PDA

View Full Version : Since when did dashes cancel when you land?

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2012, 03:52 AM
So I just noticed this when my Mirage Escape ended near instantly on uneven terrain. You can also do a really short dash on flat ground if you jump right before.

Please tell me it hasn't worked like that since launch. I... kinda like it this way.

blace
Dec 13, 2012, 03:55 AM
This has been there, and you're now noticing it?

Shadowth117
Dec 13, 2012, 03:59 AM
This is very old and very useful. Its cool though regardless.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2012, 04:14 AM
Since launch, useful thing to quickly cancel this or that or dodge an attack without the full animation.

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2012, 04:32 AM
No one told me about this! They just complain that the animation is too long

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 04:34 AM

It is.

But i'm not complaining.

dablacksephiroth
Dec 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
I've personally known of this technique since PC's alpha, because I obsessed over watching this game's development and anybody's gameplay videos.... (and cried inside because I didn't know how to get into the alpha outside of Japan..which one way was through a PSU JP account. ;>)

ZIE creations
Dec 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
worst part is, if you are miraging away from rokbaw when he is grabbing and you forget that it does this... The anouncer sounds so mad when he said "FAIL" Q.Q

FenixStryk
Dec 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
It's been in for as long as I can remember. The "Ground Stomp" dash is a tight input that I don't really bother with any more (I just do air Mirage Escapes back-to-back since their delay is shorter than a ground one), but it's fun to mess around with while walking up a hill.

This is what you're talking about, right?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFByaSIdq4c

Coatl
Dec 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
For some reason I can never do it 3 times in a row.