PDA

View Full Version : GC Why does everyone rate FOnewm's so low?

Xevioso
Dec 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
I've looked around the internet for tips on being a better Fonewm. But a I noticed a general consensus that Fonewms suck.

Why is this? I mean, at the moment, mine has some really bad accuracy, but in general, he can really nuke enemies without a problem. Is it jut lower proficiency in comparison to the other Forces in the game? Or something?

Link1275
Dec 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
I've looked around the internet for tips on being a better Fonewm. But a I noticed a general consensus that Fonewms suck.

Why is this? I mean, at the moment, mine has some really bad accuracy, but in general, he can really nuke enemies without a problem. Is it jut lower proficiency in comparison to the other Forces in the game? Or something?
It depends entirely on your server, and which version of the game you're playing. On the big server FOnewms and FOnewearls are the only FOs that you see regularly.

dooby613
Dec 12, 2012, 11:34 PM
Fonewm is the best and most common fo on the server I play on. Many people don't like it's support abilities but for me, I enjoy the nuking abilities.

Gunbladelad
Dec 13, 2012, 05:41 AM
As the others said, it's down to personal preference, although Fonewms do rate quite well as being the "Nuker" of the Force class. Remember that male Forces get faster bare-handed casting speed - which they do retain with the fist-type weapons.

Xevioso
Dec 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't think about supports. I've noticed in online games, people have a tendency to abuse mages, demanding that they heal all the time. I used to play this game called Grand Chase and all the mage players kept getting cursed at for not healing people. It's kinda sad.

As for the faster casting speed, it only works without a weapon?

Gunbladelad
Dec 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Male characters (all of them) cast faster with the unarmed animation (even having a weapon equipped which has this animation will work), while females will cast faster with a cane (I think - I know it's one of the Force-specific weapons).

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
As much as I can tell, it's because FOnewms get bonus damage to gi and ra techs, which are all AOE, and also zero bonuses to support tech radius. The enemies worth getting a bonus for tend to be alone and require focus fire, e.g. bosses or minibosses. That's what FOnewearls get, a bonus to normal level techs (foie/barta/zonde), plus resta & anti range. FOmarl gets grants, which is nice, and resta & anti PLUS shifta & deband. FOmar gets gi level techs, then S&D.

Xevioso
Dec 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Well, so long weapon bonuses. :P

So, the general consensus is that without decent support, FOnewms tend to be despised more?

I used to think it was about their designs.

Ultimate Hunter
Dec 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
FOnewm are the best offensive class of the forces in general. While FOnewearls might have higher MST if expanded, the 30% boost of RA techs comes in handy for FOnewm without the extra MST balancing them out. Also, I think they could get the most out of a Psycho Wand with 60% boost Ra techs total? That must own!

blackstar
Dec 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
It is true that FOnewm do not have the stats to be support forces, but if that's your thing, then there are weapons you can use to get around their deficiencies. There are also weapons that will give a 30% bonus to the element they are tied to. This is useful for long range attacks and bosses/mini-bosses. The true advantage of a FOnewm comes at higher levels with level 30 attack techs, and a good mind MAG.

There is nothing better than seeing how fast a group of FOnewm with level 30 nukes can clear a room. Of course that will really piss off the hunters if they cant get their hits in before the carnage starts.

Vintasticvin
Dec 19, 2012, 12:18 AM
It is true that FOnewm do not have the stats to be support forces, but if that's your thing, then there are weapons you can use to get around their deficiencies. There are also weapons that will give a 30% bonus to the element they are tied to. This is useful for long range attacks and bosses/mini-bosses. The true advantage of a FOnewm comes at higher levels with level 30 attack techs, and a good mind MAG.

There is nothing better than seeing how fast a group of FOnewm with level 30 nukes can clear a room. Of course that will really piss off the hunters if they cant get their hits in before the carnage starts.

LOL, this made me laugh a good bit.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 28, 2012, 07:32 AM

This and DMC (damage cancel) is generally why FO's and specially FOnewmans are hated when spamming attack spells, mainly stuff like Rafoie. It's not hard for a HU however to cast a quick Rafoie themselves to tag for exp and then move along. Server I used to play on barely had any pure casting FO's. Almost all were melee FO's with high hit mechguns and slicers and double sabers that just support the group, cast a occasional Rabarta to freeze stuff and handle the rest with melee weapons to avoid DMC.

Also good luck finding lv30 attack spells, these are as rare as finding Sealed J-Sword.

Xevioso
Dec 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
This and DMC (damage cancel) is generally why FO's and specially FOnewmans are hated when spamming attack spells, mainly stuff like Rafoie. It's not hard for a HU however to cast a quick Rafoie themselves to tag for exp and then move along. Server I used to play on barely had any pure casting FO's.

Now that I could see.
What is damage cancel?

gigawuts
Dec 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
Now that I could see.
What is damage cancel?

I believe it's the effect both monsters and players have where after taking a hit they're briefly invulnerable. You'll notice it the best when you take a 25%+ hit and get knocked down, that has a long damage cancel period. I could be wrong though, I'm not up to par with terminology for this sort of thing.

VioletSkye
Dec 28, 2012, 08:29 PM
Damage Cancel happens when two or more players attack an enemy at exactly the same time and the enemy takes no damage. Basically they cancel out each others' attack.

dooby613
Dec 30, 2012, 06:27 AM
lv 30 attack spells are not really that hard to find and in general god techs are easy to find and that should have you good as long as your techs are at least 27.

Xevioso
Dec 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Damage Cancel happens when two or more players attack an enemy at exactly the same time and the enemy takes no damage. Basically they cancel out each others' attack.

Huh. That's actually pretty cool. Was this fixed in Plus?

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2012, 07:16 PM
Huh. That's actually pretty cool. Was this fixed in Plus?

Cool? More of a nightmare in some situations and specially when fighting dark Falz and Olga flow in challenge mode. Not sure if its fixed, don't think so.

Mystil
Jan 19, 2013, 06:31 PM
Was never fixed - was never considered a bug. Damage cancel came in all forms.. even casting JZ caused damage cancel ~_~.

Anyway, these guys suck in every area except one thing - which I've had the pleasure of witnessing: 3 or 4(I wasn't the 4th) of these guys, TEAR SHIT UP with their ra-line techs.

Xevioso
Jan 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
Huh. I'm not... sure how that makes the whole package bad. That sounds awesome.

Mystil
Jan 20, 2013, 09:07 AM
If you're talking about damage cancel, I think you're misunderstanding it. Damage Cancel against players. Not against monsters. Yeah that would be cool if you could damage cancel monsters. Damage cancel doesn't effect forces, but it effects melees. It's practically a "miss" hit, except instead of saying miss, you see 0's.

Dana
Jan 21, 2013, 01:38 AM
Also good luck finding lv30 attack spells, these are as rare as finding Sealed J-Sword.

Not quite. But hey.

FOnewms are just ugly. That's why they're underrated. Forces who play anything but support in PSO1 are a joke. While they can rinse offline ~ their role was always best served healing the berserkers <3

Mystil
Jan 21, 2013, 02:38 PM
Playing support was fun.