PDA

View Full Version : GC Camera zoom and other stuff

jooozek
Dec 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Finally put my Wii to use and got myself PSO Ep I&II and I've got a few questions.

How can I zoom in/out? On PC, you just used the mouse scroll but I can't find any combo that would allow me to adjust it.

Next thing is, I'm on wii so offline is the only thing I can play, is there any way to get the PSO plus offline content on my v1.00 PSO EP I & II? I saw an option for downloaded quests at the quest counter but have no clue how to utilise it.

What class is the easiest and fastests to play through offline, on PSO:BB on some server that doesn't really matter I've rolled a RACast which I got to lvl45 by just soloing but it felt slow (I've clocked 15 hours on that char), it got faster when I've managed to get a Dark affix weapon which made it a wee bit faster but still hella slow.

Is there shared storage between the characters? If not, is it possible for me to trade items between two chars without a second memory card and a second gamecube controller?

Is saving done only at quitting? Because I didn't notice saving icon at all.

Is there anything I should look out from bug/corruption side of things? I get that I can't shutdown/do anything when the game is saving but other than that should I look out for something?

...and that's all for now I guess, I'll maybe make another post with more amassed questions later.

blace
Dec 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
How can I zoom in/out? On PC, you just used the mouse scroll but I can't find any combo that would allow me to adjust it.
There's no zoom feature on the GC version.

Next thing is, I'm on wii so offline is the only thing I can play, is there any way to get the PSO plus offline content on my v1.00 PSO EP I & II? I saw an option for downloaded quests at the quest counter but have no clue how to utilise it.
Aside from buying the PSO+, can't give you anything else other than that option.

What class is the easiest and fastests to play through offline, on PSO:BB on some server that doesn't really matter I've rolled a RACast which I got to lvl45 by just soloing but it felt slow (I've clocked 15 hours on that char), it got faster when I've managed to get a Dark affix weapon which made it a wee bit faster but still hella slow.
I've made quite a few characters back then, FOnewearl seems to be rather quicker at it, assuming you have some high levelled tech discs laying around.

Is there shared storage between the characters? If not, is it possible for me to trade items between two chars without a second memory card and a second gamecube controller?
Sadly, shared storage was something the private servers for PSO:BB put in. As long as the characters are on the same card you can trade between them.

Is saving done only at quitting? Because I didn't notice saving icon at all.
Only done when you quit the game.

Is there anything I should look out from bug/corruption side of things? I get that I can't shutdown/do anything when the game is saving but other than that should I look out for something?
Not that I'm aware of with the non plus game.

Kroniedon
Dec 16, 2012, 07:48 PM
- Zoom can be done in snapshot mode. Forgot how to activate it, but yeah, it's there.

- You can download the extra content. The Wii can go online now, but you'll have to use good Ol'google or any other search engine to find out how.

- Offline it only saves when you exit the game. Online it saves anytime you interact with the shops, the bank, when you drop your equipped items, and when you use the use the teleporter from pioneer 2 -> an area or vice versa.

- There's some work being done among some private servers to incorporate a shared storage system server side. Doesn't exist yet, but in time, it's certainly a possibility.

Gunbladelad
Dec 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
Zoom can be done in snapshot (Memory card in slot B with available snapshot file - created via the options menu from the title screen - is required) by holding both shoulder buttons on the pad in socket 4

For the actual snapshot taking, the controls (All done on the pad in controller port 4) are as follows;

L - Display viewfinder
A - Take snapshot of viewfinder square
X - Take fullscreen snapshot (Scaled down - size is the same as viewfinder's image)
Z - Hold while taking snapshot to make it grayscale
L+R - Zoom in towards viewfinder
Control Stick - Rotate camera
C-Stick - move viewfinder