PDA

View Full Version : hunter/fighter or fighter/hunter

psycho4r5
Dec 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
so when making this decision is their any thing to consider besides which weapons you have access too? I am torn between hunter and fighter because I love daggers and double sided sabers but I also love Swords. I guess it comes down to fighter giving me access to 2 weapon types I love instead of ! but is there other aspects that I should consider?

Im saving up my dark falz stones right now and both the sword and double saber look really bad ass so I cant decide which one I am going to want to use.

P.S. I just thought of this since fighter/hunter still has hunter subbed does that mean I would still have access to swords and if so is it still viable to use swords as a fighter or is it more effective to use daggers and duel sabers since those are fighter weps? and same question for hunter/fighter would it be viable to use daggers even though fighter is subbed and not main?

thanks in advanced guys? (certain members are always very helpful too me, I really appreciate it. I was a phenom at pso ep1&2 so thats why I ask so many questions because I want to be just as bad ass at pso2, thanks for all the advice you gusy have given me)

DoubleCannon
Dec 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
I am 100% these 2 since fighter ever came out, just about 50 hunter (i maxed fightert first) Honestly hunter to me is a massive pain in the as slow! lol. I can not wait to be fighter again, much faster class!

terrell707
Dec 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
Something to consider is that the sword and double saber from the Pyroxene Shop are both all class weapons (the shop that you trade the Dark Falz stones into). So you could use either as either combination. To answer part of your question, the only thing to consider between the two is which weapons you want to use. You can only use all-class weapons for the sub class (example: you go fighter/hunter, you can only use swords that are considered all-class.). I'm not really sure the answer to the other part of your question because I never played fighter.

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=13

That link has a list of all the swords, just click the sword tab and look the descriptions. It'll say if it's considered all-class or not. And just to clarify, all-class weapons are weapons that any class can equip but only people who are subbed or maining the class that can equip the weapon can use PAs for them.

gravityvx
Dec 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
I am 50 in both and to be honest there isn't much difference in either if you're subbing them with each other besides their weapons. The sword you buy for stones is pretty weak, but the double saber is very much worth buying. But yeah, if you want to use the other classes weapons you need an all class weapon, the stone weapons are the answer to that for the most part, but for sword lambda artisin is a better choice unless you're going for that pink sword look. Also, yes using the other classes weapons are very viable, the all class weapons are slightly weaker but still good enough to get the job done, especially at +10.

Z-0
Dec 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Get yourself a Lambda Aristin (ラムダアリスティン); they're pretty cheap. Only like 800k or so. Also 8 star so it's not hell-on-earth to grind.

It's equippable by all classes, and with Hunter as your sub, PAs can be used. This lets you take fighter as your main and use the Fighter weapons while using Sword. Lambda Aristin is also very powerful (731 S-Atk at +10).

Don't bother with the Pyroxene weapons... I personally think they're a pile of toss, considering they need defense to equip (lol), are 10* (try grinding a 10*) and are weaker than a lot of sub-10*s.

Hunter was a lot better than fighter beforehand (Sonic Arrow with Sword is better in most situations), but since the release of Lambda Aristin, I find myself using Fighter a lot more for a better double saber.

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
Hunter was a lot better than fighter beforehand (Sonic Arrow with Sword is better in most situations), but since the release of Lambda Aristin, I find myself using Fighter a lot more for a better double saber.

Nailed it for me. Fighter weapons + sword, a perfect melee class.

MetalDude
Dec 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
FI/HU can satisfy your HU weapon itch with a much better set of all-class HU weapons with the Lambda Aristin, the recent Lambda Patty Lumeria, and Lambda Hyperion (or if you're a lucky bitch, Falclaws).

HU/FI doesn't have the same liberty given that the only remotely good option is Nishiki. You miss out on a fair chunk of HP (60 I think with both at 50), but the weapon choices are much better going FI/HU.

If Fossil Victor wasn't 90 S-ATK under Noise Blower, it might be a decent choice going HU/FI, but alas.

Punisher106
Dec 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hunters are ideal for defense-based (Gasp!) combat. I found myself rarely dying, compared to the others on VH Falz runs. When I fight normal mobs, I use wired lances, and when it comes to bosses, Partizan takes priority, because its guard makes attacks absorb PP instead of HP, which is super-useful for, say, Falz's sweeping laser attack. If you like having defensive capabilities, go HU.

Fighters, on the other hand, are a VERY mobile class, which I love so much. Daggers focus on air comboing, and the two PAs you want for the twin daggers are Raging Waltz and Orchestra. RW will let you home in on a locked target, and launch the mob in the air, if they can be launched. Proceed to air combo until they die. Works wonders against Ragne. Orchestra is a great way to stick in PA damage while air comboing. I find myself using it every now and then. There's also Double Sabers, where you can use Deadly Archer to WRECK things with a fairly large hitbox. It's amazing in Destruction and Funji Rescue E-trials.

Rien
Dec 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
I'd just like to add that the Lambda Hyperion is horribly overpriced.

MetalDude
Dec 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
It's mostly because it's annoyingly difficult to find (specifically Lv. 46+ Caterdra'n, really Sega?).

NoiseHERO
Dec 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
Like many others already said probably, I say fighter till you can find something better than what I call the "lambda conveniantsan" sword.

Unless you like partizan and WL, but if it was fun preference you'd already know for yourself.

Also Double Sabers DPS... Cheeses Christ, Double Saber's DPS....

psycho4r5
Dec 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
thanks for the responses I totally understand it now and I am saving up for the double saber as far as my stones go and it looks like ill be going fighter/hunter. I just cant pass up on daggers. I was a 188 RAcaseal for a majority of my time in PSO ep1 and 2 but when i did play hunter i loved the daggers design and utility. is it like ffxi where your subjob is half the level of your main or how exactly does that work?

Macman
Dec 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
All-class hunter weapons are far better than all-class fighter weapons currently. So it's probably better to have hunter as a sub for now.

Kondibon
Dec 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
is it like ffxi where your subjob is half the level of your main or how exactly does that work?
All of your classes stay their own levels and keep any unlocked skills when subclassing. The 20% stat bonuses are, iirc, based on the subclasses level or your mainclass's level depending.

So if your main class is 5 and your subclass is 20 then you'd get 20% of your subclass's stats if it were level 5, but if you're level 50 and your subclass is 20 then you'd only get 20% of your subclass's level 20 stats.