PDA

View Full Version : Putting an Affix/Ability on your weapon

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
So I'm trying to put a soul and ability on a blank weapon (no stats) and I'm trying to figure how to get these 2 abilities added. I've done it before (cant remember the process since i dont do it that often) with a Rear and Leg unit where it let me add both the Soul and Ability but both had chances of moving over. Now whenever I try to do it it only lets me select one option out of the list. What am I doing wrong here?

This is what I'm trying to do:

Stellar Twinkle: No abilities
Material Rod: Elder Soul-Technic 1
Material Rod: Elder Soul-Technic 1

Which should come out to: Elder Soul-Technic 2

Instead it only lets me pick one or the other instead of both, what do I do?

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
The amount of abilities you can affix to a weapon/unit is the number it currently has on it + 1. So if it has none you can only add one right now.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
The amount of abilities you can affix to a weapon/unit is the number it currently has on it + 1. So if it has none you can only add one right now.

wouldnt the plus 1 be the grind number next to the name? and if so can i just grind it a few times and then add the abilities?

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2012, 10:59 AM
No that's the grind number, it has nothing to do with abilities. The little diamond icon in the right corner of the weapon name box tells you have many abilities a weapon has. In the details box the bottom of the first page will have a list of the abilities a weapon has as well as the entire 3rd page.

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
you have too add ability slots in increments of 1, so you have to add a slot, then add another slot then you will have 2 slots, then you can try to affix 2 at a time.

you will be penalized for adding slots with a reduced affix chance, 70% instead of 100% example
so it is best to add slots with junk you dont need first then when you have desired amount of slots, go for the final attributes you want.

have a read;
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202629

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196573

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
thank you eharima, i'll do a little reading, i fail to see the diamond thing derpington is talking about

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
So I'm about to throw Elder Soul on to my Elder Rod (decided to change rods now), once I do will i be able to add anymore affixes? Like I have 2 Fodder Materials with Elder Soul and Technic 1 so i want to transfer over both but last time i did transfer over a soul it only attached that and wouldnt let me transfer anything else again even when i had the fodder materials sharing the same affixes

this is a blank rod so once i affix it, it will have elder soul on it, now when i try to add more affixes the items wont show up and it tells me something in JP in yellow so now i cant Technic 2 to it

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
yes, but with souls you always need atleast 2 items with the soul on it to appear as a chance to transfer it.

buy some 1k junk with 1 and 2 slots on it and affix your elder rod so it has 2 slots on it any 2 slots, then try to add elder soul and technic so you have the best chance at succeeding.

you can add elder soul right now np, but then you will have to add another slot, and use items that have soul on it, then get peanalized for adding another slot, and soul affix chance is 50% with 2 fodder + add slot penalization it will be like 36% chance ;-;

it sound complicated, but its better to plan ahead to save pain...

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 11:38 AM
i have a lot of Elder Soul+Technic 1 affixed rods/talis's on me already, so should I go ahead and use 2 that have Elder+Tech on the Rod but only being able to move Elder Soul to it? (since it will only let me add one thing)

GreenArcher
Dec 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
No, as others have stated, use some junk items to increase your Rod to 2 affixes. Then put Elder soul and Technique on it.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
No, as others have stated, use some junk items to increase your Rod to 2 affixes. Then put Elder soul and Technique on it.

so any affix will do then?

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
if you really got loads to burn and feel lucky then sure, but being a 10* you will likely fail alot on one or the other, but i have had affixes go through at 8% 34% 26% depends on dodo

go for it if you feel lucky and have lots of spares
or
strategize and plan if you want it to just work

and really think if you actually want technic 1 or technic 3 on there, because if you affix elder soul and technic1 and thinking about upranking to technic 2 or 3, it is always better to plan ahead...

either way, good luck and post pics ^^

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
So just as a precaution (and i wanna be sure with you guys) this is kinda how i plan it:

Right now- Elder Rod blank stats
2 Rods with Elder Soul+Technic 1
Pick both of those weapons in the menu but only lets me move one trait
I pick Elder Soul and it transfers over

Do I have 2 slots now or just 1? and this is where last time it wouldnt let me transfer anything else. Usually I can pick up from there and pick 2 more weapons with Elder+Technic 1 allowing me the chance to transfer over Elder+Technic 2 this time

GreenArcher
Dec 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
When it has 0 slots you can combine with anything, can only go up to 1 slot
When it has 1 slot you must combine with other 1 slot items, can stay at 1 slot or add an extra for 2 slots
When it has 2 slots you must combine with other 2 slot items, can stay at 2 slots or add an extra for 3 slots
When it has 3 slots you must combine with other 3 slot items, can stay at 3 slots or add an extra for 4 slots

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
When it has 0 slots you can combine with anything, can only go up to 1 slot
When it has 1 slot you must combine with other 1 slot items, can stay at 1 slot or add an extra for 2 slots
When it has 2 slots you must combine with other 2 slot items, can stay at 2 slots or add an extra for 3 slots
When it has 3 slots you must combine with other 3 slot items, can stay at 3 slots or add an extra for 4 slots

*sigh* so basically I'm stuck just moving over Elder Soul then right?(or can i progress it from there?) and thanks for putting up with me guys, im trying to learn this system more (even though I read the links archer gave me, confused me a little) if thats not i'll experiment around, trying to get the best out of this Rod

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
forget putting the soul on first, do it best way like this;

go buy some weapon for 1k with 1 affix like body 1 or something
use it on elder rod you will have 70% chance of working.
if it work ok if not try again.
now you have 1 solt,
now do the same again, with arm 1 or light resist or something
you will have 70% or 64% chance on both affix working
if it worked ok if not repeat untill you have 2 slot on elder rod

NOW use your items with elder soul and technic 1 on it
you will have 50%soul and 100%technic chance for affixing.
it worked? yay!
soul failed? ;-;
add another slot using your junk fodder like body 1 so you have 2 slot again and repeat.

if you have elder soul on all 3 items when affixing you will get 80% transfer chance, but thats another story

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 12:17 PM
forget putting the soul on first, do it best way like this;

go buy some weapon for 1k with 1 affix like body 1 or something
use it on elder rod you will have 70% chance of working.
if it work ok if not try again.
now you have 1 solt,
now do the same again, with arm 1 or light resist or something
you will have 70% or 64% chance on both affix working
if it worked ok if not repeat untill you have 2 slot on elder rod

NOW use your items with elder soul and technic 1 on it
you will have 50%soul and 100%technic chance for affixing.
it worked? yay!
soul failed? ;-;
add another slot using your junk fodder like body 1 so you have 2 slot again and repeat.

if you have elder soul on all 3 items when affixing you will get 80% transfer chance, but thats another story
alright i'll try this out heh as for the 3 slots....i dont think thats gonna happen haha more or less i'm aiming for Elder+Tech 2, Tech 3 if I'm lucky

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
welp there goes 400k under a minute, dam DuDu, might just throw Elder Soul on it and call it quits, i dont wanna drain all my money so fast

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
hahaha this is the fun part! screenshots / livestream ok!

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
hahaha this is the fun part! screenshots / livestream ok!

Now I'm broke! lol was expecting, with my last 33k i said screw it, throwing a soul on and calling it quits, soul gets a attached, i get a bit happy, notice i can still throw Tech 2 and Elder Soul again, no money ;-; another day on PSO2

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
i'll put a screenshot after the EQ, you'll see my ! affix weapon that DuDu handed to me on a silver platter.

also out of curiosity, is this how people make a lot of money?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
ok well heh managed to make myself go even more broke, all i can say is i wasted 1mill trying to get Elder+Tech 2 on to it, 8 times in a row, the soul stay attached while Technic 2 didnt so i pretty much gave up and left on Elder Soul...i wanna punch DuDu even more than before when grind attempts didnt work in the past haha anyways guys thanks for the help, i got the hang of this now

eharima
Dec 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
welcome to item affixing.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
welcome to item affixing.

its like PSU grinding but far worse and more frustration