PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Hunter / fighter MAG

shachao
Dec 12, 2012, 08:36 AM
Should I make my mag only ATP or DEX and ATP? Not sure what to do with my mag. Does DEX help in any way?

Temprus
Dec 12, 2012, 08:46 AM
Dex helps your damage ratio be more consistant. Also, a dex-based mag (one where dex is over all the other stats until after level 95) has a far better pb than a s-atk mag's unicorn. ^.^;

shachao
Dec 12, 2012, 08:50 AM
Dex helps your damage ratio be more consistant. Also, a dex-based mag (one where dex is over all the other stats until after level 95) has a far better pb than a s-atk mag's unicorn. ^.^;

So having Dex100/ ATP 50 mag is better?

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
My personal belief is that anything above 50 DEX on a MAG is overkill. My MAG is 100 S-ATK / 50 DEX and my damage consistency is great. Honestly I could probably be fine with a lower DEX than that, but another 10-20 stat points is nothing you're realistically going to notice. So try to go with mostly S-ATK, mix in some DEX (I'd say 25-30 minimum) and some S-DEF if you like, and you'll be good to go.

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
20-30 DEX max. Rest of the points into s-atk if you are going pure Hunter/Fighter.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
I have no dex on my mag/skill trees and my damage is consistent all the time because I'm using rare weapons. Dex is seriously a waste of points as it is now. If you don't plan to get a new mag in the future, you should go for pure S-ATK.

Z-0
Dec 12, 2012, 10:05 AM
You really should get DEX because you need it to be able to equip the Dark Wings, which are the best units in the game.

I have 30 which is more than enough. (well you don't even need any if you're a cast; maybe as other races. RA won't need any either)

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 10:07 AM
I have no dex on my mag/skill trees and my damage is consistent all the time because I'm using rare weapons. Dex is seriously a waste of points as it is now. If you don't plan to get a new mag in the future, you should go for pure S-ATK.

Eh. My Damage isn't consistent even when using rare weapons. As a FO my average hit and my critical hits are roughly 300 damage apart.

One should only go pure offensive stat if they don't plan on having a hybrid class, meaning RA/GU and HU/FI. Techer has more base s-def than it does t-def, soto wear optimal force units you'd need to invest in tech defense on your mag.

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
Unless you want to equip stuff that requires dex, you don't have to waste your mag on the dex. You can just, like, affix units with it.

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
Unless you want to equip stuff that requires dex, you don't have to waste your mag on the dex. You can just, like, affix units with it.

This is true. For now, at least.
But the truth of the matter is we don't know what the future has in store for us, so those pure mag builds might not be favorable when something very good which requires a lot of DEX, or a lot of a defensive stat rolls out at lv60, or lv70, or lv80.