PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Why can't I equip this rare?

domokun1134
Dec 8, 2012, 12:32 PM
I picked up my first rare weapon, had it appraised, and it turns out to be a リドルモール+3. I've got that red X on it meaning I can't equip it, but I don't understand why. The item shows the required striking power (必要な打撃) as 172, then it shows in parenthesis next to the requirement (現在の値 200), which I'm reading as "current level 200". In my player stats I've got 打撃力 at 324. So it should meet the requirements. Currently I'm a hunter level 12. Anyone have any idea?

ashley50
Dec 8, 2012, 12:35 PM
Not class compatible, X means no.

Invertex
Dec 8, 2012, 12:35 PM
The weapon is a knuckle (Riddle Mole). Hunters can only equip Swords, Wired Lances, Partizans, and Gunslashes. The weapon is for the Fighter class which you can unlock one you reach Lv. 30 in Hunter.

Anyways, as further explanation. Your SAtk is at 324 with a weapon, however the stat they check to see if you can equip something is your base SAtk, which is affected by your Mag, skills in your Skill Tree, and level. So your base SAtk is 200, you need 172 for the weapon, and your current SAtk with all your equipment is 324.

domokun1134
Dec 8, 2012, 01:54 PM
Ahh thanks Invertex. So basically hold onto it until I reach LV.30 and can unlock Fighter class. I was planning on subclassing Force when I reached LV.20. Can you do both Force and Figher subclasses? I'm not sure how it works.

The Walrus
Dec 8, 2012, 02:08 PM
You can only sub one class at a time

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 8, 2012, 05:35 PM
Say you have Fighter lv 1, Hunter lv 30, Force lv 15:

FI/HU or FI/FO: Both Level 1 (Hunter/Force sub will "uncap" as your Fighter levels up)
HU/FO: Hunter 30, Force 15
FO/FI: Force 15, Fighter 1

You can change which is your main and sub any time from the class counter. Only the main gains experience. Regardless of sub's "level", you gain the benefits of all learned skills. Just the 20% extra stats from sub scale, if I recall correctly.

CyanicKat
Aug 22, 2013, 07:11 PM
I have a Gunslasher weapon that is rare, but it won't let me equip it and I'm a hunter. I thought any class could use it. O.o I have one gunslasher rare that I can use but for some reason I can't use my other one. I had it identified and everything...

ashley50
Aug 22, 2013, 07:17 PM
Not enough stats.

Kurome
Apr 25, 2015, 06:10 PM
I know that this topic is quite old but I have exactly the same issue. I was unable to use a rifle (special weapon) even though I was a ranger, it has a question mark on the icon, stats marked as '?' being unable to see. Do I need a higher lv or something to unlock these items?

ashley50
Apr 25, 2015, 06:15 PM
I know that this topic is quite old but I have exactly the same issue. I was unable to use a rifle (special weapon) even though I was a ranger, it has a question mark on the icon, stats marked as '?' being unable to see. Do I need a higher lv or something to unlock these items?
it needs to be Tekked first in order to be identified which Rifle it is.

Kurome
Apr 30, 2015, 05:18 PM
what tekked means? Sorry I'm new to it, and I have a lot rare items stored (just in case), does that mean I can actually make it possible to use?

Anduril
Apr 30, 2015, 05:23 PM
what tekked means? Sorry I'm new to it, and I have a lot rare items stored (just in case), does that mean I can actually make it possible to use?
In the shop area, there are 2 attendants in purple. The one on the right can, for a mesta fee, identify the item.

Kurome
Apr 30, 2015, 06:19 PM
In the shop area, there are 2 attendants in purple. The one on the right can, for a mesta fee, identify the item.

thanks a lot !

Squall179
Apr 30, 2015, 11:45 PM
Say you have Fighter lv 1, Hunter lv 30, Force lv 15:

FI/HU or FI/FO: Both Level 1 (Hunter/Force sub will "uncap" as your Fighter levels up)
HU/FO: Hunter 30, Force 15
FO/FI: Force 15, Fighter 1

You can change which is your main and sub any time from the class counter. Only the main gains experience. Regardless of sub's "level", you gain the benefits of all learned skills. Just the 20% extra stats from sub scale, if I recall correctly.

Actually subclasses gain Experience as well, they just gain a much smaller portion. I think it was somewhere around 10 to 15%

LtZerge
May 1, 2015, 11:31 AM
Actually subclasses gain Experience as well, they just gain a much smaller portion. I think it was somewhere around 10 to 15%

Yep. Press ESC to see your exp-to-next-level for both main and sub class. Note both change as you play quests and turn in COs. Since you can change class at a any time you can do quests as your main then switch to sub to claim CO exp. This is nice if you want to keep them closer in sync, although lots of features are gated by your level so save doing that for when you're higher up(lv60+ ?). Or you can just try to max your main then switch over.

Keep an eye out for multi-class weapons. For example, as a RA/HU, flowpetal also works with hunters so I can change to sub HU but still use my gun and it's skills.

On the second tab of the equipment info pop-up it will show what classes can use it as represented by symbols

Squall179
May 2, 2015, 03:39 AM
Yep. Press ESC to see your exp-to-next-level for both main and sub class. Note both change as you play quests and turn in COs. Since you can change class at a any time you can do quests as your main then switch to sub to claim CO exp. This is nice if you want to keep them closer in sync, although lots of features are gated by your level so save doing that for when you're higher up(lv60+ ?). Or you can just try to max your main then switch over.

Keep an eye out for multi-class weapons. For example, as a RA/HU, flowpetal also works with hunters so I can change to sub HU but still use my gun and it's skills.

On the second tab of the equipment info pop-up it will show what classes can use it as represented by symbols

Indeed!

The symbols will tell you which classes do what.
There is a guide to them here. http://pso.wikia.com/wiki/Class_%28Phantasy_Star_Online_2%29