PDA

View Full Version : Pure support build advice

Aquayoshi
Dec 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
For the longest time I've been thinking about making a RA/TE pure support build on the side once I max Gunner, because I think it would be interesting to play.

Most of the support skills (Skill Tree-boosted Shifta, Deband, Resta, etc.) would come from Techer, but the most vital support skill of all -- Weak Bullet -- would come from Ranger. Basically, I'm primarily focused on keeping my party alive and dealing more damage, with healing, buffs, and WB.

Of course, I'd be doing damage, too; I have Weak Hit Advance maxed and plan on maybe leveling Standing Snipe.

My question is, if I'm going for pure support, what's most worth leveling on the Techer skill tree? I'm not really interested in playing it as a primary class, so I'm more willing to skip the offensive skills considered essential so I can put more points into healer/buffer skills. (I've heard that the Resta boost and Shifta Critical are useless, so should I put as few points in them as possible so those points can go towards more useful boosts?)

Coatl
Dec 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
Meh, wouldn't let me copy the URL.

You would want to max out PP restorate 1, Shifta Advance, Shifta Critical, Deband cut.
That leaves you with 1 SP to put wherever.

I wouldn't say resta boost and shifta critical is useless. At least, I don't see anything else in the skill tree that is just so much better. Considering PP convert is for burst dps and not burst support, I don't see it as being very useful to your build.

Kondibon
Dec 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
Considering PP convert is for burst dps and not burst support, I don't see it as being very useful to your build.
I disagree, I think it's important to remember all the crowd control techs there are now, being able to spam them without running out of PP would be a great way to help out your party or in a MPA. And as the OP said, they aren't completely forgoing damage, so it could still be useful durring boss fights as a way to take advantage of weak bullet without having to waste one.

Aquayoshi
Dec 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
I disagree, I think it's important to remember all the crowd control techs there are now, being able to spam them without running out of PP would be a great way to help out your party or in a MPA. And as the OP said, they aren't completely forgoing damage, so it could still be useful durring boss fights as a way to take advantage of weak bullet without having to waste one.

I'll consider taking PP Convert, since I always find myself running out of PP while using WB. (I can't use anything but PAs since normal shots will waste WBs, and if I switch to another weapon, the bullets I've loaded go away.) Then again, it's way down the skill tree and I'd waste a lot of points... I'll probably just go with PP Restore instead, since I'm limited on points if I pump all the S/D skills.

I probably won't be spamming techs much, since my damage will be weak (Lower base T-Atk as Ranger, and no T-Atk on Mag) and I'd probably do more using Ranger weapons. For crowd control, I'll probably end up using mainly launchers with a few AoE techs thrown in. It really depends on how strong those techs are with my weak T-Atk; I really don't have a feel for FO/TE except for maybe Resta, since I haven't leveled FO, just used it as a utility subclass on RA till I unlocked GU.

I'm wondering if putting some points into Territory Burst is a good idea. How long does it last, and how wide of a radius does it give buffs and heals?

Lyr
Dec 13, 2012, 01:04 AM
Territory burst duration is 90s and 110s at levels 1 and 10 respectively, with constant cd of 120, and it boosts your support skills range by 50%, its... actually pretty good
it makes zondeel into giant zondeel..... which is.. quite amusing, of course it also applies to resta, shifta, deband, megiverse and the like. only 30s downtime is pretty nice for 1 skill point....

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2012, 03:29 AM
I did Fo/Ra for a while and thought of a similar kind of build. First of all, Shifta/Deband Advance translate into almost 5% base stats when maxed. Crit is worthless with a high dex, hardly noticeable most of the time, and not usually worth the points for the remainder. Territory Burst not being sustainable indefinitely kills the class for me, but if you're that focused on support then it won't be a problem for you, even with a 30s gap at lv1.

But yeah, Deband Cut is worth it and either PP regens (or both) are always good choices.

Kondibon
Dec 13, 2012, 05:55 PM
I probably won't be spamming techs much, since my damage will be weak (Lower base T-Atk as Ranger, and no T-Atk on Mag) and I'd probably do more using Ranger weapons. For crowd control, I'll probably end up using mainly launchers with a few AoE techs thrown in.

Zondeel and and Razan are my main forms of crowd control. It's not about the damage, I use them even when I'm not using a tech weapon. The point is to keep enemies in one place, or prevent them from attacking so you or your party members can hound on them. Being able to use them more without having to stop is always a good thing. I think it's good to remember that playing support is more than just popping resta and shifta every once in a while, and there are techs that are useful for things other than damage. Of course that has less to do with builds and more to do with tech loadouts.

This is my planned future build. I don't think it would suit your playstyle but I thought I'd share it anyway.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?u2IYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib5dIdIksSINGNdn0009b0000Ib00000fkbdqIdHXI dj4QHN0006

Coatl
Dec 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
I did Fo/Ra for a while and thought of a similar kind of build. First of all, Shifta/Deband Advance translate into almost 5% base stats when maxed. Crit is worthless with a high dex, hardly noticeable most of the time, and not usually worth the points for the remainder. Territory Burst not being sustainable indefinitely kills the class for me, but if you're that focused on support then it won't be a problem for you, even with a 30s gap at lv1.

But yeah, Deband Cut is worth it and either PP regens (or both) are always good choices.

Considering most people forgo DEX, I wouldn't say Shifta critical is useless.
Also, I highly recommend putting ONE point in Territory burst. It is almost required to be decent support. I DON'T recommend putting more than one point. 90/120 seconds at lv1 is more than enough.

ShilohSham
Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
well going a FULL support RA/TE would look something like this

http://tinyurl.com/dxy3ph2 or at least that how I would go about it If I wanted full 100% support