PDA

View Full Version : Player Base

Dustile
Dec 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
I was wondering since PSO2 is the latest of many PS games... Would anyone know who retains more American players over time? The Japanese servers or North American?

HFlowen
Dec 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
EDIT: I can't read. Probably the NA servers.

Link1275
Dec 11, 2012, 06:27 PM
I was wondering since PSO2 is the latest of many PS games... Would anyone know who retains more American players over time? The Japanese servers or North American?
The International Servers won't be up till next year, so it's a moot point that can't be proven or dis-proven yet.

blace
Dec 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
The International Servers won't be up till next year, so it's a moot point that can't be proven or dis-proven yet.

But the current population of english speaking players is pretty much limited to block 20 on ship 2 and smaller concentration around ships 8 and 10 and even small groups scattered among the rest.

Of course we won't see numbers yet, but it's only logical that the rest of the world will mostly be playing on the version with a language they can understand and probably a better connection than Sega of Japans servers.

UnLucky
Dec 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
Well the other PS games' NA/international servers always lag behind and get canned early so my vote goes to the JP servers.

Dustile
Dec 11, 2012, 08:06 PM

TY for trolling

TY blace & UnLucky for intelligable answers. =)

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 11, 2012, 10:18 PM
TY for trolling

actually its not trolling if you knew what has happened to every ps server that isn't Japanese

schnee4
Dec 11, 2012, 11:15 PM
International will retain more Americans...since the game will be in English.
What you're really asking is what will be the difference between International Community and JP.

International will
-have more casual,
-have more Lobby Dancers,
-retain more American players.
-less lag issue

I don't think PSO2 will be too successful in US because of FFXIV 2.0 and remembering what happened to PSU International...
From my PSU Int. experience, half the community only logs in for 1-2 weeks after every update. The problem with that is: Segamerica is really slow with updates. It was probably 1-2 Months between updates, and here in PSO2 JP, updates are like every 2- weeks.

JP servers will
-be more competitive; more hardcore and "active" players
-have at least twice the population of International
-retain more total players

Players that want content released in JP Schedule will stay JP.
Also many, Japanophiles, soloists, and elitists will stay in JP.

Don't worry about not being able to find English speakers in PSO2 JP.
Block 20 will always be there and many JP can understand English.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
I don't think PSO2 will be too successful in US because of FFXIV 2.0 and remembering what happened to PSU International...
From my PSU Int. experience, half the community only logs in for 1-2 weeks after every update. The problem with that is: Segamerica is really slow with updates. It was probably 1-2 Months between updates, and here in PSO2 JP, updates are like every 2- weeks.

I am worried about this AGAIN, also, I don't think the current pay model will be too popular...mmo like sub for basic features but not much else, 5 bucks for a lottery ticket that is probably worthless

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 12:03 AM
TY for trolling

he wasn't trolling, it's just basically a non-vote due to insufficient information

blace
Dec 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
After looking around, this has happened before on past consoles, where Sega of Japan gave Sega of America the task to create a new system only to scrap it all together. In the end if there is a lack of updates, it's probably Sega of Japan trying to show Sega of America its place.

In hindsight this also brought about the downfall, because the dispute had been going even before Sonics time. So if there is a lack of updates, it's probably SoJ trying to show their other branches whose the boss.

I am worried about this AGAIN, also, I don't think the current pay model will be too popular...mmo like sub for basic features but not much else, 5 bucks for a lottery ticket that is probably worthless
If the current model isn't popular, then the many other free to play games with the same or similar model, shouldn't be thriving as it does now.