PDA

View Full Version : Your Element Choice

Keyblade59
Dec 9, 2012, 08:25 PM
What is your preferred elements to use on your FO or TE or both and why?

What element do you prefer on your weapon and why?

Besides for enemy weaknesses, I'm curious about what people typically use when they're not aiming for their weakness, and purely for power.

Z-0
Dec 9, 2012, 08:29 PM
Fire is always the best for straight power, considering casting speed, foie graze, safoie power, rafoie range, etc. etc. However, it's a good idea to go for weakness in MPAs, as you'd do more damage over a PP bar rather than time, thus meaning you'll last longer in bursts and whatnot.

Courina
Dec 9, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thunder for me , im a cast , so naturaly i like electricity *smacked*

well joke aside
as Tech from Force and Techer , thunder are most eficient (PP cut anyone?) and some tech are fun to use (Chain Lightning almost auto-aim, Zondell are fun pulling your victim)

as weapon, im prefer lightning for bust robots from lilipa (mines and desert are my fav place) , not mention most new darker weak to it too

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 09:15 PM
The best elements to have on your weapon are currently Fire, Lightning and Light.

For techs, ehh.
I just use whatever the mobs are weak to.

Darki
Dec 9, 2012, 09:18 PM
^

I like using all techs, so I tend to exploit their weaknesses just to use them all when needed. If I had to pick a default element to use I suppose I'd go with Fire and Lightning as I got my skilltree split between those two.

Shirokami
Dec 9, 2012, 10:49 PM
Zan globally rapes.

supersonix9
Dec 9, 2012, 10:59 PM
Zan globally rapes.

We have a winner.

Xaelouse
Dec 9, 2012, 11:02 PM
Is it me or did Ragrants get weaker?

Coatl
Dec 9, 2012, 11:06 PM
I hope not. They were already sub-par to begin with.

Temprus
Dec 9, 2012, 11:15 PM
I consider my playstyle as Karyna as, "When all else fails, Zan-it" Zan is my go to spell at all times. So wind would be my element (though i'm partial to all techs but the barta series since I will be going for the elemental hit skill in Techer).

When it comes to weapons, i tend to put light on them. Not that I've actually found any weapons worth mentioning (or rather, that I'd use on that character). I've bought all of my currently used weapon rares after all. ^.^;

Eman2417
Dec 9, 2012, 11:25 PM
Fire/lightning/light
Foie, Safoie, and Rafoie are just too good.
And then I usually use the element that the enemy is weak too ( except wind ).

Inchoroi
Dec 9, 2012, 11:50 PM
Rafoie for everything that isn't Vol Dragon!

Shadowth117
Dec 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
While there are techs that I would say to NEVER use (Sup Megiverse, Razonde, Sazonde and Deband!), a lot of them have a place and time where they're very useful.

Fire techs seem to be the most generally useful although other techs tend to have their place, even if its not often.

Alenoir
Dec 10, 2012, 12:10 AM
On a weapon, either thunder or light for me.

FO or TE-wise... Fire for everyday usage, Zan for whenever there's a big opening.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Dec 10, 2012, 02:45 AM
I like using Fire and Dark techs on Mazarin. But when I actually used BROcast, I usually used Fire and Lightning.

Nerineri
Dec 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
Zan is great for open space. It isn't too great on tight and closed space though.

KatsujinkenKik
Dec 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
there is nothing more satisfying than using zondeel to pull all the mobs in one nice tight spot without electrifying it, then using a charged zan to end all their lives at once. My PC stutters every time because of the awesome power.

Wind.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2012, 03:17 PM
I don't usually pay much attention to weapon elements but I prefer light on wands because of the sparklies.

As for techs. Is that a trick question? >: I use all of them except Gi-megid. I don't really have a favorite element though since I lean more towards crowd control techs, but if I had to pick one it would be light or wind.

While there are techs that I would say to NEVER use (Sup Megiverse, Razonde, Sazonde and Deband!), a lot of them have a place and time where they're very useful.... What's wrong with Sazonde? D:

gigawuts
Dec 10, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lightning/Light mainly, with flame charge to 10 because that is super useful.

Zyrusticae
Dec 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
I am all about darkness.

DARKNESS ALL THE TIME.

Even against darkers.

It's just that lovely.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
Wind element on my weapons and I prefer the wind type techs.

[Ayumi]
Dec 10, 2012, 04:22 PM
Lightning, Dark, and Wind. I hate everything else and can't think of a tech from any of the others I like.

Fire: Eh...
Ice: Eh...
Light: Bleh... unless you count Resta and Reverse? I wouldn't though.

Shadowth117
Dec 10, 2012, 04:30 PM
... What's wrong with Sazonde? D:

Thinking back, I do see uses for it, but generally I find it to be a pretty worthless tech. The whole "ignition" thing kills that one in particular for me. At least for Zondeel that's not its primary purpose, but Sazonde, unless you're up against something pretty specific (Vader core or Tranny I'd guess?) I really don't think its that good. Even then, with its speed, I'd question its damage output.

gigawuts
Dec 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sa zonde has some limited applications, so I get more use out of another tech I put in that slot.

Syklo
Dec 10, 2012, 05:49 PM
Zondeel followed by a charged Sazonde can be pretty deadly
Since Sazonde while triggered can actually damage enemies nearby as well.

I have no particular element of choice, just like I have no particular weapon of choice universally. I just use what's effective.

yoshiblue
Dec 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Ice, need more wind.

Macman
Dec 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
... What's wrong with Sazonde? D:
The way I see it, Zondeel obsoletes Sazonde in every imaginable way. The only thing I can think of is stacking the two together, but you could just as well chain Zondeels one after the other anyway.

Laxedrane
Dec 10, 2012, 06:32 PM
On force I went down the ice path before doing research into the trees since ice is my favorite element. In hindsight I probably just get Ice mastery and go down and get tech charge advance and pp reversal. However I would still primarily use ice on my main's force.

Due to my goals with techer I be grudgingly had to go down the dark path to reach my ideals. I ended up falling in love with the dark line and used it almost exclusively until we got out extra 15 points and I through 10 into light mastery. So Now I alternate as the situation demands. Usually using Dark for bosses and stronger common enemies and Light for taking down groups.

Tenlade
Dec 10, 2012, 10:03 PM
i actually bought skill trees on my force and tried mastery of every element, and switch around whenever I feel like it.

Ice: Pretty weak damage wise, useless against bosses (except vol) , and 4 player parties will break any frozen monsters free pretty instantly. photon flare advance is godly though, giving you 400 t atk, i can even reach 2000 total on my character using it

Fire: main one i use a lot, kills everything fast with how little charging you need. rafoie is absurdly broken and reduces everything into "lock on to weakpoint, spam rafoie to win". Powerful, but frankly boring

Lighting: zonde lvl 11+ is pretty powerful, shock is pretty handy. bolt saver means you can spam all day long. zondeel is amazing for cramped places.

Honestly I default to fire, use thunder for mines and floating island, and ice for caves. I wish ice was better though.

Great Pan
Dec 11, 2012, 12:06 AM
Wep: Fire&Light 'coz I usually dealing with darkers

FO/TE: Zan rulez!

Shadowth117
Dec 11, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ice: ... photon flare advance is godly though, giving you 400 t atk, i can even reach 2000 total on my character using it

Fire: main one i use a lot, kills everything fast with how little charging you need. rafoie is absurdly broken and reduces everything into "lock on to weakpoint, spam rafoie to win". Powerful, but frankly boring

I promise you, even with nearly 2600 TP with a fully done Photon Flare and partially done Fire tree, I don't find it very useful whatsoever compared to a pure fire tree for its raw percentages. Its an interesting idea, but its not worth it if I can do more damage without it on another class because of how modifiers work out.

As for Fire tree leading to only Rafoie, you could be lazy and do that I suppose. Or you could kill things efficiently by using more than just that attack. Rafoie is actually the weakest of all fire techniques in raw DPS if you're able to hit with any of the other ones. Its lack of targeting accuracy, as shown by Banther faces and various other enemies, shows itself to be a glaring issue as well.

Coatl
Dec 11, 2012, 02:32 AM
I don't know. The only other Fire Tech worth casting besides Rafoie seems to be Safoie.
God help whatever you are Safoieing if you can hit its weak spot. If not, Rafoie ends up being the better alternative.

Shadowth117
Dec 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
I don't know. The only other Fire Tech worth casting besides Rafoie seems to be Safoie.
God help whatever you are Safoieing if you can hit its weak spot. If not, Rafoie ends up being the better alternative.
Huh?

Gifoie has an amazing stagger since its not all at once. Foie has this interesting ability to hit things and keep going of it passes close enough to graze enemies, but not close enough to for them to touch its core. Hitting a line of enemies or even a roughly linear cluster with that is far more useful than Rafoieing them and only hitting a few at a time. Foie also does more damage than Rafoie.

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 04:56 AM
Rafoie for quick weakspot-lock on shots (e.g. krahda/dagan bellies)
Foie for cheap, linear clearing
Safoie, i don't even have yet.
Gifoie I just use to attempt to burn (mid)bosses or otherwise "firabarta"