PDA

View Full Version : Fancy looking Shifta/Deband?

fire99966
Dec 9, 2012, 08:00 PM
I just unlocked my techer class and I wanted to get the advanced looking shifta/deband.

Ive already allocated 1 point into shifta advance and deband advance, how come the buffs look the same? Do I gotta max these passives? Or perhaps allocate a point each in Shifta Critical and Deband Cut?

Im not sure what I have to do xD Some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 08:01 PM
Or perhaps allocate a point each in Shifta Critical and Deband Cut?

Bingo.

plasism
Dec 9, 2012, 08:20 PM
Wait what? Putting a point into shift critical and deband cut changes the way the skill looks? I didn't know that O.O

fire99966
Dec 9, 2012, 08:35 PM
Bingo.

Awesome! Thanks very much!

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2012, 09:15 PM
Wait what? Putting a point into shift critical and deband cut changes the way the skill looks? I didn't know that O.O

That's because nobody uses shifta and deband.

naring
Dec 9, 2012, 09:23 PM
i was looking for crucial information on this subject. The information was important as I am about to launch my own portal.

The Walrus
Dec 9, 2012, 09:31 PM
What?

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 10:13 PM
What?

Maybe a non-english speaker.

Shadowth117
Dec 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
That's because nobody uses shifta and deband.

Deband maybe not, but shifta? Quick casting shifta, especially combined with PP restoration abilities, is amazing for JAing. And for someone that can stay stationary in its field of effect, for a larger cast, its a minute of boosted damage. I certainly find it useful in TA's all the time lol.

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 10:32 PM
Deband maybe not, but shifta? Quick casting shifta, especially combined with PP restoration abilities, is amazing for JAing. And for someone that can stay stationary in its field of effect, for a larger cast, its a minute of boosted damage. I certainly find it useful in TA's all the time lol.

This. Shifta takes about the equivalent of one normal attack to charge with the skill points into it. Gives about 150ish t-atk at lv10. I am hungry for a lv14 shifta. :X

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2012, 10:46 PM
Eh? When did Shifta become useful? I must be more out of touch than I thought.

UnLucky
Dec 9, 2012, 10:49 PM
This. Shifta takes about the equivalent of one normal attack to charge with the skill points into it. Gives about 150ish t-atk at lv10. I am hungry for a lv14 shifta. :X
You really need that ~3 extra t-atk? Or did you really get Shifta Advance?

Also is Deband still largely useless with Deband Cut?

Temprus
Dec 9, 2012, 11:17 PM

From what IJ on our team/chat praises on about, apparently Deband Cut is THE choice for not getting One-hit KO'd when you should be. So it sounds damn useful. ^.^

Eman2417
Dec 9, 2012, 11:22 PM
Shifta would just be more useful if it lasted longer. 1 min for 4 pulses is kind of useless.
But I still use it so i'm not complaining.

Shadowth117
Dec 9, 2012, 11:29 PM
I dunno, this difference in Foie's seemed useful to me:

http://i.imgur.com/AAc0M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NAjAp.jpg

I mean the damage difference is akin to upgrading to the new best weapon after a big update. Seems good to me for something I only need to use again every minute.

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 11:34 PM

If you don't have *10 units in VH you'll be dying in maybe one or two boss hits.
I don't know. If you feel you need it just grab it, if you feel you don't then don't.

MetalDude
Dec 10, 2012, 12:37 AM
Shifta's absolutely worth it, especially given with the above example. I'd only use Deband if you were near a boss/midboss and had Deband Cut maxed.

Temprus
Dec 10, 2012, 12:45 AM
That reminds me. I've been wondering since I want to take cut and critical. Do those skills only apply to the caster of the tech or does it apply to all touched by your deband and shifta?

MetalDude
Dec 10, 2012, 12:54 AM
Applies to all, but Critical is a massive waste of points.

Amaranthus
Dec 10, 2012, 12:54 AM
Heh. Shifta Adv. and Deband Cut is crazy. So far I know 2 Tank support enthusiasts on our ship. Definitely a class to have on more boss battles to come.

eharima
Dec 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
STILL no animation on players to show they have shifta deband .
Come on Sega ffs every PS game had red blue circle animation to show that people had it >_>…

Temprus
Dec 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
Agreed. On Karyna I always have it so I can see everyone's HP bar who isn't even on my team (though trying to heal them when they're running away from me is a challenge), but it'd be nice if you could see if they had a buff symbol or two on that bar too.

Status effects are obvious to notice, so they're okay as they are though.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Taking the above example, Shifta provided a 10% boost (9.2, but who's counting?). In order to be shifta'd, you need a two second charge, and stay in the circle for four seconds (may need correcting on those numbers), and needs to be recharged every minute. In the end, a 10% decrease in productivity.

10% boost in each hit, for 10% downtime from fighting. No, still not worth it.

MetalDude
Dec 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
2 second charge? Who in their mind would not invest in Flame Tech S Charge? In addition, somebody else mentioned that it's a great alternative to starting up your Tech JAs.

UnLucky
Dec 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
It charges in a second, first tick is instant, and you can move by the second (you can actually move out of the second tick if it's uncharged), free to do whatever you want.

I spose worst case scenario you break even, but if you cast it before a code or boss spawns, before weak bullet is applied, you photon burst, you pop a high CD buff, or you catch at least one other person, then it's worth it.

Shadowth117
Dec 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Taking the above example, Shifta provided a 10% boost (9.2, but who's counting?). In order to be shifta'd, you need a two second charge, and stay in the circle for four seconds (may need correcting on those numbers), and needs to be recharged every minute. In the end, a 10% decrease in productivity.

10% boost in each hit, for 10% downtime from fighting. No, still not worth it.

Like I said, I wasn't arguing it for the other classes :P On a boss teleporter this doesn't matter clearly as everyone will stay long enough for it just because of how the game works. But most of the time its easy for say, a FO to stand in the middle of the circle and continue to attack. Oh and its definitely less than a 2 second charge.

I also believe I mentioned the idea of using it to JA with the initial attack. If one has the PP for it, this certainly has quite a bit of use since it doesn't really cost much were you intending to JA anyway with a melee.

Not to mention, there are many enemies that are just barely able to be one hit by me on the Naberius TA once one applies shifta along with shifta drink ex (the most worthwhile drink imo). And obviously, not having to double cast because your enemy is at 200/6000 instead of dead saves quite a bit of time if you're dealing with a lot of enemies.

Edit:

STILL no animation on players to show they have shifta deband .
Come on Sega ffs every PS game had red blue circle animation to show that people had it >_>…
I can understand that. But to be fair, those circles and noises were distracting/outright annoying to me >_>. I would imagine the reason why they removed them relates to that honestly.

Edit2: Oh and I just realized I forgot to mention this, but that's also unaltered Shifta. I've no idea how much the shifta upgrades will affect it since the change to them (although they were pretty shit prior to that I remember).

Syklo
Dec 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
I reckon you're confusing Regular shifta with Shifta affected by territory burst (Which adds that little "Vortex swirl" in the center to add that extra range)

and I thought the status boost was 18%?

UnLucky
Dec 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
18% lv1
18.9% lv10
19.3% lv14
24.125% lv14 + Shifta Advance lv10

of base stats (no gear)

Shadowth117
Dec 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
I reckon you're confusing Regular shifta with Shifta affected by territory burst (Which adds that little "Vortex swirl" in the center to add that extra range)

Shifta Critical actually adds a sort of pulsing effect, I can assure you. I'm not sure if that's the same effect you're thinking of or not though.