PDA

View Full Version : Did they buff...

Zyrusticae
Dec 10, 2012, 09:31 PM
...the hell out of gimegid?

I remember it hitting only 3 times, being slower, and also having a smaller hit radius. Now it hits twice as often and seems to land all the time against anything slower than a dagan.

Rien
Dec 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
It's not buffed till it hits anything as fast or faster than a dagan.

Bellion
Dec 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, they did. It is quite the Vol Dragon killer once you stun it after breaking the tail crystal.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 10, 2012, 10:19 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=700&page=1
It's a confirmed bug, it'll be 'fixed' soon.
Enjoy the OP Gimegid while you can.

gigawuts
Dec 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
I just used it today for the first time since I found my first gimegid disk, and i was thinking that oh boy it's finally worth the hassle. So it's a bug? Hahaha, figures. I mean, even with both light masteries to 10 it's hitting like grants but with, you know, way more damage, plus poison on top of that.

Also the translation of that update is great. Megiddo guy.

December 5, after routine maintenance (water), the power of the technique abnormally high failure "Megiddo Guy" has been confirmed,
we do aim to respond to fix.
I apologize to everyone that has been We apologize for the inconvenience.

Agitated_AT
Dec 10, 2012, 10:27 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=700&page=1
It's a confirmed bug, it'll be 'fixed' soon.
Enjoy the OP Gimegid while you can.
Wish they'd buff every single enemy that needs it in the game. Especially according to the difficulty modes, but no, buffs are actually bugs instead

Zyrusticae
Dec 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
Haha, aw, I was enjoying it. It made sense to me, y'know, what with it being slow as hell and everything, but I guess there's no way you can have a tech that does 7200 single target damage be balanced against everything else. :/

UnLucky
Dec 10, 2012, 10:46 PM
I immediately benched the tech after I saw how slow it was and missed everything

Oh well

edit: tried it out and it still misses any moving object. love the 1k+ per bolt though.

Shadowth117
Dec 11, 2012, 01:53 AM
Honestly, when I tried it I found it pretty amusing how it would one hit gilnachi. It's not especially useful on average enemies because of how twitchy they are, but on some it can be rather hilarious.

Drifting Fable
Dec 11, 2012, 02:19 AM
Bug is discovered.

Players are having fun with it.

Suddenly fixing said bug is a high priority for the dev team.

Rien
Dec 11, 2012, 04:13 AM
Bug is discovered.

Players are having fun with it.

Suddenly fixing said bug is a high priority for the dev team.

Myshop bug is discovered.

Players are making meseta with it.

Nothing happens.

gigawuts
Dec 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
I really hope this leads to making gimegid worth something.

Shadowth117
Dec 11, 2012, 04:26 AM
I really hope this leads to making gimegid worth something.

If its worse than before any of this I will laugh very hard.

Vent
Dec 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
Before, Gi-megid didn't even outdamage Sa-megid even though it had a 500+ damage parameter and Sa-megid only ~380. Now, it feels like as if Gi-megid has a 1500 damage parameter. It's totally ridiculous and worth a fix.

Now to see what happens when they 'fix' Sa-barta.

Dammy
Dec 11, 2012, 04:52 AM
well, it was hitting 3 times, then after update its bugged and does 5 hits, they did maintenance and its 7 hits now.
i hope it will be 9 next time

Inazuma
Dec 11, 2012, 07:40 AM
Aw it's a bug? I just realized how fucking strong it was today and I was having a total blast with it.

Zondeel + Gimegido = Death to everything

I guess it makes sense. It shouldn't be stronger than Ramegido.

Dammy
Dec 11, 2012, 08:03 AM
why not?
also, use it non charged ^^

Zyrusticae
Dec 11, 2012, 09:40 AM
You got that backwards. It SHOULD be stronger than Ramegid, because it's slower and mostly single-target. That AoE counts for a lot.

Ramegid is still much better against anything that moves.

Well, we'll see how it ends up once they "fix" it. I hope it's still fairly strong (5 hits instead of 7 is fine by me).

Temprus
Dec 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
Ramegid is still much better against anything that moves.

Only if they're human. That flash can kill. For enemies it's gotta be samegid or even just megid (at least when gimegid is 'fixed').

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
Before, Gi-megid didn't even outdamage Sa-megid even though it had a 500+ damage parameter and Sa-megid only ~380. Now, it feels like as if Gi-megid has a 1500 damage parameter. It's totally ridiculous and worth a fix.

Now to see what happens when they 'fix' Sa-barta.
Sabarta?
If you mean that bloody long charge time HELL YES

gigawuts
Dec 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
Maybe they'll fix wand casting times. Slowest casting weapon in the entire game, since rod and talis are a bit faster, and barehanded matches rod and talis. Funny. I know it's a bug, and it's only slightly slower, but the delay is enough that if you have perfect or near perfect JA timing for any other weapon you're hitting the button just a smidgen too soon for wands.

Very annoying to need to undo muscle memory every time you swap weapons.

The Walrus
Dec 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
Myshop bug is discovered.

Players are making meseta with it.

Nothing happens.

What is this MyShop bug you speak of

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe they'll fix wand casting times. Slowest casting weapon in the entire game, since rod and talis are a bit faster, and barehanded matches rod and talis. Funny. I know it's a bug, and it's only slightly slower, but the delay is enough that if you have perfect or near perfect JA timing for any other weapon you're hitting the button just a smidgen too soon for wands.

Very annoying to need to undo muscle memory every time you swap weapons.
Wait, casting time varies with WEAPONS?

I never noticed. Gosh....

MetalDude
Dec 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
It's really noticeable when spamming Rafoie. Wands do take a bit longer to return to neutral.

Zyrusticae
Dec 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
Ohmigawd, uncharged gimegid was HILARIOUS! EVERYONE was spamming it! Twice the damage of charged grants! SO BROKEN! SO FUNNY!

I'm hoping they just fix the uncharged gimegid and leave the charged version as-is. Probably wishful thinking on my part...

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think I'm confusing casting time with charging time.

If that's what you meant, then I guess I see what you mean.

UnLucky
Dec 11, 2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, wands have a brief period before the JA circle shows up after attacking/casting. They're already weaker than rods, so they really don't need slower casts. :/

Rien
Dec 12, 2012, 01:16 AM
Yeah, wands have a brief period before the JA circle shows up after attacking/casting. They're already weaker than wands, so they really don't need slower casts. :/

paradox o.o

Anyway, I don't have gimegid so can anyone tell me what it's like after the patch?

Kirine
Dec 12, 2012, 01:25 AM
Gimegaid casting as if fully charge by just tapping the spell key made me realize that if forces didn't need to charge at all and just click the button to instant spam spells at full strength is scary... very scary...

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
Wish there was any reason to use uncharged techs...

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 01:49 AM
Wish there was any reason to use uncharged techs...

An uncharged megid orb travels much faster than a charged one, but everything else is utterly useless. I wish they'd give some kind of purpose to them too. Making the big ones heavier hitting but requiring more precision would be nice, leaving uncharged more accurate and faster but less damaging.

Failing that, some kind of PP refunding ability when firing off an uncharged tech would be nice, so they're at least a tiny smidgen more PP efficient...

Kirine
Dec 12, 2012, 01:55 AM
An uncharged megid orb travels much faster than a charged one, but everything else is utterly useless. I wish they'd give some kind of purpose to them too. Making the big ones heavier hitting but requiring more precision would be nice, leaving uncharged more accurate and faster but less damaging.

Failing that, some kind of PP refunding ability when firing off an uncharged tech would be nice, so they're at least a tiny smidgen more PP efficient...

Making uncharge techs cost less pp than a fully charge tech will help it a bit. I do not see why I have to pay 30 pp to cast rafoie both uncharged and charged.

Another idea to balance it would be able to use it while moving instead of pausing a split moment to fire it. Another idea is faster attack speed (such as Sabarta being cast faster and hitting the enemy target without the long-winded animation). Another would be the concept of counter charge in the ability to use an uncharged tech when being hit by an enemy. It would make skills such as nazan, which pushes back the enemy, more appealing to use with its limited range and mobility.

Though I say this, it is best to only make uncharged technique to only be situational and a bit gimmicky at best. Why?

The point of charging as a FO or TE is the ability to show precision and increase of power with proper level of requirement. If uncharged has too much utility, then it will make the whole reason of charging techniques moot.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 01:57 AM

Yes, pp should GRADUALLY decrease as you charge it.

Then megiverse will prove superior to resta!

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
Ugh, I cannot count how many times I've tried to cast right at 19 PP, miss the JA, then shoot off an uncharged tech right before it's cooked :L

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
Making uncharge techs cost less pp than a fully charge tech will help it a bit. I do not see why I have to pay 30 pp to cast rafoie both uncharged and charged.

Another idea to balance it would be able to use it while moving instead of pausing a split moment to fire it. Another idea is faster attack speed (such as Sabarta being cast faster and hitting the enemy target without the long-winded animation). Another would be the concept of counter charge in the ability to use an uncharged tech when being hit by an enemy. It would make skills such as nazan, which pushes back the enemy, more appealing to use with its limited range and mobility.

Though I say this, it is best to only make uncharged technique to only be situational and a bit gimmicky at best. Why?

The point of charging as a FO or TE is the ability to show precision and increase of power with proper level of requirement. If uncharged has too much utility, then it will make the whole reason of charging techniques moot.

Make them good at what they do, but make what they do situational.

This would essentially double the number of techs you have at your disposal, but it also wouldn't. A lighter more accurate tech would not help glass cannon players that are all offense. If it does less damage it isn't as useful.

Some ideas I've had in the past were uncharged zonde and gizonde having some better tracking, letting it hit faster targets, but much less damage (as it has now) and shorter range (as it has now). Hell, maybe even longer range.

Techs like uncharged zondeel and razan are fine as it is due to the utility you gain with faster casting meaning a more immediate movement effect, but maybe make the effect last longer than charged for the duration ones like zondeel.

Others, like foie, I have no idea on. Giving them a higher chance to inflict status effect is all I've got, and that ability ranges from utterly useless to arguably overpowered :-?

This is one of the better ideas I've read, start at 50% (75%? whatever) and slowly charge the rest. The only argument I can imagine against that is the entire point of it being that you need X amount to even activate the tech. Which, I suppose, is a good point, as it promotes upgrading your gear.

Rien
Dec 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
I don't know, I've been HU/FO'ing as long as I can remember just to take advantage of being able to use uncharged razan to save me time on chasing certain flying targets, or the charged version for those attack buttons in Lillipa TA.

Darki
Dec 12, 2012, 02:24 AM
Personally, I think the only problem is the fact that they cost exactly the same PP as the uncharged version. If they simply costed something more proportional to the diffrence between the charged tech compared to the uncharged tech damages, even if they hype the amount a bit to make charged techs still better, that would open the door to more flexibility when using techs.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 02:25 AM
For alternative uses between uncharged and charged techs...
Foie: Normal = Homing, charged = as-is
Barta: Normal = Split in fixed directions for every enemy making contact, Charged = Small AoE burst on contact
Zonde: Normal = If missed, trickle along ground to trace target. Charged = Mini discharge on contact with the ground.
Zan is fine as is.
Megid is fine as is
Grants Uncharged should have some sort of stagger/stun effect, like a flashbang

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 02:36 AM
For alternative uses between uncharged and charged techs...
Foie: Normal = Homing, charged = as-is
Barta: Normal = Split in fixed directions for every enemy making contact, Charged = Small AoE burst on contact
Zonde: Normal = If missed, trickle along ground to trace target. Charged = Mini discharge on contact with the ground.
Zan is fine as is.
Megid is fine as is
Grants Uncharged should have some sort of stagger/stun effect, like a flashbang

But these would make fantastic standalone techs. It needs to be a lot simpler, like megid just goes faster to make up for charged megid going so slow. That covers up a weakness of the charged tech.

Zonde has issues with flying enemies and capped range for far away enemies unlike rafoie or grants - uncap its range, let it instantly hit enemies so they can't move out of range.

Gizonde has an issue with fast enemies too, so make it insta-hit as well.

Foie doesn't really have an issue, neither does rafoie...so either uncharged techs do nothing different, they get some arbitrary bonus better left to entirely new techs, or the charged techs are given an issue and nobody would like that (except maybe fire tree haters, but let's not do that sort of thing).

But this is all way off topic by now.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
Stick with gradual degen of pp.

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 02:48 AM
give uncharged rafoie extra particle effects, white screen flashes, and persisting smoke clouds

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 03:05 AM
Welp, taking Gimegid back off my bar.

mykristian
Dec 12, 2012, 03:11 AM
Gimegid is still bugged lol.

Rien
Dec 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
Gimegid is still bugged lol.

Is it still exactly the same or has anything changed?

mykristian
Dec 12, 2012, 03:23 AM
Is it still exactly the same or has anything changed?

Still exactly the same in all its OP glory lol. Can't wait to see a falz EQ with everyone spamming uncharged gimegids.

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 03:31 AM
Uh, it only hits three times for me. And only one plume uncharged.

Rien
Dec 12, 2012, 04:37 AM
"テクニック「ギ・メギド」について、チャージなしで発動した際の威力が異常に高い不具合の修正"

Only the uncharged version having abnormally high power was fixed. Was it the only part bugged beforehand?

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 04:39 AM
"テクニック「ギ・メギド」について、チャージなしで発動した際の威力が異常に高い不具合の修正"

Only the uncharged version having abnormally high power was fixed. Was it the only part bugged beforehand?

Oh my god...

They made Gimegid useful.

Rien
Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
Oh my god...

They made Gimegid useful.

Charged Gimegid is still this strong or...?

...I'm still confused right now, especially because I don't have any of the megid series techniques.

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 07:30 AM
Charged Gimegid only hits 3 times again. Uncharged only hits once.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah, scratch that. Gimegid is lol again.

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

YOU HAVE FAILED ME, SEGA!!! D:<