand, right?)

and yeah, what noidkid said...Sega will fix it if this bug is reported...but if it's not...

I don't really know if it already was or not...I'd imagine some JP players would report it, but...would be nice if we had a way to report ourselves. I have 0 knowledge in japanese though...or how to make a report to Sega...if someone with japanese skills could give us a hand...that'd be heavenly.

and yeah, the keyboard delay isn't so much noticeable...I only noticed it today when typing in the chat...since I type looking at the screen and I type somewhat fast, I could notice how the words were lagging behind my actual typing. After that I started testing with the actual game commands, and then paying close atention, I could notice I would only start walking about a 0.3 second after I pressed "w" for example.

the game is still farily playable ofc...but it gets really "ugly" since whenever you have to move your camera it feels like the FPS is down to crap...even if the actual FPS doesn't really change at all.

it also obviously affects many in-battle things like just guarding and JAing with the keyboard...it barely affects it, but surely does...I mean...noone wants an input-latency, even if it's a very small one right? :/

noidkid
Dec 8, 2012, 12:25 AM
Yeah, even though I find the game playable still, it's a lot less enjoyable. I am the type of player that likes to get into the middle of the action, so being able to turn around quickly and precisely is essential to my play-style.

Over the weekend, I will try to figure out a way to report this problem to Sega JP. I was thinking of making a Fraps video comparing the PSO2 cursor speed with the camera speed. The video can also capture the gnarly stuttering that's been getting progressively worse as days go by. If I try to do a quick 180 , my screen will skip/stutter up to 45-90 of the degrees now. Does Sega even allow us to submit videos? If not, I can always upload it to Youtube and link Sega to it.

noidkid
Dec 8, 2012, 01:12 AM
So I went with Syklo's suggestion of trying different screen modes.

Fullscreen mode seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I have always used Virtual Fullscreen with no problems until Wednesday's update. It seems both Windowed Mode and VIrtual Fullscreen (which is just a modified window), is producing this delay issue for me.

I am glad I found a temporary fix, but this is still a problem that Sega needs to look at imo. On top of simply making features works as they are intended, Sega needs to make sure there isn't a bigger problem lurking underneath this. Seems like a rendering issue.

@Link

Can you verify/check this? Do you typically use VFS or Windowed? Does this problem go away if you try normal Fullscreen mode?

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 10:24 AM
So I went with Syklo's suggestion of trying different screen modes.

Fullscreen mode seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I have always used Virtual Fullscreen with no problems until Wednesday's update. It seems both Windowed Mode and VIrtual Fullscreen (which is just a modified window), is producing this delay issue for me.

I am glad I found a temporary fix, but this is still a problem that Sega needs to look at imo. On top of simply making features works as they are intended, Sega needs to make sure there isn't a bigger problem lurking underneath this. Seems like a rendering issue.

@Link

Can you verify/check this? Do you typically use VFS or Windowed? Does this problem go away if you try normal Fullscreen mode?

Uhmm...I usually use virtual FS myself, like you did.

I should check this...I thought I had tried with fullscreen already...but maybe not.

The thing is, I just gow a new screen for my PC...and I tried putting the mode in fullscreen after changing to the new screen BEFORE the patch.

and for some reason my game started glitching visually badly when I went fullscreen....even BEFORE the patch. So I think my screen or video card has issues with running PSO2 on fullscreen...and I'm not sure that'd help me...because even if it fixes this one issue, I'm guessing my game will crash after a few minutes of gameplay (after several visual bugs) x_x'.

but well...let me see if changing to fullscreen would at least fix this...just for the sake of testing...I'll try it in a bit *just woke up* and I'll post the results afterwards.

Edit:

Ok I tested...and yeah, it seems that on fullscreen this bug is gone for good...I hadn't tested the game on fullscreen before then, I thought I did...my bad x-x.

but yeah...this is still not a complete solution, just a temporary one...I didn't get any visual glitching when testing, but then again...I was logged just for a couple minutes to test. I'll try playing fullscreen next time I play and hope my visual bugs on fullscreen mode are gone for some miracle...

PSO2 did crash once when I was testing and alt-tabbed while loading my way into the lobby though lol...which is a bad sign D:

and now this explains why so few people reported this...it's a very specific bug...seems to affect keyboard/mouse only, and window or virtual fullscreen modes only.

Drifting Fable
Dec 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately alt + tabbing doesn't seem to work period in fullscreen, that's almost always a sure fire crash at least in my case.

So you might want to keep a laptop around or something if you need something up like bumped.

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately alt + tabbing doesn't seem to work period in fullscreen, that's almost always a sure fire crash at least in my case.

So you might want to keep a laptop around or something if you need something up like bumped.

Yep, it crashes me a lot when alt tabbing on fullscreen...I noticed this.

However, I don't have a spare laptop or computer to do that...and I'm constantly alt tabbing not only for browser but to answer people on msn aswell, so...fml.

yeah, not sure what to do besides hoping Sega fixes this. At least we nailed what the problem is exactly and what specifications cause the problem...if someone could somehow report this to Sega, I'm sure they'd manage a way to fix this...

mykristian
Dec 8, 2012, 03:17 PM

Use Virtual Fullscreen it's alot better. You don't get any screen tearing and you can alt+tab to your hearts content.

Drifting Fable
Dec 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
Use Virtual Fullscreen it's alot better. You don't get any screen tearing and you can alt+tab to your hearts content.

Unfortunately that's where Link's issue lies in utlizing VFS. :-(

If my japanese reaches a level where I can report this problem to Sega, I'll get it done at the speed of sound.

ZIE creations
Dec 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
Well, going into fullscreen mode fixed my problem, although I do get screen tearing more often (I think VFS forces some sort of V-sync like most background media) I only have my game stall on me when alt-tab'ing back into the game after being AFK for more then an Hour (only know because I kinda passed out >.<) but seems to run fine.

UnLucky
Dec 8, 2012, 03:56 PM
How bad is the mouse lag? It's always been a tiny bit behind, but hard to notice in game. Don't know why so many companies hate taking the direct hardware coordinates which is always accurate

Punisher106
Dec 8, 2012, 05:02 PM
It's been pretty choppy for me, too. And my framerate in-game is actually pretty high. So I do think there's a problem with the game. Keep in mind I use a wired mouse.

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 05:50 PM
How bad is the mouse lag? It's always been a tiny bit behind, but hard to notice in game. Don't know why so many companies hate taking the direct hardware coordinates which is always accurate

Well it's not only a mouse lag, it affects the keyboard aswell...and it's not THAT bad really...but the main issue is that, for some reason, this delay makes camera turning with the mouse very choppy and ugly...it's like everytime you turn your screen around the game's fps went to 10 and everytime you turn your screen around while moving the camera shakes like if it had the parkinson's |: .

the lag should be about a 0.2~0.3 seconds deal...it's playable, but the main issue is how it messes up the camera, which makes the game a lot less enjoyable (and no, changing the camera speed doesnt really help anything about this)

It's been pretty choppy for me, too. And my framerate in-game is actually pretty high. So I do think there's a problem with the game. Keep in mind I use a wired mouse.

I saw your post somewhere else too...I can't tell if your problem is the same of ours...first of all, do you play on window or virtual fullscreen mode? it seems this problem only happens on these modes...it shouldnt happen on fullscreen mode.

secondly...check if your mouse and keyboard have a delay on them...this is what this issue really is about, even if what we notice about it at first seems a choppiness in camera turning, the problem roots is really a delay on the mouse and keyboard

like I started on my first post, the best way to test if you have this, is to alt tab from the game (on windowed or virtual fullscreen mode...if you use fullscreen then I can't really tell why you'd have the same issue as us) and keep both windows and PSO2 cursors showing, then you can see if the PSO2 cursor is lagging behind the windows one or not.

and if you do have this issue and play on windowed or virtual fullscreen mode, then the solution for now would be to go on fullscreen mode.

Unfortunately that's where Link's issue lies in utlizing VFS. :-(

If my japanese reaches a level where I can report this problem to Sega, I'll get it done at the speed of sound.

What Sonic said =w=''...

and man, that'd be grand @[email protected] could write the report if you want and then you could translate...or you could just write it yourself, I'm sure you got what the bug is about by reading here...whichever you think it's better.

though I'm still unaware how to actually report things to Sega though...I'm guessing there's probably an option to do so on their site using our Sega IDs...but it's hard to tell where is it x_x'...Idk where to look for this info too...maybe bumped.org would have it.

does anyone know how to actually report a bug to Sega?

Edit:

On a side note, my Link is wearing the new winter costume (not the santa one) with the tails on the back...and on the character select screen the tails go wild like if there was some crazy wind behind them lol. Not much of a big deal, but does this happen to anyone? =w=

blackstar
Dec 8, 2012, 07:18 PM
Same mouse bug here. I know my video card is nowhere near up for the task, but my mouse was never this bad before the update.

noidkid
Dec 8, 2012, 07:25 PM
Can those who typically use Fullscreen mode test out Virtual Fullscreen or Windowed Mode, and tell us if they experience this delay bug as well? The delay/stuttering should be very noticeable, especially if you move the just mouse around like crazy.

This way we can nail down if it's strictly the VFS causing the problem, or if there's a separate, unknown factor contributing to it.

@Unlucky
The mouse lag we are describing is gnarly. It felt like my mouse was set at 300-400 dps when it was actually at 2000 dps. And when I compensated by jacking up my mouse's DPS to 4000 and increasing the horizontal sensitivity under PSO2's camera settings, I would get jerking/skipping/stuttering when I rotated the camera. Basically, it is very noticeable and not related to the slight mouselag that the PSO2 cursor typically has.

@Blackstar
Try Fullscreen Mode if you aren't already. That fixed it for me.

Syklo
Dec 8, 2012, 07:31 PM
I've been using VFS all the time, pre-patch and post-patch.

Haven't noticed the problems you guys are experiencing (delayed keyboard/mouse input).
If you are using fullscreen mode because of this "bug" though, can I ask if alt-tabbing causes PSO2 to crash?
Back when I first played and tried fullscreen, alt-tabbing wasn't an issue.

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 07:43 PM
I've been using VFS all the time, pre-patch and post-patch.

Haven't noticed the problems you guys are experiencing (delayed keyboard/mouse input).
If you are using fullscreen mode because of this "bug" though, can I ask if alt-tabbing causes PSO2 to crash?
Back when I first played and tried fullscreen, alt-tabbing wasn't an issue.

Yes, fullscreen mode will eventually bug my PSO2 visually or just straight crash it. It doesn't do instantly if I alt tab...it's more like...there's a chance it'll crash whenever I alt tab, and the more I alt tab the more chances it'll do visual bugs too.

so I can still alt tab, but that'll probably just make the game crash eventually...the only way to play safely and without any bug for me right now is to fo fullscreen and dont alt tab at all...which is pretty lame seeing I always have my msn and browser on.

blackstar
Dec 8, 2012, 07:53 PM
I tried Fullscreen this morning with the same results. I normally run in Windowed Mode. Before the patch, the mouse was almost "too" sensitive. Now I find myself picking up the Mouse, and setting it back down to compensate for the amount of room it takes to pan the camera. The only time I had Mouse problems before was durring heavy fighting in MPA's, or in full Blocks. The later would be understandable, as my video card is an integrated GeForce 6150 SE.

noidkid
Dec 8, 2012, 08:12 PM
Ok so it seems like the problem is not strictly a VFS issue, even though going to fullscreen has fixed the problem for some of us.

One thing I'd like to believe we have nailed down is that it's a graphic issue, but nothing is for certain yet. Now, if the issue of alt-tabbing from fullscreen is related to the Dec.5 update, it would reinforce that this is a graphic issue.

@Syklo

Although I have crashed once or twice from alt-tabbing, it's not that bad when you consider that it was out of several hundred alt-tabs. However, the game does feel a bit unstable in fullscreen mode, but this is my first time using fullscreen ever, so I can't compare it to how it was before.

BTW: Anybody notice a difference in graphic quality between fullscreen and VFS? I can't really describe it, but for example I am noticing a motion blur effect I never really noticed in VFS, and the textures feel higher res. My resolution and settings between the two is exactly the same. But just wondering if this is just on my side.

LinkKD
Dec 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ok so it seems like the problem is not strictly a VFS issue, even though going to fullscreen has fixed the problem for some of us.

One thing I'd like to believe we have nailed down is that it's a graphic issue, but nothing is for certain yet. Now, if the issue of alt-tabbing from fullscreen is related to the Dec.5 update, it would reinforce that this is a graphic issue.

@Syklo

Although I have crashed once or twice from alt-tabbing, it's not that bad when you consider that it was out of several hundred alt-tabs. However, the game does feel a bit unstable in fullscreen mode, but this is my first time using fullscreen ever, so I can't compare it to how it was before.

BTW: Anybody notice a difference in graphic quality between fullscreen and VFS? I can't really describe it, but for example I am noticing a motion blur effect I never really noticed in VFS, and the textures feel higher res. My resolution and settings between the two is exactly the same. But just wondering if this is just on my side.

I think I didn't notice this difference really...hm...and no, the alt-tabbing issue was with me BEFORE the patch...it's a graphics issue, maybe related to my video card or something...Idk really.

however...the main glitch we're talking about isn't graphical is it? D: it's an actual latency on inputs, including the mouse...it just happens to be fixed by fullscreen for some of us.

Punisher106
Dec 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
I play on windowed since I have so much going on at once, and my computer can't handle a high resolution. It seems to only happen in the first block of the Tundra maps, to be honest.

TrainerRed02
Dec 9, 2012, 07:37 AM
the same happens to me

I stopped playing because it's frustrating.
It's impossible to play certain missions with the slow movement of the mouse

'm hoping SEGA fix this bug :/

LinkKD
Dec 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
the same happens to me

I stopped playing because it's frustrating.
It's impossible to play certain missions with the slow movement of the mouse

'm hoping SEGA fix this bug :/

Our bug wasn't really a slow mouse movement though...but rather a choppy one.

Either way, have you tried playing on fullscreen mode? it fixed it for us (even though it limits us to not alt-tabbing) you could also try to put the camera speed up on PSO2 options if it's just the mouse speed that bothers you...

though yeah, I sure do hope Sega fixes this <_>...I would still like to know how to report this to Sega directly.

and @noidkid

after playing some more in fullscreen today...

maybe the graphics do look a bit better in fullscreen here...I'm not entirely sure, but I think they do yeah.

TrainerRed02
Dec 9, 2012, 10:54 AM
Our bug wasn't really a slow mouse movement though...but rather a choppy one.

Either way, have you tried playing on fullscreen mode? it fixed it for us (even though it limits us to not alt-tabbing) you could also try to put the camera speed up on PSO2 options if it's just the mouse speed that bothers you...

though yeah, I sure do hope Sega fixes this <_>...I would still like to know how to report this to Sega directly.

and @noidkid

after playing some more in fullscreen today...

maybe the graphics do look a bit better in fullscreen here...I'm not entirely sure, but I think they do yeah.

The lobby with this lag
some missions like mine and forest are very slow moving mouse

This bug was caused by the last patch of SEGA
I thought it was my computer problems
but not

I've tried playing with full screen
but the error continues

put vitual full screen
the error continues

someone noticed that the voices of the NPCs are exchanged? -_-''

Hey Lin , adc me? ^^

- Sieghart -

Ship 2 xD
See ya!

LinkKD
Dec 9, 2012, 03:02 PM
The lobby with this lag
some missions like mine and forest are very slow moving mouse

This bug was caused by the last patch of SEGA
I thought it was my computer problems
but not

I've tried playing with full screen
but the error continues

put vitual full screen
the error continues

someone noticed that the voices of the NPCs are exchanged? -_-''

Hey Lin , adc me? ^^

- Sieghart -

Ship 2 xD
See ya!

The voices didn't change, they just added voices to all NPCs that didn't have a voice before.

and how odd...some people are experiencing a similar bug but only on SOME missions?...this sounds pretty different than the bug me and noidkid have...since ours wouldnt be related to graphics really, and it would be happening all the time.

and sure =o I remember seeing you in-game a few times.

Drifting Fable
Dec 9, 2012, 03:52 PM
The voices didn't change, they just added voices to all NPCs that didn't have a voice before.

and how odd...some people are experiencing a similar bug but only on SOME missions?...this sounds pretty different than the bug me and noidkid have...since ours wouldnt be related to graphics really, and it would be happening all the time.

and sure =o I remember seeing you in-game a few times.

Well there are a few roaming NPCs who remain voiceless for the time being, but yeah most of the CO givers have a voice now. I have a lot of WTF momments when I discover certain characters are no longer mute. Like Hans.....oh god Hans....

And for future reference, I've located the support bug report area for bookmarking purposes. Now we just need a translator to record the message. ^^;

https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=trouble

Shirokami
Dec 9, 2012, 10:51 PM
I have the same issue here, kinda got used.... but still sucks.

EvilMag
Dec 9, 2012, 10:52 PM
Only thing that seems to be delayed for me is the level up jingle. It will say someone grew a level then like 10 seconds later the jingle will play.

LinkKD
Dec 11, 2012, 02:29 AM
Well there are a few roaming NPCs who remain voiceless for the time being, but yeah most of the CO givers have a voice now. I have a lot of WTF momments when I discover certain characters are no longer mute. Like Hans.....oh god Hans....

And for future reference, I've located the support bug report area for bookmarking purposes. Now we just need a translator to record the message. ^^;

https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=trouble

Oh, that's great! Thanks for finding it Sonic c:

though yeah...we still need someone good in japanese to be able to report this bug orz

anyone willing to help?

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 02:42 AM
Spellbind's pretty proficient at japanese, I think.

I'm still learning :<

Kirine
Dec 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
Spellbind's pretty proficient at japanese, I think.

I'm still learning :<

If you were to write such a thing, what would you file in the bug report?

LinkKD
Dec 11, 2012, 06:06 PM
If you were to write such a thing, what would you file in the bug report?

"The bug consists of a small input delay (about 0.3 second) on the mouse and keyboard. The delay is present on any keys of the keyboard, any buttons of the mouse and also on the mouse movement.

The main issue with this bug is that it causes the camera to turn in a choppy/shaky manner, whenever moving the camera with the mouse, likely due to the delay in the mouse movement. The keyboard delay affect all actions done with the keyboard and can be most noticed when typing on chat, where the letters only show slightly after you actually type them.

This bug doesn't seem to affect everyone, but it surely affected a number of players, we did not manage to find a relation between the players who experience the bug.

Furthermore, at first glance this bug seems to affect only window and virtual fullscreen mode, not fullscreen mode (meaning that going into fullscreen mode fixes the problem). The issue with having to go into fullscreen mode is that it causes visual glitches and crashes to many players when they alt+tab out and back into the game.

This Fullscreen crash and visual issues are another separate problem however."

Something like this maybe? D: ...I'm not entirely sure, I wrote this quickly now...if anyone has something to add or change that'd be ok too.

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
"The bug consists of a small input delay (about 0.3 second) on the mouse and keyboard. The delay is present on any keys of the keyboard, any buttons of the mouse and also on the mouse movement.

The main issue with this bug is that it causes the camera to turn in a choppy/shaky manner, whenever moving the camera with the mouse, likely due to the delay in the mouse movement. The keyboard delay affect all actions done with the keyboard and can be most noticed when typing on chat, where the letters only show slightly after you actually type them.

This bug doesn't seem to affect everyone, but it surely affected a number of players, we did not manage to find a relation between the players who experience the bug.

Furthermore, at first glance this bug seems to affect only window and virtual fullscreen mode, not fullscreen mode (meaning that going into fullscreen mode fixes the problem). The issue with having to go into fullscreen mode is that it causes visual glitches and crashes to many players when they alt+tab out and back into the game.

This Fullscreen crash and visual issues are another separate problem however."

Something like this maybe? D: ...I'm not entirely sure, I wrote this quickly now...if anyone has something to add or change that'd be ok too.

well........this is worth a shot (I had to use google translate for a couple words, and this is merely basic. Plus idk what "Bug" is in japanese in technology context, so it's been "katakana-nized")

[SPOILER-BOX]このバグはマウスとキーボードの入力の0.3sぐらい遅れです。 すべてマウスとキーボードの入力にありま す。

主な問題はそのバグがあると、カメラの動きは遅くてたまりません。 一番簡単に見られるキーボードの遅れは チャット入力 です。

そのバグはいくつか人々を影響を及ぼすだけです。

それから、フルスクリーンモードにそのバグがないです。しかし、フルスクリーンモードを使うと、他のビジュ アルの問題があうでしょう。[/SPOILER-BOX]

I hope that makes sense....

LinkKD
Dec 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
As expected, the bug wasn't fixed on this update...so I guess I should probably send in a report and hope Sega will give a fuck.

well........this is worth a shot (I had to use google translate for a couple words, and this is merely basic. Plus idk what "Bug" is in japanese in technology context, so it's been "katakana-nized")

[SPOILER-BOX]このバグはマウスとキーボードの入力の0.3sぐらい遅れです。 すべてマウスとキーボードの入力にありま す。

主な問題はそのバグがあると、カメラの動きは遅くてたまりません。 一番簡単に見られるキーボードの遅れは チャット入力 です。

そのバグはいくつか人々を影響を及ぼすだけです。

それから、フルスクリーンモードにそのバグがないです。しかし、フルスクリーンモードを使うと、他のビジュ アルの問題があうでしょう。[/SPOILER-BOX]

I hope that makes sense....

Oh nice...thanks Syklo. Idk japanese really to know if it makes sense or not, but I'll believe in your skills.

I'm a bit busy today...so I'll try to report it tomorrow or so...if anyone feels like sending this before that, be my guest.

Just post here you did so I don't re-send the same thing lol.

I just hope they fix this...or at least the fullscreen mode stops crashing upon alt-tabbing. I'll end up quitting this game if this goes on ;/

LinkKD
Dec 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Ok, I've been busy lately and only got to go report the bug today.

I realized though...I need to put in a lot of info in the report page, besides the bug description. That was fine, I was trying to find my way through on what I'd need to insert with google translator.

But there are a few fields with opening tabs with options...and I can't ctrl+c those <_>. Plus, I believe I probably have to enter some of the fields in katakana aswell...

so even having the text in katakana, I think I still can't be able to report the bug properly ._. .

erhm, well...could someone give me a hand with this?

LinkKD
Dec 20, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah, bug wasn't fixed with the 12 hours update.

can someone seriously help me to report this or something? ;/