PDA

View Full Version : To those that participated in Falz EQ phases 1 & 2

Pages : [1] 2

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 06:47 AM
How was it?

I kept getting hit on Hard mode.......feel kinda glad I didn't pick VH.

What'd you get that's worth mentioning?
ME? Nothing but those stones for pyroxene

Xaeris
Dec 12, 2012, 06:49 AM
I got some 6* (or 5*, don't remember) quest items from the big man himself. I have no idea what they are.

mommy_cornelia
Dec 12, 2012, 06:50 AM
Battles were nice, i Got only a Failnaught(9* Double Saber) and 3 iritista stones :P

Resanoca
Dec 12, 2012, 06:50 AM
I GOT A CUT SCENE. DAT GATHERING, MAN. Was awesome to watch. D:

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
It was awesome.
Very very awesome.
No words can describe how awesome it was.

I only got stones. But meh, that's all I wanted so I don't mind.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
Battles were nice, i Got only a Failnaught(9* Double Saber) and 3 iritista stones :P
"Only"?! Had no idea that weapon would drop, that's really awesome :O

DemonMike
Dec 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
Absolutely brilliant, my pantaloons were not designed to contain the amount of bricks I was shitting.

Got a C rank on Phase 2 though, thanks to that fucking laser that caught me just before he died. Loving the music transitions, but I feel the last piece for phase 2 comes in a little too early.

mommy_cornelia
Dec 12, 2012, 06:54 AM
"Only"?! Had no idea that weapon would drop, that's really awesome :O

Yes, ONRY, don't need that thing x3 (Im happy tho that i got something)

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
I just got a ラムダレグザガ and 5 rocks. :rolleyes:

I found phase 1 pretty boring, though, especially having to do the same two minute fight a million times. Maybe you get something if you break all the breakables, but you still need to complete enough runs or whatever.

Angry_Ryudo
Loved the ambient that music gave to it. It had parts of PSO's falz music.

GJ to devs! :D

Cyclon
Phase one was cool, phase two was pure absolute awesomeness. SO epic. Best boss in a online phantasy star ever? Quite possibly. But I didn't see every PSP 2 boss.

Got 5 quest items, so I guess that's cool? I didn't care anyway:3

dablacksephiroth
Dec 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
I still wonder if I didn't watch that 7-minute cutscene if I'd've gotten a chance at a 2nd run on the same character. Otherwise, next time I'll switch alts.

Temprus
Dec 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
As a level 26 techer/30 force, phase two batted me around like a chew toy. I'm honestly not sure of a good strategy atm for dealing with him. ^.^;

Cyclon
Dec 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
I still wonder if I didn't watch that 7-minute cutscene if I'd've gotten a chance at a 2nd run on the same character. Otherwise, next time I'll switch alts.

The shopping floor was still lit with red when I couldn't access the quest anymore, so I guess it really is only one battle per character.

terrell707
Phase 2 was pretty awesome. Had a lot of OH S*** moments and almost had a full MPA wipe XD But thank goodness that friendship and love and yada yada ya prevailed and we were able to kiss and hug and make all our happiness make Falz disappear.... jk WE KICKED HIS A$$ and loved every moment of it!!!

Though as a Force/Hunter, i got one hitted or stuck in his combos a lot. Also his attacks are kind of hard to read and a bit unpredictable. Though it was only the first time so maybe after a few battles it will change.

CelestialBlade
Yes, ONRY, don't need that thing x3 (Im happy tho that i got something)
I've been hunting that stupid thing for a month straight, makes me happy I have another option for it finally ;_;

eharima
Dec 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
i splurged my pants.

Xaelouse
Dec 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
It was great, but I didn't like how some parts of the song from the trailer were missing. They were the best.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
I've been hunting that stupid thing for a month straight, makes me happy I have another option for it finally ;_;

Falz drops the ardildo tier DS which has a base s-atk of around 200, not the thing that you were hunting. Just look in the shops for double saber with elder soul.

Exxy
Dec 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
manage to get 7* Wand and 10* Knuckle on First Phase.

BIG OLAF
Dec 12, 2012, 07:13 AM
Now, hopefully they put in more than just an E-mission so people don't have to get lucky to actually have a chance to fight him.

EvilMag
Dec 12, 2012, 07:13 AM
Defeats the Profound of Darkness and saves the Galaxy.

Reward: 1140 meseta

eharima
Dec 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
Now, hopefully they put in more than just an E-mission so people don't have to get lucky to actually have a chance to fight him.

*strolling through forest, lv 10 solo
*sky turns red
*dark falz falls out the sky blocking your path
*DAT music
*e-trail failed...
*;-;

terrell707
Dec 12, 2012, 07:15 AM

It makes me wonder what will happen to the E-mission once the story moves forward. It would be pretty weird to have him still pop up even though, story-wise, he is presumed dead.

FerrPSO
Dec 12, 2012, 07:19 AM
It had parts of PSO's falz music.

I hope its the last phase of PSO Falz music (the one from Hard and upwards).

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
Guys, I can't help but notice we're all actually happy with an update/event.

Take it in. Savor it. This is like, once-a-year stuff.

*inb4 some silent cynic goes on a rant just to be a dick*

Blicen
Dec 12, 2012, 07:25 AM
Streamed it, here is the link to the fights:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=185m38s

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=207m00s

Honestly I thought they were a lot of fun, I probably scrubbed it out pretty badly going into HM as a level 25 but it was worth the all night wait. Will definitely run it every chance I get, although I think it would of been epic if part 1 and 2 were part of the same mission instead of split up.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 07:26 AM
So, how strong are the elder fists?

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 07:33 AM
Weak sauce, but they can stomp you if you're not looking.

I even did it in a small party and it still went fairly smooth. Rotate weak bullet, attack, watch the clearly telegraphed attacks, and walk out of the way.

Keii
Dec 12, 2012, 07:34 AM
Both fights were fun, but I was bored during the second half of Hands encounters. Got a ヘキサグラフ from the second run though, so I won't complain.

As for the Elder... I didn't find that fight hard at all. My FI/HU was pretty far from death at all times iirc. Still, fun, especially the cutscene after the fight.

Heat Haze
Dec 12, 2012, 07:37 AM
My God, 11* weapons are in now. And I have yet to find a good 10*.

This is going to be crazy.

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up29281.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up29278.png

Cyclon
Dec 12, 2012, 07:37 AM
Streamed it, here is the link to the fights:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=185m38s

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=207m00s

Honestly I thought they were a lot of fun, I probably scrubbed it out pretty badly going into HM as a level 25 but it was worth the all night wait. Will definitely run it every chance I get, although I think it would of been epic if part 1 and 2 were part of the same mission instead of split up.
I find it funny how as soon as 10 seconds into the battle, everyone was already camping the sides of the arena... During my fight, the same happened, except for one person(me, of course). So I was alone in front of him for like 80% of the battle. That felt extremely epic.

FerrPSO
Dec 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
My God, 11* weapons are in now. And I have yet to find a good 10*.

lol! same here. Wonder if they tweaked 10* wep droprates.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 07:47 AM
lol! same here. Wonder if they tweaked 10* wep droprates.

I'd rather want them to see to fix the grinding rates. I've got already way too many 10* stuff that I'll never use because it's impossible for me to get them to +10 and the 7-9* is better for most than what you can get out of a low grind of the 10* items. If you really want 10* then just use the pyroxene shop.

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2012, 07:49 AM
boss fight was best in game so far including the beautiful space area AND the best music since varder. *_*

defintiely anticipate the next.

Also didn't die!

made my heard for doki-doki! *_*

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
That Flame Visit...1039 R-atk at +10 with no affixes. Guess I'm tossing my SSPN in the trash once I get one. I wonder if they released the Frozen Shooter.

Blicen
Dec 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
I find it funny how as soon as 10 seconds into the battle, everyone was already camping the sides of the arena... During my fight, the same happened, except for one person(me, of course). So I was alone in front of him for like 80% of the battle. That felt extremely epic.

I watched a lot of people die in the middle so I tried to avoid it lol, I imagine this fight would be insanely awesome if you were stuck with a just a party of 4.

Hansha
Dec 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
A really fun boss fight finally I'm so happy. I can't believe we are already getting 11* weapons.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
And here we go again lol

Macman
Dec 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
Failnaught and 4 shiny rocks... At least the fight was fun.

I'd rather want them to see to fix the grinding rates. I've got already way too many 10* stuff that I'll never use because it's impossible for me to get them to +10 and the 7-9* is better for most than what you can get out of a low grind of the 10* items. If you really want 10* then just use the pyroxene shop. "I have more than enough uber gear so fuck everyone else."

Yeah okay buddy. As the only person in the ship who has yet to see a single 10* weapon drop, I must kindly ask you to keep your opinions to yourself on this matter.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
Uber gear that's useless because it takes 5-15 protectors to get it to +10, that and thousand of grinders. Really dude, did I kill your family or something?

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah okay buddy. As the only person in the ship who has yet to see a single 10* weapon drop, I must kindly ask you to keep your opinions to yourself on this matter.
I've only found one 10* and it's a Gunslash. Don't worry, we're the average player :P Least you found a really nice DS there, I'm barely finding any 9*s. Seeing two recorded drops already gives me hope for finally finding one though.

I think I've bitched about my godawful luck enough, sorry ;P Let's talk some spoilers.
[spoiler-box]So when Falz is falling apart, we see Gettamfalz amidst the destruction. I wonder if he's being destroyed there, or merely teleporting away? If classic-PS has taught me anything, Dark Falz can easily have multiple bodies and incarnations, so I think it's a safe bet we'll be seeing him again. Perhaps the Profound Darkness down the road, too?

Oh, and why the hell isn't there a giant magma basin where Falz burst out of? Why isn't the crust of that planet a shattered, lava-filled wasteland by now? There's no way a planet survives that kind of trauma, and I want to play on a demolished planet dammit D:[/spoiler-box]

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
So it appears that the Arms EQ can come up during a "normal" EQ. However, Elder will not follow it.

Not too bad, because at least I can farm Elder Souls a little easier.

eharima
Dec 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Didnt
edit oh wait

darkante
Dec 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
[spoiler-box]
A planet full with suffering and death and maybe unspeakable horrors? Sounds like home to me.[/spoiler-box]

Cyclon
Dec 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
[spoiler-box]So when Falz is falling apart, we see Gettamfalz amidst the destruction. I wonder if he's being destroyed there, or merely teleporting away? If classic-PS has taught me anything, Dark Falz can easily have multiple bodies and incarnations, so I think it's a safe bet we'll be seeing him again. Perhaps the Profound Darkness down the road, too?

Oh, and why the hell isn't there a giant magma basin where Falz burst out of? Why isn't the crust of that planet a shattered, lava-filled wasteland by now? There's no way a planet survives that kind of trauma, and I want to play on a demolished planet dammit D:[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]And that's why you must complete the matter board:o You get an additional scene if you do. I won't spoil you though.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Apart from that, Falz is now offcially a daily boss at best. Man.

Gen2000
Dec 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
The one thing I wanted to do out of this big update and it seems I missed one hell of a party...

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 09:46 AM
If he is Daily that is enough for me.
Also, *11s already? Geez.

Macman
Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
I've only found one 10* and it's a Gunslash. Don't worry, we're the average player :P Least you found a really nice DS there, I'm barely finding any 9*s. Seeing two recorded drops already gives me hope for finally finding one though.
Um, no. It's not LAMBDA Failnaught, just Failnaught, so it's total garbage.

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Um, no. It's not LAMBDA Failnaught, just Failnaught, so it's total garbage.

Failnaught has a non-lambda version? This is news to me.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
It's new as in it came with Dark Falz, so yeah, no wonder it's news to you.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
Huh, what an odd drop to give to a boss that also drops 10-11* stuff. Oh well, news to me, calm down folks XD Can't think of another weapon that existed as a Lambda version first.

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
ラムダヘキサグラフ(Lambda Hexagraph)also arrived before the ヘキサグラフ today.

consume
Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 AM
Oh great, more weapons that I can't find/use. Yay. :-(

terrell707
Dec 12, 2012, 11:40 AM

I think I've bitched about my godawful luck enough, sorry ;P Let's talk some spoilers.

CelestialBlade, or anyone for that matter, if you want to be spoiled without doing the Matter Board (courtesy of Resanoca from the screenshot thread) .

[spoiler-box] http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2892118&postcount=305 [/spoiler-box]

Kion
Dec 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
Did anyone else love the main theme right when he gets down to low health? My party was getting owned, everyone was out of moons. Bodies of fallen arks were scattered all over the battlefield as the music shifted. It was too early to give up, we had to fight on, we would fight on and from a few scattered battered arks left in the fight a single moon rezzed everyone as the forces swiftly sprung into action keeping everyone healed as everyone leaped into motion to land the final blows to finish off the boss.

Basically it was epic.

Leyline
Dec 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
I saw rumors of it occurring at 6am eastern is that only for ship 2? He popped for us at 11am eastern

Sp-24
Dec 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
I only liked the theme of the hands' fight. Music needs more than sounding remotely like the main theme of PSO to be good. >_>

Also, what were Falz and those other darkers talking about after the fight? I got the part when he (I think) liked the fight, but what did he tell those people?

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Did anyone else love the main theme right when he gets down to low health? My party was getting owned, everyone was out of moons. Bodies of fallen arks were scattered all over the battlefield as the music shifted. It was too early to give up, we had to fight on, we would fight on and from a few scattered battered arks left in the fight a single moon rezzed everyone as the forces swiftly sprung into action keeping everyone healed as everyone leaped into motion to land the final blows to finish off the boss.

Basically it was epic.

Yesssssss.
I loved that.

I was out of moons and I realized quite awhile ago that a single touch of Dark Falz could instantly kill me (with *10 units too, eep!). But then the transition came and my multiparty's spirit was lifted.

I only liked the theme of the hands' fight. Music needs more than sounding remotely like the main theme of PSO to be good. >_>

Truthly, I was thinking the same. :I
But let's be honest with ourselves, nothing will ever be able to match Dark Falz's greatest theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAFVrBqUtLw

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2012, 12:46 PM
Probably some generic crap about how they're gonna try again to stop the galactic badasses.

That said that was a really fun fight. Sad that you can only do it once each time though

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 12:48 PM
Probably some generic crap about how they're gonna try again to stop the galactic badasses.

That said that was a really fun fight. Sad that you can only do it once each time though

If you complete it once with one character, could you jump to your alt and do it again?

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2012, 12:48 PM
Dunno. I'll find out in a sec though.

EDIT: Nope, it's not showing up for my alt. Guess it will only appear for the character you are using when the Elder fight goes up.

Gen2000
Dec 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just done it and wow this was the real deal.

Did anyone else love the main theme right when he gets down to low health?

Yeah I loved that part, reminded me of Monster Hunter when you fought Jhen Mohran and then hit him with the dragnator (huge ass weapon) and music gets all dramatic, basically the same feeling of "it's time to bring this battle home".

So many Moons were being spilled but once that theme came on, everyone started stepping their game up. Insane morale boost.

RagolianHunter
Dec 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
We squeezed in 3 or 4 arm runs then a single falz quest early this am.

Was epic gotta say, the arm part (1) was sorta lame but the full out boss gottt dammm.

Will be fun/interesting learning his motions.

In regards to drops I got a bunch of 3-6 armors and weapons with the "elder" affix I think it was dunno was early.

Exp on v/h was 9,500 so um yeah....nice.

looking forward to more runs later FIGHT ON!

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
Damn it.

There better be another one this afternoon, or I am fucked. No way in hell I can wake up at 4 AM in the morning just for one quest...

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
In regards to drops I got a bunch of 3-6 armors and weapons with the "elder" affix I think it was dunno was early.
Yep, Elder Soul. T-Atk +30 / PP +3 (finally!).

They're cheaper than you'd expect, too.

DoubleCannon
Dec 12, 2012, 02:02 PM
So earlier before I had to leave I got to face him! and in the end i was not happy lol, the 6 of us on B32 got to phase 2. AFTER 20 MIN he lived! There was no killing him :'( So no drops for me. amazing epic boss battle by far! Just gonna make sure I am on the active block next time lol

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
Do you get the pyroxene stones in any difficulty? Or are those exclusive to VHard?

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
You get them on any difficulty

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
Falz in 10 minutes.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
Seems like it will be only hands seeing the destruction progress.

FerrPSO
Dec 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Just done Elder Falz.

You werent kidding, when the intro music kicks in it feels soo epic

mommy_cornelia
Dec 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Got a エルダーライフル (10* Assault rifle)

Heat Haze
Dec 12, 2012, 04:52 PM
Got two runs of Falz Elder so far, I got....

...nothing! Tragic.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 04:52 PM
Good god, that was amazing. Got 5 stones and one of the new 8* Wands.

Sizustar
Dec 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
Cleared 1st form 3~4 time
2nd form 1 time.
Got 4 Stone and 1 ラムダパティルメリア(Lambda Patty Lumeria) Partizan that I teced for 33% light, and 2 ability(Dark immunity 3% and rare drop lv.1)

Valkyrie Lovrina
Dec 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
I got 2 iritista Stones and no rare. :(

Keyblade59
Dec 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
Logged in RIGHT after it in 6:35am and the other one at 4:40pm. Will there be more tonight?

Insane food dish
Dec 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
Just beat him, got 3 stones and a Mace of Adaman.

Kinujou
Dec 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
i got nothing...pissed at my friends who normally notify me of such things on msn...

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
Falz is the first boss that I actually feel is a boss. Everything else has been midboss level. Having it all spawn in the field randomly didn't help that, and seeing everything downed in literally seconds by either 12 or even one single top geared player deepened that sentiment as well.

But falz has it all:
Build up
Multiple stages
Actual threatening attacks
Varder-like feeling, except it hurts players back
So much HP, spread across every player fighting it, that one dude doing 80k damage per ER hit barely makes any difference at all
And last but not least, he's a fucking loot pinata if this game has ever had one. Which is great.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Logged in RIGHT after it in 6:35am and the other one at 4:40pm. Will there be more tonight?
If the EQ follows the current five-hour pattern, it'll show up at 9pm EST.

Para
Dec 12, 2012, 05:02 PM
"Ha-ha" - Dark Falz 2012
Sums up Dark Falz in a nutshell.

Keyblade59
Dec 12, 2012, 05:02 PM
If the EQ follows the current five-hour pattern, it'll show up at 9pm EST.

Thanks for the update. Also by the looks of it there's now 11 star stuff from DFL?

BIG OLAF
Dec 12, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm sure it popped up the hour after maintenance stopped, but I was sleeping. It probably popped up again sometime today, but obviously I wasn't home. So it would be nice if it came up again sometime tonight, before like 1 AM, preferably. I need to get my no rares from him.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm sure it popped up the hour after maintenance stopped, but I was sleeping. It probably popped up again sometime today, but obviously I wasn't home. So it would be nice if it came up again sometime tonight, before like 1 AM, preferably. I need to get my no rares from him.

Rares seriously drop like candy. You know all those lambda weapons without ordinary counterparts? He seems to drop all of the normal counterparts. He drops lambda versions of old weapons without lambda counterparts too. He drops mace of adaman and a whole list of stuff, in addition to the new 11*'s (lol), as well as a handful of 10*'s.

Seriously if anyone DOESN'T get a rare off this guy they're probably beating the odds by a mile.

BIG OLAF
Dec 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
Seriously if anyone DOESN'T get a rare off this guy they're probably beating the odds by a mile.

Hmm, well, I'll rephrase and say "I need to get my no good rares from him." Bring on the stacks of useless 7*s and whatnot. I'll probably get three or four of those, at least.

Resanoca
Dec 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Rares seriously drop like candy. You know all those lambda weapons without ordinary counterparts? He seems to drop all of the normal counterparts. He drops lambda versions of old weapons without lambda counterparts too. He drops mace of adaman and a whole list of stuff, in addition to the new 11*'s (lol), as well as a handful of 10*'s.

Seriously if anyone DOESN'T get a rare off this guy they're probably beating the odds by a mile.sadface

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah.

I got two adamans off my first falz.

Being that I didn't expect a single thing, it was a pleasant surprise actually. So was falz actually being that much fun, I expected a ton of cheeseits but it was all easy*

*I was playing easy mode aka force

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
I got a tekked Failnaught (lol what a name) from him. I'm keeping it. Ground it to +8 after some 200+ grinders (lolwut).

I'd love to buy a lambda version, but gimme a break, that thing's 5m on market, I don't like double sabers THAT much.

Anyways. 3 iritista stones. Looks like it won't take too long to get one of those 10*s. I can only hope that I get a ruin charm in the meantime...

Ce'Nedra
Dec 12, 2012, 05:14 PM

*raises hand* :(

You know my luck...

Xaeris
Dec 12, 2012, 05:15 PM

I've killed him twice now...

;_;

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Just killed him twice (was able to on my alt as well, lol), got absolutely nothing with 50% boosters each run.

Steveroxyou
Dec 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
I only got 4 quest drops and a ton of meseta from him.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
Really? It seemed like everyone got rares in both of the MPA's I was in. Strange.

I wonder what his actual droplist is, anyway.

vPharaohv
Dec 12, 2012, 05:24 PM
I have been in 2 of the 3 falz so far and I haven't gotten any rares, not even the bad ones (if there are any not sure about his drops). And I used 50% rare drop :/

Skye-Fox713
Dec 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
I really like the fights, first boss in PSO2 to have an epic feel to it. In the end I got 2 stones and a Failnaught(9* Double Saber).

Home Dog
Dec 12, 2012, 05:49 PM
Man I missed this because of school...
I hope I'm on next time.

DoubleCannon
Dec 12, 2012, 05:49 PM
FALZ SHIP 10 STARTS IN 10 MIN!!

Gen2000
Dec 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Second go at him, took longer to get his final phase since most JPN players were offline but still epic as fawk, get 4 more stones and some 7* wand. Best thing to happen to this game in a while.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
I only got stones, I'm at 10 now.

If you want to rage, check this out

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up29351.jpg

Macman
Dec 12, 2012, 05:59 PM

Words cannot express the bitterness I feel towards you right now.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 06:01 PM

looool

Actually I've gotten 3 rares so far. Two mace of adamans off the first one, which was a pleasant treat...

and then an untekked launcher

I was about a hair's breadth from throwing my computer out the window. It was, fortunately, not a burning visit. If I get the best launcher in the game I am going apeshit.

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
I was about a hair's breadth from throwing my computer out the window. It was, fortunately, not a burning visit. If I get the best launcher in the game I am going apeshit.

Damn it SEGA, give giga a hyper rare already. D<

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
Goddamnit now I really want to go complete MB8.
But I got 10 stars to hunt.
then there's Xie
and TACO's

BLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH SO MUCH TO DO!!!

And to get absolutely no rares in either phase, QQ

Tenlade
Dec 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
if falz is only once a day deal, I may just do something crazy and turn in excubes for that rare drop ticket.

I am more likely then not going to regret this. No wait i dont give a shit about any excube items.

DoubleCannon
Dec 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
I got horrendous drops, just 3 stones and normal drops with no affixs except 2 that had elder soul.. yay... btw is there a video or anything after you beat falz? I thought there would be something but I got nothing he just went poof lol. So hes obviously not dead

consume
Dec 12, 2012, 06:49 PM
I sometimes can not believe how stupid the drop system is in this game. The guy with the demolition comet gets fucking elder fist from the first falz arm run. Fuck this.

/qq

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
I sometimes can not believe how stupid the drop system is in this game. The guy with the demolition comet gets fucking elder fist from the first falz arm run. Fuck this.

/qq

Your trolling is too obvious.

They clearly just have the bonus JP ruck.

edit: Found the falz thing on swiki
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%95%E3% 82%A1%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AB %E3%83%80%E3%83%BC

I got two adaman wands in very hard. They're meant to drop in 11-20 and 41-45...

I wonder what the odds on that were?

Meji
Dec 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
No words can describe how awesome it was.Agreed. The loot doesn't really matter the first time you fight him i.m.o.

I accidentally died while ressing others in the end though, so didn't get the juicy EXP.

Link1275
Dec 12, 2012, 07:32 PM
Defeats the Profound of Darkness and saves the Galaxy.

Reward: 1140 meseta

They should change the reward meseta to the maximum amount of carry-able meseta.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
They should change the reward meseta to the maximum amount of carry-able meseta.
and ÷ by zero

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
At the very least they could fire Doodoo

Meji
Dec 12, 2012, 07:56 PM
At the very least they could fire Doodoo
Amen to that.

Link1275
Dec 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
and ÷ by zero
Why divide it by zero?

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
Why divide it by zero?
RNG is messed up as is.

÷ by zero and that could potentially fix it all!

keyword: potentially

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
Falz' ultimate move.

*quote from dudu*

*Every weapon on the field goes to +1"

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
I would destroy Sega

Xaeris
Dec 12, 2012, 08:29 PM

You owe me a new monitor for the one I punched.

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
And to divert the topic: They better spam that Falz mission, because I reaaallllyy want Flame Visit right now.

1,039 R-Atk at +10, all class (can be equipped by GU, now they'll be much more decent at mob control!), and its special ability is extra Brave Stance damage (10% at 1, 12% at 2, 14% at 3), so RA/FI is even more OP.

\o/

Also Elder Rod would be nice.

I would've liked Elysion instead but it needs 500 S-Atk to equip, which is dumb. (All class, also, as are Falclaws).

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
フレイムビジット is all class? That's odd since it doesn't have the usual all class weapon description.

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Well... the wiki says so, so I assume so. It didn't say so earlier so I figure it was found out.

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
Well, now I have my eyes on that Launcher instead of the Craft Plosion. This had better not be a bug on SEGA's part.

Heat Haze
Dec 12, 2012, 08:42 PM
Prior to the second Falz Elder emergency quest, took a peek at item records. Wish I hadn't.

In that one emergency, where 8 blocks were full with people all doing the quest; only 3 of each 11* dropped.

I can always hope for a 10* weapon at least, those have dropped 700-800 times each in that emergency.

Oh hey, Dark Falz yet again. Get on people.

Bellion
Dec 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
Dark Falz EQ now!

Edit: Ship 2... >_>

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 08:47 PM
And to divert the topic: They better spam that Falz mission, because I reaaallllyy want Flame Visit right now.

1,039 R-Atk at +10, all class (can be equipped by GU, now they'll be much more decent at mob control!), and its special ability is extra Brave Stance damage (10% at 1, 12% at 2, 14% at 3), so RA/FI is even more OP.

\o/

Also Elder Rod would be nice.

I would've liked Elysion instead but it needs 500 S-Atk to equip, which is dumb. (All class, also, as are Falclaws).

ELYSION IS ALL-CLASS!?
YES, A WAND THAT I CAN USE AS A FI/TE'r AT LONG LAST

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yunamon
Dec 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Awesome? It's beyond words...

[spoiler-box]http://twitpic.com/blaxkd
http://twitpic.com/blayf6
http://twitpic.com/blaysv
http://twitpic.com/blaz36
http://twitpic.com/blazpj
http://twitpic.com/blazy5
http://twitpic.com/blb0bt
http://twitpic.com/blb0n4
http://twitpic.com/blb101
http://twitpic.com/blb17f

The 4 Heavenly Kings? Apprentice (Unless I heard wrong), Doubles and Persona![/spoiler-box]

I think I got this from my run this morning... Will need to properly recheck later after work... http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AA%E3%83%A5%E3%82%B7%E3% 82%AA%E3%83%B3

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
^- Errmmm, all of your links are broken. :/

yunamon
Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Very strange... Works fine here...

Anyways I've linked them instead of img them...

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
strangely enough I found no (real) difference between hard and VH of this EQ (Other than 100 damage difference per hit.....pfft)

MetalDude
Dec 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
According to the wiki, both Flame Visit and Falclaws can be used by their respective counterpart class (GU and FI respectively). Does Sega hates HU or what? No new reasonably obtainable sword or partisan (or even very strong partisan for that matter) at all. Good luck on finding either of those (and Elysion). Last time I checked, they both had 3 finds after 2 successful Falz completions. That's pretty nasty but completely understandable given that they're fucking amazingly strong (and 11* weapons).

I'm really liking Lambda Rezugazu though. Just as strong as Blade Dance at max grind and they're going for around 700k. I haven't found a good TDag yet so this is awesome.

vPharaohv
Dec 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
I don't see what the point of adding weapons like Falclaw and Flame visit are where the weapons are basically unobtainable, it's actually pretty aggravating. There is no benefit to making weapons that rare since you can't trade/sell. Upwards of 300 hours and I haven't gotten even one 10* weapon and even when I do, there is a high chance it will be useless to my main class and there is nothing I can do with it except get 30 grinders (which is a fuckin' joke). And now there is a new level of rare.
For any other game 300 hours would be considered a ton. 300 hours into PSO I had real agito, demolition comet, red sword, red mechgun, spread needle etc... PSU at least if I got rare items that were useless to me I could sell them and get an equally rare items useful to me. I really don't like having to play likes it a second life and still not getting anywhere.

Anyway that's just my stupid rant. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Xaelouse
Dec 12, 2012, 11:51 PM
or maybe some of these weapons will be dropping from different monsters when we get Ultimate

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
I don't see what the point of adding weapons like Falclaw and Flame visit are where the weapons are basically unobtainable, it's actually pretty aggravating. There is no benefit to making weapons that rare since you can't trade/sell. Upwards of 300 hours and I haven't gotten even one 10* weapon and even when I do, there is a high chance it will be useless to my main class and there is nothing I can do with it except get 30 grinders (which is a fuckin' joke). And now there is a new level of rare.
For any other game 300 hours would be considered a ton. 300 hours into PSO I had real agito, demolition comet, red sword, red mechgun, spread needle etc... PSU at least if I got rare items that were useless to me I could sell them and get an equally rare items useful to me. I really don't like having to play likes it a second life and still not getting anywhere.

The droprates and RNG in this game are downright absurd. That's fine when you can obtain them via the market, but if everything is bound that maisen that went to me instead of someone who doesn't have it yet...I can't get it to them. The RNG is not perfect, it can never be perfect, and the market is there to remedy that. Take out the market and we're back to relying 100% on the RNG.

Apparently the JP's like that, and I honestly cannot fathom why.

Kirine
Dec 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
I am saddened that Twin Machine Guns get no love. There is not yaskimov9000 in the pyro shop nor does the new equest drops any new twin machine guns.

Rien
Dec 13, 2012, 01:14 AM
I scored an Elder Rifle with Freeze 2 and Elder Soul (T-attack +30, PP +2?5?) on my first run on Elder.

While I'm excited for getting my first 10* weapon, I'm not very excited by the fact that I'm maining a hunter and I ended up with something I can't trade away or use.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 01:32 AM
I scored an Elder Rifle with Freeze 2 and Elder Soul (T-attack +30, PP +2?5?) on my first run on Elder.

While I'm excited for getting my first 10* weapon, I'm not very excited by the fact that I'm maining a hunter and I ended up with something I can't trade away or use.
Er, can't you exchange that for an excube?

Rien
Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 AM
But what can I do with just one excube?

I'm trying to assume I'll never get another 10* again.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 01:35 AM
But what can I do with just one excube?

I'm trying to assume I'll never get another 10* again.
There's still the traditional way of getting it....(not that I'm even capable of that method myself)

but fair enough.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 01:39 AM
yeah I wouldn't go turning the best rifle in the game into an excube

turn it into grinders instead, and put it on youtube too

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
Now that I think about it, how funny would the battle be if the Graphic Glitch was still present?

I mean, shiny falz.......

Resanoca
Dec 13, 2012, 01:46 AM
Now that I think about it, how funny would the battle be if the Graphic Glitch was still present?

I mean, shiny falz.......
It still is present. It wasn't fixed. lol

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 01:50 AM
It still is present. It wasn't fixed. lol
It's fixed for me :)

Crystal_Shard
Dec 13, 2012, 02:05 AM

You and me both, except my character's a Fo/Fi and she's wondering what to do with this dismembered arm that dropped into her lap.

@gigawuts: What about converting it into a Photon Sphere instead and blowing it on 5 x 25% Drop Boost Tickets? :3

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2012, 03:12 AM
Falz' ultimate move.

*quote from dudu*

*Every weapon on the field goes to +1"

Wait, that means my gear acctualyl gets stronger! =w=

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 03:17 AM
Wait, that means my gear acctualyl gets stronger! =w=
And my bare fists will be ground to +1!'
lolwut

Meji
Dec 13, 2012, 03:26 AM
Wait, that means my gear acctualyl gets stronger! =w=No sure if that's a good or a bad sign, lol.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 05:25 AM
Well, count me among those that did a Falz EQ and got no rares whatsoever out of it. I've only ever found one 10* after all and it's a stupid Gunslash :P Definitely on the ass end of the RNG myself, always have been.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2012, 05:39 AM
No sure if that's a good or a bad sign, lol.

Me neither =w=

Well, count me among those that did a Falz EQ and got no rares whatsoever out of it. I've only ever found one 10* after all and it's a stupid Gunslash :P Definitely on the ass end of the RNG myself, always have been.

I'm in the same boat as you cocobutter ;-; Only 10* I got is Vraolet Zero

Resanoca
Dec 13, 2012, 05:43 AM
Yup. I got nothing. Saki got fucking everything. D:

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 05:44 AM
Until 6 hours ago, I also only had a Vraolet Zero to show for a month of rare hunting, but now I have two 10☆ R.Attack based rares that I can't use. Still, that Elder Rifle looks nice.

consume
Dec 13, 2012, 05:45 AM
250% booster + lucky rise units and all i get is a hexigraph and a crappy 7* wand, nice. Meanwhile im sure some force got an elder fist

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 06:49 AM
I'm in the same boat as you cocobutter ;-; Only 10* I got is Vraolet Zero
*hug* :(

Yeah, I actually liked the untradeable aspect of 10*s at first, but I underestimated my RNG "luck" and the fact that this is turning into a major flaw PSPo2 had, where I played a Ranger that found nothing but Hunter stuff and you couldn't trade any A or S-rank items at all. It's really stupid and short-sighted in practice. In my first Falz run yesterday I did find an 8* Wand, which is just dandy because Techer's the only class I don't have unlocked. Argh. I have never understood Asia's RNG obsession.

vPharaohv
Dec 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
3rd Falz and not even a common red drop, and down to my last 50% rare drop increase :/

Macman
Dec 13, 2012, 08:28 AM

Take your story, and change "300 hours" to "800 hours" and you have me. This game's droprate makes PSOv2 blush and it's dumb as hell.

EDIT: Well I -did- find one 10* weapon... A Windy Shaft. I loathe playing force...

Rien
Dec 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
You know what's funny about all this 10* bullshit?

There's a 10* search option in MyShop. And we already have 11* equipments.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2012, 08:46 AM
*hug* :(

Yeah, I actually liked the untradeable aspect of 10*s at first, but I underestimated my RNG "luck" and the fact that this is turning into a major flaw PSPo2 had, where I played a Ranger that found nothing but Hunter stuff and you couldn't trade any A or S-rank items at all. It's really stupid and short-sighted in practice. In my first Falz run yesterday I did find an 8* Wand, which is just dandy because Techer's the only class I don't have unlocked. Argh. I have never understood Asia's RNG obsession.

RNG system of this game is a fucking joke...I want PSO's droprates back...so at least it makes sense when hunting stuff. PSO's RNG was so good but they busted it up ever since PSU...

the1234321
Dec 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9 %E3%83%B3%E3%83%89&src=%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9% E3%83%B3%E3%83%89.jpg

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3% 82%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
You know what's funny about all this 10* bullshit?

There's a 10* search option in MyShop. And we already have 11* equipments.

The 10* search option have been there since the beginning. Pretty sure they originally intended 10* to be tradeable, 'cept people whined.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
RNG system of this game is a fucking joke...I want PSO's droprates back...so at least it makes sense when hunting stuff. PSO's RNG was so good but they busted it up ever since PSU...
I could get behind this. I did like how the rate increased the longer you played, and while that was abusable, you could easily implement measures to make it work. As much as I want to just give up on rare-hunting in this game, there isn't much else to do and I have this horrible finish-what-you-start complex that would make me more irritated if I gave up and completely wasted over a month hunting something that never dropped. Honestly I don't even have a problem with the low drop rates, I have a problem with the rigid RAND they multiply.

You can't keep a playerbase interested for too long if you only give most of your players something half-ass once a month, that they can't even use or trade most of the time. The bizarre part is that paying customers don't have it any better.

Rien
Dec 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
-snip-

That's a psycho wand.

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 09:06 AM
I'll tell you guys what:

After ~1120 hours logged into this game, my first 10* weapon dropped. This is after I get two classes to level 50 and 8 Excube's worth of exp.

It comes when it comes. :T

Kion
Dec 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
I think the system of having 10 star weapons character bound is pretty dumb on the side of the development team. They implemented that because japanese player were complaining that for all of the grinding they did, rares never dropped and it was much easier to grind for money until you had enough to buy it from some player shop by another player that happened to pick it up.

Making items character bound completely removes the point of playing the game in an online community. Basically with events like this 11* items and such are rare, but with a ton of people playing, some of them are going to get lucky on their first try, and likely not find what they want. People who find something should be able to trade and communicate with other players in order to find the best gear. I wouldn't mind if they made 10* gear and up trade only to promote people buying premium but as it stands the current system is treating the symptoms not the problem.

The drop rates are horrible. market prices were high because the rates are abysmal and warranting the price. Not being able to resell equipment into the market means that people can't sell their old gear increasing supply and reducing demand for more people getting what they want. People can also have fun and test items rather than being put in a situation where they can profit, or lose out if they want to try something they picked up.

Right now I'm kind of waiting for what happened in PSU to happen in PSO2. I remember the crea doubles being the first 10* item out and everyone ran the same mission hundreds of times only to be disappointed, but as time went on the level of mobs increased, more rares were introduced and finding one wasn't as much a one-in-a-million chance any more. Right now I'm just raising my character, doing CO's, running missions with friends and not worrying about drops right now, because a couple months down the line the situation of the game is probably going to be very different.

That being said though, if sega isn't going to make rares tradable then they should at least make the drop rates not suck donkey balls.

Agitated_AT
Dec 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
This new boss fight is the best thing i've experienced in a pso game, and this comes from someone who despises and finds most content in pso2 to be incredibly boring.

They need to set this quality as a standard to everything in the game. Screw all the laughably dumb enemies that are just dancing around. Buff all the monsters accordingly. Make enemies more aggressive and the game more engaging in general. And i'll be back

Because falz was all of the above times 10

It is the first time I felt underpowered because of my level and gear. Usually I can just stand still in lvl 40 content with a lvl 30 character wielding average equips.

Falz has proven that they "can" do it :).

Macman
Dec 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
I'll tell you guys what:

After ~1120 hours logged into this game, my first 10* weapon dropped. This is after I get two classes to level 50 and 8 Excube's worth of exp.

It comes when it comes. :T
It finally did for me. I got an Elder Fist off one of the Falz Arms this morning.
Now I just gotta raise my fighter...

Oh and by the way:
Dat T-ATK
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/thatmotherfucker.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Dec 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Oh and by the way:
Dat T-ATK
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/thatmotherfucker.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
IT WILL BE MIIIINE

(no not really I have shit luck with RNG)

Funny, though, I have just barely enough T-Atk to use that wand. I just need to get it to drop for me...

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
It finally did for me. I got an Elder Fist off one of the Falz Arms this morning.
Now I just gotta raise my fighter...

Oh and by the way:
Dat T-ATK

Grats on the Fist!

...You know, that thing costs 30k per grind. That's like, how much it takes per attempt to transfer attributes to a 10*. ._.

Edit: 5 grinders per attempt too, damn.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Assuming it's even real. Last screenshot of a Psychu Wandu sure wasn't.

Zyrusticae
Dec 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Assuming it's even real. Last screenshot of a Psychu Wandu sure wasn't.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3% 82%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89

Macman
Dec 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well there's an entry on it in the JP wiki, so I'd assume it was.

Edit: ^ Welp

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well, there is no achievment/title/whatever for grinding it to +10, so chances of this being real a kinda slim, to underestimate things a little.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
If those stats are real, that's a 2.08 ATK mod for getting a 12* to +10. That's disappointing considering I'm sure a 12* will be even more impossible to get to +10 than a 10*.

Forgive my continued skepticism, this is about the third Psycho Wand screenshot I've seen and all others have been false, so I'll believe it when it shows up in the item records in-game. I take any and all hacking/datamining with a grain of salt. If those stats hold though, daaaaamn.

Jakosifer
Dec 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
I had fun both times I was able to play it, didn't get any rares, but thats okay, it was the most fun I have had in this game in a very long time. And that's why I play this game, to have fun, not be mad that I'm at the mercy of RNG gods.

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well, somebody on Swiki has explained that "Special Weapons don't show up on Item Record". Hopefully, this convinces somebody.

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
If those stats are real, that's a 2.08 ATK mod for getting a 12* to +10. That's disappointing considering I'm sure a 12* will be even more impossible to get to +10 than a 10*.

Forgive my continued skepticism, this is about the third Psycho Wand screenshot I've seen and all others have been false, so I'll believe it when it shows up in the item records in-game. I take any and all hacking/datamining with a grain of salt. If those stats hold though, daaaaamn.

The top visited My Room from last week have the weapon on display in a weapon hologram on Ship 10. One of the ship 10-ers should go check it out.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
The top visited My Room from last week have the weapon on display in a weapon hologram on Ship 10. One of the ship 10-ers should go check it out.
Ooh, that's certainly something. Guessing this drops from Elder, being in this thread?

mykristian
Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
It's real.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/w8UtP.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dextro
Dec 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
Just went to confirm this :-o
Here's a pic for everyone else:

EDIT: LOL you beat me to it.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s8.postimage.org/mq9h3bgkl/pso20121213_171619_001.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Amaranthus
Dec 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Oh its in the noisy room. That room is going to have more visitors now.. xD

Tenlade
Dec 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
That being said though, if sega isn't going to make rares tradable then they should at least make the drop rates not suck donkey balls.

They're doing this on purpose, they're trying to stall for time until more content comes out, like the rates for 7-9 rares, the amount of drops needed for level cap client orders, like the xp rates, everything will changed to managable levels once there's more content for players past it.

Once enough content comes out, once the level caps been raised and theres now 11 and 12 star, they'll make 10 tradable, and make 11-12 the new 10

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
I could maybe understand the difficulty in finding the best weapon of that type available, but the sheer difficulty in finding any reasonably good weapon is terrible. Not every hunt needs to be an SJS hunt. In PSO1, you didn't have to go for SJS 100% of the time as a Skyly. Both Chain Sawd and Red Sword could be found in the same place (along with Sange) off common enemies with a very fair rate.

Kirine
Dec 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
They're doing this on purpose, they're trying to stall for time until more content comes out, like the rates for 7-9 rares, the amount of drops needed for level cap client orders, like the xp rates, everything will changed to managable levels once there's more content for players past it.

Once enough content comes out, once the level caps been raised and theres now 11 and 12 star, they'll make 10 tradable, and make 11-12 the new 10

I agree... As they make more stars, more levels, and more availablity... they will make new star level.

I also forsee them changing the grinding prices in which 9 stars will cost 2 grinders.

vPharaohv
Dec 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Making items character bound completely removes the point of playing the game in an online community

This couldn't be more true.

Also why did they add the whole "register" weapons thing? I don't really see what the point is? If I get new weapons I'm stuck with old ones and I can't even give it to a lower level friend. What's the point?

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 03:01 PM

Yeah, this is pretty much a logical necessity. Either abundance or market circulation.

Either way in the generation of halos and cods this will game will simply not succeed in the western markets. They're going to need to do something. If I'm under the right impression, SoA will just get SoJ's game +/- some minute tweaking, which means SoJ will need to do something.

I have absolutely no idea why they abandoned the incredibly successful model used in PSO1: Make rares much more common, but make rares unique so players want more than just one.

The latent ability system is no substitute for actual utility. Dealing 5% extra damage in this way or 11% extra damage in that way is not worth +10ing something 3 times when you can just get way more damage out of something else for less than the cost of +10nig something once. Items need comparable ATK's and comparable utility. There's no special attack button, so using other methods is needed. Maybe the last hit of a full melee combo, or just innate bonuses. I promise you, give gwana double 100% crits on stunned enemies (ineffective in many situations, dubs don't have a stun PA, only a couple bosses are ever technically stunned), and demo comet reduced poison ignition on the last hit of a fully landed normal melee combo (maybe 25% damage, good for burst damage if you or someone else poison the enemy, also spreads poison), then make their raw damage worse than the top performing 9* and players will want both anyway.

Force weapons that make freeze unshatterable with player hits (still expires in 10 seconds or whatnot), or increase ice tech durations (rabarta = 6 hits, damage reduced across hits), or get PP returned for DOT inflicted would all be independently useful without any of them relying on a plain atk advantage over the other. Only one of these would have the best ATK, and a lambda garland would have better raw atk, yet many players would want more than 1 simply for their unique ability.

Make 9*'s better for raw damage, make 10*'s way more common, and give every 10* some special utility. That's how you hook players. You don't lord four or five end-all be-all items over them, always out of their reach; you give them lots of situational ones that are the best at their single tasks. It's worked before, and I have nfi why they stopped doing it. Maybe they're just not clever enough to think up unique abilities anymore.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much a logical necessity. Either abundance or market circulation.

Either way in the generation of halos and cods this will game will simply not succeed in the western markets. They're going to need to do something. If I'm under the right impression, SoA will just get SoJ's game +/- some minute tweaking, which means SoJ will need to do something.

I have absolutely no idea why they abandoned the incredibly successful model used in PSO1: Make rares much more common, but make rares unique so players want more than just one.

The latent ability system is no substitute for actual utility. Dealing 5% extra damage in this way or 11% extra damage in that way is not worth +10ing something 3 times when you can just get way more damage out of something else for less than the cost of +10nig something once. Items need comparable ATK's and comparable utility. There's no special attack button, so using other methods is needed. Maybe the last hit of a full melee combo, or just innate bonuses. I promise you, give gwana double 100% crits on stunned enemies (ineffective in many situations, dubs don't have a stun PA, only a couple bosses are ever technically stunned), and demo comet reduced poison ignition on the last hit of a fully landed normal melee combo (maybe 25% damage, good for burst damage if you or someone else poison the enemy, also spreads poison), then make their raw damage worse than the top performing 9* and players will want both anyway.

Force weapons that make freeze unshatterable with player hits (still expires in 10 seconds or whatnot), or increase ice tech durations (rabarta = 6 hits, damage reduced across hits), or get PP returned for DOT inflicted would all be independently useful without any of them relying on a plain atk advantage over the other. Only one of these would have the best ATK, and a lambda garland would have better raw atk, yet many players would want more than 1 simply for their unique ability.

Make 9*'s better for raw damage, make 10*'s way more common, and give every 10* some special utility. That's how you hook players. You don't lord four or five end-all be-all items over them, always out of their reach; you give them lots of situational ones that are the best at their single tasks. It's worked before, and I have nfi why they stopped doing it. Maybe they're just not clever enough to think up unique abilities anymore.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels 10 star weapons are ridiculously hard to find. I've only found one now and it's a rifle. I'm not even a Gunner or Ranger, I'm a FI/HU and have yet to find anything worthwhile.

I was motivated to keep playing in order to earn money to afford the rares I wanted from player shops, but with those avenues now being closed to me, I feel very little desire to actually keep playing.

Ezodagrom
Dec 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
Wait, rares were more common in PSO1?

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 03:14 PM

Absolutely. It was much easier to find rares in PSO1. I never would have spent a month straight hunting a Stag Cutlery in PSO1.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 03:19 PM

WAY WAY WAY more fucking common. Like, after this many hours I'd be sitting on oodles of fucking everything. On top of being easier to find, they were all better right off the bat, did not require more than their own values in grinding to improve, and you could trade off the ones you didn't want even if you'd used them before.

Only a small handful of weapons required extensive hunts, anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. After a month of 5 hour a day hunting no matter how fucking unlucky you were you came out with something worth talking about, full stop. And this thing did not cost four times its market value to improve, nor max out. The only reason you'd keep looking is to find one with better percents, ideally hit.

This is a very frustrating system, and it's a shame that they've abandoned what made PSO worthy of two sequels to begin with.

What compensated for them being more common was wanting more than just one or two, you'd want a whole slew of items because they were special.

Aquayoshi
Dec 13, 2012, 03:23 PM
It really irks me that anything cool that I find is unusable out of the box, that I have to grind it to make it better than my current gear. And frankly, grinding just sucks.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
It really irks me that anything cool that I find is unusable out of the box, that I have to grind it to make it better than my current gear. And frankly, grinding just sucks.

This is another thing. Since every rare item grinds exactly the same way as every other rare item of similar rarity (7* = all other 7*'s, etc.), rares with low damage are fucking worthless. How fast did the ardillou hit the floor after the lambda aristin showed up? What was it, a day? Less? Finding an ardillou now is a joke. Why spend (average grind rate for 9*'s, let's say 5m) + 500k for a mediocre weapon when you can spend just a smidgen more for a strictly superior weapon? What's it gonna be, 5.5m or 6m for like 80% more damage?

This whole system is inherently flawed and I have no grasp on why people just eat it up.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
This is another thing. Since every rare item grinds exactly the same way as every other rare item of similar rarity (7* = all other 7*'s, etc.), rares with low damage are fucking worthless. How fast did the ardillou hit the floor after the lambda aristin showed up? What was it, a day? Less? Finding an ardillou now is a joke. Why spend (average grind rate for 9*'s, let's say 5m) + 500k for a mediocre weapon when you can spend just a smidgen more for a strictly superior weapon? What's it gonna be, 5.5m or 6m for like 80% more damage?

This whole system is inherently flawed and I have no grasp on why people just eat it up.

Every weapon type has a game breaking previous type ruining reskin 7-9* except fists.

Am mad.

Macman
Dec 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
Oh most definitely. The only things I can recall that have droprates even COMPARABLE to the shit that's going on in PSO2 were things like Lavis Cannon, Psycho Wand, Sealed J-Sword, Heaven Punisher. Aside from that, there was rarely a good must-have item with a droprate worse than 1/500.

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 03:56 PM
Why spend (average grind rate for 9*'s, let's say 5m) + 500k for a mediocre weapon when you can spend just a smidgen more for a strictly superior weapon? What's it gonna be, 5.5m or 6m for like 80% more damage?

Unless your luck is absolute crap and you keep failing back down to +2 from +5s or this includes the grinders, this is no longer true. Not ever since they reduced the money it takes to grind.

Lambda Alistein's hidden potential is for Guard Stance so you don't actually NEED it, in case you want to include those into the calculation.

Tenlade
Dec 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
Unless your luck is absolute crap and you keep failing back down to +2 from +5s or this includes the grinders, this is no longer true. Not ever since they reduced the money it takes to grind.

Lambda Alistein's hidden potential is for Guard Stance so you don't actually NEED it, in case you want to include those into the calculation.
Guess what, a lot of people have absolute crap luck. Thats why a lot of people do not even have a useful rare. All it takes is a bad run of the rng for it to happpen, which it quite often does.

you know, consideirng the amount of streaks of good/bad luck i get when grinding/hunting rares, Im suspecting the rng in this game isn't exactly random enough.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 04:09 PM

I just threw 5m at a lambda regzaga, and a teammate threw plenty more at it. Grinders are 12.5k these days (or at least last night). I took exactly 300 grinders to do it (I think, 3 full stacks got me to +9 the 3rd or 4th time plus 1 more grind because go big or go home). And, yes, I hug +3 - +5 like you would never believe. I have better luck with +8 and +9 than +5.

The game should not be balanced around the average experience if the planets align and the RNG feels you are worthy, especially since so few actually get such an experience. I have yet to see one person talk positively about the RNG that has extensive experience with it. The system is designed to irritate players so they spend money to get around the frustrating mechanics. This is a standard F2P tactic. This is not even underhanded anymore, it's expected.

PSO1 implemented a successful rare model and PSU got rid of it. PSO2 put in affixes, allowing every weapon to have identical special effects. Now that status effects are no longer what makes anything unique, and elemental damage and such are in the skill tree, something else needs to fill that void, or people will get irritated that every 2 months they're expected to embark on a 50 day hunt to get a weapon that lets them kill enemies in 2 hits with no other actual abilities - just like they did last update.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
The game should not be balanced around the average experience if the planets align and the RNG feels you are worthy, especially since so few actually get such an experience. I have yet to see one person talk positively about the RNG that has extensive experience with it. The system is designed to irritate players so they spend money to get around the frustrating mechanics. This is a standard F2P tactic. This is not even underhanded anymore, it's expected.

PSO1 implemented a successful rare model and PSU got rid of it. PSO2 put in affixes, allowing every weapon to have identical special effects. Now that status effects are no longer what makes anything unique, and elemental damage and such are in the skill tree, something else needs to fill that void, or people will get irritated that every 2 months they're expected to embark on a 50 day hunt to get a weapon that lets them kill enemies in 2 hits with no other actual abilities - just like they did last update.
Except you can't even pay money to get around it, which is stupid. Rare boosters don't get you around the RNG.

And totally agreed on PSO1 rares. I had so many because they were so unique. Now everyone just goes for the top-stat rare because there's no reason otherwise, aside from looks.

EvilMag
Dec 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Doesn't anyone here know Japanese? Also does anyone know the link to the page where you can suggest something?

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 05:03 PM
This is weird. Normally when I say we should do things like boost rare droprates, make them unique so you want more than just 1, etc. people show up to call me wrong, just nostalgic, biased, etc.

I guess they're either not on the forums, or finally got burned by the RNG they so vehemently defended. Or maybe (and I doubt this) they finished reading my post before frantically calling it wrong.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
I miss old PSO1 drop rates, although yas 9k would probably be the drop rate of the PSO1 end game stuff that had a drop rate of 1 in 28808, and tied with the fact that it's off of a rare monster makes it all the more annoying.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 05:11 PM

If finding Varistas, DB Sabers, fake Flowen Swords, Gae Bulgs count, then yes, yes they were. Anything that was even remotely "good"? No.

Alenoir
Dec 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Ahh buying grinders. Yeah, that explains why it gets so expensive.

Suggestion link (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion). Not gonna bother though, this version of PSO2 is not exactly aimed for westerners to begin with. :T *is sorta spoiled by the whole iRO having their own server rate thing*

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
If finding Varistas, DB Sabers, fake Flowen Swords, Gae Bulgs count, then yes, yes they were. Anything that was even remotely "good"? No.

Chain sawd. Call it bad. Right now. 1/1k off the most common enemy in caves. Most rares dropped like that. They were all unique. They all served a special purpose. They were all desirable.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
Chain sawd. Call it bad. Right now. 1/1k off the most common enemy in caves. Most rares dropped like that. They were all unique. They all served a special purpose. They were all desirable.

I hated that weapon actually, it looked very stupid to me. But yeah, a chainsawd would be in comparison to a 7-8* weapon in this game in terms of drop rate. That's why I put good in quotations, I'm talking about rares like Heaven's Punisher.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
I hated that weapon actually, it looked very stupid to me. But yeah, a chainsawd would be in comparison to a 7-8* weapon in this game in terms of drop rate. That's why I put good in quotations, I'm talking about rares like Heaven's Punisher.

7-8* in droprate? I killed thousands upon thousands of signo beats and never found a signo braver. I promise you, droprates are nowhere near PSO1. And when you do find a relatively common rare, it's worth shit all because you need to pour money into it to make it even approach the weapons you're already using. In the end, you can pay 3m+10k for the rare you just found, or 3m+1m to triple its damage.

Rares like heaven's punisher...were room devastating weapons. They wrecked everything. What rare does that now? None do. They do the exact same thing as every single other weapon of that category, with 15% more damage.

edit: To make my last point more clear, I'm comparing godtier weapons to what has similar droprates now, and saying the rarity does not justify the performance. I'ev said this from very early in the game: If this is what simple bonus damage weapons are dropping like, what do you really think the actually unique weapons will drop like? Because my point is now being made for me by Sega themselves with 11* weapons.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
I wonder how low the drop rate for 10* that drops from rare enemies are in this game. If they are as low as the 10* stuff that drops from normal enemies that's not smart on sega's part.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 05:24 PM

Problem is you're comparing 10* weapons to 12* weapons. Heaven Punisher was 12*, as such it should've been hard to find. 10* weapons should not take months of hunting, 12* probably should.

Not to mention, most 12* weapons in PSO were pretty god-like.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
Problem is you're comparing 10* weapons to 12* weapons. Heaven Punisher was 12*, as such it should've been hard to find. 10* weapons should not take months of hunting, 12* probably should.

This...DAT SJS HUNT...it still haunts me sometimes =w=

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
I got a agito '75 before I got yas 9k in this game, because I got the agito after quite a few runs (but that was luck) and I can't even get a weapon that's 10*, not end game, and comes from a rare enemy (which means the drop rate shouldn't be that low). I even find rare enemies from PSO1 than that stupid yas 9k, which the rare enemy has a 1 in like 8000 chance of spawning. It really is annoying me.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 05:36 PM

It doesn't take months to find 10* weapons in this game.

7-8* in droprate? I killed thousands upon thousands of signo beats and never found a signo braver. I promise you, droprates are nowhere near PSO1. And when you do find a relatively common rare, it's worth shit all because you need to pour money into it to make it even approach the weapons you're already using. In the end, you can pay 3m+10k for the rare you just found, or 3m+1m to triple its damage.

Rares like heaven's punisher...were room devastating weapons. They wrecked everything. What rare does that now? None do. They do the exact same thing as every single other weapon of that category, with 15% more damage.

I never said the drop rates were the same as PSO1, I said chain sawd's rate would be in comparison to that tier, as from my own experience that category (7-8*) are something around that, if not less, franky it all depends on the enemy. Like signo you are talking about, there's few spawns at a time so lower chance then say even the 9* launcher on the Dagacha which come in swarms.

I'll agree on the fact that having to dance with dudu with every new rare you find to be up to par with your current gets pretty old though. And I guess Heaven's Punisher was a bad example, maybe Lavis Cannon, it was pretty generic like all the weapons in this game but did look pretty cool and have that nice special.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 05:37 PM
I suggest we all tell SEGA how we feel about this. Go here (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion) and make your voice heard!

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 05:37 PM
I thought the link would be a photo of a wishing well, yay.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 05:38 PM

Have you found a Stag Cutlery yet? I've been hunting for one for over a month almost exclusively and it has yet to drop. Only about 38 people a week get it on Ship 2.

As a matter of fact I've only found one 10* weapon since they came out. And it was a rifle.

EvilMag
I suggest we all tell SEGA how we feel about this. Go here (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion) and make your voice heard!

Well does anyone here know Japanese? Maybe Kion will help us? :P

gigawuts
Lavis cannon also had unique functionality, so it can't be used for this. None of the nice weapons in PSO1 really can be. Orochiagito, etc. If it did anything but an ordinary confusion, paralysis, freeze, etc. that we find in affixes now, you can't use it for this.

If you're going to be doing comparisons you're basically limited to the set of 3 rares in each category - like wals, visk, club of laconium, etc. That series of weapons.

Those did drop frequently. They also all did something unique, or had a forced special (confusion etc.) and moderately good at that level.

As far as "it doesn't take months to find 10*'s in this game," that's a crock. For every person who posts screens of 12 rares in 1 week hunting for just one item, there's probably another 10 with nothing to show for the last month straight.

BIG OLAF
Dec 13, 2012, 05:41 PM

If only I had known this sooner. Duh, now I'll find them all the time! You have unlocked my latent 'make-10*s-drop-when-I-want-them-to' abilities!

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'd rather have the rare monster rate (except rappy) significantly drop and the specific rare drop from them go insanely up

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
Well does anyone here know Japanese? Maybe Kion will help us? :P

My Japanese is poor but I could probably help get the point across. Here's what I posted:

10*アイテムのドロップは悪いですよ!

森のエリアのレアが他のエリアより出せません。

レアが見つけられなければどうしてプレイヤが続けますか?

10*アイテムが全てのエリアで、見つかることが難しすぎます。

何かして下さい、お願いします。

Basically saying 10* drop rates are bad, calling out the forest specifically and then saying that it's far too difficult to find 10* items in any area and asking them to do something.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 13, 2012, 05:46 PM
I was too busy wtfing to care about rars.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 05:49 PM
Have you found a Stag Cutlery yet? I've been hunting for one for over a month almost exclusively and it has yet to drop. Only about 38 people a week get it on Ship 2.

As a matter of fact I've only found one 10* weapon since they came out. And it was a rifle.

I haven't found one since I never tried hunting for it(stay mostly in mines, ruins). But, everything I have hunted for, I currently have. That's about 6 or 7 10* weapons not including the ones I grinded for attributes, just running around in mpas for a couple hours each day. So until I actually get not a single 10* in an entire month I'll change my statement, people that get none I guess it's whatever. I'm sure the more people whine about it the drop rates on rares will get altered yet again.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
people that get none I guess it's whatever.

And there we have it. The final answer after everything else is taken care of.

"Whatever."

It's not

"Well if that's true it is pretty bad."

It's always

"Whatever."

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 05:52 PM
Bullshit. And there's nothing in the RNG to prevent that either.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 05:54 PM
I haven't found one since I never tried hunting for it(stay mostly in mines, ruins). But, everything I have hunted for, I currently have. That's about 6 or 7 10* weapons not including the ones I grinded for attributes, just running around in mpas for a couple hours each day. So until I actually get not a single 10* in an entire month I'll change my statement, people that get none I guess it's whatever. I'm sure the more people whine about it the drop rates on rares will get altered yet again.

I'm guessing you either play an obscene amount, or you're one of the luckier players. I know people that have been hunting Demonic Fork as long as I've been hunting Stag and still have nothing to show for their efforts.

Saffran
Dec 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
PSO1 had several phases. The DC days had some awkward stuffs (apparently 1/2m chance for a god shield from the wolves?) but then again some rares were extremely easy to find (I stopped picking up red handguns after 2 runs I think...).
On GC and subsequently in Blue Burst on PC, the rates were a lot different, but you'd find *something* just about everyday. Albeit in VH and Ultimate mode. Rares in Normal or Hard were either non-existing or not useful (except at the very start of episode 4, but let us forget that dark period of History).
Heaven Punisher or Psycho Wand were the *very best* of their categories, I don't think PSO2 has anything like that yet. Rates were 1/100k or so for Whitill Heaven Punisher (1/200 from Bluefull Hildetorr) and Psycho Wand was 1/130k from the huge gorillas for Oran (but only 1/22 from Purplenum Mil Lily). And in the 9 years I played, (well only 6 on BB) I did find both, but they were rare, as you'd expect from the very best weapons in the entire game.
I've only played PSO2 for about 500 hours, I found a Tigredor like on the first day of Hard Mode, and then... nothing from Dagans ever since. I must have killed thousands upon thousands of Dagans since then, yet... so the rate must be at least like 1/50k.
And I feel like it's exactly the same for every enemy out there.
I do find red boxes / weapons, I really do. I don't have enough grinders though. And when I do have like 90 grinders or so, it's not enough to get my +8 weapons to +10 - and don't get me started on my protective gear, this is plain ridiculous.

If you're a casual and you just follow a few friends around, the game is fantastic. Once you start caring about your equipment, it's over.

That being said, I do speak japanese, but I don't think my "complaints" had any effect in the last few months, so I'm not too keen on keeping at it.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm guessing you either play an obscene amount, or you're one of the luckier players. I know people that have been hunting Demonic Fork as long as I've been hunting Stag and still have nothing to show for their efforts.

I can only handle doing 2hrs tops of mpa before getting bored, and weekends I tend get in more time in mpa throughout the day.

And there we have it. The final answer after everything else is taken care of.

"Whatever."

It's not

"Well if that's true it is pretty bad."

It's always

"Whatever."

Correct, at the end of the day, I don't care how anyone else is doing. I mean I don't actually know you people. :) Maybe, when I'm actually is such a situation I'll come on the forums also and complain about it. Like I said, if enough people whine, I'm sure they will alter the drop rates. I'm well aware that some rares have a really low drop rate.

BIG OLAF
Dec 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Correct, at the end of the day, I don't care how anyone else is doing. I mean I don't actually know you people. :)

Poke and pry long enough, and people always volunteer their true nature. Nothing left to see here, folks.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
I've done so many sessions of the forest for Yas 9k it's probably totaled to be at least 4 days of farming. I've fought through so many rogbelts, from normal to stage 2 infection and only to receive nothing. I have no idea how 90~100 Yas 9k drop a week because I still only see no more than 5 people at a time with them equipped. It doesn't help that the subdue mizer mission only seems to drop 4 items no matter how many monsters I killed, or what rank I get.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
I can only handle doing 2hrs tops of mpa before getting bored, and weekends I tend get in more time in mpa throughout the day.

Correct, at the end of the day, I don't care how anyone else is doing. I mean I don't actually know you people. :) Maybe, when I'm actually is such a situation I'll come on the forums also and complain about it. Like I said, if enough people whine, I'm sure they will alter the drop rates. I'm well aware that some rares have a really low drop rate.

Sore loser conclusion, best way to hold on to your virtual pride while actually throwing all of it away.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 06:15 PM

At least you admit it.

The thing is, not caring about other peoples' gameplay experiences does directly impact you. If people get sick of rolling snake eyes ad infinitum they will quit, or perhaps stop paying money. The market will have less competition as a direct result. The game will get fewer or worse updates. Yes, it's a bit of stretch, but if you want justification to care about whether or not other people are enjoying their experience in PSO2 there you go.

And it's not so much that everyone wants everything easily, more that there's a tried and true method that allows us to have our cake and eat it too. We can have fun, unique, gameplay-altering weapons without having the single best item in the game by designing it so there is no single best weapon in the game. This is referred to as "balance." If you can't "win," why is there a "best?"

People say if rares did were more common it'd be too easy - only if you stop at building your arsenal with one thing. That would be like not leveling your force past level 17 because you already have PP revival, so who cares? People say that if rares were more common everyone would use the same thing - not true, some would prefer a rare that does X, others would prefer one that does Y. There's also fun in changing styles based on what you find, to see if you like it or not. Would they stop their hunts there? Possibly, but would someone that stops there be the type to continue hunting the rarest item in the game while using mediocre items for a full month? I doubt it.

People also like to say that it's too complex - no, it's not, because it's already been done quite well. People say it's just nostalgia and the system was in fact bad, but if the previous system was so bad then why are we playing PSO2, another PS game after PSU (And I won't even get into how it's not PSU2, because that was a tossup and we all know it)?

I can break down every argument against doing this against anyone who argues against it, and the answer after all of that is always the same: "Whatever." This is because the only people against it are the ones that want to be in some kind of nonexistent club of 10* owners.

Well, best talis in the game owner, +10er, and frequent user here: This system is bullshit.

gravityvx
Dec 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
At least you admit it.

The thing is, not caring about other peoples' gameplay experiences does directly impact you. If people get sick of rolling snake eyes ad infinitum they will quit, or perhaps stop paying money. The market will have less competition as a direct result. The game will get fewer or worse updates. Yes, it's a bit of stretch, but if you want justification to care about whether or not other people are enjoying their experience in PSO2 there you go.

And it's not so much that everyone wants everything easily, more that there's a tried and true method that allows us to have our cake and eat it too. We can have fun, unique, gameplay-altering weapons without having the single best item in the game by designing it so there is no single best weapon in the game. This is referred to as "balance." If you can't "win," why is there a "best?"

People say if rares did were more common it'd be too easy - only if you stop at building your arsenal with one thing. That would be like not leveling your force past level 17 because you already have PP revival, so who cares? People say that if rares were more common everyone would use the same thing - not true, some would prefer a rare that does X, others would prefer one that does Y. There's also fun in changing styles based on what you find, to see if you like it or not. Would they stop their hunts there? Possibly, but would someone that stops there be the type to continue hunting the rarest item in the game while using mediocre items for a full month? I doubt it.

People also like to say that it's too complex - no, it's not, because it's already been done quite well. People say it's just nostalgia and the system was in fact bad, but if the previous system was so bad then why are we playing PSO2, another PS game after PSU (And I won't even get into how it's not PSU2, because that was a tossup and we all know it)?

I can break down every argument against doing this against anyone who argues against it, and the answer after all of that is always the same: "Whatever." This is because the only people against it are the ones that want to be in some kind of nonexistent club of 10* owners.

Well, best talis in the game owner, +10er, and frequent user here: This system is bullshit.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm pretty sure I never said I want to be some unique snow flake lol I'm well aware that others not getting what they want impacts me, but still it doesn't phase me because yeah, I'm not in you or their shoes, and I haven't been since beta so obviously my opinion will be skewed in some peoples eyes. But as I said, I know the drop rates are low on some rares. Also, I never said the system wasn't bullshit. In fact I've talked to you about this already in another thread and we both agreed that there needed to be some means of increasing the drop rate, be it a daily racial buff, something along those lines or just in general increase them across the table. What I did actually say is, 10* weapons don't take a month to find, and from my own experience they don't. So in this case I don't think anyone is wrong here, just different opinions from different experiences.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe there should a boost of class specific weapons when you use that specific class....

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
I can't voucher for shit RNG myself as I have seriously dumb luck and found massive weapon upgrades that I wasn't even hunting for in the first place (Fossil Tricks and Spike Slugger notably), but a good 5-7 of us were in an exceptionally good Mines MPA for hunting Fork. Four hours and numerous PSE Bursts with endless Gilnaches later, not a single one of us found it. That doesn't line up at all. It's hugely depressing for the FOs on our team to not see a single Fork drop for any of them even with such a highly favorable map.

I enjoy a lot of the gameplay mechanics in this game, but a lot of the strings attached completely baffle my mind.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 06:36 PM
You know what's even sillier?
If you get an 11 or 12 star and you don't want it, you can't exchange it.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
I enjoy a lot of the gameplay mechanics in this game, but a lot of the strings attached completely baffle my mind.

This is my general stance too. Yes, flinch irritates me. Yes, rares are pretty irritating. Yes, grinding is horrendous.

But if it's fun despite all that, how damn amazing would this game be if all that worked with the player instead of against the player? Random needn't be the only way forward. We can have SOME consistency or safety nets for the ones who fall through the cracks and retain a need for either challenge or effort.

PSO succeeded so well for a few reasons, like being the only MMORPG on consoles at the time, but other reasons were that it was innovative and just darn good fun. PSO didn't mimic every other game of the time with 90% of its mechanics, so why would PSO2? Some parts were imitations, sure. But not quite this many. There's a clear opportunity to create new standards and they're passing it up in the name of playing it safe. I know Sega isn't exctly prone to taking risks right now, but there's some very clear opportunities that they're passing up.

edit: I should say this while I'm here, too. This discussion has been a lot more civil than I expected, for whatever reasons (more people getting tired of it, people realizing it will only worsen, whatever). I definitely appreciate the more civil tone. I know it's pretty off topic, but I'm glad all the same.

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 06:45 PM
You know what's even sillier?
If you get an 11 or 12 star and you don't want it, you can't exchange it.

But you can! For an ExCube

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 06:48 PM
To be honest if the flinch was resolved, rare drop rates were fixed, and something USEFUL could be done with untradeable rares (make drop rate percents slightly more obtainable), I could get by with the grinding. Well, the price would have to be dropped, that is.

VenomFaiz03
Dec 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
If you're a casual and you just follow a few friends around, the game is fantastic.

^me

It does feel good to show up for all the new content, indulge in an amazing online experience, and not sweat the details. Actually, though, I consider myself pretty adept at playing the market. I have my 3 favorite weapons to +10 each, but still managed to make a cool 5mil off grinders alone with a one-day premium pass.

But that's off topic... The Dark Falz Elder battle? I had to call my friends who all quit playing PSO2jp after beta and tell 'em. It was amazing! The music, the crescendo, that ONE MOMENT when the biggest badass of demonic villains shows weakness and 12 battle-worn heroes all let loose on him at once...! I hate that you have to wait for an event to come up to fight him, but I wouldn't change it if I could. The fact that I can't grind the big man makes his demise all the sweeter.

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Welp, 4 battles, 3 rare boosters later, and all I have to show is 2 Mace of Adaman. I did find a Lambda Jaried off of the hands so I guess that's not bad shop fodder.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hm, something I'm wondering about. Has anyone found LESS than 2 iritistas?

^me

It does feel good to show up for all the new content, indulge in an amazing online experience, and not sweat the details. Actually, though, I consider myself pretty adept at playing the market. I have my 3 favorite weapons to +10 each, but still managed to make a cool 5mil off grinders alone with a one-day premium pass.

But that's off topic... The Dark Falz Elder battle? I had to call my friends who all quit playing PSO2jp after beta and tell 'em. It was amazing! The music, the crescendo, that ONE MOMENT when the biggest badass of demonic villains shows weakness and 12 battle-worn heroes all let loose on him at once...! I hate that you have to wait for an event to come up to fight him, but I wouldn't change it if I could. The fact that I can't grind the big man makes his demise all the sweeter.

And agreeing here. They got falz 100% right.

Heat Haze
Dec 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hm, something I'm wondering about. Has anyone found LESS than 2 iritistas?

And agreeing here. They got falz 100% right.

Took part in 4 EQs. I got in order.

3, 1, 4, 5.

Yes, I once got only 1 stone. It was pretty discouraging.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
At least falz has a good drop rate chance, since its a superboss.

Z-0
Dec 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Sure does, considering I got no rares from 4 Falz.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 08:30 PM
Ok the system is still flawed.

Xaeris
Dec 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Five Falz. Not so much as a Mace of Adaman. At least I have enough stones to get a welfare rare.

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Up to 15 stones now and my last run got me a Mace of Adaman and that new 9* Partisan.

Not much, but this is seriously the best luck I've had since Ruins came out. I'm stoked :P Almost to Fossil Victor! Even if it's weaker, somehow it's so much more satisfying to earn a 10* rather than dumbly stumble upon one. Yet another RNG problem: zero sense of accomplishment.

Agitated_AT
Dec 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
Putting collecting rares as priority in your game experience is stupid in my opinion anyway. Can't believe some of you play that way and not getting bored. But then, you have to find something to keep it interesting because it is definitely not yawning through mobs, encountering a boss and doing literally the exact same thing over and over again that can keep the player engaged without any depth.

But then I wonder, what are the benefits of these rares? They aren't even that big so really you're just collecting them for the sake of collecting them. The people who even go so far to get upset by not being able to get rares need to think about what they are really getting upset about. Can't seem to place myself with someone who enjoys the game that way, but meh, I digress

The bosses are the game's only redeeming point. But that's like a small portion of the whole experience

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Putting collecting rares as priority in your game experience is stupid in my opinion anyway. Can't believe some of you play that way and not getting bored. But then, you have to find something to keep it interesting because it is definitely not yawning through mobs, encountering a boss and doing literally the exact same thing over and over again that can keep the player engaged.

But then I wonder, what are the benefits of these rares? They aren't even that big so really you're really just collecting them for the sake of collecting them. Can't seem to place myself with someone who enjoys that, but meh, I digress

You're jumbling ideas here. You post this stance a lot, and I shoot it down the same way each time.

The purpose behind rares in PSO1 was not simply finding something. It was finding something that let you do something that you couldn't already. It's the same reasoning behind skilltrees. Are you going to say you don't spend skillpoints? No. Of course you're not. That would be ridiculous.

What made rares unique in PSO1 has been shifted to skilltrees, affixes, and PA's. Fire bonus -> fire mastery. Orochiagito -> any ranged PA. The problem is this leaves a void in reasons to continue hunting items. Hunting reskins with a bigger number tied to them gets boring after the first 2 or 3 max level hunt.

Hunting rares in PSO1 was never about hunting a shiny box, not for most people anyway. It was about hunting what that shiny box let you do that you couldn't before.

Syklo
Dec 14, 2012, 12:49 AM
Putting collecting rares as priority in your game experience is stupid in my opinion anyway. Can't believe some of you play that way and not getting bored. But then, you have to find something to keep it interesting because it is definitely not yawning through mobs, encountering a boss and doing literally the exact same thing over and over again that can keep the player engaged without any depth.

But then I wonder, what are the benefits of these rares? They aren't even that big so really you're really just collecting them for the sake of collecting them. The people who even go so far to get upset by not being able to get rares need to think about what they are really getting upset about. Can't seem to place myself with someone who enjoys that, but meh, I digress

The bosses are the game's only redeeming point. But that's like a small portion of the whole experience, so totally not worth it.
Well if you've completed everything else: CO's, matterboard, titles/achievements, etc.
What else is there to do apart from that?

Agitated_AT
Dec 14, 2012, 12:58 AM
You're jumbling ideas here. You post this stance a lot, and I shoot it down the same way each time.

The purpose behind rares in PSO1 was not simply finding something. It was finding something that let you do something that you couldn't already. It's the same reasoning behind skilltrees. Are you going to say you don't spend skillpoints? No. Of course you're not. That would be ridiculous.

What made rares unique in PSO1 has been shifted to skilltrees, affixes, and PA's. Fire bonus -> fire mastery. Orochiagito -> any ranged PA. The problem is this leaves a void in reasons to continue hunting items. Hunting reskins with a bigger number tied to them gets boring after the first 2 or 3 max level hunt.

Hunting rares in PSO1 was never about hunting a shiny box, not for most people anyway. It was about hunting what that shiny box let you do that you couldn't before.

But you keep saying PSO1, what is the purpose of them in PSO2? The fact that they are rare? The way they look? The minor additions that you don't really need?

Well if you've completed everything else: CO's, matterboard, titles/achievements, etc.
What else is there to do apart from that?
It is supposed to give a sense of accomplishment. Like gigawuts said, every rare did feel unique in pso1 so there was all the reason to feel that way, in pso2 not so much.

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2012, 01:01 AM
But you keep saying PSO1, what is the purpose of them in PSO2?

Well, precisely my point. There isn't. They're reskins with more damage. Making weapons functionally unique in entirely new ways would completely change that. Boost the damage of older rares, or make them easier to grind for players to actually get the benefit of the weapon without needing later-game amounts of currency. Make all 10*'s unique, then make them drop more often.

The goal then becomes not finding one single mega rare 10*, but many common ones for a longer combined time but more rewards to show for that time.

Agitated_AT
Dec 14, 2012, 01:05 AM
So what you are saying is that you're collecting them still with the state of mind you had in PSO1, but in the end not even liking the results in PSO2?