PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to turn off double tap dash?

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
No end of misery to this...I dont even seem to need to double tap to activate it, just changing directions I'm walking while charging results in dashing...

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
Still no. But my workaround is still sound. Get a key mapping/virtual gamepad program like VJoy to map WASD (or whatever) to analog/dpad controls.

Only downside is typing your movement keys in chat will move your character around so it'll cancel autorun or make you look silly.

get it here: http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 12, 2012, 03:47 PM
Still no. But my workaround is still sound. Get a key mapping/virtual gamepad program like VJoy to map WASD (or whatever) to analog/dpad controls.

Only downside is typing your movement keys in chat will move your character around so it'll cancel autorun or make you look silly.

not as silly as dash cancelling your charge while not near any enemies or being attacked XD

jooozek
Dec 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
We should spam them with a suggestion to add an option to disable this crap, so annoying.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
We should spam them with a suggestion to add an option to disable this crap, so annoying.

^This x100

My keyboard's keys' clickety things are starting to go, so now my A and W keys will set off with the slightest bit of pressure. This has me dashing constantly under just the weight of my finger with zero actual pressure. This interrupts anything I happen to be doing at the time, pretty irritating.

This is such a huge oversight that I'm really surprised there's no feature to disable it. Even by Sega's standards this is just daft.

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 06:38 PM
I like the idea of double tap dash, really, I do. But not if I'm holding W and push A or D occasionally with large gaps in between. Even just moving diagonally sometimes sets it off, I don't understand it.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Sure, as an option, yeah, I agree it's fine. Some people like that stuff. But then, some of us don't, and not even having an option is silly.

[Ayumi]
Dec 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Double tap only occurs on the keyboard I take it?

krophiquon
Dec 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
honestly, a way to decrease the threshold would be even better than the ability to turn it on or off.

I like the double-tap dash, however I can put almost a full second between clicks and it will still dash. Should be able to set that sensitivity to whatever you want. Personally, I would make it < 1/10th of a second.

UnLucky
Dec 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
;2892406']Double tap only occurs on the keyboard I take it?
Yeah, which makes the virtual gamepad thing work

It'd be fucking ridiculous to put double tap on an analog, not even Sega would do that.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah, which makes the virtual gamepad thing work

It'd be fucking ridiculous to put double tap on an analog, not even Sega would do that.

There are games out there that did do it, but many of those same games also featured it on the d-pad. Still, it was hysterically hard to do. IIRC minecraft for xbox only has sprinting via thumbstick forward doubletap, which I've never actually managed to do. But that probably just makes your point for you.

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah, tricking the game into thinking your keyboard is a gamepad has another side effect. You know how if you change areas, take a jump pad, step into a circle trap, or some such it resets your controls? Like you'll be holding W, but you won't move until you let go of the key and press it again, right? Well you can only "hold" one direction at a time with an analog, so if you just tap A or D while still holding W you'll keep walking forward.

Not sure if that makes sense, but it's something I've noticed.